English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

stevep.png

Vieirinha links up with Tykes

skd8.jpg

NEW HOME - Adelino Vieirinha has put pen to paper on a 2 season contract at Barnsley

Beaten division 3 play off finalist Barnsley are well on their way to preparing for next season with their second signing in as many days. Hot on the heels of Manuel Pasqual is Portuguese international Adelino Vieirinha who signed for the Tykes yesterday even sat on the substitutes bench in their play off final defeat to Tranmere but was unused meaning he will only make his competitive debut next season.

The 27 year old is no stranger to English shores having spent time at no few than 5 other English clubs including Leeds United and Norwich City as well as more recently Birmingham City but starts have been few and far between for the 88 rated attacking midfielder with just 25 spread over 7 seasons something Vieirinha will be hoping to change at Oakwell.

Barnsley manager Steve Thompson had this to say on his latest recruit.

"I am delighted to get Adelino on board. His versatility is something that all clubs at our level need and i can't wait to start working with him. He has spent a fair amount of time in England without ever really getting much game time hopefully here that will change and he can show everybody what he is about"

Vieirinha himself also spoke of his delight at signing for the Tykes.

"I am over the moon to be here. Barnsley are a club that are always fighting at the right end of the table. Since the manager has come in they have got to play off finals every season. Hopefully i can be part of a team that goes one better next season and achieves promotion.

I look forward to playing at Oakwell in front of the great supporters and hope for plenty of happy memories"

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread Promotions and Relegations decider Teams getting promoted to the Premier league from the Championship 1st-Charlton Athle

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread A big thanks to Jooles, Dominic, Predator & Swansea Jack for helpin put this together. Good luck to all clubs

Posted Images

Guest drseanfitz

EC7046 discovers a new hero.

suprhazr_zps81bac893.jpg

Following an incident that cannot be mentioned, teeny tiny Wigan found themselves facing the arch-nemesis of all clubs, bankruptcy.

But just when all hope was lost, in stepped Super Hazr to vanquish evil and save the day with a £6million bid for Romain Danze.

Speaking of the event, Wigan boss Sean said:

"It's amazing to think that we have our very own superhero in EC7046. You see the films and read the comics, but you never expect to find a real life one. "

Another frustrating season for Burnley

burnley-fc-256x256.jpeg

For the second season in a row, the boys at Turf Moor have enjoyed a solid top 6 position in Division 2 of the ultra competitive 7046 league. They got through to the play-off final, but suffered a bitterly disappointing 1-0 defeat to a superior Bolton side at Wembley.

Manager Hazr Poland bought in a few new faces in the off-season, and most of them were great successes in achieving this solid finish. Alexandre Pato came in from Arsenal, and stormed through his first season at Turf Moor with 14 goals and 13 assists, a terrific return. He was signed alongside Fabio Coentrao, who had added another dimension to the Burnley defence this season, who have been more solid than ever at LB, and Stefan Savic came into the side towards the end of the season and the young CB has looked to be a rock next to Jerome Boateng. One transfer that raised eyebrows in Burnley was that of swapping Vela for Gonzalo Castro, but this has seemed to pay off as Castro has become a fans favourite at the Moor. He has been a rock in the heart of the clarets midfield, and has returned 6 goals. Turan, an old Burnley boy, was bought back for a hefty price, but has been great all season, alternating between the wing and the centre of midfield, and has looked great everywhere he has played.

AP-DO-NOT-USE-Fabio-Quagliarella-1447950.jpg

However, it is a Turf Moor legend that deserves all the credit this season. Fabio Quagliarella. Quag has just completed his 8th season on the front line at Burnley, and this season has seen him hit multiple landmarks. Another solid season from the lad has seen him score 10 goals and make 7 assists. He has surpassed 200 appearances, 100 goals and 50 assists in his Burnley career, and this is a feat that is unrivalled in 7046. Quagliarella is a true hero for the fans in Lancashire, and manager Hazr Poland has recently released information that a statue of the great man has been comissioned to be built outside the stadium.

The season will end with two first teamers departing from Burnley. Henrik Mkhitaryan and Jerome Boateng, two massive favourites of manager Hazr Poland are to leave to the dregs of the premier league: Sunderland. In exchange, Antoine Griezmann, Nicolas N'Koulou and Lucas Ocampos will be bought in. This news has shocked the Turf Moor faithful, but Hazr Poland has called for patience.

