TheDuffman

English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

7046LIVERPOOL_zpsa5c01bb5.jpg

LIVERPOOL ONE GAME AWAY FROM THE TITLE?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkm-Ov8OxS5QuJp1fgMOt1mWr4PLW445ERKX36zDkONaauO8GiCw

It has been a long hard season, highlights include the double over Hapless Boro, the 8-1 win over Bury and the unbeaten November but they are but distant memories as we go into the last game of the season needing just a draw against Sunderland to win the title, locked at the top but ahead on goal difference, we have the advantage over Sunderland as we only need a draw but we were humped 4-2 in the reverse fixture so it really is anyone's game.

A mouthwatering tie, I stole this speech from Al and will relay this to my team in training today.
I don't know what to say really.

Three days

to the biggest battle of our professional lives

all comes down to today.

Either

we heal

as a team

or we are going to crumble.

Inch by inch

play by play

till we're finished.

We are in hell right now, gentlemen

believe me

and

we can stay here

and get the sh*t kicked out of us

or

we can fight our way

back into the light.

We can climb out of hell.

One inch, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you.

I'm too old.

I look around and I see these young faces

and I think

I mean

I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

I uh....

I p**sed away all my money

believe it or not.

I chased off

anyone who has ever loved me.

And lately,

I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.

You know when you get old in life

things get taken from you.

That's, that's part of life.

But,

you only learn that when you start losing stuff.

You find out that life is just a game of inches.

So is football.

Because in either game

life or football

the margin for error is so small.

I mean

one half step too late or to early

you don't quite make it.

One half second too slow or too fast

and you don't quite score.

The inches we need are everywhere around us.

They are in ever break of the game

every minute, every second.

On this team, we fight for that inch

On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us

to pieces for that inch.

We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch.

Cause we know

when we add up all those inches

that's going to make the f**king difference

between WINNING and LOSING

between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this

in any fight

it is the guy who is willing to die

who is going to win that inch.

And I know

if I am going to have any life anymore

it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch

because that is what LIVING is.

The six inches in front of your face.

Now I can't make you do it.

You gotta look at the guy next to you.

Look into his eyes.

Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.

You are going to see a guy

who will sacrifice himself for this team

because he knows when it comes down to it,

you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen

and either we heal now, as a team,

or we will die as individuals.

That's football guys.

That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?

171_manchester_city_13_05__zpsf6d88781.png

Relegated City appoint Thompson after Vik Resignation

Relegated Manchester City have moved swiftly following the resignation of Vik P by enticing 29 year old Steve Thompson away from promotion chasing Barnsley to take up the post at the Etihad Stadium. Thompson took charge of 163 games at Oakwell with an average of 1.91 points per game he guided the club to 3 successive play off finals winning 1 and leaves the Tykes in 5th position in the division 3 table with one fixture left to play.

City fans will be hoping that the new manager will bring some much needed stability after successive relegation's and the pressure will certainly be on Thompson to deliver from the start.

Following the announcement New boss Steve Thompson had this to say.

"This is a fantastic opportunity to manage one of the biggest clubs in the world and work with some world class players week in week out. The club has lost it's way somewhat over the past two seasons but i am confident on restoring the pride back into this club and getting it back where it belongs.

It was a tough decision to leave Barnsley i have had some magnificent times there and had a real rapport with the supporters but this is an opportunity i could not turn away from and i am very much looking forward to meeting all the players and getting to grips with the job.

I am sure that all of us together can get the blue moon rising once again"

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 37-PT 1

Top played bottom as Peterborough United took on Bournemouth.The game ended in a 0-0 draw which saw Bournemouth relegated.The cherries manager Josh Harman had been resigned to the fact that his side would probably go down and will hope they can put it behind them and come back stronger next season.

Swindon Town moved into the second auto promotion spot with a 3-1 win at home to Rotherham United who stay fourth.Rudnevs got a brace for Swindon with Markovic also adding to the tally.Immobile scored for Rotherham.

Reading won 4-2 at home to Brighton and Hove Albion who slip to third place.Albion were ahead twice with goals from Kashia and Verdu but the royals fought back twice with strikes from Garcia and Calhanoglu.Gibson and Roussillon got the goals that put Reading out of sight.

Barnsley went up to fifth with a 2-0 win at home to Coventry City who are down to sixth.Arnautovic got both for the tykes.It was a sad day for the tykes as manager Stephen Thompson left the club after the game to take over at Manchester City but he has certainly left the club in a healthy state for any incoming manager.

Ipswich Town won 3-1 at home to Southampton.Walcott,Balotelli and Kruse scored for Ipswich with Gourcuff getting the saints consolation.Southampton manager J Magic 93 has left the club since this latest defeat.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 37-PT 2

Leicester City lost 2-1 at home to Dagenham and Redbridge who stay nineteenth despite the victory.Johnson put the foxes in front but two goals in the last ten minutes from Odemwingie and Toraman won the match for the daggers.

Chesterfield were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Plymouth Argyle and slip to eighteenth place and the dreaded drop zone.

QPR were beaten 3-2 at home by Shorpe United.Boselli got a hat trick for Shorpe with Lomban and El Arabi scoring for Rangers.

Rochdale won 3-2 at home to Northampton Town.Martinez scored twice for Rochdale with Taison adding the other.It was a mixed day for Taison as an earlier own goal had put the cobblers in front.Rossi scored the other Northampton goal.

Birmingham City lost the midlands derby against Wolverhampton Wanderers 3-2.Two goals from Djuricic and a goal from Richards were enough to drag Wolves out of the relegation zone and into seventeenth place.Eduardo and Cardozo scored for Birmingham.

THE TITLE DECIDER

livesund.jpg

Liverpool and Sunderland square off in a winner takes all match to decide the fate of the Division one title, both teams are yet to win this title with both being runners up once before, Sunderland back in season two and Liverpool on season seven, both are locked on sixty-four points, Liverpool have the advantage of just needing a draw thanks to their superior goal difference.

There are match-ups all over the park but the two players for either side who have been most fruitful this season in terms of goals and assists will probably decide where the title ends up at this season.

LP_zps83e434a9.jpg

sd_zpsd46b8e21.jpg

I am sure this will be a great game and whatever the result it has been a great season in 7046 but who will be lifting the Trophy on Wednesday night, Will it be Dan or Raz?

Premiere-League-c-02.jpg

Premiere-League-c-02.jpg

LIVERPOOL WIN TITLE DECIDER

In what was the biggest night in Liverpool's history manager SMH went into tonight's game against Sunderland knowing just a point was needed to clinch the title, going into the game locked on points but with a goal difference advantage knowing that only a defeat would be enough to stop the lifting of the prize.

