TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

Stockport_County_FC.png

Bravo.Romeo.Alpha.Zulu.India.Lima

Stockport Give Chelsea The Blues

For Stockport fans, whom have seen better days, chairman Lord Snape’s name has been the most magical detail at the club. That all changed on Saturday, when the Hatters headed down to Daniel Radcliffe’s hometown for a money match against Chelsea. Despite no one giving them a tenth of a chance, 500 Stockport fans made the long journey to the capital, and what they saw on the pitch was befitting of the famous wizard movies. The magic began in the fifth minute, and it was hardly surprising to see captain and talisman Rodrigo Lima involved. Lima was never good at crossing, but that didn’t stop him from delivering a brutal ground cross. This atypical cross would be put away by an atypical hero, the much maligned Sulley Ali Muntari. From six yards out the Ghanian couldn’t miss, and thus started a night that would get even better for Stockport. The visitors continued to press and soon got a second, the captain getting on the scoresheet with a well taken finish. Being 2-0 down would have been the cue for Chelsea to get more competitive, but Lima went close again before Chelsea finally created something of note. Gokhan Inler was the magician here, and he almost got an assist, if not for Stockport goalkeeper “CR12” Cassio Ramos. His outrageous save from a pinpoint Cesc Fabregas shot was undoubtedly the moment of the match.

media_xll_1459888.jpg

Back from the break, the visitors were still in control and Phillip Lahm was swiftly booked for bringing down Elano. From the resulting free kick, Elano and Lima played a quick 1-2. Stockport’s top scorer struck and Petr Cech was rendered helpless by the speed of the play. Utterly humiliated, Chelsea brought in some big names off the bench. For a moment, that breathed new life into the hosts, but Cassio was motivated to shut out Chelsea once more. The tide would shift back in favor of the visitors; in fact, Lima was looking to bring home the match ball. Cech was not going to let the striker humiliate him further, but that didn’t dampen the celebratory spirit one bit. The 500 travelers rose for a standing ovation upon the ending whistle. Among the chants of appreciation were tributes to Rodrigo Lima, the captain involved in all three goals. For once, the chants for Lima weren’t the loudest. As CR7 broods over Division Two next season, he might have heard his initials being chanted on television. Except it wasn’t celebrating the proud Portuguese, but a humble goalkeeper who just shut Chelsea out twice. Not by magic, but true hard work.

Former Bus driver Stuart Robson quits job after correctly predicting Mr. Froz3ns new job!

Euro-Millions-lottery-win-007.jpg

Earlier in the week it was published that Mr. Froz3n was back from enjoying his life in Amsterdam and getting back into any possible work, apart from heavily ruling out the places that make him sick (E.G West Ham, Man City, Liverpool, Southend) Mr. Robson (45) from Brixton, South London placed £965 on Mr. Froz3n becoming the new Peterborough manager at incredible odds of 550/1 which today returned him an incredible £531,715 after Froz3n confirmed his arrival at Peterborough. When asked, what made him place so much on an outside Peterborough Mr Robson said:

I had a dream... I was driving my bus like I do daily, and Froz3n boards on... I asked him. You're looking to manage again... where? Peterborough he said calmly and walked on. That was enough for me. I woke up and I knew what I had to do. Found all the available cash I had on me and headed for the nearest bookies. I'm sure this is fate. It's incredible!

Mr. Froz3n upon hearing the news was surprised as anyone else, and said he will personally greet Stuart to congratulate him.

Darren-Ferguson-Petebrorough-scarf_2550287.jpg?20110112130821

Froz3n has been appointed as the new manager of Peterborough this evening

Expressandstar.jpg

Harman: Focus Is Key

Walsall manager Tony Harman today insisted focus is key if his side are to have a successful campaign. Walsall prepare for life in Division 2 having won the Division 3 title last season yet Harman thinks this season is a huge step up in class.

Last season much was expected of us and it was the first time we've ever gone into a season where we were expected to do well and sometimes that pressure can be a hindrance but looking back we coped with that pressure really well and we need the same again this year. Division 2 is certainly a step up in class and that's where your focus has to be top notch, switching off for a split second can be the difference in winning and losing in this league so we've got to be ready for that.

Walsall have strengthened this summer bringing in no fewer than 6 new faces so far, are we likely to see anymore new arrivals before the new season?

We think we've spent well thus far but we'd still like maybe 1 or 2 more but with the season coming up fast it's never easy to get targets in so we'll just have to wait and see really.

A few eyebrows were raised when you signed Klose, at 34 do you think he can still cut it in Division 2?

No question in my mind otherwise I wouldn't have signed him. He's a player with a huge pedigree and has played at the top level over the years so his experience will be invaluable to us this year and hopefully he can make a big impact.

miroslav_klose_1916661c.jpg

Veteran striker Klose

You kick off the season at home against Watford, do these games have some extra spice in them or is it just another game?

Obviously playing my brother's side there's a little extra at stake but the reality is were still only playing for 3 points so I have to stay professional, put personal feelings aside and prepare the lads as I would for any other game.

And finally can you asses your sides chances this season.

First and foremost our priority is staying up, if we achieve that then we'll look at where were at and maybe set some targets but I don't really want to look beyond that at this point and add pressure. We'll just take every game as it comes and I'm sure if we continue to work hard then we'll have another successful campaign.

stevep.png

Tykes ready to start on the cobbled path

grayson2584948.jpg

READY FOR KICK OFF - Barnsley boss Steve Thompson is ready for Northampton Town this Saturday

Beaten division 3 play off finalist Barnsley have been handed a tough first assignment for the new season as they welcome talent-filled Northampton Town to Oakwell this coming Saturday. Thompson's men are being tipped to have another good season with many predicting another top 6 finish but Northampton managed by renowned talent spotter Sir Abdul Legend will be looking for a good start themselves as they look to better last season's disappointing 15th place.

So far it's been a quiet transfer period for the Tykes with no new faces so far arriving through the Oakwell doors but speaking tonight after watching his side beat Shrewsbury 1-0 Barnsley boss Steve Thompson hinted that new faces could yet freshen up his squad.

"We have been handed a tough first game against Northampton. They have a highly talented squad and a good manager in Sir Abdul Legend so we know it's not going to be a stroll in the park.

We are looking to build on last season and use the experience of losing in the play off final to our advantage non of the lads want to feel the heartache of losing like that again.

I have had a few people ask me about new signings and all i will say is we are working on a few things. The right player has to become available and at this minute the loan market isn't producing enough for us to consider breaking into our budget.

I have been in contact with various managers but non are really forthcoming and willing to commit so at the minute we will go with what we have which is more than capable of producing the goods"

Below-The-River-Logo1.jpg

BORGNINE HOLDS

ONTO HIS CROWN JEWELS.

phil.oakey.doesnt.live.therePhil Oakey Writes.... Sheffield United boss the mysterious Ernie Borgnine, admitted he was counting the days to the start of the new season as he told of his optimism of an early return to the big time for the Blades. The media shy Borgnine spoke from St Mary's after tonights entertaining 4-4 draw friendly with Southampton. With the recent departures of elder statesmen Richardo ' little Dickie' Carvalho and Miroslav Klose, the game saw what fans hope is to be a brave new era for United as Borgnine fielded what is the side that is likely to form the backbone of this season promotion push. Perhaps most notable was the role played by Ever Banega as the young Argentinian took over Gareth Barrys captain arm band and the inclusion of young frontman Antoine Griezmann.

thumb_big_wide_f54b6b8c17a44b30d1d0090a7bbee5cc.jpg

An optimistic Borgnine

Whilst the lively Griezmann provided an ever willing outlet on the left side of a 3 man attack it was impressive Banega that drew the plaudits in a mature midfield performance alongside Barry and Mathieu Valbuena, setting up one and scoring Uniteds 78th minute equailiser with a stunning drive after good work by defender Stefan Radu. With the rumour mill speculating that Borgnine considering using one or both of the pair to tempt Arsenal boss Said Sharif into parting with want away David Villa, Borgnine was quick to scorch any such talk by declaring via his spaceman helmet's microphone......

I'm happy to admit that I did enquire about the availability of Villa but there was never any possibility of either Ever or Antoine being part of the deal. Yes there was a proposal put on the table from Said but that is as far as it was going to get. Both players are vital to not only the forthcoming season but for seasons to come and I can assure you neither will be leaving. I feel we are in a great position here at United, we have an extremely talented squad with both depth and experience and are in great shape to expect to figure prominently in this seasons promotion race. Whilst I am delighted with the squad i am of course always looking to strengthen and add quality should the opportunity arise. We are going to try a few things in the forthcoming pre-season friendlies and I am hopeful that will harness the great spirit within the squad ahead of our SMFA Super cup meeting with Manchester United. Despite looking forward to another campaign in Europe obviously promotion back to division one must be this seasons primary objective and I think I can speak for the players when I say that we are counting the days until we can get started with a tough opening game against Bolton.

7 new faces at Burnley ahead of the new season

Burnley+v+Tottenham+Hotspur+Carling+Cup+Semi+JDk4GT4EoVKl.jpg

Its been all change at Turf Moor this summer, as 2 big squad players leave and 7 join:

Gonzalo CASTRO has completed his move to Burnley from Sunderland for £2,000,000 plus Carlos VELA

Castro is an exciting player for us. He offers a lot of depth to our squad, and even has an outside chance of hitting 91. Its a shame to see Vela leave, but needs must.