Antoine and Nicolas are, undoubtedly, fantastic players who will fit straight into the team, and propel us towards division 1 next season. Lucas is another fantastic player, who is one of the brightest talents in world football at this moment in time, and he is a massive coup for us at Burnley. I believe that, in time, this transfer will turn out to be one of the most successful 7046 has ever seen

It has been reported that Burnley are chasing one more attacking player for the coming season, and Hazr Poland is optimisitc of improving his squad massively.

Y5rixva_zpsc2e146a7.png

A decent first season

7fe8d2a9-6574-46fe-963f-e92353a65b71_zps80512bb6.jpg

Everybody would agree that Sunderland had a decent season after their abysimal start with 5 loses out of 5 games.A finish on 6th and was in the battle for the title for some time it is more then enough for the first season.The fans seems incredibly happy with their players and their first season.Exciting times seems to come in Sunderland.The fans are exciting about the new transfers and the manager promiced even more around.There's no surprise in that at all.After the rubbish start,a great run with 1 or 2 loses in around 12 games.It has been a great season for the fans after they lived in every single feeling with their favourite team.Happy after a win,crying after loses,crying after the rubbish start but in the end everything started to be on the right way.A place in Europa League should be a good start in Europe.Without doubt,in the next season the fans and including the manager hope for a top 4 finish and maybe more.The players seems happy after this season,they wanted a bit more and they regret that they couldn't do it under pressure as they had the chance to get even more but at all,the average age in Sunderland is 22.They obviously need experience which they will get from now on in european competitions and also in Premier League games.A great young squad with a great future ahead of them.It seems like the future is waiting for this team to put in some amazing performances.Another thing to talk about,the average of fans on Stadium of Light was about 41k.That's incredible though everybody expected to have a full stadium at every single game,49k but we can't blame it considering the rubbish start.The fans helped the players,they were there and we felt it.We took our energy from them and we managed to come back on the results and make them happy.The highest 4th average in the country its something trully amazing,being above teams like City and so on.We wanna thank to our fans.In the end,its been a decent season like the title said and of course,everybody expects better in future.

Lifting the Shield

sunderlandfansandflags_576x324_zps5ef741b7.jpg

Another reason to celebrate and to make this season even better was the Shield.Sunderland won the shield after a fantastic display in the final against Swansea.Griezmann put in an amazing performance in this competition scoring 6 goals and being the Shield's top scorer.Been an exciting competition with Sunderland beating Burnley,Sheffield Wednesday,Colchester,Dagenham and Carlisle to their road to the final.There was just a 1-0 win in the final which was more then enough anyway.A dominated game from the start till the end against Swansea.It was one of the best nights for Sunderland's fan to see their players and their team lifting a trophy after quite some time.Exciting times around Sunderland with a trophy and a good run in Premier League.The players were thrilled after this final and apparently the manager gave him a free day after this amazing night.Though they proved how devotated they are to their careers and they havent drinked anything bar a few beers.Anyway,ending the season with this Shield is good for Sunderland.Another trophy to the cabinet and another trophy to Raz's reputation in England.

Player of the season

Young player of the season

Reus-I-02.png

Maybe he's not been that good in numbers but they display he has shown on the pitch,the devotation for the team,the love for this team,the love for the fans warrant him this amazing award.A complete player who can be the best in the world in one day.He's up there with all the world class players.Ending the season as the most creative player of the league,netting more key passes per game than any other player.A trully boss on the pitch,dictating the rhytm and the game.Everybody feels his presence and every defence is afraid by him.He has everything to his game,including the fear factor.Yeah,Marco Reus was Player of the season for Sunderland's players and Sunderland's fans.He only scored 8 in this season but he scored in the most important games of the season for us.An amazing display when the team needed him warranted him this award.Le German Meister is excited to take this award and the fact that 100,000 people out of 120,000 voted him as player of the season says it all.Also,out of 50 players 40 voted him as player of the season.Seems like we have a boss in Sunderland even though he isn't the captain on the pitch.A deserved award for Marco who will continue to grow up season after season.Depsite being voted as player of the season,Marco been voted as Young player of the season for Sunderland aswell.World class player at such a young age says it all.We're waiting for him to fullfit his potential,afterwards God knows what he can do on the pitch.Well deserved for Marco!

Breakthrough of the season

bre_wob_solo_arnold_628_zpsc8c978e0.jpg

Breakthrough of the season was Maximilian Arnold without any doubts.Came to Sunderland and started to impress in every single game at U21.Played around 8 games and scored 9 goals.Absolutely astonishing display from the young German lad who wants to become the new Reus from here.Of course,Reus is an idol for the young lad and is ready to learn him everything he knows.Arnold might make the step to the first team in the next season maybe get a few games too.He's ready to do it but he's too young at this moment,anyway this proves his class.At just 19 he's ready and really wants to impress the fans and the manager.Arnold is ready to take the challange and we're exciting to have such an amazing talent in our academy.