Looking at Sunderland's last games there was a strong possibility that they were going to set out in a 5-4-1 as they were having great success with that, for me I was hoping they would play that as that would mean I would have a great chance of parking the bus if I matched the tactics, as expected Sunderland did set out in the 5-4-1, we had the same 5-4-1 but an added in tactic of the long ball, yes a bit anti-football but who cares when a title is on the line, the atmosphere was tense but in the sixth minute Mario Gomez had the Anfield crowd in raptures when he put Liverpool 1-0 up, that euphoria was short lived though as the lineman waved the offside flag to the dismay of the Liverpool faithful, the game was pretty boring bar a few free kicks, the game remained tense and the scoreline remained the same, when it got to the 60th minute Liverpool switched to a defensive 5-4-1 to try and maintain the status quo, on came recent purchase from Sunderland Alex Sandro for Castan and Willian for Mario Gomez but it was Sunderland substitue Dzeko who turned the game on its head when he put Sunderland 1-0 up in the 69th minute and with that goal the Anfield crowd was silenced but virtually from the kick-off Liverpool attacked and former Sunderland left-back Sandro found himself in space, he crossed the ball to Thiago Silva who struck the ball ferociously like he was a striker and to the delight of the crowd equalized for Liverpool, it was all square Liverpool are 19 minutes from glory.

The drama in the game was not to end there as from the kick-off Sunderland found themselves with a free-kick on the edge of the box with Reus crossing a delightful ball to Fabregas who met it with a fantastic header but Neuer was up to the task and pulled off a fantastic save to keep the game level, Sandro nearly got his second assist of the game when he found Rooney but Rooney couldn't direct the ball on goal.

Full Time and the Liverpool fans invaded the pitch, grown men were crying whilst kids rejoiced, yes it has took a while coming but what a game, what a season, Liverpool are champions at last.
I don't really know what to say, I am over the moon, what a game credit to Sunderland for pushing it all the way to the last game, when I look back now at the bad spell we hit at the beginning of February, when we lost to Bury, Everton and Man United and drew with Stoke, through that four game spell our confidence was at its lowest and I thought we had blown out chance but to finish the season with a seven game unbeaten run is all credit to the caliber of players we have at the club.It was a tight league with just three points separating the top five clubs that is testament to how tough it is in here.

18338.jpg

I am delighted to get the winning goal, what a season, this place is like a home to me, I am so happy for the players and for the fans, Y.N.W.A

Premiere-League-c-02.jpg

LIVERPOOL WIN TITLE DECIDER

In what was the biggest night in Liverpool's history manager SMH went into tonight's game against Sunderland knowing just a point was needed to clinch the title' date=' going into the game locked on points but with a goal difference advantage knowing that only a defeat would be enough to stop the lifting of the prize.

Looking at Sunderland's last games there was a strong possibility that they were going to set out in a 5-4-1 as they were having great success with that, for me I was hoping they would play that as that would mean I would have a great chance of parking the bus if I matched the tactics, as expected Sunderland did set out in the 5-4-1, we had the same 5-4-1 but an added in tactic of the long ball, yes a bit anti-football but who cares when a title is on the line, the atmosphere was tense but in the sixth minute Mario Gomez had the Anfield crowd in raptures when he put Liverpool 1-0 up, that euphoria was short lived though as the lineman waved the offside flag to the dismay of the Liverpool faithful, the game was pretty boring bar a few free kicks, the game remained tense and the scoreline remained the same, when it got to the 60th minute Liverpool switched to a defensive 5-4-1 to try and maintain the status quo, on came recent purchase from Sunderland Alex Sandro for Castan and Willian for Mario Gomez but it was Sunderland substitue Dzeko who turned the game on its head when he put Sunderland 1-0 up in the 69th minute and with that goal the Anfield crowd was silenced but virtually from the kick-off Liverpool attacked and former Sunderland left-back Sandro found himself in space, he crossed the ball to Thiago Silva who struck the ball ferociously like he was a striker and to the delight of the crowd equalized for Liverpool, it was all square Liverpool are 19 minutes from glory.

The drama in the game was not to end there as from the kick-off Sunderland found themselves with a free-kick on the edge of the box with Reus crossing a delightful ball to Fabregas who met it with a fantastic header but Neuer was up to the task and pulled off a fantastic save to keep the game level, Sandro nearly got his second assist of the game when he found Rooney but Rooney couldn't direct the ball on goal.

Full Time and the Liverpool fans invaded the pitch, grown men were crying whilst kids rejoiced, yes it has took a while coming but what a game, what a season, Liverpool are champions at last.

[/b']

18338.jpg

Congrats on the title!

new2.jpg

Sturridge Steers Derby County To Premier League Promotion

Derby County won 2nd successive promotion after several twists in dramatic last days in the Championship.

March 6, 2014

D
erby County are promoted to the Premier League after

a dramatic win against Wigan Athletic combined with Milton

Keynes Don's defeat to Preston North End saw them secure

second place.

Derby were in 7th place with 3 games to go needing all

three points for the remaining matches and rival's team

to drop some points. With "Tactical Genius" Kai in charge,

nothing seems impossible and he managed to do so.

It was the man in form
Daniel Sturridge
who won the game

for Derby County. The only goal in game comes in 41 minutes

after
Florenzi
plays a defence-splitting pass to Sturridge who

fires a low shot past
Valdes
with ease.
Sturridge
joins 2nd

with
Defoe
in goalscoring table with 20 goals, 8 goals behind

the top scorer
Welbeck

DanielSturridgeEvertonvLiverpoolplnC0jBAELKl.jpg

Kai warns Premier league team,
This is just the beginning. I'm eager to show what this talented

team can do against "Big Gun". I know my limit which is unlimited.

I believe we will set the world alight (next season).

Related Link

Team

Derby County

Milton Keynes Dons

Wigan athletic

Preston North End

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 38-PT 1

A 1-0 win at home to Ipswich Town saw Paul Smut's Brighton and Hove Albion clinch the Division Three title.Bacca got the all important goal for Albion after sixty seven minutes.

Coventry City claimed a play off spot with a 2-1 win at home to Peterborough United who claimed automatic promotion despite the defeat.Modeste put Peterborough in front but goals from Kerzhakov and Yanga-Mbiwa won the match for City.Posh manager Frozen Tekkers can now prepare for life in Division Two next season.

Bottom club Bournemouth were already relegated and won 4-1 at home to Swindon Town who lost out on automatic promotion and now face the play offs.The cherries won with a brace from Ideye and goals from Yacob and Kruse.Cattermole got the consolation for the robins.

Rotherham United will contest the play offs after finishing fourth with a 2-1 win at home to Reading.Josue and Popov scored for United with Baston on target for Reading.

Plymouth Argyle drew 1-1 at home to Barnsley who claimed the final play off spot.Hamouma opened the scoring for Barnsley before Vardy equalised for the pilgrims in the second half.Barnsley confirmed Craig Braidwood as their new manager after the game.

DIVISION 3 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 38-PT 2

QPR ended their season with a 3-1 win at home to Leicester City.Boussoufa and two goals from Ya Konan had given Rangers a commanding lead before Joaquin got one back for Leicester.

Unmanaged Southampton won 2-1 at home to Rochdale.Gourcuff and Koybasi scored for the saints with Laporte on target for Rochdale.The Southampton board will be hoping to announce a new manager soon in preparation for next season.

Shorpe United were beaten 4-2 at home by Northampton Town.Rossi got two for the cobblers with Bony and Moreno also adding to the scoresheet.Fernandez and Boselli scored for Shorpe.

