TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

church-times-logo-large.jpg

MALONE TOLD ITS SIN NOT VOODOO

275924_1715426084_326475357_q.jpgAntony Eden Writes...Despite another defeat last night, this time at the hands of Manchester united, Liverpool were declared voodoo free this morning after a week long investigation by Sheffield United head of demonic repossessions and reserve team goalkeeping coach Bob Trentbridge. Trentbridge was dispatched to Anfield after this weeks claim by struggling reds boss Dan Malone that his team had been stricken by a curse laid by Fulham boss Dom Latouche. The curse or headless chicken hex as it is known in witchcraft circles, has left the title tipped Liverpool win less in 7 games and along with falling into second place behind Sunderland, dumped out of the English shield and the champions cup. With the under pressure Malone powerless to stop the slide, the increasingly desperate manager sent out a plea for divine intervention after sensationally blaming Latouche. But arriving back in Sheffield this morning for a one to one meeting with Blades boss Hugh ''holier than thou'' Latimer, Trentbridge was clear in his assessment of Liverpools woes as he told waiting reporters..

A curse? No its not voodoo or Latouche who's to blame its good old fashion soccer sin. I must admit when I arrived at Liverpool my first impressions were that the club had fallen under the spell of the occult. The strange smells that hang over desolate streets around the ground, the vacant looks on unkempt passers-by faces and the presence of scores of stray dogs is normally tell tale signs that the devil is at work. My fears increased when I first spoke to Malone, as I struggled to understand his strange language, I was convinced he was speaking in tongues. It was only then it was pointed out to me that Malone is of course Scottish, the streets of Liverpool had actually been cleaned in advance of my visit and the general population indeed often look much worse...

donkey_large.jpg

Liverpool boss Dan Malone

Encouraged, I nevertheless undertook a full exorcism of the ground and I am happy to report I found no evidence of witchery, vodoo or cursation. I found this quite baffling as after watching the game last night I have to say the team appeared both leaden footed and catatonic in their efforts to cancel out Torres's 3rd minute opener. These are of course classic symptoms of hocus pocary and in a final effort to discover the cause I looked back on Liverpools last 7 games. It was there I found the answer, the cause of their demise is the sinful adherence to the devils formation and is of Malones own making. The sudden drop in form started with the 4-3 English shield semi final defeat against Wolves, and it marked a change in Liverpool tactics from a Godly 4-5-1 to the sinful 3-5-2. This disgusting act of blasphemy not only lost Malone the game but flew in the face of the Almighty and has duly invoked his loving rage. Whilst Malone tried to cover his heresey from the ever watchful gaze of the Lord, the random use of tactically placed arrows fools no one especially the creator of the beautiful game. Who can say just how long Malone will continue to feel the wraith of the Lord?, but I for one feel his season is buggered beyond belief. All I can say is Malone has made an ass of himself and I suggest he starts praying in the hope that the Lord has mercy on his darkened soul.

Plymouth lose ground on promotion after draw with Scunny

Plymouth Argyle had to settle for a point after drawing 1-1 with Shorpe United at Home Park.

Icelandic midfielder Aron Gunnarsson scored his first goal for the Pilgrims after 18 minutes, latching on to a cross from in-form winger Robert Snodgrass. However, that lead was short-lived, with Shorpe levelling the game with a free-kick from Daniele Galloppa. Adam Le Fondre had a number of chances to win the game for Plymouth, but his path to goal was blocked by the impressive Sebastian Frey.

An interesting spectator inn the Home Park crowd was English midfielder Kevin Nolan, currently plying his trade with Trabzonspor in Turkey. It is believed that Plymouth have agreed personal terms with the 31 year old, but have yet to agree a fee. The experienced central midfielder would bring some leadership to a relatively young team.

Gycokei.png

Luc Casnos Signs for Chelsea!

luc-castaignos4-e1281612869683.jpg

It was confirmed earlier today that 21 year old Dutch Forward Luc Casnos had signed a 2 season contract with Chelsea, joining from Championship side Derby County. Casnos joins in a deal which sees another young forward - 23 year old Wissam Ben Yedder move to Derby along with an additional fee of £5 million. Casnos has been at Derby County since 2010, making 72 appearances for Derby but recently he has been out of favour with the manager, coming on only as a substitute.