Player of the season: Marco Reus

Young player of the season: Marco Reus

Breakthrough of the season: Maximilian Arnold

Best game of the season: 8-0 win against City

Best night of the season: Shield final

TRANMERE PREPARE FOR LIFE IN DIVISION 2!

15048.png

Tranmere Rovers are ready for life in Division 2 after adding three new faces to the squad, winger Christian Atsu was said to be the clubs number one target after an impressive second half of the second on loan at the Merseyside club, the 21 year old scored 7 goals and got 9 assists in 23 starts and five substitute appearances, the winger scored a goal and got the winning penalty aswell as being Man of the match against his parent club Northampton in the play off semi final, he set one of the two goals up in the play off final where we beat Barnsley 2-0, Atsu then went on to sign on a deal worth £6.5M, that was a move what saw Niko Kranjcar leave the club and return to Dynamo Kiev for around £7.5M.

Christian-Atsu.jpg

Wilson Palacios was the other player to leave the club following Niko Kranjcars departure, he joined Atletico Nacional on a deal worth £3.2M which was around £400K more than the club paid for the midfielder, he only played two games for the Merseyside club and one was in the English Cup and the other was in the Shield, the 29 year old never played in a league game.

Tranmere Rovers then strengthened there side by signing Didier Digard from OGC Nice, the new division 2 side paid £4.9M for the Frenchman, this will add a bit of competition for Ryan Shawcross, Robert Huth and Nicolas Pareja at the back.

digard.jpg

Tranmeres latest recruit is 27 year old Matt Jarvis, the winger has played for the superwhites before under a different manager, last time he signed for £8.2M from Dagenham and Redbridge, he then left for Rangers in a swap deal for Steven Davis, his move this time round sees Mauricio Apupalo leave the club with around £5.2M.

Matt-Jarvis-007.jpg

Winger Matt Jarvis has been speaking about his move to Tranmere to the press this morning.

Most will probably think that I am crazy. But Ibra is gone.

In his place we see Teixera, Gouffran and Ramsey. Three players that I really like.

I have needed to shift Ibra for some time, we are leaking money and there is no way we could keep him for another season. Been asking most managers and had negligible offers or no reply on the main. Certainly nothing that grabbed me.

We do lose a massive player up top for us, but he never netted as many as he should to justify his wages and that was it for us. He was brought in to get us promoted and he failed so needed to be cut.

Gouffran will help our depth, I also think that when he gets settled fully he will be able to hit 89+.

Teixera is a player I admire. He is, arguably, Shakhtars best player this season and should certainly hit 90. Should Walcott move up to he will be the main man on the wings.

Ramsey, the main reason for the deal. I love the guy. I loved him last year and could not get him in any setup, but finally I have him. He will get 90, possibly 91. Even 92 if he continues this run of form to the season's end and Arsenal maintain their run of form.

Controversial deal maybe but the ageism on this game is such that if I leave it another season then no one would touch Ibra.

LIVERPOOL

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

48520.jpg

New signing Ghoulam off to Sheffield Wednesday on loan.

Liverpool have tried to bring in cover for our left back slot as we are worried Castan will lose his LB slot, we have Peluso as a secondary but have invested in Massadio Haidara for £5.2 million[external] and Faouzi Ghoulam [Yeovil] at just 20 and 22 year old respectively I am pleased with the pair of signings.

87 rated Algerian Ghoulam is off to Sheffield Wednesday on loan whilst 85 rated Haidara is available for loan.

2958.jpg

Navas is expected to deliver the goods.

Starting their first full seasons for us are first team members David Luiz, Cheick Tiote, Javi Garcia, Borges Willian, Jesus Navas, Sofiane Feghouli & Yura Movsisyan, the pick of the bunch being Navas who I hope can provide double figure assists this season.

We have finished in second,third and fourth place in the Premiership in the last three seasons which is consistent but we really need to be doing a little better, the last two seasons we have been so poor in the first half of the season that we have had to put together a late run to make it to the top four spot.

In the first half of the season I also expect us to qualify through the Champions league group stages, our Champions league group consists of Napoli, Lazio & Sevilla so I doubt that will pose much problems, the domestic cups I don't really care about I will just use that to bleed some youngsters and fringe players, the domestic cups in my opinion are best left to the little clubs as a route to qualify for a European qualification spot.