Dagenham and Redbridge lost the fight to avoid relegation as they were beaten 2-0 at home by Birmingham City.This match was winner take all as the loser would be relegated.City were the side who turned up on the day and had wrapped things up before half time with goals from Birsa and Cardozo.

Rick James Wolverhampton Wanderers filled the third relegation spot as they were beaten 1-0 at home by Glory Days Chesterfield who saved themselves with the win.Rodrigo got the winning goal three minutes after the break.

END OF SEASON AWARDS~QUESTIONNAIRE

ec-blog-head.png

Fill out as many or as little categories as you wish and send them either by mail to myself or post them on my wall, we used to have Jooles doing these and I loved reading these awards at the end of the season, we never had any last season so I thought I would try and take over the mantle to get them back on the board, every response is appreciated, lets make this a cracking awards, I haven't set a deadline for when they have to be in for but the sooner the better and remember NO voting for yourself.

For Each Division (you can vote for all 4 divisions, or if you choose just the one you are in)

Manager (Club) of the season:

Div 1: Div 2: Div 3: Div 4:

Player of the season (please list player and club):

Young player of the season (23-and-under) (please list player and club):

Most under-achieving manager/club:

Most over-achieving manager/club:

Best transfer deal (please list player and club):

Most successful manager/club in the transfer market:

Best tactician:

For the Set-up as a whole

Manager (Club) of the season:

Player of the season (please list player and club):

Young player of the season (23-and-under) (please list player and club):

Most under-achieving manager/club:

Most over-achieving manager/club:

Most promising manager (must have just joined this season):

Best team rivalry:

For the setup as a whole (cont)

The Houdini Award (for best relegation escape act):

Best transfer deal (please list player and club):

Most successful manager/club in the transfer market:

The Fall from grace award (manager/team that failed to live up to past seasons):

The Choker Award

Most entertaining Division:

Best tactician:

Team tipped to achieve great things next season:

Other

Best forum contributor:

Best Transfer/Match/Other Reports:

Forum personality of the season:

The Come Back We Miss You Award (for either a departed manager or absent forumer on the 7046 thread):

Story of the season (please list):

And here we are the 7046 End of season awards, starting in reverse order, scroll down to next award.

L5MBwJY.png

DIVISION FOUR END OF SEASON AWARDS

Club manager of the season

Winner: Norwich/ruts66 (24 votes)

Joint runners up: Burton/Ashley Holtom & Ashley Kirk (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Oldham/Cathal Crumlish (8 votes);

Season 2: Brighton/Ashh (10 votes);

Season 3: Dagenham/Wozlives (3 votes);

Season 4: Notts County/DarloFC (4 votes);

Season 5: No awards;

Season 6: Tranmere/Mr Active (11 votes)

sEASON 7: Swindon/Paul Gibson (15 votes)

Season 8: No awards

MOTSd4_zps4786c55f.jpg

Norwich claim a clean cut victory with an unprecedented 24 votes, Ruts took over from MiYkEl Santos after seven league games and wowed the division with his tactical masterclass.

Player of the Season

Winner: Alvaro Morata/Accrington Stanley (12 votes)

Runner up: Goncalves Jonas/Oldham (4 votes)

3rd place: Bent/Hartlepool United(3 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1 Jason Scotland/Oldham (7 votes);

Season 2: Danny Welbeck/Accrington Stanley (7 votes);

Season 3 – Durán Nolito/Dagenham, Tino Costa/Dagenham, & Micheal Ballack/Chesterfield (1 vote);

Season 4: Sercan YildIrim/Hartlepool (6 votes);

Seasons 5 & 6: no award.

Season 7: Odion Ighalo/Colchester (16 votes)

45710.jpg

Morata scoops the Division 4 Player of the Year award

Young Player of the Season

Winner: Alvaro Morata/Accrington (11 votes)

Joint runners up: Wakaso/Sheffield Wednesday & Ezekiel/Accrington (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Wilfred Zaha/Shrewsbury (4 votes);

Season 2: Danny Welbeck/Accrington Stanley (7 votes);

Season 3: Herique Walter/Rotherham, Toni Kroos/Wycombe, & Adel Taarabt/Tranmere (1 vote)

Season 4: Sercan Yildrim/Hartlepool (3 votes);

Seasons 5 & 6: no award.

Season 7 : Mateus Kelvin/Accrington Stanley (17 votes)

carla-barber-girlfriend-of-alvaro-morata.jpg?w=300&h=223

What a night, Alvaro Morata takes home the Division 4 Player of the season & Young player of the Season award and celebrates this by going home with a nice bit of eye candy.

Most Under-Achieving Club/Manager

Winner: Cardiff/Paul Closey 6 votes

Oldham/Ashley Kirk 5 votes

Millwall/Craig 2 votes

Previous Winners: Season 1: Tranmere/Villa888 (4 votes);

Season 2: Swindon/Tom MFC (8 votes);

Season 3: Fred Keenor/Southampton (2 votes);

Season 4: Steve025/Tranmere (2 votes);

Season 5: No Awards;

Season 6: DanielLoong/Southend (6 votes)

Season 7: Closey/Cardiff (18 votes)

165012893_2802528062001_vs-52775399e4b0f39210bbacfd-767904719001.jpg?pubId=165012893

In the land of sheep, even Vincent Tan is more popular than manager Paul Closey.

Most Over-Achieving Club/Manager

Winner: Norwich/Ruts66 (5 votes)

Runner up: Burton/Ashlay Holtom(4 votes)

Others: Millwall/Shreswbury/Oldham (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Bury/Lenny59 (4 votes);

Season 2: Exeter City/Crawfski(5 votes) ;

Season 3: Dagenham/wozlives (2 votes);

Season 4: DarloFC/Notts County (2 votes);

Season 6: jharman/Bournemouth (9 votes)

Season 7: Dagenham/wozlives (10 votes)

canary-mag-4x3132-1420571_478x359.jpg

In a tight affair Norwich just pip Burton to the most overachieving club award.

Best Transfer Deal

Joint winners: Barrios-Millwall & Morata-Stanley & Not a scooby (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Matt Jarvis - Dagenham & Wilfred Zaha – Shrewsbury (2 votes);

Season 2: Ibrahim Afellay to Aldershot (3 votes);

Season 3: Bobby Zamora to Accrington Stanley & Manu Del Moral to Wycombe (1 vote)

Season 4: Beckham to Stockport (2 votes);

Season 5 & 6: No award.

Season 7: Mateo Kovacic to Leyton Orient (2 votes)

scooby-doo-football.jpg

Signing of the Season?

Most Successful Club/Manager in the Transfer Market

Joint Winners: Oldham/Ashley Kirk & Accrington/Wayne Harman (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Brighton/Ashh, Dagenham/R0b Walshe, & Hartlepool/Fernando (2 votes);

Season 2: Brighton/Ashh (8 votes);

Season 3: Shehan/Wycombe & MisterMalcom/Yeovil (1 vote)

Season 4: Stockport (3 votes);

Seasons 5 & 6: No award.

Season 7: Accrington Stanley/harmenw84 (3 votes)

oldham-athletic-accrington-stanley-1540028.png

With just a solitary vote each Oldham and Accrington share the award.