Manager Hancock had this to say about the signing:

"Casnos is a great young player and he's got a lot of potential. He was out of favour at Derby recently and started only 5 games this season and when I heard that Derby were willing to sell I immediately made an offer and a deal was agreed quickly. Casnos is still very young and has a lot of potential and for him to achieve his maximum potential, it's essential that he starts regularly so he is likely to be leaving on loan.

I wish Wissam the best of luck at Derby and hope that he has on trouble adjusting to his new club"

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 31-PT 1

Peterborough United once more lead the way in Division Three taking over at the top with a 3-2 win at home to Ipswich Town who lose ground and slip to fifth.Modeste scored twice for the posh with Pelle also on the scoresheet.Kruse and Walcott scored for Ipswich.

Brighton and Hove Albion are down to second after a 2-0 defeat at Leicester City.The goals both came in the second half for the foxes from Osman and Inan.

Despite a 2-1 home defeat to Reading Swindon Town stay in third place.Bastov and Hofmann had put the royals two in front before Markovic got a late consolation for the robins.

Barnsley are up to fourth after a 2-2 draw at home to Rochdale.The tykes were two goals to the good with strikes from Corluka and Arnautovic but Rochdale fought their way back into the game and scored through Martinez and Mangala.

Rotherham United are down to sixth after a 4-2 defeat away at QPR.El Arabi got a brace for Rangers with Ya Konan and Zuber getting the others.United's goals came from Immobile and a Popov penalty.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 31-PT 2

Wolverhampton Wanderers stay in nineteenth place after being held to a 1-1 draw at home by midlands rivals Coventry City.Kerzhakov had given City a first half lead but Djuricic made it all square after seventy three minutes.

Plymouth Argyle drew 1-1 at home to Shorpe United.Gunnarsson gave the pilgrims the lead but Galloppa got the equaliser for United just before the half hour mark.

Chesterfield went down 1-0 at home to Northampton Town.Fernando got the winner for the cobblers with a quarter hour of the match played.

Birmingham City lost 3-2 at home to Southampton.Cardozo scored both for City but they weren't enough as Diabate got two of his own for Southampton with Cley getting the winner for the saints with three minutes to go.

Dagenham and Redbridge climbed to eighteenth after a 5-1 win at home to relegation rivals Bournemouth who are down to the foot of the table with this defeat.Calaio grabbed a hat trick for the daggers with Jovanovic and De Zeeuw adding to the scoreline.Mirallas got the consolation for the cherries.

arsenal-fc-arsenal-logo-00dd08f8808e4c7827f6a13882d1c4dc.jpeg

gabriel-agbonlahor.jpg

English Blood Join's Arsenal In 8M Switch!

Today Arsenal fans have woke up to see un capped England Striker Gabriel Agbonlahor make his switch from fellow EPL side Bristol City to Championship chasers Arsenal for a fee beleaved to be eight million. The 27 year old who has signed a two year deal has came out saying he could not turn down the offer to join Arsenal, they are a world class squad and with the chance to play along side the likes of Kaka, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and more he hade to take the offer. Gabriel who has played 71 times in 9 seasons has a poor run of form but he has said the chance now to prove his worth is now here, and he hopes to repay the dept of eight million to Arsenal by getting them goals when he plays.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 32-PT 1

Leaders Peterborough United were beaten 2-0 away at Rochdale who did their survival bid the world of good.Martinez and Taison got the goals for Rochdale which took them four points clear of the drop zone.

Brighton and Hove Albion stay in second place with a 2-2 draw at home to Birmingham City.Ridgewell and Bacca scored for Brighton with Van Ginkel and Cardozo netting for Birmingham.

Rotherham United won 2-0 at home to Leicester City to go up to third in the table.Both of the goals came in the second period and were scored by Immobile and Postiga.

Ipswich Town drew 1-1 at home to Swindon Town and drop to sixth with Swindon also losing ground and dropping to fourth place.Rudnevs had given Swindon a one goal lead before Gibbs equalised for Ipswich on seventy three minutes.

Barnsley are down to fifth with a 1-1 draw away at Northampton Town.Paulinho gave Northampton the lead but Barnsley were level a minute later when Lisandro scored.