I have told the players that finishing below our noisy neighbors will not be tolerated, last season was the first time under my reign that we have not finished above Everton, so we will hopefully rectify this and finish above them to put then back in the corner where they belong.

BRISTOL CITY-LIVERPOOL

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Liverpool kicked off their new season away at Bristol City, manager SMH went with a new 4-2-3-1 line-up, Bristol City played the same formation, the game was a bit of a bore to be honest with the formations cancelling each other out, Liverpool controlled the game on possession with 62%/38% margin, shots were pretty even between the sides, Michu put Bristol City ahead on the 71st minute after David Luiz brought down Michu and Cabaye swung in the free kick where Michu met it with a powerful header.

1139.jpg

ROONEY ON TARGET FOR THE REDS

Bristol City's lead was short lived though as Rooney and Willian played a neat one two and Rooney smashed his shot in the net, Liverpool should maybe have capitalized on their 10-1 advantage on the corners but the 1-1 draw was a fair result.

It is not the way I would have liked to start the season but a point away at Bristol is not the worst result, hopefully the lads step up on that performance and get us three points against Blackburn on Wednesday but first up is Napoli in the Champions league.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT 1

Shorpe United started their season with a 3-0 win at home to Southampton.United were two up at the break with goals from Lamah and Boselli.Fernandez added the third with six minutes of the match to go.

Brighton and Hove Albion won 3-0 away at Northampton Town.The game was over in the first half as Albion netted three goals in the first half hour scored by Verdu,Stranzl and Bacca.

Chesterfield edged a high scoring home game 4-3 versus QPR.Chesterfield were twice in front with goals from Britton and Paloschi but Rangers fought back when Boussoufa and El Arabi scored to make it all square at the interval.A San Jose penalty and another from Paloschi in the second half seemed to have put the spireites out of reach but they had a late scare when El Arabi netted his second for Rangers.

Rotherham United travelled to Rochdale and came away with a 3-2 victory.Krohn-Dehli scored an early goal for United but Rochdale were level just before half time when Suarez scored.Rochdale took the lead in the second period with a strike from Clasie but Rotherham weren't to be beaten and won the match with goals from Maicon and Immobile.

Luis Vegas saw his Birmingham City side carry on with the form they had at the end of last season with a 3-2 win at home to Leicester City.Leicester scored first through Joaquin but Birmingham soon equalised with a goal from Johnson.Parker put Birmingham in front on the hour but Leicester were awarded a penalty in the seventy sixth minute which was scored by Deulofeu.With a minute remaining Muller popped up to score for Birmingham to win the three points.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT 2

Ipswich Town got off to a winning start with a 2-1 win at home to Bournemouth.It was a goal in either half from Carroll that won the game for Ipswich with Susaeta getting a consolation for Bournemouth.

Peterborough United drew 4-4 at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers.Wolves were two up at the half time whistle with goals from Dzemaili and Mikel.United got one back through Modeste but further goals from Jelavic and Bendtner looked to have put Wolves out of sight.This wasn't the case though as Peterborough rallied in front of their fans and amazingly got level with strikes from Maggio,Modeste(his second)and Icardi.

Swindon Town were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Plymouth Argyle.Calero had Argyle in front but Sio levelled for Swindon.Kaya put the hosts in front just after the break but Plymouth equalised with fifteen minutes to go with a strike from Fontas.

Stephen Thompson was fuming with his Barnsley team after they only managed a 2-2 draw at home to Dagenham and Redbridge.Obasi shocked the home supporters when he scored to give the visitors the lead.Barnsley perked up in the second half and went in front with goals from Arnautovic and Kvist but Dagenham came back again and got an equaliser when Ruben struck after seventy five minutes.

Reading drew 2-2 at home to Coventry City.Kaka and Kramer scored for Reading with Kerzhakov and Witsel getting on the scoresheet for Coventry.

LIVERPOOL SET TO RECTIFY EARLY SEASON WOES

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Liverpool welcome new boys Blackburn to Anfield tonight, this will be the first encounter we have had with them so that should make for a good game, we are buoyed by a 6-2 win last night against Napoli in the Champs League so confidence will be high amongst the players, we have been notoriously slow starters in the league over the last two seasons and that is something which I have made clear to the players will not be tolerated this season.