------------------------------------

9E2k2qh.png

FORUM AWARDS PART 1

Best Forum Contributor

Winner: SMH (13 votes)

Runner-up: Craig (8 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Jooles (17 votes);

Season 2: Jooles (22 votes);

Season 3: Steve025 (11 votes);

Season 4: Longnose (8 votes);

Season 6: jharman (3 votes)

Season 7: Jooles (13 votes)

Season 8: No Awards

Rise-of-the-Planet-of-the-007.jpg

Not sure he looks too pleased but SMH takes the award for best forum contributor.

UfZiB4v.png

DIVISION THREE END of SEASON AWARDS

Club/Manager of the Season

Winner: Brighton (14 votes)

Runners up: Peterborough/Peterborough (5 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Plymouth/Predator (16 votes);

Season 2: Bury/Lenny59 (12 votes);

Season 3: Charlton/Hog0101 (5 votes)

Season 4: Carlisle/Alurcard (6 votes);

Season 5: No Awards.

Season 6: Southampton/Rick James (15 votes)

Season 7: Walsall/BigTunna (16 votes)

div3_zpsb249aef0.jpg

Manager Paul Smut doesn't usually get invited to awards ceremonies, you might have guessed as he is not exactly dressed for the occasion, nice work nonetheless.

Player of the Season

Winner: Jackson Martinez (13 votes)

Runner up: Ciro Immobile (4 votes)

3rd place: Sow (3 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Goncalves Edu/Plymouth (9 votes);

Season 2: Alessandro Matri/Rochdale (7 votes);

Season 3: Emmanuel Adebayor/Carlisle (3 votes)

Season 4: Emmanuel Adebayor/Carlisle (6 votes);

Seasons 5 & 6: No Awards.

Season 7: Kevin Kuranyi/Hull City (17 votes)

1141091.jpg

Jackson Arley Martínez Valencia scoops the Division three player of the season award.

Winner: El Shaarawy (6 votes)

Runner up: Benteke (3 votes)

3rd Place: Ciro Immobile(2 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Tomas Necid/Coventry (6 votes);

Season 2: Jamie White/Southampton (5 votes);

Season 3: Krkic Bojan/Sheff Wed (3 votes)

Season 4: Silva Neymar/Ipswich (4 votes);

Seasons 5 & 6: No Award.

2137858545.jpg

El Sharaawy in a Christ pose on hearing the news of his Division three Young player of the season award.

Winner: Wolves (12 votes)

Runners up: Bournemouth/ Northampton(3 votes)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Swindon Town/Tom MFC (4 votes);

Season 2: Southampton/Gary Khaw (4 votes);

Season 3: Matty-AVFC/Aston Villa (3 votes)

Season 4: Mahya/Aston Villa & Dazinho/Crystal Palace (2 votes);

Season 6: Cardiff City/Closey (7 votes)

Season 7: Northampton/A2R (13 votes)

walsall-wolves.png

A message of hope from the Walsall twitter feed to the most underachieving club in Division three.

Winner: Peterborough (7 votes)

Runner up: Brighton (5 votes)

3rd Place:Plymouth (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Bristol Rovers/drseanfitz (5 votes);

Season 2: Lenny59/Bury (4 votes);

Season 3: Jozua/Norwich (4 votes)

Season 4: GaryMack/Rochdale (3 votes);

Season 6: Southampton/Rock James (6 1/2 votes)

Season 7: Barnsley/Steve025 (10 votes)

1st-place-trophy.jpg

Peterborough win the Most over-achieving club award, I wonder if this will make up for blowing the league title?

Best Transfer Deal

Joint Winners:Boucher-Birmingham/Lisandro Lopez-Barnsley (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Neven Subotic to Coventry (6 votes);

Season 2: Emmanuel Adebayor to Carlisle United (4 votes);

Season 3: No winner – no votes received! (0 votes)

Season 4: André Ayew to Swansea, Moussa Dembele to Walsall, & Manuel Schmiedebach to Swansea (1 vote)

Seasons 5 & 6: No award.

Season 7: Matic to Walsall (3 votes)

Best-Deal5.gif

Boucher and Lopez proved to be the best deals in Division three.

Joint winners: Swindon/Ipswich/Peterborough (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Plymouth/Predator (7 votes);

Season 2: Carlisle United/Alurcard ( 4 votes);

Season 3: Carlisle United/Alurcard & GaryMack/Rochdale (1 vote)

Season 4: Alurcard/Carlisle & Zakkoo/Swansea (2 votes)

Season 7: Northampton/A2R (5 votes)

eaw2.jpg

Swindon, Ipswich & Peterborough share the award for best in the transfer market.

Best Tactician

Winner: Peterborough (5 votes)

Runners up: Brighton/Swindon (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Seasons 1 to 6: No previous award.

Season 7: Steve025/Barnsley & BigTunna/Walsall (5 votes)

3-5-2-tactic.jpg

Peterborough Boss Frozen proves to be the best tactician in Division three.

------------------------

9E2k2qh.png

FORUM AWARDS P3

Best Transfer/Match Reports

Winner: Wozlives(7 votes)

Runnerup: SMH (4 votes)

3rd place: Craig (2 votes)

Others: Longnose/Hancock (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Jooles (17 votes);

Season 2: Jooles (10 votes);

Season 3: Steve025 (15 votes)

Season 4: Steve025 (11 votes);

Season 6: wozlives (4 votes)

Season 7: Steve025 (13 ½ votes)

trophy.jpg

Wozlives with his weekly Division three reviews wins the Best match reports award and deservedly so.

Z8kTajS.png

DIVISION TWO END OF SEASON AWARDS

Winner: Walsall/Tony Harman (27 votes)

Runners up: Blackpool/Derby (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Middlesbrough/Jooles (14 votes);

Season 2: Bristol City/Shack (14 votes);

Season 3: Huddersfield/Sirmarkhughes (10 votes)

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (12 votes);

Season 6: Carlisle/Alurcard (11 votes)

Season 7: Bury/Lenny59 (14 votes)

div2mots_zps6ecb9d3e.jpg

Walsall boss Tony Harman takes the Division Two Manager of the season award.

Player of the Season

Winner: Danny Welbeck/Swansea (11 votes)

Runer up: Daniel Sturridge/Derby (5 votes)

3rd place: Robert Lewandowski/Newcastle (4 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Antonio Di Natale/QPR (8 votes);

Season 2: Roman Pavlyuchenko/Bristol City (16 votes);

Season 3: Fernando Torres/Man City (3 votes)

Season 4: Andrés Iniesta/Forest (8 votes);

Season 7: Samuel Eto’o/Stoke City (11 votes)

BTMHiSxCcAEziM0.jpg

Danny Welbeck claims the Division Two Player of the season award, not sure if he will be there next season though as rumour has it that he has signed for Tesco.

Winner: Danny Welbeck (8 votes)

Runer up: Lamela (2 votes)

Others: Sturridge/Atsu( 1 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Mario Balotelli/Forest (7 votes);

Season 2: Mesut Ozil/Man City (4 votes);

Season 3: Christian Eriksen/Derby (3 votes)

Season 4: Julian Schieber/Blackpool (9 votes);

Season 7: Erik Lamela/Portsmouth (18 votes)

Danny-Welbeck_0.jpg

A double scoop for Welbeck as he takes the Division two Young player of the season award.

