TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

Return to management for Burrow at Pilgrims

Plymouth Argyle have named James Burrow as their new manager, signing a two year contract.

The Pilgrims, who sit 11th in Division Three, parted company with manager Harry Osbourne after a year in charge with reports surfacing of financial difficulties at Home Park. Chairman James Brent has turned to the experienced face of former Gillingham boss James Burrow, who has been out of the game since resigning from the Gills, citing 'irreconcible differences' between himself and the chairman.

We understand that the new manager has been given no money to add to his squad, and that any spending money will have to be earned from player sales. High earners on the Plymouth book are Ivorian striker Didier Drogba, former _ Claudio Pizarro, and Spanish u21 star Sergi Roberto. We spoke with the new manager ahead of his first training session today:

"It's good to be back in the game. I've missed the day-to-day action of football management, and at Plymouth I feel as if I have a similar challenge as I did at Gillingham, which I think I succeeded at. Times are hard at Plymouth, attendances are falling and players are struggling to be paid, but given time, I'm positive that this great club will be back in the upper leagues. Rome wasn't built in a day!"

Since Burrow's arrival at Home Park, the club have been heavily linked with Gillingham striker David Nugent, who scored 14 goals in 35 games for the club, and was one of Burrow's first signings at Gillingham. Jay Rodriguez has already left the club, with a fee of £7.5m agreed with Wycombe Wanderers with Welsh international Jonathan Williams moving in the opposite direction. Matthew Briggs and Vito Mannone have also been linked with moves to Plymouth, while we understand Plymouth failed in a bid for Jake Livermore, who joined West Ham for an undisclosed fee.

arsenal-fc-arsenal-logo-00dd08f8808e4c7827f6a13882d1c4dc.jpeg

Arsenal Sign Young Manager!

The news was broke first on SM Daytime but today is the first chance for Arsenal fans to wake up and check out there new young manager Mattuie Beckett. The 21 year old ex Wycombe Wanderers manager who had a spell of 129 games with the League Two side has signed a two year deal with the EPL power house with the option at the end of that spell to extend that stay but at least another two years, the young coach who has won 75 cups in his time as a manager 26 of them being League Tittles has said this is a dream come true, the London born coach has said he can not wait for his first league game in charge and is hoping to start where the last manager left off. Over managers have already came out saying they think this was the wrong signing for the Gunners but fans of the club have said they can not wait to see the coach in action this season, and hopes he can keep the push for the league tittle going. New coach Beckett last night posted this on the Arsenal clubs website:

I am happy to be a big part of sutch a well known club, Arsenal have a great fan bace and I would like to prove my self at the best lev posible. Arsenal fans be ready for a big impact.

14741.jpg38147.jpg17346.jpg

Three Big Names Join Beckett In Move!

FREDRICKS IS A COBBLER

A player I've admired since seeing snippets of him on TV has come to Northampton from Blackpool

51768.jpgRyan Fredericks, 21 rated 77

Ryan Fredericks, once a fleet footed player for Spurs (IRL) can play anywhere up and down the right flank.

He looks even quicker than Kyle Walker or Andros Townsend and I think I've just picked up a future international player.

Paid £1.5m - 3 x CV - but worth every penny.

Also got young Sheff Utd (and Italian youth international) Diego de Girolamo from Notts County for just £70k above CV - so very pleased with that

7046LIVERPOOL_zpsa5c01bb5.jpg

MID-SEASON CRISIS AT LIVERPOOL?

4d4155cfa8505.jpg

Liverpool have gad a hard week with five games in the last seven days, the week started well with a 2-0 win against Fulham followed two days later by a 4-2 win against Leeds but a 4-3 defeat in the English shield semi-final followed by a 2-2 draw at home in the first leg of the Champions League knockouts against Exeter was starting to turn the week sour, we had Bury in our fifth game of the week but even after a first minute goal we could not prevent a 3-2 defeat to a team we easily beat 8-1 in the reverse fixture, have Liverpool started to crumble?

We will know the answer to that soon enough as with just ten games to go the lead at the top of the league has been cut but we are still four points clear thanks to our closest rivals stumbling and with the second leg of the Champions League knockout game against Exeter hanging by a thread, the jury is still out!.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 28-PT 1

Peterborough United still lead the way in Division three and won 2-1 at Shorpe United in their latest match.Soriano and Pelle were the goalscorers for the posh with Boselli netting for Shorpe.