Alexis SANCHEZ has completed his move to Arsenal from Burnley in exchange for Alexandre PATO and Fabio COENTRAO

Sanchez was amazing for us last year, he was our player of the season by quite some stretch. However, when this offer came in from Div 2 rivals Arsenal, there was no way I could refuse. Pato is a dazzling player, although he has recently moved back to Brazil, he is still young, and easily has the talent to make it in Europe in his second shot. Coentrao is also a fantastic player, he could either join Jose at Chelsea, or join the new Monaco revolution, and anyhow, it's never easy to find a quality LB like him.

Giampiero PINZI has completed his move to Burnley from Udinese Calcio for £4,540,000
Joseph YOBO has completed his move to Burnley from Fenerbahce SK for £508,000 plus Nicolai BROCK-MADSEN and Leonel MIRANDA

These two veterans have been brought in to shore us up down the centre, in both defence and midfield. Both are still getting regular game time for very good teams, and are welcome additions for cheap prices!

Lamine SANE has completed his move to Burnley from Colchester United for £6,000,000 plus Artur SOBIECH

Very talented player that can play at RB, CB and DM. This will be very helpful for me in my quest for promotion this season.

Chris MAVINGA has completed his move to Burnley from FC Schalke 04 for £42,000 plus Tom TRYBULL and Cartabia FEDE

Young French star that is getting regular first team football at a good French team. Should be rising a fair bit in the coming months.

With these changes to my squad, I should be able to improve on my 9th place finish of last season, and a play-off spot is my aim! :)

DAGENHAM DIP INTO TRANSFER MARKET

Dagenham and Redbridge signed two players ahead of the opening games of the new season.The newly promoted side bought Brad Freidel from Chicago Fire in a swap deal involving Alexander Doni and around 1 million pounds.Freidel will be the number one keeper at Dagenham.

The Daggers also agreed a loan deal with Everton to take midfielder Bo-Kyung Kim to Victoria Road for the season due to Colin Kazim-Richards leaving Dagenham after the final game of last season in an 8 million pound deal with Galatasaray.Ryan Nelsen also left Dagenham at the end of the season as he decided to hang up his boots.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQv8fan66BMFz4s6e7XfP6MqMMngb5lRKkLooY29zjHqAM-Ri40sg

COLEMAN RAVAGES YA MAN BORGNINE

mike_brearley-50x50.jpgMike Brearley writes...Just hours after a narrow 2-1 super cup defeat at the hands of Manchester United, Blades boss Ernie Borgnines pre season preparations were thrown into turmoil after an ultimatum by promising Irish defender Seamus Coleman. With less than 24 hours before the seasons opener against Bolton the 24 year old Coleman took to twitter to openly voice to his 20,000 followers his intentions to leave Bramall lane unless he sees more first team action. In the short message, posted from the bench half way through tonight’s game the frustrated Coleman declared ..

Ohh be Jaysus, oim bored sitting ere watching dis rubbish, Steffan Radu is playing loike an ole O'Conall street tart, an ta be sure oi shad be out dere on da field. I've ad enufff ov dis , an when da games over oim off ta see ya man Borgnine an tell im unless oi get ta start a few games dis season oim off.#Oim bored at United, ta be sure.

Despite being recognised as one of the countries up and coming talents Coleman has found himself somewhat of a bit player since his arrival from Wolves at the start of last season, making just 5 appearances as he struggled to usurp Glen Johnson in the right back berth. Despite Coleman being watched by both Fulham and Walsall, insiders at the club are speculating that Borgnine may well look to stamp his authority on the squad by ignoring the restless stars outburst and relegating him to the reserves and litter picking the Bramall lane car park on match day.

efc__1281433417_Seamus-Coleman.jpg

Want away Irish defender Coleman

THE DIVISION 1 CONTENDERS

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJlwFSTfe0IZAcTLQS0-uTyGGFIhZb-UbQcLI24UOJCkZA-Mj0

Tottenham Hotspur- Newman

Has 15 players rated 90+ and plenty squad depth, Was rumoured to be a victim of the Boston strangler a couple of times but that was just him choking, will battle again for 4th place.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once paid £15.5M for Ji-Sung PARK , now that shows he means business.

Carlisle United -Anth Madison

Took his tinpot club from 3 to 1 but gave the fans horrendous nightmares after losing two play-offs en-route, can spot a bargain but yet to establish himself as a D1 club as of yet, can see him suffer from second season syndrome and skirt with relegation.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 5-1 to the poor team of Merseyside

Huddersfield Town -Ahmad Rivai

Took over the club from 7046 SMH when he club-hopped and has turned the club into a decent top 10 club, chances of a top 4 finish this season? About as much as chance as Chelsea ever getting £50 million back for Torres

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Actually won something with Huddersfield (League shield) something that SMH failed to do.

LIVERPOOL-SMH

BIASED:

Great manager brought Huddersfield from d3 to d1 even though missed out on all the good players at start due to joining with just 8 games left to go in first season, has then went on to win two Europa cups and finish 2nd and 3rd respectively last two seasons with Liverpool, definite league winner this season.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Is currently on a 16 match unbeaten league run.

UN-BIASED:

Has a squad with capabilities of winning league and Champions league but has failed and only won two toy Europe cups ,think he won them in a McDonalds happy meal, the team is jam-packed with Real Life champions league winners, maybe SMH should ask them their secret.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 5-1 to Charlton in the cup, where Charlton fans mocked Liverpool by singing are you Accrington Stanley in disguise.

Stoke City -JAY-Z

The last time the club were in the division they had a better side and got relegated so I doubt the fans will be expecting much this season.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Lost 8-2 to Yeovil under Jay Z so the likes of facing on-par Fulham this season must have the Stoke fans chitting themselves

West Bromwich Albion -david belkevitz

To be honest done well to avoid the drop in first season up , will do the same to avoid the drop this season, but then again if he can do the double over Leeds and Charlton again that makes him half way to safety,

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 7-0 to West ham , a dark day in the West ever since.

Manchester City - Vik P

Team boasts players of good calibre including the magician Messi, took over in October 2011 but yet to win anything yet

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Vik once led his City boys to an 8-2 defeat at Bristol City, yes they should have known back then that trophies would not follow.

Manchester United -SOP

Reminds me of the rich kid at school, born with silver-spoon abundance of riches and stars from the start, TBH even manager Craig now of division 4 could probably win the d1 title with that squad and money coming in from the massive 76k+ stadiums home gate receipts.Might struggle to match his 7th place finish of last season.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once embarrassed himself and the club by losing 6-2 at Nottingham Forest which is another day of Egyptian celebrations every year

Bury -Lenny59

Long time to get here to the promised land all the way from d4 to d1, Tbh its a pity it will take him that long to get back. Oh wait he hasn't gone YET.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 7-1 at home to Blackpool

Sunderland -Raz

We have all heard of the boy who knew too much well I think Raz is his Autistic brother, has a fine squad but is tactically inept will struggle in the lower echelons of the division.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : The club once recorded a record of 5 wins in a row, sadly that was before Raz came in to manage the club.

Middlesbrough -Jooles D

Squad boasts a few big name stars and a a bundle of pensioners, tactically aware but needs to be as his squad does lack a bit in quality, nevertheless should make a Europa spot.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 4-1 to Nottingham Forest which is now an Egyptian day of celebration every year

Chelsea /DAVID JONES

Has 18 players rated between 90 and 95 but on last seasons showing you would be hard pushed to believe that, Title contender ? About as much chance as an internal happening with the boss.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Lost 5-1 to Charlton last season, a sign of things to come?

Everton /Shack

Been busy in real life with baby stuff so he has excuses of late but hasn't won anything with Everton but he is still a novice as he is only 170+ games into his tenure at the club, chances of top 10 finish 50/50.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : The club once went a club record 7 games unbeaten unfortunately that was before Shack's 170 games as boss.

Leeds United -Akif ibn Misbah

A manager who has been able to keep Leeds in top flight since winning play-offs back in season 2 has to get plaudits, bringing in three 85 players on loan for this season confuses me though but hey each to there own, I reckon will skirt with relegation and have a good cup run.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 5-1 to Sheffield United but hey it could have been worse Dave/Ernest could have been managing them at the time.

Fulham -Dom 'Boy wonder'

Has an above average top ten side and with a bit of luck will actually make the top ten this season, he has won the Champions league so a message to all kids out there 'Anything is possible', Not sure who oversees the medicals at the club but whoever it is should be sacked, passing players for transfer that are injured for two months.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Current League Games Won in Row [1], I have heard he plans on equalling that feat or even doubling it this season.

Bristol City -John Henry II

Not much to say here , has a few decent players and is definitely the best team in Bristol.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once lost 8-2 to Man City ,now when someone gets hammered people in Manchester say 'You got Bristolled'.

Exeter City /david crawford

The fairytale story a small club makes good, less than 500k a week wages,stadium I could probably fill with my twitter following, kept his club in league against all odds, marvellous, now back to reality and division 2.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Once beat Ipswich 9-1 I am sure there is a plaque of it somewhere in Exeter and it fits right in with all the other plaque in Exeter, ask the local dentist.