Unanimous winner: Man City (20 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Leicester City/Gozzy (4 votes);

Season 2: Aston Villa/KieranBHA (11 votes);

Season 3: Zakkoo/Swansea & Legendary Manager/Ipswich (3 votes)

Season 4: Leicester City/Gozzy (6 votes);

Season 6: Swansea City/Zakkoo (11 votes)

Season 7: Sunderland/Raz (8 votes)

it-aint-clever-1993-unanimous-decision.jpg

By virtue of a unanimous decision, Man City are branded the most under-achieving side in the division, Yes "It aint clever."

Winner: Walsall/Tony Harman (8 votes)

Runner up: Sheffield United/Longnose(2 votes)

Others: MK Dons/Blackpool/Swansea/Ntts County (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Doncaster Rovers/Manveen Chohan (7 votes);

Season 2: Bristol City/Shack (6 votes);

Season 3: Sirmarkhughes (8 votes)

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (7 votes);

Season 6: Exeter City/Crawski (11 votes)

Season 7: Bury/Lenny59 (26 votes)

491-thickbox.jpg

Walsall boss Tony Harman scoops another award and the fans love him for guiding them to the promised land.

Best Transfer Deal

Winner: Ronaldo to Man City (2 votes)

Others: Koke to MK Dons,Ibra to MK Dons (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Xavi to Middlesbrough (9 votes);

Season 2: Adam Johnson to Watford (6 votes);

Season 3: Nicolas Lombaerts to Huddersfield,

Toni Kroos to Swansea, Dirk Kuyt to Burnley, & Zhirkov to Sheff Utd (1 vote)

Season 4: Leandro Damiao to Preston, Mauricio Isla to Preston,

& Giampaolo Pazzini to West Ham (2 votes);

Season 7: Sanchez for Matuidi & Lulic/Burnley, Lewandowski to Newcastle, Van Ginkel to Sunderland,

De Sciglio & Rafael for Piszcek/Sunderland, Caracers & Parker for Jovetic/Sunderland,

Subotic to Wigan, & De Gea for Ter Ste Stegen & Fischer (etc.)/Sunderland (1 vote)

o-RONALDO-AND-MESSI-570.jpg

No more rivalry as Ronaldo joins up with Messi and Co at Man City.

Winner: MK Dons (2 votes)

Runnets up: Sheff United/Walsall (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Season 1: Middlesbrough/Jooles (9 votes);

Season 2: MK Dons/Kaptain Kloss (4 votes);

Season 3: Swansea/Zakkoo (3 votes)

Season 4: Preston/MUTD (7 votes);

Season 7: Sunderland/MUTD (11 votes)

mk-dons-player-4x392-297192_478x359.jpg

Where there is a Will there is a way at MK Dons regarding transfers.

Best Tactician

Winner: Walsall( 5 votes)

Runners up: Huddersfield/Preston (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Seasons 1 to 6: No previous award.

Season 7: Reggu Nder/Stoke City (6 votes)

soccer-offensive-tactics-4.jpg

Walsall boss Tony 'Top Brother' Harman knows his stuff.

-----------------------------

9E2k2qh.png

Forum Awards – Part 3

Forum Personality of the Season

Joint Winners: Dom Latouche & SMH (4 votes)

Runners up: Raz & Craig (3 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Jooles (14 votes);

Season 2: Dom Latouche (15 votes);

Season 3: Longnose (7 votes)

Season 4: Dom Latouche (10 votes);

Season 6: Alurcard, Dom Latouche & sirmarkhughes (3 votes)

Season 7: Jooles (13 votes)

116957.jpg

On the podium for Forum personality of the year were the three stoogies(Raz,Dom & Dan) being kept in line by taskmaster Craig, in the end Dom and Dan share the award.

XV8fUNE.png

DIVISION ONE END OF SEASON AWARDS

Winner: SMH/Liverpool (24 votes)

Runner up: Anth/Carlisle (3 votes)

Others: Raz/Sunderland, Dom/Fulham, West Brom (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: West Ham/Infernito (9 votes);

Season 2: Nottingham Forest/BigGameMo (6 votes);

Season 3: SpursBen/Newman (3 votes)

Season 4: Middlesbrough/Jooles (12 votes);

Season 6: Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (18 votes)

Season 7: Middlesbrough/Jooles (21 votes)

MOTSd1_zps7716dba6.jpg

SMH collects the award for Club manager of the season.

Player of the Season

Winner: Gareth Bale/Spurs(8 votes)

Runner up: Rooney/Liverpool (7 votes)

3rd place: Eto'o (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Wayne Rooney/Man Utd (13 votes);

Season 2: Wayne Rooney/Man Utd (14 votes);

Season 3: Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Spurs (4 votes);

Season 4: Zlatan Ibrahimovic/Spurs (9 votes);

Season 7: Robin Van Persie/Spurs (18 votes)

showbiz-gareth-bale.jpg

Gareth Bale collects the Player for the season award with 15 goals and 24 assists.

Winner: Schurlle/Carlisle(5 votes)

Runner up: Dzagoev/Carlisle (4 votes)

3rd Place: Neymar (3 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Luis Suarez/Sunderland (6 votes);

Season 2: Sergio Aguero/Liverpool (6 votes);

Season 3: Thomas Muller/Man Utd, Juan Mata/West Ham,

Jack Rodwell/Bristol City, & Pablo Piatti (Fulham) (1 vote);

Season 4: Gareth Bale/Spurs (8 votes);

Season 7: Andre Schurrle/Carlisle (18 votes)

0,,10268~12032176,00.jpg

Schurlle beats off club colleague Dzagoev for young player of the season.

Winner: Man United/SOP(15 votes)

Runner up: Notts Forest/Mo (2 votes)

Others: Dom/Fulham & Jooles/Boro (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Man City/El Nino (12 votes);

Season 2: Arsenal/Mr Snooky (3 votes);

Season 3: BigGameMo/Notts Forest (3 votes)

Season 4: Sunderland/Dave Jones (7 votes);

Season 6: Man City/Predator (8 votes)

Season 7: Arsenal/Said7Fabregas (23 votes)

SOP_zpsddbc5ede.jpg

If any of you are wondering how to change Champions to Chumps buy SOP's book it is all explained, David Moyes says he loves his copy.

Winner: Fulham/Dom (7 votes)

Runner up: Carlisle/Anth (3 votes)

3rd Place: Bury/Noisy (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: West Ham/Infernito (11 votes);

Season 2: Nottingham Forest/BiggaMemo (8 votes);

Season 3: Wolves/KylanN17 (5 votes)

Season 4: Middlesbrough/Jooles (7 votes);

Season 6: Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (14 votes)

Season 7: Middlesbrough/Jooles (9 votes)

1st-place-trophy.jpg

Fulham have over achieved this season and have managed to come first in something, not the league mind.