Re: English Championship 7046 Discussion Thread

Gycokei.png

Chelsea 1 - 1 Manchester United

Chelsea were lucky last night and managed to grab a point from their match against the Red Devils last night even though the visitors dominated possession (60%) and looked the better team on the night. The Blues continued their poor form, now winless in 3 matches and at this stage of the season, every match is a must-win. Manager Hancock opted for arguably a strong team last night, using a 4-2-3-1 formation. The draw saw the Blues drop 7th in the table, now 7 points off top spot and 2 points off an SMFA Champions Cup position.

Cech (92)

Ivanovic (92) Ramos (95) Terry (91) Lahm © (95)

Vidal (93) Isco (91)

Costa (92) Tevez (93) Silva (94)

Cavani (93)

Croatian International Luka Modric opened the scoring for the visitors in the 31st minute, giving them a 1-0 lead. Chances were scarce for both teams and the score remained 0-1 until the 81st minute when Edinson Cavani managed to grab an equalizer for Chelsea. Cavani was named the MOTM for his performance.

This is what manager Hancock had to say in his post-match interview:

"I'm disappointed with the result, I really wanted a win tonight to keep us close to the teams above us and stay in the top 4 but a draw now means we're 2 points behind 4th placed Fulham. Form is essential at this point of the season and we're now win-less in 3 matches and there are only 6 games remaining. We must regain our form immediately and form a possible 18 points, I think at least 14 is a must for us. We face 12th placed West Brom next, by no means an easy fixture so we'll have to be at our best to get a win."

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 32-PT 2

Shorpe United suffered a 4-2 reverse at home to Reading.Oliveira,Kramer,Calhanonglu and Mpoku were on the scoresheet for Reading with Boselli and Coronas replying for United.

Plymouth Argyle won 4-0 at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers who stay deep in relegation trouble in nineteenth place.Pearce and Gunnarsson gave the pilgrims a two goal half time lead with Nolan and King adding the other goals after the break.

Bottom club Bournemouth suffered another heavy defeat losing 4-1 at home to QPR.Zuber scored twice for Rangers with Ya Konan and Parolo also scoring.Ideye got the consolation for Bournemouth.

Coventry City drew 1-1 at home to eighteenth placed Dagenham and Redbridge.Marlos had given City a first half lead but Dagenham levelled with two minutes to go when Odemwingie scored.

Southampton were well beaten at home by Chesterfield 3-0.San Jose,Sulejmani and Britton were the goalscorers for Chesterfield.

Shield Champions Wolves brought down to Earth by Plymouth mauling

Monday night's English Shield triumph was quickly replaced with anxiety in the minds of Wolverhampton Wanderers fans, after a 4-0 reverse away to Plymouth Argyle saw them drift 5 points from safety with only 6 games remaining.

Andriy Yarmolenko's 84th minute Wembley winner may have netted Wolves silverware for the first time since their English Cup triumph in Season 4 under Kylan N17, however the Ukraineans only input to Wednesday night's game was an 85th minute booking, by which point the match was well since lost.

Wolves made five changes from the Shield winning team, with Victor Moses, Blerim Dzemaili, Markel Susaeta, Lucas Moura and Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik replacing Filip Djuricic, Stephane M'Bia, Gianneli Imbula and Lars Stindl. Veteran midfielder Kevin Nolan made his first start for the Pilgrims, while Andy King and Scott Dann made home league debuts.

kevin-nolan_zps6e885f50.jpeg

Kevin Nolan would go on to make a goal-scoring debut for the Pilgrims

Wolves had the first chance of the game through Victor Moses but Plymouth goalkeeper Alex McCarthy was equal to it. Through Plymouth's first chance, they found the back of the net. Debutant Kevin Nolan played the ball into Alex Pearce after an earlier corner had been headed clear, and the Irish defender finished with aplomb for his first ever league goal. Wolves went on the offensive, trying to restore parity immediately through Tomas Necid and Victor Moses, however Plymouth absorbed the pressure and after 36 minutes, were 2-0 up. Andy King found space out wide and swung a cross in towards the head of Aron Gunnarsson, whose looping header sailed into the net, out of the reach of Kevin Trapp. this took the wind out of Wolves' sails, and Plymouth looked the most likely to score as the half time whistle blew.