Charlton Athletic -Chris Hogg

Has a decent side although his thin squad may see him struggle if he has a good cup run but should make a Europa spot unless pipped to it by Jooles.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Lost 5-2 to Millwall once , I am sure Craig has all the newspaper cut-outs enlarged into laminated posters on his wall.

Nottingham Forest- BigameMO

I think Mo must shop at the 99p store [not sure what they call these in America] but if you look at some of his bids you would know what I mean, had a season of decent form/luck but that has been an gone, how do you measure success? 325 games in charge and has won a play-off, another season of struggle I foresee.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Won 5 games in a row about 3 years ago so there is hope for consistency.

West Ham United -Niall Taylor

A squad that should easily make the top 10 but should have been relegated last season, don't worry Karma doesn't forget.

CLUB HISTORY/RECORD/FACT : Got humped 5-1 by Bolton in the cup, should have been about 8 to be honest.

3g0GSlN.png

Division 4 Awards

Sorry for the wait folks, just the way it goes sometimes. The good news is there were lots of votes to count, an incredible 1037 to be precise, some 393 more than last season. Many thanks to the 38 of you that took the time to vote, some 48%, just a touch shy of the magic 50% (not quite the 45/80, 56%, turnout of season 2). Still, that is a cracking showing for any setup and credit to you all for chipping in and voting, just one of the many aspects that makes 7046 so great.

As always we’ll start with division 4 and work our way up through the leagues over the next couple of days. It was almost certainly the most exciting race the division has ever seen, with so much decided on the final day. Credit to Swindon, Dagenham and Chesterfield for climbing the ladder and commiserations to those who just missed out. Closey, you are a waste of space, logging on every 29 days or so indeed.

This year there were 160 for the little clubs, with 13 different clubs getting at least 1 vote. Here are the season 7 winners (and yes, yes, I know it’s season 8 already, hey if SM can [famously?] get the World Cup seasons mixed up then I can cross-over into the new season too!):

Club/Manager of the Season

Winner: Swindon/Paul Gibson (15 votes)

Runner-up: Dagenham/wozlives (9 votes)

3rd place: Chesterfield/Glory Days (3 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Oldham/Cathal Crumlish (8 votes); Season 2: Brighton/Ashh (10 votes);

Season 3: Dagenham/Wozlives (3 votes); Season 4: Notts County/DarloFC (4 votes);

Season 5: No awards; Season 6: Tranmere/Mr Active (11 votes)

paolo-di-canio_a_2199887b.jpg

After a superb, if at times tense, season, Swindon boss Paul Gibson

manages to celebrate promotion without the use of a Nazi salute

Player of the Season

Winner: Odion Ighalo/Colchester (16 votes)

Runner-up: Artjoms Rudnevs/Swindon (3 votes)

Joint 3rd place: Mateus Kelvin/Accrington Stanley, Yevhen Seleznyov/Oldham,

Souza Andre/Rotherham, David N’gog/Shrewsbury (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1 Jason Scotland/Oldham (7 votes);

Season 2: Danny Welbeck/Accrington Stanley (7 votes);

Season 3 – Durán Nolito/Dagenham, Tino Costa/Dagenham, & Micheal Ballack/Chesterfield (1 vote);

Season 4: Sercan YildIrim/Hartlepool (6 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: no award.

lyn_front_74565a.jpg

A great season for Mateo Kelvin with 22 goals and 8 assists in just 26 games,

though not as good as his season 8 ratio of 2 goals and 1 assists in just 1 game!

Young Player of the Season

Winner: Mateus Kelvin/Accrington Stanley (17 votes)

Runner-up: Souza Andre/Rotherham (4 votes)

3rd place: Lorenzo Insigne/Swindon (2 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Wilfred Zaha/Shrewsbury (4 votes);

Season 2: Danny Welbeck/Accrington Stanley (7 votes);

Season 3: Herique Walter/Rotherham, Toni Kroos/Wycombe, & Adel Taarabt/Tranmere (1 vote)

Season 4: Sercan Yildrim/Hartlepool (3 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: no award.

ng1093405.jpg?type=big

With 29 goals and 21 assists in 37 games Odion Ighalo wraps up an amazing season,

though still not as good as his season 8 ratio of 2 goals and 2 assists in just 1 game!

Most Under-Achieving Club/Manager

Winners: Closey/Cardiff (18 votes)

Runner-up: DanielLoong/Southend (3 votes)

3rd Place: TheDuffman/Brighton (2 votes)

Others: Geoffry/Leyton Orient, Mr. Hammer/Wycombe, Racky/Aldershot (1 vote).

Previous Winners: Season 1: Tranmere/Villa888 (4 votes); Season 2: Swindon/Tom MFC (8 votes);

Season 3: Fred Keenor/Southampton (2 votes); Season 4: Steve025/Tranmere (2 votes);

Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: DanielLoong/Southend (6 votes)

1257453669nosexwithsheep1-.jpg

It’s been miserable in Cardiff these last few seasons

Most Over-Achieving Club/Manager

Winner: Dagenham/wozlives (10 votes)

Runners-up: Chesterfield/Glory Days & Accrington Stanley/harmenw84 (7 votes)

Other: Swindon/Paul Gibson (2 votes), Shorpe/Claret ‘N Blue (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Bury/Lenny59 (4 votes);

Season 2: Exeter City/Crawfski; Season 3: (5 votes) Dagenham/wozlives (2 votes);

Season 4: DarloFC/Notts County (2 votes);

Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: jharman/Bournemouth (9 votes)

pa-photos_t_dagenham-and-redbridge-rotherham-playoff-final-wembley-photos-3105ad.jpg

Celebration time as the Daggers were out in full force in season 7.

Best Transfer Deal

Winners: Mateo Kovacic to Leyton Orient (2 votes)

Runners-up: Kelvin to Accrington Stanley & Leitner + Traore for Lukaku – Aldreshot (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Matt Jarvis - Dagenham & Wilfred Zaha – Shrewsbury (2 votes);

Season 2: Ibrahim Afellay to Aldershot (3 votes);

Season 3: Bobby Zamora to Accrington Stanley & Manu Del Moral to Wycombe (1 vote)

Season 4: Beckham to Stockport (2 votes); Season 5 & 6: No award.

Mateo-Kovacic-Inter.jpg

Kovacic. A face only a mother could love.

Most Successful Club/Manager in the Transfer Market

Winner: Accrington Stanley/harmenw84 (3 votes)

Runner-up: Rotherham/Machine(2 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Leyton Orient/Geoffrey & Swindon/Paul Gibson (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Brighton/Ashh, Dagenham/R0b Walshe, & Hartlepool/Fernando (2 votes);

Season 2: Brighton/Ashh (8 votes); Season 3: Shehan/Wycombe & MisterMalcom/Yeovil (1 vote)

Season 4: Stockport (3 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No award.

Accrington-Stanley-balls.jpg

Mitre Accrington be going up this season with all those great signings?

Best Tactician

Winner: Paul Gibson/Swindon (8 votes)

Runner-up: Glory Days/Chesterfield (4 votes)

3rd Place: wozlives/Dagenham (2 votes)

Other: Machine/Rotherham (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Seasons 1 to 5: No previous award.

Swindon+Town+v+Tranmere+Rovers+-+npower+League+One.jpg

Gibson’s tactical acumen takes the Robins to division 3.

ReuYVSY.png

Forum Awards – Part 1

Best Forum Contributor

Winner: Jooles (13 votes)

Runner-up: Craig (3 votes)

3rd Place: wozlives (2 ½ votes)

Other: sirmarkhughes (2 votes); Raz & BigTunna (1 vote), and Steve025 (1/2 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Jooles (17 votes); Season 2: Jooles (22 votes);

Season 3: Steve025 (11 votes); Season 4: Longnose (8 votes);

Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: jharman (3 votes)

captain-canuck-time.jpg

Lol, never even heard of this bloke before but in my

desperate search for an image it’s as good as any!

Past division 4 awards can be viewed here:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

No Season 5

Season 6

***Credit goes to Villa for the title graphics. Cheers Villa, thanks for filling GarkMack’s ample shoes!***

UFXxO2V.png

Division 3 Awards

Phew, what a season in division 3! What with Walsall and Swansea going toe-to-toe all season long, Watford hanging onto their coat-tails, and the likes of Tranmere, Barnsley and Crystal Palace challenging for the playoff spots. Oh, and Craig’s Millwall inevitably getting relegated, didn’t see that one coming. Perhaps even more amazing was that Swansea and Leicester City made it a division 3 clean sweep of the English Cup and Shield, with Leicester then going on to kick Boro’s a*se in the Charity Shield, showing division 3 really has what it takes to compete with the very best!