Best Transfer Deal

Winner: Kroos-Everton (3 votes)

Runner up: Ter Stegen-Bolton (2 votes)

Others: Hazard-Sunderland, Strootman-Sunderland, Thiago-Man United, Long-West Brom (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Torres for Messi (6 votes);

Season 2: Ronaldo to Chelsea (3 votes);

Season 3: Iniesta to Forest (3 votes)

Season 4: Rooney + Thiago to Liverpool, Man City getting Rooney for Torres, Mario Gotze to Everton;

Season 7: Zlatan Ibrahimovic to MK Dons (4 votes)

toni-kroos-mit-seinem-sohn-leon.jpg

Toni Kroos is the division one signing of the season, like taking candy from a baby.

Winner: Raz/Sunderland (7 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Newcastle/Dudeskin (3 votes);

Season 2: Fulham/Dom Latouche and Spurs/jr231990 (3 votes);

Season 3: Chelsea/TheDuffman (3 votes);

Season 4: Bristol City/KangarooJack09 & Fulham/Dom Latouche (3 votes)

Season 7: Huddersfield/Pitung Drughi (3 votes)

WA2385401.jpg

Raz and his assistant discussing future transfers.

Best Tactician

Winner: SMH/Liverpool (5 votes)

Runner up: Anth/Carlisle (2 votes)

Others: Bolton,Leeds,Bury (1 vote)

Season 7: Jooles/Middlesbrough (11 votes)

d0eda41a3620c71a0b603efb9ca0fcdde55d684c.png

SMH is the master of the 4-4-3!

---------------

9E2k2qh.png

Forum Awards – Part 4

Come Back We Miss You Award

Winner: Jooles/Boro (9 votes)

Others: Anth/Carlisle, Rob Walshe, Aaron Duffy, Sean Fitz, Maoam (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Seasons 1-3: Category did not exist…

Season 4: Rob Walshe (5 votes);

Season 6: Dudeskin & Jooles (3 votes each)

Season 7: GaryMack (3 ½ votes)

rat-s-nest-cave-at-canmore.jpg

The come back we miss you award goes to our very own Canadian cave dweller Mr Jooles Dawson, some say he only timed his comeback to coincide with the end of season awards as this was his only chance of winning something this season, he does have previous for it so the rumours may be true.

mzeEAOR.png

OVERALL AWARDS PART II

The Fall from Grace Award

Winner: SOP/Man United (7 votes)

Runner up: Shack/Everton (4 votes)

Others:Jooles/Boro, Vik/Man City (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1:No previous winners;

Season 2: Ditto;

Season 3: Forest/BiggaMemo (10 votes);

Season 4: Sunderland/Dave Jones (4 votes);

Season 6: Middlesbrough/Jooles (6 ½ votes)

Season 7: Man Utd/SOP (7 votes)

tweet2_1895290a.jpg

Sop wins the fall from Grace award for his lacklustre season, to the average football fan, few things are as soporific as watching Man United over the last few seasons.

The Choker Award

Winner: Dom Latouche/Fulham (6.5 votes)

Runner up: Raz/Sunderland (2.5 votes)

3rd place: Peterborough (1 vote)

Previous Winners: Seasons 1-5: No previous category;

Season 6: Fulham/Dom Latouche (6 votes)

Season 7: Spurs/Newman (8 votes)

choker1_zps672b5af1.jpg

The 'People's Champion' takes his badge as a recognized choker, One day I will.............

Most Entertaining Division

Winner: Division 1 (19 votes)

Runer up: Division 2 (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1:No previous winners;

Season 2: Ditto;

Season 3: Division 2 (16 votes);

Season 4: Division 1 & Division 2 (7 votes);

Season 6: Division 1 (7 votes)

Season 7: Division 2 (9 votes)

7046_zps2fd38456.jpg

The exciting finish to the season was enjoyed by many.

Best Tactician

Winner: Liverpool (4 votes)

Runner up: Walsall/Tony Harman (3 votes)

3rd Place: Fulham/Dom Latouche (2 votes)

Season 7: Jooles/Middlesbrough (9 votes)

d0eda41a3620c71a0b603efb9ca0fcdde55d684c.png

In a close finish SMH wins the best tactician award from Tony and Dom.

Team Tipped for Next Season

Winner: Man City (6 votes)

Runners up: Derby/Walsall/Bolton (2 votes)

Others: Sunderland, Carlisle, Ipswich, Barnsley, Mk Dons (1 vote)

Season 7: Gillingham/Burrow27 & Northampton/A2R (3 votes)

Nike-Greatness.jpg

Man City destined for greatness?

------------------------------------

9E2k2qh.png

Forum Awards – Part 5

Story of the Season

I will leave you all to work out who won this as it is a tough call.

Dom/Fulham choking for the 5th season in a row too throw away the league title

Dv 1 last day of season / play offs

Walsall beating all opposition to get the division 2 title

Liverpool-Sunderland Draw, 3 teams on 65.

Derby secure auto promotion, Watford survive on last day.

Brighton win title on last day.

Chesterfield leapfrog 3 teams to survive.

4-4 draw secures 2nd place for Burton.

Shrewsbury get into playoffs on last day.

Three-way tie at top of Div 1

Special mention to Craig for all the work he does for the setup

Back to back titles for Walsall.

LIVERPOOL

Dom lose on title again.

Div 1 run in

The battle fort the division 1 title

Liverpool winning the title/Derby getting back to back promotions

Liverpool - Sunderland title race

Div 1 title race

Dom and Raz being such sh*thouses

Last day title decider between Raz & Dan

Again the tittle battle in DIV 1

Previous Winners: Season 1: The division 2 title race (4 votes);

Season 2: Bury’s back-to-back promotions and the departure from EC7046 of Dave Izod (3 votes each);

Season 3: The Hugh Latimer Saga (6 votes);

Season 4: Latty vs. the 3-5-2/The Hugh Latimer Saga/Longnose’s Latimer saga/Old Latty and his turbulent times (5 votes);

Season 6: Exeter winning through the playoffs to get to Division 1 (3 ½ votes)

Season 7: Swansea winning the English Shield and getting promoted, and the return of Longnose to Sheff Utd. (2 votes)

mzeEAOR.png

OVERALL SET UP AWARDS

Winner: SMH/Liverpool (13 votes)

Runner up: Tony Harman/Walsall (10 votes)

3rd Place: Norwich (5 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Plymouth/Predator & West Ham/Infernito (7 votes);

Season 2: Bury/Lenny59 (15 votes);

Season 3: Huddersfield/Sirmarkhughes (13 votes);

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (14 ½ votes);

Season 6: Carlisle/Alurcard (10 votes)

Season 7: Middlesbrough/Jooles (16 ½ votes)

MOTSd1_zps7716dba6.jpg

Capping the season off in fine style is SMH with club manager of the Season, closely followed by the ever impressive Mr. Tony Harman.

Player of the Season

Winner: Wayne Rooney (6 votes)

Runer up: Danny Welbeck (5 votes)

3rd Place: Gareth Bale (4 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Wayne Rooney – Man Utd (14 votes);

Season 2: Roman Pavlyuchenko – Bristol City (14 votes);

Season 3: Emmanuel Adebayor - Carlisle (8 votes)

Season 4: Emmanuel Adebayor - Carlisle (15 votes);

Season 5: No Awards but probably would have been Adebayor.