Second placed Brighton and Hove Albion won 2-0 at home to struggling Wolverhampton Wanderers who stay in nineteenth place.Two second half goals from Finnbogason won the match for Brighton.

Rotherham United are up to third with a 2-1 win at home to Plymouth Argyle.Immobile got a first half double for the millers with Pizarro getting one back for the pilgrims after seventy four minutes.

Barnsley's recent good run continued as they moved up to fourth in the table with a 2-1 win away at Swindon Town who drop to fifth.Lisandro and Vierinha put the tykes two up before Cattermole scored a consolation goal for the robins.

Ipswich Town were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Birmingham City and drop to sixth place.Balotelli was on target for Ipswich with Noble equalising for City.

DIVISION THREE REVIEW-MATCHDAY 28-PT 2

A quickfire double from Kerzhakov gave Coventry an early two goal lead in their match at Bournemouth but they couldn't hold on and succumbed to a 4-2 defeat.Giroud bagged a hat trick for the cherries as they fought back from the deficit with Ideye also getting his name on the scoresheet.

Rochdale gave their survival hopes a boost with a 2-1 win at home to Leicester city and stay eighteenth.Destro scored twice for Rochdale with Inan scoring for City.

Reading were beaten 3-2 at home by Chesterfield.Britton, Ekici and a San Jose penalty did the damage for the spireites.Benteke got both for Reading.

Northampton Town drew 1-1 at home to QPR.Paulinho was the goalscorer for the cobblers with Lombaerts getting the rangers goal.

Southampton fought back from a goal down to draw 1-1 at home to basement club Dagenham and Redbridge.Martins had given the daggers an early lead but Gourcuff levelled things up after the interval.

daily_mail_logo.jpg

LATIMER LIVES !!!!!

e323105ff14ba4028d39bf4386c79fa2_normal.jpegA stunned Cat Stevens Writes...At a packed Bramall lane conference room this morning, hordes of shocked reporters were left open mouthed at possibly the most extraordinary press conference in EC7046 history. When after months of speculation Sheffield United boss Ernest Borgnine finally took of his mask to reveal himself as none other than the footballing cleric and clearly no longer deceased leader of the Godly against soccer heresy movement (G.A.S.H.)Hugh Latimer. Few could have predicted the extraordinary events that were to unfold as the gathered gentlemen (?) of the press quietly waited for what promised to be a rare but uneventful press briefing from reclusive Sheffield United boss Ernest Borgnine.

The silence was broken when in a fanfare of trumpets the Sheffield man arrived resplendently disguised as Queen Elizabeth I of England. That was all to change when within minutes of her majesty regally rearranging her royal personage upon the makeshift press room throne, her highness slowly and silently removed her crown. With the confused press pack looking on, a lady in waiting began to wipe off layer upon layer of alabaster coloured lead make-up from the ginger bonced monarch’s delicate face. As the toxic muck was slowly scrapped off, the trade mark grey goatee beard and chiselled good looks of Latimer began to emerge. With the make-up finally removed, the lady waiting took off the virgin Queens ermine cloak and unbuttoned her highness’s painfully tight whalebone and silk bodice with flowing skirts, before letting them fall to the ground to reveal a familiar looking sack cloth cloak.As the hacks sat open mouthed at the strange apparition in front of them, a startled voice at the back of the room cried '' The Lord be praised... Its Latimer !!’’.

hughlatimer-unknownartist-445.jpg

A reborn Hugh Latimer

With the subterfuge nearly over, the transformation was complete as her ever so high Royalness tugged at her curly carrot coloured wig to reveal the closely shaven head of Latimer. Exchanging his ceremonial orb and sceptre for his trade mark soccer coaching Bible, Latimer donned his humble Tudor bonnet and with the flick of a knurly hand dismissed the royal entourage of ladies in waiting, Pikemen, fools and greyhounds. Holding his Bible aloft to silence the stunned journo’s spontaneous cries of Hallelujah, Latimer sat back on the throne and boomed...