Well good to know that the division 3 boys were well represented in the end of season awards. 143 votes were cast in total, with 13 teams getting a shout in one way or another. I tossed out all the votes where someone voted for themselves (:rolleyes:). And here are the winners:

Winner: Walsall/BigTunna (16 votes)

Runner-up: Barnsley/Steve025 (5 votes)

3rd Place: Swansea/Zakkoo (2 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Plymouth/Predator (16 votes);

Season 2: Bury/Lenny59 (12 votes); Season 3: Charlton/Hog0101 (5 votes)

Season 4: Carlisle/Alurcard (6 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Southampton/Rick James (15 votes)

475285-1.jpg

Division 3 winners Walsall, just 2 floors now to go…

Player of the Season

Winner: Kevin Kuranyi/Hull City (17 votes)

Runner-up: Papiss Cisse/Swansea City (5 votes)

3rd Place: Benedikt Howedes/Ipswich (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Goncalves Edu/Plymouth (9 votes);

Season 2: Alessandro Matri/Rochdale (7 votes); Season 3: Emmanuel Adebayor/Carlisle (3 votes)

Season 4: Emmanuel Adebayor/Carlisle (6 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

KEVIN+KURANYI.jpg

Kuranyi, a class act in an average Hull side

Winner: Silva Neymar/Ipswich (12 votes)

Runner-up: Christian Benteke/Reading (4 votes)

3rd Place: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain/Tranmere (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Tomas Necid/Coventry (6 votes);

Season 2: Jamie White/Southampton (5 votes); Season 3: Krkic Bojan/Sheff Wed (3 votes)

Season 4: Silva Neymar/Ipswich (4 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Award.

2011-12-18_SANTOS-BARCELONA_17.v1369549546.JPG

Neymar picking up his award from some other dude

Joint Winners: Northampton/A2R (13 votes)

Runner-up: Leicester/Gozzy (5 votes)

3rd Place:Millwall/Craig (4 votes)

Other: Doncaster/I Mccoll I 93 I (2 votes), Derby/Racky & Birmingham/Veigas (1 vote each)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Swindon Town/Tom MFC (4 votes);

Season 2: Southampton/Gary Khaw (4 votes); Season 3: Matty-AVFC/Aston Villa (3 votes)

Season 4: Mahya/Aston Villa & Dazinho/Crystal Palace (2 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Cardiff City/Closey (7 votes)

load-of-cobblers.jpg?w=610

Riches beyond the dreams of most yet nothing to show for it…

Winner: Barnsley/Steve025 (10 votes)

Runner-up: Tranmere/Ben-SCFC (6 votes)

3rd Place: Walsall/BigTunna (5 votes)

Other: Swansea/Zakkoo (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Bristol Rovers/drseanfitz (5 votes);

Season 2: Lenny59/Bury (4 votes); Season 3: Jozua/Norwich (4 votes)

Season 4: GaryMack/Rochdale (3 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Southampton/Rock James (6 1/2 votes)

grass3105201316x9768506.jpg

Steve stayed focus by staying off the grass…

Best Transfer Deal

Winner: Matic to Walsall (3 votes)

Joint Runner-up: Welbeck to Swansea, Rossi to Bournemouth & Lucas to Walsall (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Neven Subotic to Coventry (6 votes);

Season 2: Emmanuel Adebayor to Carlisle United (4 votes); Season 3: No winner – no votes received! (0 votes)

Season 4: André Ayew to Swansea, Moussa Dembele to Walsall, & Manuel Schmiedebach to Swansea (1 vote)

Seasons 5 & 6: No award.

2016465_full-lnd.jpg

Matic in Walsall’s familiar colours

Winner: Northampton/A2R (5 votes)

Joint Runners-Up: Walsall/BigTunna & Swansea/Zakkoo (2 votes)

Other: Ipswich/steauaseka (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Plymouth/Predator (7 votes); Season 2: Carlisle United/Alurcard ( 4 votes);

Season 3: Carlisle United/Alurcard & GaryMack/Rochdale (1 vote)

Season 4: Alurcard/Carlisle & Zakkoo/Swansea (2 votes)

Seasons 5 & 6: No Award.

1316515682960.jpg

With just 4 clubs, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea & Liverpool worth

more, Northampton’s rise has been nothing more than incredible.

Best Tactician

Joint Winners: Steve025/Barnsley & BigTunna/Walsall (5 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Ben-SCFC/Tranmere & Zakkoo/Swansea (1 vote)

4262_img-5796.jpg

Honours are shared between Barnsley and Walsall,

just like they were in season 7 with 1 win apiece

ReuYVSY.png

Forum Awards – Part 2

Best Transfer/Match Reports

Winner: Steve025 (13 ½ votes)

Runner-up: Jooles (3 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: sirmarkhughes & craig (2 votes)

Other: wozlives (1 ½ votes), DomLatouche & Longnose (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Jooles (17 votes);

Season 2: Jooles (10 votes); Season 3: Steve025 (15 votes)

Season 4: Steve025 (11 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: wozlives (4 votes)

0,,10273~4867712,00.jpg

Pen in hand Steve is prolific once again on the

MR thread to pick up his 3rd successive award!

Past division 3 awards can be viewed here:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

No Season 5

Season 6

***Credit goes to Villa for the title graphics. Cheers Villa, thanks for filling GarkMack’s ample shoes!***

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT1

Newly promoted Dagenham got off to a great start with a 5-2 win at home to Hull City.Gera grabbed himself a hat trick for the daggers with Jones and Duff also netting.Kuranyi and Sissoko were the scorers for Hull.

Derby County were 3-1 winners away at Swindon Town.Markovic had given the robins a first half lead but second half goals from Giuliano(2) and Wilshere won the match for County.

Chesterfield won 2-0 away at Leicester.Ekici got the first for the spireites before the break and a second half strike from Garmash sealed the victory for the Derbyshire club.

Northampton Town had a good 2-0 win at Barnsley.The match was goalless at the interval but a Ronaldinho penalty and a goal from Illarramendi were enough for the Cobblers to leave with all three points.

QPR won 2-1 at home to Reading.Benteke put Reading in front but Ya Konan levelled the match.El Arabi got the winner for Rangers after fifty one minutes.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT2

Crystal Palace were 2-1 winners away at Tranmere Rovers.De Bruyne made it one-nil before half time for Palace but Kranjcar equalised after fifty six minutes.A penalty from Aimar was enough to snatch victory for Palace.

Plymouth Argyle were 1-0 winners at home to Birmingham City.Semak got the all important goal for Plymouth.

Norwich City threw away a three goal lead to draw 3-3 at home to Bournemouth.Viana had got a first half hat trick for City but the cherries fought back with goals from Morrison,Lisandro and Susaeta.

Ipswich Town drew 1-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday.Gouffran put Ipswich ahead before Chanturia levelled the game with a penalty after eighty two minutes.

Peterborough played out a 0-0 draw at home to Southampton.Despite both sides efforts neither was able to break the deadlock.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJlwFSTfe0IZAcTLQS0-uTyGGFIhZb-UbQcLI24UOJCkZA-Mj0

Season 7 [EC7046] WHO WON WHAT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhTxyM5BiCV00fGg7s8o7wf4-U3YGnvNK5D-HHS_z1pSjuN4JZ

THE BIG LEAGUE WINNERS TROPHY FOR JOOLES D.

Honours

Comp Club Manager

Division 1 Middlesbrough/Jooles D

Division 2 Stoke City/Jay Z

Division 3 Walsall/Tony Harman

Division 4 Swindon Town/Paul Gibson

Charity Shield AFC Bournemouth/Joshua Harman

English Cup Leicester City/Gozzy raikkonen

English Shield Swansea City/Zak Cluer

SMFA Champions Cup Manchester United/Son of pluto (forum)

Division 2 Play-off Sunderland/Raz Raz

Division 3 Play-off Watford/john james

Division 4 Play-off Chesterfield/exactly simon

SMFA Super Cup Fulham/dominic (swindon1991forum) latouche

SMFA Shield Sheffield United/Ernest Borgnine

TOP SCORERS D1:PLAYER CLUB GOALS GAMES

robin-van-persie.jpg

D1 HOTSHOT

1ST : VAN PERSIE, R. Tottenham Hotspur 26/35

2ND : DI NATALE, A. Milton Keynes Dons 20/38

3RD : MESSI, L. Manchester City 19/35

TOP ASSISTS D1:PLAYER CLUB ASSISTS GAMES

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4_nRZJHMb9yRlI_4VnOi3-o-zRbL-Fdu1XsKjoaT2Ad5FQHGa

D1 SERVICE WITH A SMILE

1ST : DI MARÍA, Á. Manchester City 21/36

2ND : BALE, G. Tottenham Hotspur 16/31

3RD = NEGREDO, Á. Charlton Athletic 13/38

3RD = DI NATALE, A. Milton Keynes Dons 13/38

TOP SCORERS D2:PLAYER CLUB GOALS GAMES

AY_101182120-(Read-Only).jpg

D2 HOTSHOT

1ST : RÉMY, L. Bury 25/37

2ND : BENDTNER, N. Wolverhampton Wanderers 22/38

3RD : ETO'O, S. Stoke City 22/30

TOP ASSISTS D2:PLAYER CLUB ASSISTS GAMES

Pablo_Piatti_arg.jpg

D2 SERVICE WITH A SMILE

1ST : PIATTI, P. Stoke City 35/37

2ND : SÁNCHEZ, A. Burnley 21/28

3RD : BENDTNER, N. Wolverhampton Wanderers 18/38

TOP SCORERS D3:PLAYER CLUB GOALS GAMES

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUBFV2j0MBi8gSTU7TBX_855sp2wPHk3M265LRo2P2Yje182O6GQ