Season 6: Emmanuel Adebayor - Carlisle/Walsall (14 votes)

Season 7: Roberto Van Persie/Spurs (10 ½ votes)

Wayne-Rooney-and-Jack-Wil-008.jpg

Wayne looking forward to doing it all again!

Winner: Danny Welbeck (7 votes)

Runner up: Alvaro Morata (4 votes)

Others : Schurlle & Rafael (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Mario Balotelli – Notts Forest (7 votes);

Season 2: Danny Welbeck/Accrington Stanely (16 votes);

Season 3: Krkic Bojan/Sheff Wed (9 votes)

Season 4: Gareth Bale/Spurs & Sercan Yildirim/Hartlepool (7 votes)

Seasons 5 & 6: No award

Season 7: Andre Schurrle/Carlisle (9 votes)

Season 8: No Award

Welbeck_2927215.jpg

Oh Danny Boy, runner up in the player of the season but rewarded with the young player of the season award.

Winner: Man City (16 votes)

Runner up: Man United (3 votes)

3rd Place: Bournemouth (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Manchester City/El Nino (18 votes);

Season 2: Aston Villa/KieranBHA (24 votes);

Season 3: Forest/BigGameMo (5 votes)

Season 4: Man City/Predator & Newcastle/David Jones (5 votes);

Season 6: Man City/Predator (7 votes)

Season 7: Arsenal/Said7Fabregas (17 votes)

dfsdfsdfsdf.jpg

City step up to win this award for the fourth time from the seven recorded seasons, consistent.

Winner: Walsall (5 votes)

Runner up: Norwich (3 votes)

3rd Place: Burton/Derby( 2 votes)

others: West Brom, Sunderland, Bury, Gillingham, Middlesborough, Brighton (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: West Ham/Infernito (15 votes);

Season 2: Bury/Lenny59 (8 votes); Season

3: Huddersfield/Sirmarkhughes (13 votes);

Season 4: Norwich/Jozua (11 votes);

Season 6: Exeter City/Crawski (12 ½ votes)

Season 7: Bury/Lenny59 (11 votes)

div2mots_zps6ecb9d3e.jpg

Walsall boss Tony Harman wins the most over-achieving manager award for ensuring Walsall's route to the Premier.

Most Promising New Manager

Winner:Fallen Angel (3 votes)

Runners up: Villa, Tiger Baker, Jooles, Ole Gunnet Solskjaer, Richard007, Felix P, Adriano B (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: no award;

Season 2: Aston Villa/Matty-AVFC and Spurs/jr231990 (8 votes);

Season 3: Bristol City/jr231990 (2 votes)

Season 4: West Ham/drseanfitz (11 votes);

Season 7: Gillingham/Burrow27 (9 votes)

newbie_stickers-rb99f4ec944204428ab7c0d8b5add9ad1_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

Fallen Angel wins the most promising newbie award.

Best Team Rivalry

Winner: Liverpool/Sunderland/Fulham (9 votes)

Runner up: Sunderland-Anybody (2 votes)

Others: Man United-Fulham, Everton-Liverpool, Fulham-Anybody (1 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Category did not exist!;

Season 2: Boro vs. Fulham (15 votes);

Season 3: Chelsea vs. Spurs and Plymouth vs. Sheff Utd. (4 votes);

Season 4: Notts County vs. Stockport (8 votes);

Season 6: Fulham vs. Man Utd (5 votes)

Season 7: Boro vs. Liverpool (7 votes)

johnspringercollectioncorbis_3stooges4601.jpg

The three stoogies are at it again!

The Houdini Award

Wunner: Watford (5 votes)

Runner up: Bury (4 votes)

3rd Place: Shorpe (3 votes)

Other: Chesterfield (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: No award;

Season 2: No award;

Season 3: Doncaster Rovers/CCFC94 (5 votes)

Season 4: Doncaster Rovers/CCFC94 (11 votes);

Seasons 5 & 6: No Award

Season 7: West Ham/taylor8 (12 votes)

houdini_stamp.jpg

Watford scoop the Houdini award for managing to somehow escape relegation.

Best Transfer Deal

Winner: Ronaldo -Man City (3 votes)

Runners up: Thiago-Man United, Kompany-Man United (2 votes)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Xavi to Middlesbrough (6 votes);

Season 2: Emanuel Adebayor to Carlisle and Adam Johnson to Watford (7 votes);

Season 3: Iniesta to Forest (7 votes);

Season 4: Rooney to Man City (6 votes)

Season 7: Sunderland/Raz (9 votes)

RonaldoTwitter2.jpg

Ronaldo to Man City is best deal of the season.

Winner: Raz (10 votes)

Others: MK Dons, Hammer, Birmingham (1 vote)

Previous Winners:

Season 1: Middlesbrough/Jooles (9 votes);

Season 2: Carlisle United/Alurcard (12 votes);

Season 3: Chelsea/TheDuffman (4 votes);

Season 4: Preston/MUTD (6 votes);

Season 6: Carlisle/Alurcard (5 votes)

Season 7: Ibrahimovic to MK Dons (6 votes)

transfer-news-1-602x395.jpg

Raz is undoubtedly the king of transfers and will one day take over the world!

D3

NORTHAMPTON MANAGER INVOLVED IN LOVREN AFFAIR

The Cobblers completed their first close season transfer with the signing of Croat international defender Dejan Lovren from Ipswich Town.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFR3FfN9alugiAl-olvj5GayDjN1yGTuJizPcqlQcF7bPMhoflVA

The 24-year old (89 rated CB) has been one of the EPL's best defenders this season in a strong Saints team. If Saints start next season well it's hard not to see him hitting 90 and beyond.

The deal cost Cobblers the deaprture of Ogbonna (25yrs /88) who plays for Juve and a balance in cash that brings the total value up to £15m.

Northampton manager, Butcher of Montevideo

( who was named as the "best under-performing newcomer of EC7046" at the 2013/14 Awards Dinner), had this to say about the deal.

I've long-admired Lovren - who I think is a class act.

Getting him for £15m - or just over 30% above his CV is a great deal for our club.

I don't think Ipswich did too badly out of the deal either - as Ogbonna could also hit 89/90 for Juve and they also got some cash to fund other acquisitions.

It was nice doing a deal with Ipswich as we'd just missed out on their full back, Kieran Gibbs. He turned us down to join Will Trafford's MK Dons in Div 2 - which probably signals the end of his career

Lovren is immediately installed as captain and makes his debut tonight as Cobblers face Bury in a friendly

zWuILRN.png

First up for an interview is Richard007~Northampton Town

Hey there Richard or do you prefer Dick, just kidding welcome to Radio7046 FM, I am Dan and I will be your interviewer for today.

That’s “Mr Butcher” to you, nipper.

Haha no worries Mr Butcher, You inherited one of the most sought after young squads, are you going to stick with the AbdurRahmaan philosophy of buying young talents or are you going to mix it up a bit with some older players?