Yes....it is I Hugh Latimer. After taking the guise of Ernest Borgnine I have returned from the afterlife and come to you on a mission from on high. In my time outside my mortal coil I have looked down from the heavens and tasted the Lords tears as once more the canker of sinful heresy has infested this league. Let me tell you Brothers, of the Lords bitter despondence when he casts his merciful gaze upon this his kingdom on Earth, and the sorrow and sadness he feels at how easily many have been swayed from his righteous path to salvation. And verily let me tell you of his rage at those who once more suckle from the hairy bosom of the beast as they purger their tainted souls with their foul adoption of his blasphemous formation.. Heed my words Brothers and Sisters the Lords vengeance is nigh as the sins of you his children have once more encouraged the rise of the cloven hoofed winged one from his 4th division pit of putridness that was Stockport, to the very heights of the top division.

Repent or be damned to an eternity of hell fire !!, turn thy back on the devils formation or prepared to be probed by the flaming member of Satan’s wickedness !!, and throw thyself to thy miserable knees in worship of the Lord of soccer purity and beg his forgiveness as you seek his guidance on the road to soccer salvation. Now go forth filthy sinners and await his command..

With much of the press rooms on their knees the fiery Latimer rose to his feet and with a last scornful look at the stunned faces that surrounded him left in direction of the Sheffield United training ground. News of Latimers impromptu return from bowels of a great white shark sparked joyous scenes of celebration from the hardcore elements of the faith based football community and within hours G.A.S.H spokesman Herbert Cumquat released this ominous statement on the movements website...

This is truly a miracle and just the wake up call the movement needed. All this soccer secularism has been a disaster for the game and I for one am delighted the Lord has once more granted us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Whilst we have much work to do brother Hugh has been sent to guide us on our path and I for one am looking forward to sorting outing the stinking degenerates that have dragged the Lords game through the mud. They know who they are and as God is my witness we at G.A.S.H are both willing and able dispensers of the Almighty's justice and retribution...Amen

12.11.10_hindustantimes_logo.jpg

HARMANS LABELLED THE SIBLINGS OF SIN !!

NWS_2014-01-31_OPI_014_30491256_I4.JPGLuke Kelly Writes...In a return to the dark days of soccer spiritual conflict, Footballing cleric Hugh '' born again, again'' Latimer today pointed an accusing finger of heresy at the Harman brothers labeling the trio the ''siblings of sin'' as he closed a land mark sermon from Sheffield cathedral. The brothers Tony, Wayne and Josh have enjoyed a growing reputation at their respective clubs Walsall, Acrington Stanley and Bournemouth with both Walsall and Stanley poised to figure strongly in the end of season promotion drive. Nevertheless despite enjoying the respect of their peers Latimer is in no doubt that the real reason behind their success lies not in their collective managerial talent but within a supernatural pact with the devil. Preaching just hours after his return to the land of the living, Latimer has clearly lost none of his former fervor as he entoned....

Dear Lord...

... hear the cry of us lowly sinners as we beseech you to take pity on our self inflicted inadequacies and hear our joyful thanks for the deserved misery of flood, famine and fatigue that you have so generously placed upon us as due punishment for the foul crimes we so carelessly commit against your celestial magnificence.

As we accept your ever-loving spite, we prayerfully ask that you cast your mighty sword of retribution upon those debased sloths the Harman brothers. Hear our faithful cries Lord, that you will act upon the heinous ones for their weekly heresy of deploying the devils formation in all its diseased effrontery. Show these shameless gargoyles, these siblings of sin, these servants of Beelzebub the endless bounds of your loving malevolence by robbing them of the three points they all so shamelessly crave. Teach these undeserving sinners that the true path to soccer salvation is not through oiled fortification ,bat wings, incantations and the craven folly of the despicable 3-5-2 formation but by the strict obedience of the chosen formations as so laid down in your holy teachings....

ohio_bomb_plot.jpg

Tony,Wayne and Josh Harman

.....Act now Lord to end Walsall's sinful rise to the top of division two, strike down the dreadful Drogba for the rest of the season and reward the pure thoughts of our brothers at Derby with a 2-0 home win. Clearly Lord you too have seen Accrington Stanley's insidious climb into the fourth division play-off spots so we respectfully await in fearful expectation your revenge as you once more cast them back into the pit of blasphemy their wickedness so richly deserves with a wasted journey to the believers of Sheffield Wednesday. And verily we beseech you to continue your punishment of Bournemouth as they prepare to endure their inevitable demise as they plunge into the pit of despair which is the fourth division. Lord hear our prayer as we implore you to reward the faithfulness of James Burrow with a fine 3-0 win in his first game back in charge of the aptly named Pilgrims.