D3 HOTSHOT

1ST : KURANYI, K. Hull City 20/34

2ND : SUSAETA, M. AFC Bournemouth 19/34

3RD : PAVLYUCHENKO, R. Watford 18/31

TOP ASSISTS D3:PLAYER CLUB ASSISTS GAMES

KevinKuranyi_567313.jpg

D3 SERVICE WITH A SMILE

1ST : KURANYI, K. Hull City 22/34

2ND = PAVLYUCHENKO, R. Watford 15/31

2ND = DEMBÉLÉ, M. Walsall 15/31

2ND = ARNAUTOVIC, M. Barnsley 15/34

2ND = TADIC, D. Swansea City 15/24

TOP SCORERS D4:PLAYER CLUB GOALS GAMES

odion-ighalo-264xXx80.jpg

D4 HOTSHOT

1ST : IGHALO, O. Colchester United 29/37

2ND : RUDNEVS, A. Swindon Town 25/37

3RD : KELVIN, M. Accrington Stanley 22/26

TOP ASSISTS D4:PLAYER CLUB ASSISTS GAMES

granada-prensa-noticias-201004-07-fotos-2803350-264xXx80.jpg

D4 SERVICE WITH A SMILE

1ST : IGHALO, O. Colchester United 21/37

2ND : SELEZNYOV, Y. Oldham Athletic 18/31

3RD = SIO, G. Swindon Town 16/34

3RD = RUDNEVS, A. Swindon Town 16/37

BIGGEST CASH TRANSFERS :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkPYgu4wfrFw1LEQpJhSfl1RBVJnsaJdCy-FC0PwH-EDbTRIvU

1ST : FEGHOULI, S Rotherham United>Milton Keynes Dons £25.0M

2ND : EVRA, P Manchester United>Fulham £21.0M

3RD : INAN, S Southend United>Leicester City £19.0M

DIRTIEST TEAM IN EC7046 (MOST RED CARDS)

dirty-leeds-yellow-4.png

LEEDS UNITED 12 RED CARDS

gTAl61f.png

Division 2 Awards

With the exception of Stoke’s empathic title win, it was hard to tell whether this season’s division 2 was ultra-competitive or just if no-one wanted it badly enough. In the end Neil’s Bury hung on by their fingertips as all else around them faltered. Great excitement to the last, which seemed to take it’s toll on division 1 wannabies Coventry, Blackburn, Newcastle and Bolton who somewhat disappointingly had to sit back and watch the somewhat disappointing Sunderland with their abundance of talents breeze past them and take the coveted play off spot and head up into the top flight.

In the end some 160 votes were casts to celebrate the trials and tribulations of season 7’s division 2, with 15 of the 20 teams getting a mention somewhere along the way. With the aforementioned quality now being joined by the likes of Arsenal, the MK Dons, Swansea, Walsall, and, to be generous, ahem, Sheff United, it’s going to be some dogfight to make it up into SM’s most prestigious league. Without further ado, here are your chosen few:

Winner: Bury/Lenny59 (14 votes)

Runner-up: Stoke/Reggu Nder (11 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Middlesbrough/Jooles (14 votes);

Season 2: Bristol City/Shack (14 votes); Season 3: Huddersfield/Sirmarkhughes (10 votes)

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (12 votes); Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: Carlisle/Alurcard (11 votes)

article_3e27d2704931f2df_1365599061_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

And in the blue corner, weighing in at 120 lbs, the winner is…Bury!

Player of the Season

Winner: Samuel Eto’o/Stoke City (11 votes)

Runner-up: Pablo Piatti/Stoke City (10 votes)

3rd Place: Loïc Remy/Bury (3 votes)

Other: Nikita Jelavic/Aston Villa, Nicklas Bendtner/Wolves & Alexis Sanchez/Burnley (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Antonio Di Natale/QPR (8 votes);

Season 2: Roman Pavlyuchenko/Bristol City (16 votes);

Season 3: Fernando Torres/Man City (3 votes)

Season 4: Andrés Iniesta/Forest (8 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Award.

Bayern+Muenchen+v+Inter+Milan+UEFA+Champions+eE63jdLErIUl.jpg

Stoke’s Eto’o pips Stoke’s Piatti to player of the season.

Winner: Erik Lamela/Portsmouth (18 votes)

Runners-up: Mario Gotze/Sunderland (2 votes)

3rd Place: Salomon Rondon/Blackburn & Vincent Aboubakar/Coventry (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Mario Balotelli/Forest (7 votes);

Season 2: Mesut Ozil/Man City (4 votes); Season 3: Christian Eriksen/Derby (3 votes)

Season 4: Julian Schieber/Blackpool (9 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

652-erik-lamela-as-roma-facebook-cover.jpg

Portsmouth’s Lamela put the wind up defenders all season…

Winner: Sunderland/Raz (8 votes)

Runners-up: Wigan/Shehan & Shreyas Jayasankar (7 votes)

3rd Place: Newcastle/MoodyMark (3 votes)

Other: Norwich/Husnain & MiYkEI Santos, QPR/Scroll, Rochdale/GaryMack,

Southampton/Rick James & Wolves/SJain (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Leicester City/Gozzy (4 votes); Season 2: Aston Villa/KieranBHA (11 votes);

Season 3: Zakkoo/Swansea & Legendary Manager/Ipswich (3 votes)

Season 4: Leicester City/Gozzy (6 votes); Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: Swansea City/Zakkoo (11 votes)

O-Neill-Deluded.jpg

Sunderland gaffer Raz tries to understand why the Black Cats

failed so badly and were a laughing stock for most of the season…

Winner: Bury/Lenny59 (26 votes)

JRunner-up: Stoke City/Reggu Nder (2 votes)

3rd Place: Aston Villa/Hancock (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Doncaster Rovers/Manveen Chohan (7 votes);

Season 2: Bristol City/Shack (6 votes); Season 3: Sirmarkhughes (8 votes)

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (7 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Exeter City/Crawski (11 votes)

dora_game_thankful_old_troll2.png

Winner by an effing landslide, Bury’s very own grumpy old troll!

Best Transfer Deal

Joint Winners: Sanchez for Matuidi & Lulic/Burnley, Lewandowski to Newcastle, Van Ginkel to Sunderland,

De Sciglio & Rafael for Piszcek/Sunderland, Caracers & Parker for Jovetic/Sunderland,

Subotic to Wigan, & De Gea for Ter Ste Stegen & Fischer (etc.)/Sunderland (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Xavi to Middlesbrough (9 votes); Season 2: Adam Johnson to Watford (6 votes);

Season 3: Nicolas Lombaerts to Huddersfield,

Toni Kroos to Swansea, Dirk Kuyt to Burnley, & Zhirkov to Sheff Utd (1 vote)

Season 4: Leandro Damiao to Preston, Mauricio Isla to Preston,

& Giampaolo Pazzini to West Ham (2 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

3237339_b9c41a8f.jpg

It was a multi-part deal…

Winner: Sunderland/MUTD (11 votes)

Joint Runners-up: Coventry/Paleka12, Stoke/Reggu Nder(1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Middlesbrough/Jooles (9 votes);

Season 2: MK Dons/Kaptain Kloss (4 votes); Season 3: Swansea/Zakkoo (3 votes)

Season 4: Preston/MUTD (7 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

article-1301705-0ABDB55D000005DC-256_468x517.jpg

In his trademark tight tracky bottoms a delighted Raz celebrates.

Best Tactician

Joint Winners: Reggu Nder/Stoke City (6 votes)

Runner-up: Lenny59/Bury (4 votes)

3rd Place: Hancock/Villa (2 votes)

boy_promotion_470x315.jpg

Child Services are checking into this as we speak…

ReuYVSY.png

Forum Awards – Part 3

Forum Personality of the Season

Winner: Jooles (13 votes)

Runner-up: MUTD (5 votes)

Joint 3rd place: sirmarkhughes & Steve025 (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Jooles (14 votes);

Season 2: Dom Latouche (15 votes); Season 3: Longnose (7 votes)

Season 4: Dom Latouche (10 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Alurcard, Dom Latouche & sirmarkhughes (3 votes)

EC3A57DA355E22AAE71C3E079889_h316_w628_m5_cPfJnzViD.jpg

Oh Canada…Jooles finally regains his season 1 title from Latouche’s grubby little paws.

Past division 2 awards can be viewed here:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

No Season 5

Season 6

LIVERPOOL LOSE SEASON OPENER

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Liverpool who ended the season on a sixteen game unbeaten run faced up to newly promoted Stoke on the first game of the new season, to be honest Liverpool looked like they thought it was a pre-season game.Stoke walked all over them winning 4-2 and to add insult to the defeat they also injured Mario Gomez and new signing Thomas Muller.

34809.jpg

ONE OF THE PAIR INJURED BY HARD TACKLING STOKE

The damage was done in the first half where Dante, E'too & Gueye were all on the scoresheet for Stoke with just a solitary goal by Zarate for Liverpool, the second half was a bit better as Wayne Rooney pulled it back to 3-2 but as Liverpool searched for an undeserved equalizer Azplicueta added a Stoke fourth and gave the visitors a deserved three points with a 4-2 win.