Plymouth continued their superiority after the break, with Will Buckley and Nolan testing Trapp within the first five minutes of the restart. Wolves were restricted to efforts from range, with McCarthy catching Swiss midfielder Blerim Dzemail's shot at the second attempt. Adam Le Fondre has come in for criticism recently for his lack of goals, but he played a big part in Plymouth's third goal. Shortly after assisting Gunnarsson for the Icelander to shoot wide, "ALF" held up the ball under pressure from Micah Richards before playing the ball into Kevin Nolan. Nolan evaded the challenges of Kouyate and Kana-Biyik before smashing the ball past Trapp. The 31 year old wheeled off with his iconic "Quack" celebration, his first goal since scoring for Charlton three seasons ago. The goals didnt stop there, Pearce adding an assist to his earlier goal, with Andy King netting a 30 yeard screamer which caught the keeper off-guard. The game ended with a booking apiece for Yarmolenko and Buckley, with the travelling Wolves fans nervously listening in to other results at the final whistle.

The emphatic win lifts Plymouth up to 9th, four places from the play-offs with 5th placed Barnsley and 7th placed Leicester City still to play. Defeat sees Wolves fall five points from safety, with the worst goal difference in the league. We caught up with Plymouth Man of the Match Kevin Nolan:

"It was a great team display! For a team which has only been together for a few weeks we are a tight knit bunch who are all pulling in the same direction. It's good to be playing back in England again, the move to Turkey didn't really suit me. I actually played against Scott (Dann) and Rhys (Williams) whilst over there and I know they are a tough bunch of lads, I'm glad they are on our side!

(On the play-offs) We'll keep on fighting until it's no longer possible to qualify. I joined Plymouth to be part of a long-term project, and while that didn't mean promotion at the earliest opportunity, a Wembley appearance would be great for the fans given the clubs recent off-the-field problems."

Plymouth travel to another relegation-threatened side Dagenham and Redbridge, however the Daggers are unbeaten in five, and thrashed Bournemouth 5-1, with Emanuele Calaio on top form.

The-Pub-Market-Report-2013-Win-an-iPad2_medium_vga.jpg

MALONE SAVED BY G.A.S.H FAITHFUL

Duncan-Goodhew-47x47.jpgDuncan Goodhew Writes...A repentant Liverpool boss Dan Malone breathed a huge sigh of relief this week when buoyed by an estimated ten thousand strong pilgrimage by sympathetic G.A.S.H ( Godly against soccer heresy) members, the Reds finally broke their 7 game hoodoo with a much needed 2-1 win over West Brom. Following last weeks widely reported Anfield exorcism by Sheffield Uniteds head of demonic repossessions and reserve team goalkeeping coach Bob Trentbridge, the G.A.S.H faithful responded to a call by life long Liverpool supporter and devout soccer purist Ricky Tomlinson for divine intervention to assist in ending the ailing Liverpudlians end of season poor run of form. And in answer to professional Scousers Tomlinsons nationwide call for spiritual support, the biblical sized hordes of G.A.S.H members packed into Anfield , setting a new attendance record of 45,520 and after much prayer and psalm singing inspiring a 62cnd minute winner from Xabi Alonso. Speaking after the game an emotional Tomlinson fought back the tears as he declared...

...It was a great night, the best we have had here for weeks. There’s no doubt about it the Lord has answered our prayers and with the help of the wider faith based footballing movement he has finally forgiven us for the shame that Malone brought upon us in his thoughtless use of the devils formation against Wolves. I can only pray that Malone has learnt his lesson and that the good Lord will continue to smile upon us and allow us to resume our title challenge, hopefully by striking down the Sunderland first team squad with something horrible like a debilitating disease....or perhaps blindness.

5429a439-0393-4b09-977c-7031b8f4fc2a_zps138dd55f.png?t=1392408205

Rickey Tomlinson, G.A.S.H members arrive at Anfield, Alonso

Elsewhere Sheffield United continued their shaky progress towards a division two play-off finish with a nervous 1-1 home draw with struggling Manchester City. In a dour 90 minutes the Blades found themselves trailing to a Aron Johannsson strike just after the hour mark, before a last gasp Burak Yilmaz free kick rescued a vital point with barely a minute left on the clock. The draw sees United drop back down a place to 6th and with the title race all but conceded to a rampant Walsall, still 4 points away from second placed Swansea City. With just six games left of the season, Hugh Latimers disciples travel South tomorrow night to face mid table Crystal Palace, where the Blades will be eager to reinstate their play-off claims with a vital three points.