FIRST 19 GAMES SEASON 7 = 15 POINTS

SECOND 19 GAMES SEASON 7 = 46 POINTS

FIRST 19 GAMES SEASON 8 = 23 POINTS

SECOND 19 GAMES SEASON 8 = 38 POINTS

As you can see by the above it is like we took a vacation in the first half of last two seasons as the points gains were pitiful, we finished top four in the two seasons, second place [four points behind leader] and fourth place [six points behind leader] respectively.If we are to put in a real challenge at winning the league then we must play for the full thirty-eight games of the season.

To be honest I never knew that our first half of the seasons performances were so weak over the last two seasons until this fact was pointed out to me by club statisticians, I am working hard to make sure we do not suffer the same poor start to this season, whether that will be fruitful or not I am not sure but at least we have had this problem pointed out to us so it is in turn up to the management, players and fans to help rectify this problem.

YNWA.

On a lighter note earlier this week our chairman took a pop at Canadian eccentric Jooles D, he issued a fake transfer bid making a mockery of Jooles £20 million valuation of aging striker Paulo Guuerrero.

Here was the fax of the bid our chairman sent to Middlesbrough :

guerrero_zps3297b847.jpg

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 2-PT 1

Brighton and Hove Albion sit top of the table after a 1-0 win at home to Rochdale.The match looked like it was heading for a scoreless draw until Cohade scored for Albion with a minute left of the game.

Ipswich Town are second after an impressive 2-1 win away at Rotherham United.Rotherham went in at half time leading by a goal to nil scored by Immobile but Ipswich came out and scored two in second period through Lucas and Ibrahimovic to win the match.

Barnsley travelled to Wolverhampton Wanderers and destroyed the home side 6-2 to go into third place in the table.The damage was mainly done by Hamouma who netted a hat trick for Barnsley with Perrin,Arnautovic and Lopez also adding to the tally.Jelavic got both goals for Wanderers who will quickly want to put this result behind them.

Shorpe United are in fourth position after a 2-2 draw away at Leicester City.United stunned the home side by going two in front in the first six minutes both scored by Ekdal but City hit back in the second half with goals from Deulofeu and Joaquin to make it all square.

Coventry City stand in fifth place with a 4-2 win at home to Swindon Town.Sow got a hat trick for City with Fernando also netting a penalty.Rodriguez and Insigne were on target for Swindon.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 2-PT 2

Chesterfield are sixth in the table after a 3-3 draw away at Dagenham and Redbridge.The Spireites were twice in front in the first half with goals from Johnson and a penalty from San Jose but the daggers hit back with goals of their own from Kone and Ruben.Dagenham took the lead in the second half when Ruben netted his second of the game but Koo levelled it up with just over ten minutes to go.

Plymouth Argyle had a 2-1 win at home to Peterborough United.All the goals were scored in an incredible opening six minutes of the match.Drogba gave Argyle a first minute lead only for Dyer to equalise in the fifth minute for United.Straight from the restart Silvio scored what proved to be the winning goal for Plymouth.

QPR were 1-0 victors at home to Birmingham City.Ya konan got the winner for Rangers after thirteen minutes of the match.

Southampton beat Northampton Town 1-0 at St Marys.Wood scored for the saints to give them three points.

AFC Bournemouth drew 1-1 at home to Reading.The royals had the lead at the interval with a goal from Duarte but a goal after seventy minutes from Ideye for Bournemouth meant the spoils were shared on the day.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 3-PT 3

A Boselli hat trick helped Shorpe United go top of the table after a 5-3 win away at Birmingham City.Ekdal and Sosa got the other goals for United.Eremenko,Cerci and Johnson scored for Birmingham.

Coventry City moved up to second with a 3-2 win at home to Ipswich Town who slip to fourth place.Fanni had given the visitors the lead but Kerzhakov grabbed a hat trick for City to win the game.Carroll struck Ipswich's second.

Brighton and Hove Albion are down to third after a 1-0 defeat at home to Southampton who move up to sixth.Papadopoulos got the winner after eighty three minutes.

QPR won 1-0 at home to Barnsley to go into fifth position in the early stages.Mcgeady was the goalscorer for Rangers.

Leicester City were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Chesterfield.City had the advantage at half time after Deulofeu scored but the spireites drew level with a goal from Rojo.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 3-PT 2

Plymouth Argyle lost 1-0 at home to Reading.Garcia got the vital goal fro Reading when he scored after sixteen minutes.

Rotherham United drew 3-3 at home to Northampton Town.Belhanda put Northampton in front before Lukaku added a second to make it 2-0 at half time.Popov got one back for United but Lukaku scored his second to restore the two goal lead for the visitors.Rotherham seemed to get a second wind and two goals in four minutes from Plasil and Mendes made it all square.