And finally Lord , we ask you to favourably look down upon us here at Sheffield United as we pitifully ask you to spare us anymore injuries or unjust suspensions. Whilst we joyfully accept your will, we ask you for the gift of three vital points in our game against the blasphemous Notts county. Truly Lord they, like the heretical Harmans have mocked you with the use of foul pentangle and so justly deserve to endure your loving wraith in a game we your loyal believers desperately need to win if we are to continue your righteous crusade in the top division....Amen.

d3

LEICESTER 1 NORTHAMPTON 0

Northampton stay perilously close to the relegation zone with this disappointing defeat.

A second half goal from Foxes' Mike Bradley sunk a Northampton side that was previously unbeaten under their new manager.

Northampton had 27 shots without scoring, highlighting a desperate need to sign an extra striker to support the two main forwards Bony and Rossi.

Survival is vital for a club on home gates of just 6,000 as relegation to Div 4 would herald a financial crisis.

Very nice to see Ibra and Defoe coming together nicely to both be in TOTD.

The partnership that the two are building will be crucial in our season.

We are one point off of the play offs, with 9 to play and a decent GD. When spoken to earlier Defoe had this to say:

I have spoken to the gaffer and know how proud he is of my 19 goals this season. Bringing in Ibra has really helped me, the big guy knocks it down and I put it in.

We are all very confident this year. Looking at the games coming up we feel that we can get 17 points. A few draws and a couple of losses may come about in the 9 games but we think 17 points is fair enough looking at the oppo we have.

That would give us 61 points. Hopefully enough, but it is down to the teams around us to win all their games and getting more points than we do. Get a couple lucky breaks and I think we could get 20 or 21 out of the 27 available,then who knows.

If I can get up to 25 for the season then I think we will get into the play offs,so it is on me to pay back the faith the gaffer has in me. Gotta try and keep Osvaldo out of my spot.

Jermain-Defoe-001.jpg

A confident Defoe.

Plymouth near safety after emphatic victory over Bournemouth

New Plymouth manager got off to the best possible start in front of the Home Park crowd as they came from a goal down to thrash AFC Bournemouth 4-1 on Saturday night.

Peruvian international Claudio Pizarro scored a brace in what could be his last ever game for the Pilgrims (more on that later) with Scottish pair Rob Snodgrass and Scott Arfield adding to the tally, with Arfield scoring on debut. Olivier Giroud gave Bournemouth the lead after half an hour, but were unable to keep their lead as they stray just a point above the drop zone. Plymouth gave debuts to four players, with goalscorer Arfield joined by Chris Gunter, Matty James, and Jon Flanagan.

After the match, we spoke to the new Pilgrims manager:

"What a way to start my time here! When that goal of Giroud's went in my heart sank as I we had the upperhand in the first half an hour, but credit to the guys for bouncing back almost immediately. Some hadn't even trained together prior to the game.

Claudio is a model professional. Ahead of the game we accepted a bid from Bayern and gave him the opportunity to travel to Germany tonight to discuss personal terms, but he insisted on playing, and took his goals very well. These players haven't always been paid on time so were within their rights to refuse to play, but they are better than that, and that team spirit is what pulled us through tonight. Victory away at Coventry should, and I repeat, should see us safe."

Should Pizarro indeed leave Home Park, the goalscoring duties look to have been handed to 20 year old striker Patrick Bamford, who signed today in a deal which saw Spanish u21 midfielder Sergi Roberto join Fulham. The former Chelsea striker has yet to make an appearance in the Football League, but is destined for the top after some good performances for England's u19s. Plymouth also completed the signing of Cyrus Christie from Fulham for an undisclosed fee, and Gambian winger Mustapha Carayol on a free transfer.

header-logo.png

UUUUULLLLLLLAAAAAAAAA

County clobbered by Blades Tripods

Coverphoto_normal.jpgRichard Burton Writes....After a patchy run of form saw the Blades dropping out of the play-off spots for the first time since the Autumn,Sheffield United picked up a vital way win last night as recently reborn Soccer cleric Hugh '' but still they came '' Latimer shuffled the Blades pack by reverting to the feared ( 3-4-1-2) tripod formation he used to such indifferent effect in his time at Shorpe.