DAVE AND NICK DELVE INTO

DIVISION ONE

photo.jpgThe Mysterious Madame Poot Writes..With just five games left until the end of an enthralling season, its time to shuffle the tarot cards,run a damp rag over the old crystal balls, split open a few chickens and take a peek into the future to see who ends up where next season. And who better to say some sooth's, than renown Millwall mystics Dave ' the seer' Cusack and Nick ' I wouldn't get on that plane if I was you ' Chatterton.

Division 1

(33 games / GD / PTS)

1 Liverpool 18 58

2 Sunderland 12 57

3 Fulham 5 55

4 Tottenham Hotspur 10 54

5 Carlisle United 12 53

6 Chelsea 6 53

7 Arsenal 7 52

8 Bristol City 9 48

9 Leeds United 7 48

10 Everton -2 48

11 Middlesbrough 5 46

12 Charlton Athletic 0 45

13 Bolton Wanderers 6 44

14 West Bromwich Albion -8 44

15 Manchester United 1 43

16 Stoke City -8 36

17 Bury -26 35

18 Blackburn Rovers -14 33

19 Exeter City -18 30

20 Nottingham Forest -22 27

Daves says : What a race, I've had a good think about this and even me with all my magic powers can't put a faagpaper between the top four. Liverpool appear to have turned a corner with back to back wins and Sunderlands shock 5-0 defeat by the ever dangerous Carlisle was the worst possible preparation for next weeks massive game at 4th placed Spurs. Dom Latouches injury hit Fulham continue to confound the critics and the odds and so can never be discounted but what about Spurs?. Buoyed by success in Europe Ben Newmans team has hit a rich vein of form and with five successive wins look in best possible shape for the run in. Outside the top six Tony ' mad dog' Maddisons Carlisle have forced themselves back into contention with their super win at Sunderland and a very strong Chelsea lurk ominously in 6th place just waiting for the teams above them to implode.

Daves Prediction:

Champions : Liverpool

2cnd : Spurs

3rd: Fulham

4th Sunderland

Chatterton-1.jpg?t=1297947225

Dave and Nick

Nick says : After 5 seasons in the top flight the writing is very much on the wall for Forest as the herculean task of pulling themselves off of bottom spot looks far to much for a team that despite excellent recent wins at Arsenal and West Brom have failed to convince all season. Likewise and much to the dismay of the neutral, it looks like the curtain is set to close on Dave Crawfords valiant Exeter who after last season magnificent 3rd place finish look certain to pay the price for the lack of quality that has haunted them since promotion in season 6. The real battle at the bottom is who between Stoke, Bury and Blackburn escapes the unwanted prize of claiming the final relegation spot. Following a huge 1-0 win at Charlton last night Blackburn narrowed the gap to their immediate rivals to just 3 points and with Bury and Stoke facing each other on Wednesday night are in a great position to haul themselves out of the bottom three if successful against Carlisle at Ewood Park.

Stoke

A - Bury

H-Tottenham Hotspur

H - Everton

A-Manchester United

H-West Bromwich Albion

Bury

H-Stoke City

A-Everton

H-Manchester United

A-West Bromwich Albion

H-Arsenal

Blackburn Rovers

H-Carlisle United

A-Sunderland

A-Tottenham Hotspur

H- Bristol City

A-Nottingham Forest

The enormity of Wednesday nights game is confirmed when you consider the last five games and despite Bury and Stoke facing top class opposition in Arsenal , Spurs and Manchester United ( who themselves will be eager to push clear of the relegation zone) , Blackburn perhaps have the harder task. Despite finishing the season at Forest the games at Carlisle, Sunderland and Spurs are the stuff of nightmares for the fans and manager Gonzodan.

Nicks prediction:

18 Blackburn Rovers

19 Exeter City

20 Nottingham Forest

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 33-PT1

Brighton and Hove Albion went top with a 4-3 win away at Chesterfield.Kashia and Montero put Albion two in front but the spireites hit back and went in front with goals from Ekici,Lallana and Rodrigo.Two goals from Bacca and Routledge in the last five minutes won the match for Brighton in this topsy turvy game.

Peterborough United drew 0-0 at home to Northampton Town and drop down to second place.

Swindon Town are up to third with a 2-1 win at home to Rochdale.Markovic and Celustka put the robins two up before Martinez got one back for Rochdale who are still embroiled in the battle to stay up.