Dagenham and Redbridge were beaten 2-1 at home by Peterborough United.Pocognoli got United off to a great start when he scored in the first minute.Torres added a second for the visitors before Ruben got one back a minute before the interval to complete the scoring.

Bournemouth lost 4-2 at home to Rochdale.Taison an Kucka netted for Rochdale in the opening twenty minutes but Bournemouth got back in the game when Dzsudzsak scored.Toloi got a third for Rochdale but Bournemouth kept on battling and scored again through Susaeta.Ramirez sealed the victory for Rochdale when he scored with twenty minutes to go.

Wolverhampton Wanderers drew 2-2 at home to Swindon Town.Dzemaili and Joseph-Monrose were on target for Wanderers with Rudnevs netting a brace for Swindon.

LIVERPOOL BAG FIRST 3 POINTS

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Liverpool line up against Notts Forest

Neuer

Zuniga-De Rossi-Silva-Bonucci-Castan

Willian-Alonso[C]-Ribery

Rooney-Gomez

1139.jpg

ROONEY BAGS A BRACE

After a defeat and a draw in the opening two games Liverpool were desperate to get a win on the board especially in front of our home fans.

We started well with Zuniga, Ribery and Rooney scoring to make it 3-0 in the first half an hour. Rooney added another just after half time and Liverpool were on easy street, Liverpool took their foot off the gas and Forest hit back with two goals.

The result was pleasing as it was our first win of the season, there were also plenty of positives to take from the match such as our dominance of possession 59%-41% and also the fact we had fifteen shots on target from twenty-nine, we also had ten corners so all in all a good day, next up we have Napoli in the Champions League and then a visit to White Hart Lane.

ROONEY SPARKLES

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Following on from their 6-2 thrashing of Napoli, Liverpool brushed aside Lazio with a 4-0 win, that man Rooney bagging a hat-rick to take his season tally to seven goals already, he has four in the Champions League and three in the league, Xabi Alonso bagged the other for his second goal in the competition.

1139.jpg

ROONEY'S HAT-TRICK TAKES HIS SEASON TALLY TO SEVEN

Liverpool have scored eighteen goals through the first five games, two Champions League games and three league games, I am very pleased with the amount of goals we are scoring hopefully we can take that into tomorrow's game against Tottenham, we played them four times last season with three draws and a defeat, one of the draws and the defeat were in the two legged Champions League semi-final, it would be nice to get some revenge on them for knocking us out and with Rooney is such sparkling form hopefully we can slay them tomorrow.

SPURS-LIVERPOOL AGAIN

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Spurs v Liverpool is a fixture that we have saw a lot of recently with today's game being the ninth time the sides have faced each other this year.

6 Feb, 2013 League Liverpool 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

9 Apr, 2013 SMFA Cup Round 1 Leg 1 Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 2 Liverpool

13 Apr, 2013 League Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 2 Liverpool

16 Apr, 2013 SMFA Cup Round 1 Leg 2 Liverpool 4 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur

3 Jul, 2013 League Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 1 Liverpool

7 Sep, 2013 League Liverpool 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur

1 Oct, 2013 SMFA Cup Semi Final Leg 1 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Liverpool

8 Oct, 2013 SMFA Cup Semi Final Leg 2 Liverpool 2 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur

As you can see from the eight previous games before tonight Liverpool have the upper hand as Spurs have only won the one solitary game from the eight matches but boy was that an important one as it was enough to send the Spurs into the Champions League final, a final that they won I may add, that shows they have quality.

Tonight's game was a cracker, thrilling with goals aplenty, rash challenges, four yellows cards and a red, what more can you ask for?

entrance.jpg?n=3045

Spurs lined up in a 4-2-3-1 with Valencia and Bale the predominant advancing wingers, Liverpool lined up in a 5-3-2 with in-form striker Rooney as the target man.

A crowd of 36,291 filled White Hart Lane for the eagerly anticipated clash of two of 7046's 'Big Clubs.'

The drama started from the outset when in the first minute Gomez brings down a ball and squares it on to the forward running left back Castan who takes the ball into the box and rolls it past an off-balance Joe Hart, two minutes later Zuniga picks up the ball on the edge of the Spurs penalty box and lays it off to the predatory Gomez who strikes the ball into the net off the despairing Joe Harts legs, the Liverpool away fans are delirious!