It is the first game so we are not going too look to much into it, players seemed unfit and un-ready for the brawny hard-tackling Stoke team, I am disappointed with the two injuries but they are not long term so we will survive.We have games coming up against West Brom and Man City sandwiched between two CL games against Schalke and Inter Milan, that should get the team up to full fitness and we will re-address the situation after that if need be.

jMgQRy9.png

Division 1 Awards

If ever there were a clear example of an infinite amount of monkeys, typewriters and time and all that balls, 7046’s division 1 would be it, what with the meteoritic rise of the likes of Exeter, Bury, Carlisle, Huddersfield, and Fulham’s third place finish once and all. Not forgetting Sunderland’s second place finish back in season 2 (or West Ham's in season 1 for that matter), though as we now all know that that ain’t happening again! But hey, who knows. Anything seems possible in SM these days…

Well I have to say, and of course I would, what another fantastic season in division 1. Yeah, yeah, sure Boro came from the bottom three to rise all the way up the league to the top and regain their title, which was like totally awesome. And yeah yeah, sure it was made easier by Spurs choking (once again). But really, not only was it Liverpool’s equally compelling rise from the relegation zone to push Boro all of the way, but also one-time relegation candidates Carlisle’s ascension from the drop zone, and the sheer quality too of teams throughout the league. Really on their day any club could beat any other, and it was that level of ultra-competitiveness and unpredictability (Arsenal went down for Christ’s sake, albeit under abject neglect for such of the season), with at times just a mere handful of points separating the top ten or so teams, and not just Boro’s wonderful title win, that made this one of the best seasons ever in division 1. Maybe you even agree.

Well, I for one think it’s getting harder and harder in this league, what with the ongoing rise of tactical and transfer savvy managers, and the continuing leveling of squads through the rise and fall of ratings at the mercy of the wonderful addition of Soccerwiki, which heading into season 8 is really something for little old EC7046. They said we’d die like others once the external market was gone due to the dearth of internal deals but, Boro aside, we’ve certainly proved that notion to be incorrect and the internal market, and 7046 is positively vibrant! Anyway, and now to the awards: for division 164 votes were cast, and 14 clubs/managers received at least one vote. Here we go. Let’s hope a few of them are for Boro! :D

Winner: Middlesbrough/Jooles (21 votes)

Runner-up: Liverpool/sirmarkhughes (3 votes)

3rd Place: Carlisle/Alurcard (2 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: West Ham/Infernito (9 votes);

Season 2: Nottingham Forest/BigGameMo (6 votes);

Season 3: SpursBen/Newman (3 votes)

Season 4: Middlesbrough/Jooles (12 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (18 votes)

thesmogfather9.jpg

Jooles regains his Manager of the Season title from back in season 4, the first Div 1 manager to ever hold it twice…

Player of the Season

Winner: Robin Van Persie/Spurs (18 votes)

Runner-up: Antonio Di Natale/MK Dons (3 votes)

3rd Place: Deigo Milito/Middlesbrough (2 votes)

Other: Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Spurs & Andre Schurrle/Carlisle (1 vote);

Previous Winners: Season 1: Wayne Rooney/Man Utd (13 votes);

Season 2: Wayne Rooney/Man Utd (14 votes); Season 3: Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Spurs (4 votes);

Season 4: Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Spurs (9 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

167060hp2.jpg

Tottenham’s Van Persie picking up his player of the season award,

seen here, err, outside the Emirates. Talk about rubbing it in!

Winner: Andre Schurrle/Carlisle (18 votes)

Runner-up: Kames Rodriguez/MK Dons (2 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Alcantara Thiago/Man City & Gareth Bale/Spurs (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Luis Suarez/Sunderland (6 votes);

Season 2: Sergio Aguero/Liverpool (6 votes);

Season 3: Thomas Muller/Man Utd, Juan Mata/West Ham,

Jack Rodwell/Bristol City, & Pablo Piatti (Fulham) (1 vote);

Season 4: Gareth Bale/Spurs (8 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

Andre-Schurrle-1835466.jpg

Schurrley the best young player in division 1?!

Winner: Arsenal/Said7Fabregas (23 votes)

Runner-up: Man Utd/SOP (3 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Fulham/DomLatouche, Sheff Utd/Ernest Borgnine & MK Dons/Will (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Man City/El Nino (12 votes);

Season 2: Arsenal/Mr Snooky (3 votes); Season 3: BigGameMo/Notts Forest (3 votes)

Season 4: Sunderland/Dave Jones (7 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Man City/Predator (8 votes)

47799583.jpg

Just when you thought the Arsenal boss couldn’t sink any lower…

Winner: Middlesbrough/Jooles (9 votes)

Runner-up: Carlisle/Alurcard (7 ½ votes)

3rd Place: Bristol City/KangerooJack09 (4 votes)

Other: Exeter City/Crawfski (3 ½ votes), Charlton/Hog0101 (2 votes) & Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: West Ham/Infernito (11 votes);

Season 2: Nottingham Forest/BiggaMemo (8 votes); Season 3: Wolves/KylanN17 (5 votes)

Season 4: Middlesbrough/Jooles (7 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (14 votes)

roseberry_topping.jpg

Permit me a small liberty here please: Middlesbrough gets a raw deal but this is where

I grew up, just 10 miles or so outside of Boro, and a beautiful part of the world…

Best Transfer Deal

Winner: Zlatan Ibrahimovic to MK Dons (4 votes)

Runners-up: Alonso to Liverpool, Walcott to MK Dons, Wijnaldum to Fulham (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Torres for Messi (6 votes);

Season 2: Ronaldo to Chelsea (3 votes); Season 3: Iniesta to Forest (3 votes)

Season 4: Rooney + Thiago to Liverpool, Man City getting Rooney for Torres, Marion Gotze to Everton;

Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

1680303_full-lnd.jpg

Smiling because he finally gets to leave Spurs, or

because he’s joining the Dons? You decide…

Winner: Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (3 votes)

Runners-Up: Bristol City/KangerooJack09, Carlisle/Alurcard & MK Dons/Will (2 votes)

Other: Spurs/BenNewman (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Newcastle/Dudeskin (3 votes);

Season 2: Fulham/Dom Latouche and Spurs/jr231990 (3 votes); Season 3: Chelsea/TheDuffman (3 votes);

Season 4: Bristol City/KangarooJack09 & Fulham/Dom Latouche (3 votes)

drughi-juve.jpg

The fans show their appreciation for 7046’s number 1 Drughi.

Best Tactician

Winner: Jooles/Middlesbrough (11 votes)

Runner-up: sirmarkhughes/Liverpool (2 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Alurcard/Carlisle (1 vote)

kIMBxwKzlKs

Taking another small liberty here to play

one of the best football songs ever :)

ReuYVSY.png

Forum Awards – Part 4

Come Back We Miss You Award

Winner: GaryMack (3 ½ votes)

Runner-up: Rammy (3 1/5 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Lenny59 & Closey (2 votes)

Other: SOP (1 vote), DomLatouche, drseanfitz & Frozen (½ vote)

& Dudeskin/Elton/Jozua/KylanN17 (1/5 vote) – blame that bloody maple loving Canadian

for such ridiculous fractions and me for not wanting to leave any of the old favorites out).

Previous Winners: Seasons 1-3: Category did not exist…

Season 4: Rob Walshe (5 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Dudeskin & Jooles (3 votes each)

HmfVFJBZUBA

Martha Reeves & the Vandellas with

GaryMack (when are you coming back?)

7046 setup awards (still) to come...

Past division 1 awards can be viewed here:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Season 4

No Season 5

Season 6

Atila Turan to become a Brewer!

BurtonAlbionFC.gif

Manager Ashley Holtom gleefully announced the signing of Turkish u21 international Atila Turan. The twenty one year old is a left midfielder but can also play at left back.

The deal is £2.7m + Muralha.

Manager Ashley Holtom was delighted to have him on board.

"I am glad to get the lad on board, I feared some other clubs may have tried to lure him away but he is now coming to us, everyone at the club is excited to welcome him. He will be added to our youth team and will form part of our cup team also - I have no doubt that he will be a first team player soon enough"

Burton are starting to build a youth team full of potential - Logashov has 1500 minutes for Anzhi. Ucan is the gem in the Fenerbahçe crown. Iniguez has 1500 minutes for Argentinos Juniors. Chavez has 2800 minutes and 13 goals for Banfield. And Stepinski is, well Stepinski.

Ashley Holtom clearly beleives trusting in youth will help the club.

"This is the toughest challenge there is, division 4 in the toughest setup. I am happy with my squad but adding such talents as Turan is a complete bonus for the future of this club. We have had many clubs chase Ucan and Stepinski - but let me be clear, they love living in Burton and arent going anywhere cheaply"

Atila-Turan.jpg

forest-bg-4340-227863_478x359.jpg

Nottingham Forest Manager Issues Warning to Squad

All has not been well at Forest for some time. Since the days of regularly finishing near the top of the league (2nd in season 1 [D2], 3rd in season 2, 4th in season 4 [D2], 4th in season 5), Forest have been fairly mediocre, sneaking into 10th in season 6 and finishing 13th in season 7. After a successful summer of revamping the squad to get rid of older players and bring in new, young talents, much was expected of Forest, but so far they've started poorly, dropping five out of six points to the likes of West Brom at home and Leeds away.

When asked about the poor start, manager BigGameMo had this to say:

It's inexcusable really. Part of the blame definitely falls on me for tactically not setting my team up for success; certainly that was the case in the West Brom loss. But the Leeds match was a game we should've won, without a doubt. We dominated on possession, and had Berbatov converted one of his three chances, we'd have walked away with a win.