Birmingham City won 2-1 at home to Rotherham United who slip to fourth place.All the goals came in the first half with Ozyakup and Diouf scoring for City and Saviola netting for United.

Ipswich Town are up to fifth with a 1-1 draw away at Reading.Walcott scored for Ipswich with Baston equalising for Reading.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 33-PT 2

Leicester City won 2-1 at home against Bournemouth to go into sixth place in the league.Bournemouth scored first through Hangeland but City got back into the game and won it with goals from Gilardino and Guerrero to leave the cherries anchored to the foot of the table.

Barnsley lost 2-0 at home to Southampton.A goal in either half from Diabate and Fernandes were enough for the saints.

Coventry City travelled to QPR and came away with a 2-0 win.Blaszczykowski(lets hope he doesn't score many) and Ganso scored the goals for Coventry.

Dagenham and Redbridge won 1-0 at home to Plymouth Argyle to keep their survival hopes alive as they stay eighteenth.Camara got the winner after twelve minutes.

Second bottom club Wolverhampton Wanderers won 3-0 at home to Shorpe United to boost their claims to stay in the division.A hat trick from Moses was the cause for celebration for Wolves.

arsenal-fc-arsenal-logo-00dd08f8808e4c7827f6a13882d1c4dc.jpeg

Everton-defender-Leighton-008.jpg

England LB Joining Arsenal In Two Player Switch!

Today Arsenal and Everton have come to a deal that will see German AM Toni Kroos end his two year stay at Arsenal and head down up to Liverpool to join up with 8th place Everton. The deal is set to see Emmanuel Adebayor make a shock return to Arsenal after he left in dramatic fation to join up with Tottenahm and England LB Leighton Baines will be ending a nine season spell at Everton to move to Arsenal, this has raised questions already about LB Ashley Cole who is expected to leave Arsenal in the up coming weeks with Cole saying he is ready for a fresh challange and he feels he has done all he can with Arsenal the manager is now on the hunt to make a quick deal for the 33 year old but for now all we know is that Arsenal coach Beckett is now looking to tomorows game with Middlesbough.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 34-PT 1

Top dogs Brighton and Hove Albion came back from a 4-1 deficit to draw 4-4 at home to Barnsley who are up to sixth with the point.Lisandro,Vierinha Arnautovic and Bystrov scored for the tykes but they were stunned by strikes from Bacca who got a hat trick and Ridgewell for Albion.

Second placed Peterborough United lost 3-1 away at Southampton.Kacanikic put the saints two up before Torres got one back for United five minutes from the break.A third goal for Southampton from Fernandes put the game out of reach of Peterborough.

Rotherham United moved up to third place with a 5-3 win at home to Chesterfield.The millers were four nil in front at one stage in the first half with goals from Postiga,Saviola(2) and Immobile.Rodrigo and Johnson brought the spireites back into the game but Maicon made sure with a fifth for United.Rodrigo got his second from the penalty spot for Chesterfield with four minutes to go.

Swindon Town are down to fourth after a 3-1 defeat at Northampton Town.Bony got a brace for the cobblers with Fernando also netting.Insigne got the consolation for Swindon.

Ipswich Town stay fifth with a 1-1 draw away at Shorpe United.Schmitz had given Shorpe a first minute lead but Gibbs levelled the match when he scored four minutes after the interval.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 34-PT 2

Coventry City won 1-0 at home to Leicester City.Ganso got the only goal of the game after seventy one minutes.

Rochdale were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Reading.The match looked like it was heading for a goalless stalemate but late goals from Laporte for Rochdale and Kramer for Reading made it one each.

Plymouth Argyle played out a 1-1 draw at home to QPR.A seventh minute Snodgrass goal looked to have won the match for the pilgrims but Rangers snatched a point when Zuber scored with a minute of the match left.

Bottom club Bournemouth were given a little boost with a 2-0 win at home to Birmingham City.A goal either side of half time from Behrami and Yacob won the match for the cherries.

Wolverhampton Wanderers swapped places with Dagenham and Redbridge with a 2-1 home win and are up to eighteenth with the daggers dropping to nineteenth.Djuricic got the opener for wolves but Camara equalised for the daggers just after the half hour.Moses struck the winner from the penalty spot for wolves after sixty five minutes.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 35-PT 1

The top two met this turn and Peterborough United came out on top with a 2-0 win at home to Brighton and Hove Albion to take over as the leaders of the division.Both goals came in the first half from Rodwell and Dyer.