Spurs two-nil down after a few minutes you wouldn't have held it against them if their heads went down but they plugged away with Bale the main threat setting up a few chances for Soldado but he could not find a way past the monster that is Neuer, Jordi Alba seemed to be getting annoyed by some of the decisions that were going Liverpool's way and just before half time he found himself in the referees notebook for shouting abuse at the official questioning his decisions.

9586.jpg

CASTAN ON THE BALL

Half Time 2-0 Liverpool.

David Luiz takes a sore one in the ankle from Soldado who for some reason avoids a yellow card, Luiz looks injured but tries to run it off, a few minutes later Luiz tries to tackle Soldado, maybe in retribution, but misses the ball and takes the player down, a free kick just outside the box is awarded, Bale flights in a tempting cross which Valencia headers past the stranded Neuer, the Spurs players think they may have a chance to get back in this.

Spurs are the dominant force and just on the half hour mark Soldado strikes a ferocious shot but Neuer somehow manages to get his fingertips to it and turn it round the post, the weary Luiz is being taunted by Soldado as he tries to trick his way past, Luiz puts in a strong challenge and is duly yellow carded, SMH has had enough and substitutes Luiz for Pepe fearing that Luiz may be injured or get himself sent off.

35895.jpg

ALBA GETS HIS MARCHING ORDERS

Just after the hour mark Jordi Alba slays the forward running Alonso and the referee has no choice but to yellow card him again which means an early bath for Alba.

Tempers flared as the game got a bit nasty, Rami seems to have pulled his groin but manager Newman leaves him on, minutes later substitute Feghouli slides an accurate pass to Castan who finds himself in lots of space and he cheekily nutmegs Joe Hart for Liverpool's third goal, The Liverpool fans taunt ex-Pool Goalie Hart with cries of 'Liverpool Reject' and 'Megs'.

13524.jpg

BALE WITH TWO ASSISTS

Ten Man Spurs still tried to have a go and the same pairing that produced the first Spurs goal were successful again as Bale ripped down the wing and put in a delightful cross, Valencia picks up the ball takes it past Pepe and slides it into the net, 3-2 Liverpool what a game, Gomez should have wrapped the game up for Liverpool when Navas slipped him through but his shot wasn't good enough to beat Joe Hart.

Another cracker of a game between the sides but Liverpool leave White Hart Lane happily enough to have eased a little of the pain of that Champions League semi final defeat and of course with the three points firmly in the bag.

What can I say, the game had a little bit of everything, credit where it is due to Spurs for making a game of it with ten men, we are happy to take the three points from this and move ourselves up the table a bit, David Luiz looks like he has went over on his ankle, just a sprain though so will only be out for two weeks.

LIVERPOOL SIGN THE MESSIAH

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

37a4fb0d-ba93-4f24-8585-867552c0aab2.jpg

THE MESSIAH JOINS UP AT ANFIELD

With our obvious lack of strikers we have made the acquisition of Georgios Samaras to fill the third striker role, he is blessed with an abundance of pace and has a keen eye for goal, he has bags full of experience as he has played in some high profile games.I think he will be an instant hit on the terraces of Anfield.

23976.jpg

RAMOS IS A RED

In addition to Samaras we have took a gamble on Colombian Adrian Ramos, he is doing decent at Hertha Berlin in real life Bundesliga with five goals, he also has the bonus of playing on either wing alongside his Anywhere across the front, he is being signed as a squad player but will probably go out on loan and only be recalled if needed.

I am glad to bring in another couple of strikers as with Movsisyan out on loan we only have Gomez and Rooney, hopefully our main pair can stay injury free but Samaras and Ramos are there if need be to fill in if injuries do occur and also in the SMFA Champs league, domestic cup and shield.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 4-PT 1

Brighton and Hove Albion went top of the table with a 1-0 win away at Shorpe United who drop to second.Routledge got the crucial goal when he netted after sixty five minutes.

Peterborough United are up to third place after a 3-2 win at home to QPR.Rangers were ahead when Lombaerts scored and when El Arabi added a second just before half time it looked like it was going to be a good away day for the londoners.United were a different side after the break and goals from Maggio,Icardi and Pocognoli turned the match on it's head as the home side stormed in front to claim all three points.

Coventry City are down to fourth after a 2-0 defeat away at Rochdale.The game was over in the first half as Suarez and Ramirez had the home side two up in the first half hour.

Ipswich Town slip to fifth with a 1-1 draw at home to Plymouth Argyle.Matuidi had the home side in front at the interval but a goal from Drogba in the second half levelled things up.