There are a few consistent underachievers who've held us back in recent years; one is Berbatov, who always seems to do something but never enough to grab a win for us. The other is Anyukov, who seems to hate playing at right back for us. Usually he's just fairly passive, unable to contribute much to the game, but to score an own goal as well?! For a veteran player like him, it's inexcusable.

Both will sit out our upcoming friendly vs Fulham and subsequent match vs Stoke City; thereafter, they'll be given a chance to regain their spot, but after that I won't hesitate to put them up for transfer. We have enough under-performing top-rated players at the club as it is; it's time to reward the players who work hard and get rid of the players who just aren't playing as well as they should.

BigGameMo means business this season. What will that mean for the likes of Berbatov, Menez, Anyukov and others? We'll see as the season unfolds.

dimitar-berbatov-golden-boot-trophy.jpg

Berbatov...back in the day when he didn't suck.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 2-PT 1

Northampton Town lead the third division table after two games with a 4-0 win at home to Ipswich Town.Illarramendi,Lukaku,Ronaldinho and Xhaka were the scorers for the cobblers.

QPR are in second place after a 3-1 win away at Birmingham City.Quaresma gave City the lead but El Arabi levelled the match for Rangers.Ya Konan scored two second half goals for QPR to seal the victory.

Bournemouth are in third position after mauling Leicester City 6-2.City went in front through Inan but the south coast side woke up and Mbokani,Torje,Rossi,Defour and two from Lisandro finished the game.Camara got the other Leicester goal.

Fourth placed side Dagenham drew 0-0 away at Derby County who stand fifth in the league placings.

Peterbourough United are sixth after a 2-0 win away at Chesterfield.A goal in each half from Altidore won the points for United.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 2-PT 2

Southampton beat Plymouth Argyle 3-2.Gourcuff gave the saints a half time lead but Pizarro equalised just after the interval.Abdellaoue scored from the spot to put Southampton back in front but Argyle levelled again through Mamaev.A second from Abdellaoue won the match for the home side.

Sheffield Wednesday were 2-1 winners at home to Swindon Town.The game was goalless at half time but Wednesday went in front with an Arango penalty.Rudnevs made it all square before Elias made it safe for the yorkshire side.

Reading lost 2-0 at home to Tranmere Rovers.Salihovic and Walters were the men on target for Rovers.

Barnsley travelled to Crystal Palace and came away with a 2-0 victory.Kvist and Hamouma won the match for Barnsley.

Hull City won 3-1 at home to Norwich City.Stankovic and a double from Kuranyi were the scorers for Hull with Petersen scoring for Norwich.

stevep.png

Eagles flight stalled by terrific Tykes

kvist.jpg

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC - Barnsley captain William Kvist scored first in his sides 2-0 win over Crystal Palace

Division 3 promotion hopefuls Barnsley got their season up and running on Wednesday night with a well deserved 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park. Thompson's men suffered defeat on the opening day of the season at the hands of Northampton and needed the win to restore some confidence and get some points on the board.

The Tykes took the lead midway just past the half hour mark in the first half thanks to a superb run and finish from Captain William KVIST 0-1. Palace did press in search of an equalizer but with 5 minutes of the game remaining Barnsley wrapped up the points courtesy of Romain HAMOUMA who fired into the top corner from the edge of the box 0-2. FULL TIME.

Barnsley manager Steve Thompson gave his reaction after the game.

"I am delighted to get the 3 points and the performance was certainly a lot better than that from the game against Northampton. We needed something from this game to restore some confidence if nothing else and the lads can be pleased with their work as Palace are a very good side who will be in and around the promotion picture hopefully with ourselves.

William (Kvist) has picked up a slight knock which shouldn't keep him out for too long and really that was the only negative from tonight.

We have a massive derby game away at Sheffield Wednesday next which is sure to be a cracker. We need to ensure we play our game and not the occasion and look to build some momentum going forward"

7046 Setup Awards - Part 2

The Fall from Grace Award

Winner:Man Utd/SOP (7 votes)

Runner-up: Cardiff/Closey (3 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Arsenal/Said7Fabregas, Fulham/Dom Latouche & Southampton/RickJames (2 votes)

Other: Oldham/Totti417 (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1:No previous winners; Season 2: Ditto;

Season 3: Forest/BiggaMemo (10 votes); Season 4: Sunderland/Dave Jones (4 votes);

Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: Middlesbrough/Jooles (6 ½ votes)

santaatwembley.jpg

SOP, in United’s familiar red and white, was stuck in the Christmas Tree formation all

last season, much to United’s detriment. SM felt so sorry for him and his fake success

of the Mickey Mouse trophies that they gave him a domestic trophy for Christmas.

The Choker Award

Winner:Spurs/Newman (8 votes)

Runner-up: Watford/johnjharmen (4 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Arsenal/johnjharmen, Fulham/DomLatouche & Man Utd/SOP (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Seasons 1-5: No previous category; Season 6: Fulham/Dom Latouche (6 votes)

maneuver1.jpg

In event that Newman chokes again:

Step 1: Establish that he is actually choking (highly likely)

Step 2: Stand behind him

Step 3: Wrap your hands around him as if to give a hug (which he probably needs at this point)

Step 4: Make a fist and place it just above his belly button (above, NOT below!)

Step 5: Grab your fist with your other hand and thrust inwards and upwards forcefully (oo-er!)

Step 6: Repeat thrusts until choking stops (likely to be when into the next season)

Step 7: Do not, repeat, do not worry about others thinking differently of your sexual orientation. Yes,

it looks just as you imagine but they will think exactly the same as they did before. Just try not to enjoy yourself TOO much...

Most Entertaining Division

Winner: Division 2 (9 votes)

Joint Runners-Up: Divisions 1 & 3 (8 votes)

Other: Division 4 (2 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1:No previous winners;

Season 2: Ditto; Season 3: Division 2 (16 votes);

Season 4: Division 1 & Division 2 (7 votes); Season 5: No Awards. Season 6: Division 1 (7 votes)

a3mrk6qi5wfkgilq27u4.jpeg

The stepping stone to the top flight. A close race!

Best Tactician

Winner: Jooles/Middlesbrough (9 votes)

Runner-up: sirmarkhughes/Liverpool (2 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Aston Villa/Hancock, Bristol City/KangerooJack09,

Stoke/Reggu Nder, Swindon/Paul Gibson & Walsall/bigtunna (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Seasons 1 to 6: No previous award.

Middlesbrough+Fans

Boro: punching above their weight through a cunning use of tactics

Team Tipped for Next Season

Joint Winners: Gillingham/Burrow27 & Northampton/A2R (3 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Aston Villa/Hancock, Bury/Lenny59, Carlisle/Alurcard, Sunderland/Raz & Swansea/Zakkoo (2 vote)

Other: Fulham/Dom Latouche (1 ½ votes), Accrington Stanley/harmenw84, Barnsley/Steve025,

Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi, Liverpool/sirmarkhughes, Preston/RieceM96 & Rotherham/Machine (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Seasons 1 to 6: No previous award.

_59932634_northamptonvgillinghambbccapture.jpg

With 14 teams tipped for great things this season

you just know it’s going to be a great season :)

ReuYVSY.png

Forum Awards – Part 5

Story of the Season

And finally, what did season 7 all come down too? Well, no really clear winner in the story of the season this time around. Really there was so much going on across all 4 divisions that any number of clubs/managers could have been a worthy winner. Still, with a rather liberal interpretation of the responses (I’ve never had to work with such intricate fractions here before!) we do have a worthy winner, and I’m sure you’ll agree:

Joint Runners-up:

Swansea winning the English Shield and getting promoted, and the return of Longnose to Sheff Utd. (2 votes)

Other:

- “Jooles torchin" everyone to the division 1 title (1 ¾ votes)

- Aston Villa going from near relegation to near play-off spot, and the last-day drama of

Division 4 where the title, promotion, and play-off spots were all still up for grabs (1 vote)

- Arsenal getting relegated (1/2 vote)

- “Spurs throwing away the title – Fulham underachieving – Jooles sex scandal with a walrus – Dom coming out as a transsexual and shortly Man Utd losing yet another European Cup final” (1/4 votes)

- “Exeter staying in the top flight, Ahmad turning Huddersfield into a consistent top 10 side forza huds!, Raz getting promoted, Mo staying up and launching so many penny pinching bids” (1/5 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: The division 2 title race (4 votes);

Season 2: Bury’s back-to-back promotions and the departure from EC7046 of Dave Izod (3 votes each);

Season 3: The Hugh Latimer Saga (6 votes);

Season 4: Latty vs. the 3-5-2/The Hugh Latimer Saga/Longnose’s Latimer saga/Old Latty and his turbulent times (5 votes);

Season 5: No Awards; Season 6: Exeter winning through the playoffs to get to Division 1 (3 ½ votes)

And finally the winner, just like last season another true from rags to riches story…

Story of the Season

Winner:Bury making in into Division 1 (2 9/20 votes)

efc__1310553089_bury-going-up.jpg

Perseverance, it’s all you ever need. Well, that and

hoping no-one figures out how to counter the 5-4-1.

Another great season everyone. Thanks again for taking the time to chip in with your votes and checking out the awards.

Here’s to another enjoyable season and bouncing discussion and MR threads.