In an entertaining match United drew first blood when after barely 5 minutes fit again front man Burak Yilmaz, marked his return with a perfectly struck free kick that flew past County keeper following a heavy challenge by Guedes Marcello. Within 5 minutes the Blades hit their second as once more Yilmaz confounded the Co back four laying off a perfectly timed square ball to the on rushing Podolski who blasted past the hapless Moya. Despite the early set backs, County rallied strongly. Coming close with a Fred header on 12 minutes and on the half hour mark a long range effort by Rusmus Elm competently pushed wide by keeper Guaita. With United buckling in the face of mounting County pressure it came as no surprise that the hosts got their just reward five minutes before the half time break as the lively Fred picked up his 8th of the season after a powerful shot narrowly beat the despairing Guaita in the Blades goal.

Sadly for the home supporters any optimism of a second half fight back lasted barely 3 minutes as Yilmaz completed a fine brace when in a near carbon copy of his opener he fired a well placed free kick past Moya after another clumsy challenge by Marcello. With the sting largely taken out of the hosts tail, United settled into a comfortable pattern of containment and despite spirited efforts by County rarely looked in any danger of relinquishing their grip on the game. The victory sees them climb back into sixth spot, 6 points behind second placed Swansea, but crucially just one ahead of 7th placed MK Dons. Speaking after the game , German man of the match Lukas Podolski could barely contain his delight at the result and Latimers unexpected tactical switch telling waiting reporters...

Ja, this was a fine vin for us no?. County are a very gut team unt vee knew it voz going to be a difficult game. Whilst ve battled hard, I think Herr Latimers choice of tactic proved to be zee difference. I have alvays preferred das Tripods over our usual 4-5-1 , I feel it gives us more offensive option unt I feel both myself, Burak unt Adrian benefited greatly. One only hopes it can be used again and does not fall foul to the Tommy bacteria , do you see mein joke there?. Ho ho now who says us Germans have none of you English sense of humour, no?... Incidentally back in zee Fatherland mein great uncle Klaus studied the formation in great detail at the Hamburg Lutheran monastery where he spent zee war years learning the footballing Gospels..he was never a Nazi ok.

209344bb-20d5-48ea-ae83-97f7705d6c3a_zpsd560a628.jpg?t=1391369110

Klaus Podolski, Tripod, Bacteria

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 29-PT 1

Brighton and Hove Albion played out a 0-0 draw away at bottom club Dagenham and Redbridge and take over at the top of the table with the point.Both sides created chances to win the game but were unable to take advantage.

Peterborough United slip to second after a 2-1 defeat at home to Swindon Town who move into third place.Kaya and Insigne put the robins two ahead before Gil scored a consolation goal for United.

Rotherham United were held to a 1-1 draw at second bottom Wolverhampton Wanderers and are down to fourth spot.Wolves took the lead through Cerci but Immobile levelled things up for the millers.

A 2-2 draw at Chesterfield saw Ipswich Town move up to fifth in the standings.Walcott got both for Ipswich with Sulejmani and Henriquez on target for the spireites.

Barnsley lost 3-2 at home to Reading and are down to sixth.Milivojevic,Calhanoglu and Hofmann did the damage for Reading with Arnautovic and Lisandro netting for the tykes.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 29-PT 2

Coventry City won 3-2 at home to Shorpe United.Fernando and Sow gave City a two goal lead before Galloppa got one back for United.Witsel scored to restore the two goal advantage before Boselli got a late second for Shorpe.

Leicester City won 1-0 at home to Northampton Town.Bradley got the winner for the foxes after sixty seven minutes.

Relegation threatened Rochdale stay eighteenth after a 2-1 defeat away at Birmingham City.Rochdale took the lead through Martinez but second half goals from Diouf and Van Ginkel won the match for City.

Plymouth Argyle were comfortable 4-1 winners at home to Bournemouth.The cherries went in front through Giroud but the lead only lasted two minutes.A brace from Pizarro and strikes from Snodgrass and Arfield were enough for the pilgrims to take all three points.

QPR were beaten 2-0 at home by Southampton.A goal either side of half time from Diabate and Fernandes won the the match for the saints.