Southampton stay sixth after being held 1-1 at home by Rotherham United.Fernandes opened the scoring when he netted for the saints but United equalised with a goal from Immobile.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 4-PT 2

Chesterfield suffered a 3-2 defeat at home by Birmingham City.Paloschi got a double for Chesterfield but it wasn't enough as City scored through Johnson,Cerci and Dezus.

Swindon Town had a comfortable 4-1 win at home to Dagenham and Redbridge.The daggers scored first with a goal from Ruben but it was all downhill from there as Swindon took control and won the match with goals from Rodriguez,Rudnevs and a brace from Insigne.

Leicester City travelled to Barnsley and came away with all three points as they won 1-0.Guerrero got the winner for the foxes with ten minutes of the match to play.

Reading were beaten 3-2 at home by Wolverhampton Wanderers.Wolves were two in front at half time with goals from El Shaarawy and M'Bia.Reading hit back after the break and were level when Berisha and Taylor scored but with six minutes to go Kaboul popped up to score the winner for Wolves.

Northampton Town won 2-1 at home to AFC Bournemouth.Lukaku and Bony scored for the cobblers with Giroud getting the consolation for Bournemouth.

SMH ON PREMIER RIVALS

mark-hughes_1546703c.jpg

Disclaimer: SMH's views may offend

So SMH you have finished in the top four for the last three seasons, are you finally going to win that title?

Well looking at this seasons crop of rivals I don't see why not.

How about you give us a one line thought on each of the teams in the division?

Nottingham Forest ~Mo has built his team like a sandcastle, it may look solid but the tide is coming in.

Everton-Current Champions are not a good advert for the top division.

West Brom-Decent division two team to be honest.

Man United-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Carlisle-Manager is an Artist, as only an artist could draw as much as Carlisle do.

Charlton-Has more Frenchmen in his team than real life Newcastle and we all know how that turns out.

Blackburn-New boys just look like they will be popping in for a short visit this season.

Sunderland-Lots of decent signings, if only one of them were a new manager then there could be hope.

Exeter-Remind me of the crazy gang of old skool Wimbledon, not a lot of talent but plenty of heart.

Stoke-A one man team and he is aging like SAF.

Bristol City-Premiership mix, might better last seasons finish by a place or two.

Leeds -I can't see where the goals are going to come from this season, which means trouble.

Middlesboro-Has beens whose title aspirations will disappear like Tommy Cooper once said 'Just like that'.

Bolton-Our resident racist has Niang shaking in his boots at training sessions.

Rottenham-If the season lasted for 30 games then Spurs would be successful.

Fulham-Should be capable of challenging for an SMFA Shield spot

Chelsea-Just like Arsene Wenger, promises so much but fails to deliver.

Bury-Must be on steroids

Arsenal-I can see them doing well for the first half of the season then they will fade like a dodgy Armani T-Shirt.

LIVERPOOL AT THE BRIDGE

This+Is+Anfield.jpg

Liverpool took on Chelsea away at the Bridge, Under David's reign we have yet to win there having lost 3-1 and drew 1-1, so I wasn't too confident going into it.

We have been toying about with our formation trying to iron out the conceding of goals as we have been letting in a few, I want to keep the tactics as we score a lot of goals in that set-up it is just down to tinkling the additional side-tactics.

Anyway back to the game, we started well with Gomez setting up Rooney for a 14th minute goal but straight from the kick-off the ball is laid back to Chellini who then finds Falcao with a 60 yard ball who slots the ball past Neuer, well that lead lasted long.

HT~1-1

19.jpg

FABREGAS WITH A SUPERB FREE-KICK

The second half didn't start so well with De Rossi fouling David Silva 5 yards outside the box, Fabregas hit a sweet outside of the foot shot past Neuer to make it 2-1 Chelsea, We battled to get back in to this but couldn't find a way past Cech, on came Adrian Ramos for his debut for the last 15 minutes.

23976.jpg

RAMOS WITH A LATE POINT SAVING GOAL ON HIS DEBUT

A couple of chances created by Feghouli but Pepe and Castan are denied, with just minutes to go Zuniga makes a run from deep and crosses the ball to the back post where Adrian Ramos met it with his head and dinked it past the despairing Cech, an even game that ends in a 2-2.

What can I say? We have been awesome in attack scoring twelve goals in the first five games which along with Arsenal is the top scored in the division but at the back something is amiss as we have conceded eleven, which to me is just unacceptable, we had the meanest defense in the league last season conceding just thirty-six goals in thirty-eight games, we are working on getting back to that so I ask the fans to bear with us as we will resolve this in time.