Past 7046 set-up awards can be viewed here:

Season 1

Season 2 – part 1

Season 2 – part 2

Season 3 – part 1

Season 3 – part 2

Season 4 – part 1

Season 4 – part 2

No Season 5

Season 6

dHA9MMt.png

7046 Setup Awards

I’m sure you’ll agree the setup awards are probably the most highly anticipated and best of the bunch, pitting managers across every division against each other in a way that’s only possible elsewhere in the English Cup and Shield (and the league I guess, over the course of many many seasons…).

Looking back over the past seven seasons teams from Div 1 have won the cup 4 times (Sunderland, Boro, Wolves & Leeds) and from Div’s 2-4 once each (Man City, Leicester & Bournemouth). In the Shield Div 1 teams have won it 3 times (Man Utd, Huddersfield & Spurs), Div 2 teams 3 times (MK Dons, Coventry & Blackburn) and Div 3 teams once (Swansea). No team has won both the Cup & Shield, yet. In recent seasons though the smaller clubs have been fairing better and better, with division 3 making it a clean sweep last season. Here though, in the setup’s overall awards, the lower leagues have more than held their own season after season, the ultimate mark of respect from their fellow peers for all their hard work. As I’ve said before, they are vital to the well-being of 7046 so keep up the good work ladies and gents!

And what a turnout this season! With nearly half of you voting we clocked up some 410 votes of the 1037 total votes for the overall setup and the forum awards. I appreciate the thanks many of you have sent my way but really the thanks goes to all of you for not only chipping in and making yet another success set of awards, but also for the energy and enthusiasm you give to 7046 season after season. I’m probably not alone in thinking that sadly neither SM nor the forum are what they used to be these days. But despite all of that EC7046 seems to still go from strength to strength, the sole reason I know for a number of you sticking around with SM at all. So really, these awards are a celebration of all that is great with EC7046 (and I guess a little that is not). Thanks to each and every one of you and here’s to a fantastic season 8. Now here are your season 7 winners:

Winner: Middlesbrough/Jooles (16 ½ votes)

Runner-up: Bury/Lenny59 (6 votes)

3rd place: Stoke/Reggu Nder (4 ½ votes)

Other: Barnsley/Steve025, Carlisle/Alurcard, Charlton/Hog0101, Dagenham/wozlives,

Milwall/Craig (?!) & Swansea/Zakkoo (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Plymouth/Predator & West Ham/Infernito (7 votes);

Season 2: Bury/Lenny59 (15 votes); Season 3: Huddersfield/Sirmarkhughes (13 votes);

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (14 ½ votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Carlisle/Alurcard (10 votes)

boro.jpg

Winning with the most votes ever, the good times roll(ed?) at Boro…

Player of the Season

Winner: Roberto Van Persie/Spurs (10 ½ votes)

Runner-up: Odion Ighalo/Colchester (5 ½ votes)

3rd place: Pablo Piatti/Stoke (3 votes)

Other: Remy/Bury & Milito/Boro (2 votes), Rudnevs/Swindon,

Ibrahimovic/Spurs & Schurrle/Carlisle (1 vote), and Kuryani/Hull & Di Natale/MK Dons ½ vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Wayne Rooney – Man Utd (14 votes);

Season 2: Roman Pavlyuchenko – Bristol City (14 votes); Season 3: Emmanuel Adebayor - Carlisle (8 votes)

Season 4: Emmanuel Adebayor - Carlisle (15 votes); Season 5: No Awards but probably would have been Adebayor.

Season 6: Emmanuel Adebayor - Carlisle/Walsall (14 votes)

article-2133540-12B82D69000005DC-280_634x738.jpg

Van Persie, Player of the Year, finally breaking Adebayor’s incredible stranglehold.

Winner: Andre Schurrle/Carlisle (9 votes)

Runners-up: Mateus Kelvin/Accrington Stanley & Erik Lamela/Portsmouth (3 votes)

Other: Neymar/Ipswich, Benteke/Reading, Andre/Rotherham,

Bale/Spurs, Azpilicueta/Stoke & Piatti/Stoke (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Mario Balotelli – Notts Forest (7 votes);

Season 2: Danny Welbeck/Accrington Stanely (16 votes);

Season 3: Krkic Bojan/Sheff Wed (9 votes)

Season 4: Gareth Bale/Spurs & Sercan Yildirim/Hartlepool (7 votes)

Andre-Schurrle-Bayer-Leverkusen_2794460.jpg?20120712112849

A solar powered Schurrle delivers for Carlisle

Winner: Arsenal/Said7Fabregas (17 votes)

Runner-up: Man Utd/SOP (3 votes)

3rd Place: Cardiff/Closey (2 votes)

Other: Fulham/Dom, A2R/Northampton, Sheff Utd/Ernie, Sunderland/Raz & Wycombe (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Manchester City/El Nino (18 votes);

Season 2: Aston Villa/KieranBHA (24 votes); Season 3: Forest/BigGameMo (5 votes)

Season 4: Man City/Predator & Newcastle/David Jones (5 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Man City/Predator (7 votes)

_60056085_wenger2.jpg

Season 7’s Arsenal: this is what neglect looks like…

Winner: Bury/Lenny59 (11 votes)

Runner-up: Middlesbrough/Jooles (8 votes)

3rd Place: Dagenham/wozlives (3 votes)

Other: Exeter/Crawfski (2 votes), Barnsley/Steve025, Charlton/Hog0101 & Stoke/Reggu Nder (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: West Ham/Infernito (15 votes);

Season 2: Bury/Lenny59 (8 votes); Season 3: Huddersfield/Sirmarkhughes (13 votes);

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (11 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Exeter City/Crawski (12 ½ votes)

burym.jpg

Bury’s new home, division 1. But will they have the legs to stay there?

Most Promising New Manager

Winner: Gillingham/Burrow27 (9 votes)

Runners-up: Aston Villa/Hancock, Birmingham/Veigas, Burton Albion/Ashtini & Ipswich/steauaseka (2 votes)

Other: Sheff Utd/Ernie & Stockport/seth.lark (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: no award;

Season 2: Aston Villa/Matty-AVFC and Spurs/jr231990 (8 votes); Season 3: Bristol City/jr231990 (2 votes)

Season 4: West Ham/drseanfitz (11 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Award.

martin-allen-banner.jpg

An artist’s impression of Burrow’s season 8

(team to be added once James finishes building it)

Best Team Rivalry

Winners: Boro vs. Liverpool (7 votes)

Runners Up: Fulham vs. Boro (2 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: The Harmen Brothers, Walsall vs. Swansea, Boro vs. Spurs,

Dom vs. sirmarkhughes, Fulham vs. anyone & Sunderland vs. everyone else (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Category did not exist!;

Season 2: Boro vs. Fulham (15 votes);

Season 3: Chelsea vs. Spurs and Plymouth vs. Sheff Utd. (4 votes);

Season 4: Notts County vs. Stockport (8 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Fulham vs. Man Utd (5 votes)

cb186024b22296e84f480ce4ea7c2c0c_5190425_0_big.jpg

The Liverpool away shirt.

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride…

The Houdini Award

Winner: West Ham/taylor8 (12 votes)

Runner-up: Rochdale/Vill (2 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Birmingham/Viagas, Derby/Racky, Middlesbrough/Jooles & Liverpool/sirmarkhughes (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: No award; Season 2: No award;

Season 3: Doncaster Rovers/CCFC94 (5 votes)

Season 4: Doncaster Rovers/CCFC94 (11 votes); Seasons 5 & 6: No Award.

6a00d83451586c69e2010534ca3db3970b-800wi.jpg

It wasn’t pretty but West Ham achieve one of the greatest escapes ever.

Best Transfer Deal

Winner: Ibrahimovic to MK Dons (6 votes)

Joint Runners-up: Alonso to Liverpool, Rafael & De Sciglio to Sunderland & Van Ginkel to Sunderland (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Xavi to Middlesbrough (6 votes);

Season 2: Emanuel Adebayor to Carlisle and Adam Johnson to Watford (7 votes);

Season 3: Iniesta to Forest (7 votes); Season 4: Rooney to Man City (6 votes)

zlatan_2571966b.jpg

Ibrahimovic’s departure to the Dons coincided remarkably

well with the flames being extinguished at Spurs…

Winner:Sunderland/Raz (9 votes)

Runner-up: Northampton/A2R (5 votes)

Joint 3rd Place: Accrington Stanley/harmanw84, Liverpool/sirmarkhughes, Leyton Orient/Geoffrey & MK Dons/Will (3 ½ votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Middlesbrough/Jooles (9 votes);

Season 2: Carlisle United/Alurcard (12 votes); Season 3: Chelsea/TheDuffman (4 votes);

Season 4: Preston/MUTD (6 votes); Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Carlisle/Alurcard (5 votes)

confused.jpg

A visual representation of one of Raz’s transfer deals…

(the online stalking is omitted to avoid further trauma)

***The Forum Awards are continued below***

Great work Jooles!

Most Promising New Manager

Winner: Gillingham/Burrow27 (9 votes)

Runners-up: Aston Villa/Hancock, Birmingham/Veigas, Burton Albion/Ashtini & Ipswich/steauaseka (2 votes)

Other: Sheff Utd/Ernie & Stockport/seth.lark (1 vote)

Can't believe I got votes - chuffed :)