Plymouth move into top half after controversial victory over Coventry

Plymouth Argyle picked up a valuable three points against promotion chasing Coventry City at Sixfields tonight, in a game filled with controversy and adverse weather.

Scottish winger Robert Snodgrass scored the only goal of the game with 15 minutes to go, however the home side seemed to be up against it from the off, with Pole Jakub Blaszczykowski given his marching orders after just 19 minutes for a late tackle on Matty James, which looked worse than it was due to the slippery surface. Matty James was an ever-present thorn in the Sky Blue's side, as a Plymouth side containing a further five debutants from the weekends 4-1 win over Bournemouth moved up to 9th place, 7 points off the play-offs and 8 points from 18th placed Bournemouth. Here's what Plymouth gaffer James Burrow had to say after the match:

"It was a resolute display from the team in very tricky conditions. The wind was swirling around and there was so much water on the surface the ball was bogging down so it was difficult to maintain the tempo. Obviously they were dealt a huge blow early on with Kuba's red, but as the saying goes, you often play better with only ten men, and they put up a heck of a fight.

Matty James was fantastic, he was the centre of everything! Sure Rob got the goal but Matt was like the Energizer bunny out there! He was unlucky not to get a goal of his own, but he as well as the rest can be very happy with their performance tonight."

Burrow also had a few words to say about Plymouth's latest signing, and news on any incomings:

"Scott (Dann) wasn't 100% fit for tonight. He hadn't trained for a number of days as he should have joined us last Friday but the transfer was held up. He should be available for selection for Saturday. We've made a few enquiries elsewhere, I wouldn't want to name names but I will say that I'll be happy with another three signings."

So the revolution still goes on. Plymouth move up to 9th and bar a dramatic change in form should be playing at least Division Three football next season. Coventry drop a place to 9th, now just one point ahead of Plymouth and six points behind Barnsley in 6th.

7046LIVERPOOL_zpsa5c01bb5.jpg

LIVERPOOL HEX?

Liverpool have called in an exorcist as manager SMH believes the club have been cursed by fellow manager Mr. Latouche, the said manager had a conversation with SMH just before Liverpool embarked on there six game winless run, he said we will crumble and although I took no notice of it at the time I now believe he is involved in the art of Black Magic.

blackmagic.gif

Latouche's favourite chocolates~Coincidence?
On behalf of the Liverpool fans, club and players we beg Mr. Latouche to withdraw his hex on the club from this minute forward.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 30-PT 1

Leaders Brighton and Hove Albion suffered a shock 1-0 defeat at home to QPR.Parolo got the winner for Rangers after fifty seven minutes.

Peterborough United were unable to take advantage as they were beaten 2-1 at Reading and stay second.United were off to a good start when Modeste scored but second half goals from Kramer and Calhanoglu turned the match in favour of the royals.

Third placed Swindon Town were beaten 2-0 at Shorpe United.Galloppa got both goals for the iron.

Ipswich Town moved up the table to fourth with a 2-2 draw at home to Barnsley who stay sixth.Balotelli and Matuidi were on the scoresheet for Ipswich with Aogo and Lisandro netting for the tykes.

Rotherham United are down to fifth after a 4-2 defeat at home to bottom club Dagenham and Redbridge.Despite a brace from Immobile United were undone by goals from Juanfran,Zamora,Odemwingie and De Zeeuw for the daggers.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 30-PT 2

Southampton lost 3-1 at home to Leicester City.Inan got two for Leicester with Joaquin adding a penalty to the scoreline.Diabate got the consolation for the saints.

Coventry City were beaten 1-0 at home by Plymouth Argyle.Snodgrass scored the decisive goal for the pilgrims on seventy six minutes.

Northampton Town were 4-2 victors at home to Birmingham City.Bony,Belhanda,Fernando and Varane were on the scoresheet for the cobblers with Muller and Miereles adding the Birmingham goals.

Rochdale moved out of the bottom three with a 3-1 win at home to Chesterfield.Clasie,Taison and Destro notched for the home side with Garmash on target for Chesterfield.

Bournemouth were dragged into the bottom three as they lost 5-3 at home to second bottom side Wolverhampton Wanderers.Cerci was superb for Wolves as he grabbed four of their goals with Imbula adding the other.Behrami,Milner and Giroud scored for the cherries.