Swindon Town went up to third with a 2-1 home win against Southampton.The saints went ahead with a penalty from Fernandes in the first half but second half goals from Insigne and Rudnevs earned the robins the points.

Barnsley are up to fifth as they beat yorkshire rivals Rotherham United 2-1 who slip to fourth place.Lisandro got both of the Barnsley goals with Immobile netting for United.

Birmingham City lost 2-0 at home to midlands rivals Coventry City who go up to sixth place with the win.Fernando and Ganso were on target for Coventry.

Reading were 2-1 victors at home to Northampton Town.Clyne and Mpoku gave the royals a two goal lead before Moreno got a consolation for the cobblers.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 35-PT 2

Ipswich Town lost 2-0 at home to Rochdale.Martinez and Destro were the matchwinners for Rochdale.

A tremendous game at Leicester City saw them draw 4-4 with Plymouth Argyle.City were 4-1 in front at one stage with Gilardino grabbing a hat trick and Guerrero also scoring but Vardy was the hero of a pilgrims fightback as he scored all four goals.

QPR were held to a 0-0 draw at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers who went down to nineteenth place despite earning the point.

Bottom club Bournemouth came away from Chesterfield with a creditable 3-3 draw.The cherries looked like they could come away with all three points but were eventually pegged back by the spireites whose goals were scored by Ekici,Garmash and Granat.Behrami,Yacob and Giroud netted for Bournemouth.

Dagenham and Redbridge won 2-1 at home to Shorpe United to move up to eighteenth in the table.Cacau got both of the daggers goals with Boselli scoring for United.

English Championship 7046~ 3 GAMES TO GO

ec-blog-head.png

With just three games to go and nine precious points left to play for, here are who are involved with what :

worst-miniatures-winners-losers-round-one-2.jpg

THE D1 TITLE :

Any one of these:

Liverpool, Fulham, Sunderland, Tottenham, Carlisle, Chelsea & Arsenal.

TOP 4 :

Any four of these:

Liverpool, Fulham, Sunderland, Tottenham, Carlisle, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Middlesbrough & Charlton.

RELEGATION :

With Forest relegated [unlucky] any two of these:

Stoke City, Bury, Blackburn Rovers& Exeter City.

------------------------

THE D2 TITLE:

Walsall [congrats]

AUTO PROMOTION:

Any one of these:

Huddersfield, MK Dons, Swansea, Sheffield U, Newcastle, Derby, Notts County ,Crystal Palace & Preston.

THE PLAYOFFS:

Any 4 of these :

Huddersfield, MK Dons, Swansea, Sheffield U, Newcastle, Derby, Notts County ,Crystal Palace, Preston, Burnley, Aston Villa & Portsmouth.

RELEGATION:

Any three from these :

Tranmere, Wigan, Manchester City, Yeovil, Watford & West Ham.

------------------------

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRUIN_ao5CAnxZbGqdUFgIYKgAf9DiGZUVqmn1JEAWfugUVqen

------------------------

THE D3 TITLE :

Any one of these:

Peterborough, Brighton, Swindon, Rotherham, Barnsley or Coventry.

AUTO PROMOTION :

Any two of these:

Peterborough, Brighton, Swindon, Rotherham, Barnsley, Coventry.Reading, Ipswich & Leicester.

PLAYOFFS :

Any four of these :

Peterborough, Brighton, Swindon, Rotherham, Barnsley, Coventry.Reading, Ipswich, Leicester, Plymouth, QPR, Northampton, Southampton & Birmingham.

RELEGATION:

Any three of these:

Plymouth, QPR, Northampton, Southampton, Birmingham, Chesterfield, Rochdale, Shorpe, Dagenham, Wolves & Bournemouth

------------------

THE D4 TITLE:

Norwich [congrats]

AUTO PROMOTION:

Any one of these:

Burton, Brentford, Gillingham, Sheffield W, Hartlepool, Shrewsbury, Accrington & Stockport.

PLAYOFFS:

Any four of these:

Burton, Brentford, Gillingham, Sheffield W, Hartlepool, Shrewsbury, Accrington, Stockport, Millwall, Leyton Orient, Hull & Doncaster.

WOODEN SPOON:

Any one of these:

Southend, Bristol R, Aldershot, Cardiff & Oldham.

Breaking News

Hulk has yet again claimed he wants to play for Man Utd

Hulk had to say "I believe Man Utd will have a title winning side again in 2 seasons, why would I want to stay with a manager who has won nothing, bottles it every season, even lost 21 points to Man Utd one season to finish 3rd eventually. Also with the recent transfer activity with both Thiago and Menez snubbing Dom for SoP, Utd is the place to be."

Almost 2 years after stating his love for Utd Hulk is at it again screams the Daily snail

Breaking News

Hulk has yet again claimed he wants to play for Man Utd

Hulk had to say "I believe Man Utd will have a title winning side again in 2 seasons' date=' why would I want to stay with a manager who has won nothing, bottles it every season, even lost 21 points to Man Utd one season to finish 3rd eventually. Also with the recent transfer activity with both Thiago and Menez snubbing Dom for SoP, Utd is the place to be."

Almost 2 years after stating his love for Utd Hulk is at it again screams the Daily snail[/quote']

In response to the comments Dom had this to say.

''Hulk has been a great player for fulham and a true fans favourite , The reports are true he does want to leave and has expressed an interest in talking Man utd. However we are remaining firm he is our player so if he does leave it will be on our terms and we will get a lot of money for one of the PL's best standout performers. And I will not welcome any approaches from anyone especially Man utd :)''

In what has been a dreadful few days for Dom , Losing out on Thiago by 100k , Menez by 1 million , Losing ground in the title race and now confirming Hulk has expressed an interest to leave. Theres only so much crushing disapointment a man can take and with him looking so dejected in the press conference how much more can he withstand?

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 36-PT 1

Peterborough United stay top despite a 3-1 defeat away at fourth placed Rotherham United.Saviola scored twice for the millers with Immobile also netting.Pelle got the posh goal.

Second placed Brighton and Hove Albion went down 2-1 at home to third placed Swindon Town who are pushing hard for the second auto spot.Albion were in front with a penalty from Bacca but Sio and Cattermole scored for Swindon to earn three valuable points.

Coventry City are up to fifth with a 2-1 win at home to Chesterfield.Kerzhakov and Ajdarevic were two up before Henriquez got a consolation for Chesterfield.

Bottom club Bournemouth dented Barnsley's play off hopes with a 2-0 win.Sorg and Yacob got the cherries goals in the second half.Barnsley are down to sixth.

Northampton Town drew 2-2 at home with Ipswich Town.Bony and Benteke scored for the cobblers with Matuidi and Sanchez on target for Ipswich.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 36-PT 2

Southampton won 3-1 at home to Reading.The saints went into a three goal lead through Fernandes,Jelavic and Kacaniklic.Baston got the consolation for Reading.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are up to eighteenth with a 2-1 win at home to Leicester City.Lucas and Susaeta put Wolves two up before Joaquin scored for Leicester.

Plymouth Argyle drew 1-1 at home to Birmingham City.Argyle looked to have won the match with a first half goal from Vardy but they gave away a penalty with two minutes to go which Cardozo gratefully converted.

Dagenham and Redbridge were held to a 2-2 draw at home by QPR and drop to nineteenth in the table.De Zeeuw and Odemwingie scored for the daggers with Diaby and Ya Konan on target for Rangers.

Shorpe United drew 1-1 with Rochdale.Destro gave Rochdale a first half lead before Boselli levelled things up for United.

English Championship 7046~ FINAL GAME~WHO IS STILL PLAYING FOR WHAT>

ec-blog-head.png

So with just one game to go there are still lots of things to play for, so whether you are involved or just watching there is sure to be some drama left in this marvelous 9th season of 7046, I have to say what a great bunch of managers we have in here and that is what makes this the best set-up on SM, kudos to all.

WHO IS STILL PLAYING FOR VITAL SPOTS?

DIVISION 1

The Title :Any 1 of 2

Liverpool/Sunderland

Top 4 : Any 2 from 3

Fulham/Spurs/Carlisle

TOP 10 : Any 1 of 3

Leeds/Charlton/Boro

Relegation: Any 1 of 2

Stoke/Exeter

-------------

DIVISION 2