Well, that’s a very interesting question Dan – so I’m sure you must have had some help in thinking it up.It was a nice surprise to see the quality and youth of the squad I was inheriting and the original manager had done an outstanding job.It also showed me that, in financial terms, your only chance as a small club is to buy young and await ratings increases. So, yes, my philosophy will continue to be to buy under-25s, but they have to still be quality players.

You had a decent run in your dozen games tenure, you managed to climb Northampton out from the depths, Do you believe like most of the neutrals that they were in a false position when you took over?

It was certainly a very strange position for a squad like this to find itself in – so the outgoing manager was definitely doing “a Moyes”.Our run in gathered around 1.70 points per match – so enough to avoid relegation but not to make any headway on the top half of the table.I’ve found that when you take over a losing team (particularly with only a handful of games until the season end) it’s very hard to immediately go on a long, winning streak. It’s almost as though there are confidence issues to overcome. So basically, last season we were in survival mode – but much more hopeful about the season ahead.

Well the new season is upon us, with a fresh start where do you see yourself finishing this season?

If we get off to a good start then I can see us challenging for a top 6, if not a top 2, finish.The squad has the quality and is big enough – in fact, I wish we were playing in a 46-match season as that would play to our strengths.However, this isn’t a 100% occupied world by accident and all the best SMFA managers have found a place here – so there won’t be any easy opponents.There is also a liberal sprinkling of big clubs in Div 3 with some high ranking players – so if we meet their first XI and it is fully fit then we will struggle to take points off them.I think on ratings and salaries we rank in the top 6 of the division – so anything lower that would be a disappointment. Quietly confident.

If you were to pick out the three most dangerous teams in your division who would they be?

That’s a tricky one – because I only faced 12 teams last season and we held our own against most of them.Judging by the quality of the managers I have faced in other GWs – I’d have to say that Rotherham, Leicester and QPR are all strong. Rotherham and Leicester went close last season and I expect them to be challenging again.You’d have to say that Man City and West Ham (both down from Div 2) should also mount a serious challenge. There are others that are too hard to gauge – Ipswich, for example, have dramatically overhauled their squad and Birmingham (under Luis Veigas) have a good manager, but an average squad.I think anyone who finishes above Northampton is likely to be in an automatic promotion place – so I’d probably pick out Man City as the obvious choice. They have a host of 90s and also young Messi.

Thanks for the interview Richard, before you go though, you have been a bit outspoken in the media on managers being insulted by your offers, Do you see this as managers wanting too much for their players or just the fact that you are not up to terms with what assets really cost in this league?

I think I could have expressed myself better, to be sure, but there was a point behind what I was saying.Simply put, it was that just because a GW is 100% populated and good players are hard to come by, it does not translate (in my eyes) to a passive acceptance that every player MUST be sold for no less than 3 or 4 times cash value.I’ve always felt that the deals I have done have been fair to both sides – but what is “fair” very much depends on circumstances.If you know a manager is desperate for cash, then why offer him top dollar from the outset?I think my transfer record in 7046 bears this out. We’ve had Benteke and Lovren join us for near cash value – which is quite an achievement when you consider their records in real life. The one player I regret missing out on was Alcantara Thiago – but to win him I would have had to bankrupt the club.Regarding the “Insult” response. When I’ve opened the bid with a low shot across the bows it just bugs me a little that some managers throw their hands up as though it’s “an insult”.It isn’t –it’s just an opening bid.If they were in my place and managing Northampton how keen would they be to empty its coffers?I don’t mind the rejection – just the “insult tag” which I think, honestly, is a bit “precious”. How is offering anyone money or one of my players an insult? A simple “no” is enough – but SMFA gave us the “I’m insulted” option , though I’ve never used it myself.

zWuILRN.png

Next up for the Interview is Tony Harman~Walsall

Hey there Tony, welcome to Radio7046 FM, I am Dan and I will be your interviewer for today.

Well what can I say? What a season, How good did it feel to guide Walsall to the Premiership?

It's a fantastic feeling. When i took over here we were in the relegation zone in Division 3, in debt and the squad was very poor so we've clearly come a long long way in a short space of time. Now we've won 2 league titles in 3 seasons and are living the dream.

I can imagine, The performances of the promoted teams are a bit of a mixed bag, most of the teams do not prepare well for the step up to the big league, what measures have you taken to ensure you have a chance at staying up?

Well we've got 4 new faces in so far in Ferdinand, Giroud, M'Vila and Enrique but the base of the squad will remain the same. We've got a good dressing room and the lads are really excited about the prospect of playing the top sides and clearly want to prove themselves. Were counting on that hunger and passion to pick up points and keep us in this league.

After just being promoted usually a pessimistic stance is taken with the 'as long as we avoid relegation' line being churned out quite often, Where do you think the mighty Walsall will finish in the coming season?

I'm no different, first things first our aim is obviously going to be survival but were quietly confident we can make Banks's Stadium a bit of a fortress and make ourselves tough to beat. If we get off to a good start who knows what we can achieve, given it's our first crack at it we'll just enjoy every game and see where we go.

That seems a fair point, I am not sure if you have surveyed the opposition you will be facing yet, If you were to pick out what you would think are the three most dangerous teams to face who would they be?

Well I remember when we first got to Division 2 I looked down the fixture list thinking there's no easy points there so I'm sure you can imagine my thoughts on this seasons fixtures but I'd say the so called 'big 3' this season would be Liverpool, Sunderland and Chelsea. Anyone who finishes above those 3 will be in with a shout.

Thanks for the interview Tony, before you go have you any message of help for your brothers who do not seem to have the tactical nous such as yourself?

To these rookies I'd just say get a pen and paper, come down to Banks's Stadium on a Saturday afternoon and takes notes. They will learn a thing or two thats for sure.

zWuILRN.png

Next up is Luis Veigas ~ Birmingham

Hey there Luis, welcome to Radio7046 FM, I am Dan and I will be your interviewer for today.

Hello, thanks for having me.

Well that was proved to be somewhat of a tough season, you managed to avoid the drop by three points, it is a tough league but surely you were expecting a better finishing position that that?

Yeah I was lucky to avoid the drop for the 3rd season in a row and I certainly was expecting a better finish considering the sort of players I had available to me at the start of last season. I had hoped for at least a top 6 finish.

You seem to have made some good moves in the transfer market as you squad looks to have much more strength and depth to it, sometimes getting decent players in is a hard job in this market which can be frustrating, How have you coped with this?

I wasn't coping very well a few weeks ago, the stress level was crazy. The Misses kept stressing that she thought that I should take a year or two off football. I actually had to threaten to leave her had she dragged it on much longer. As I look back now at the additions, I'm very pleased and surprised at some of the lads that I've convinced to join Birmingham. I'm happy with the squad...for now!

Fair enough, So in what position do you think your team will finish at the end of the season?

I think we are more than capable of grabbing a playoff spot at least this season, but it wont be easy with some great clubs getting relegated into div 3. We need to improve from last season so I'll say top 10 finish, at the very least!!! ...hope my chairman is not listening to this as he is expecting promotion.

You must know your opposition by now, who do you think will be the three most dangerous teams this season other than yourselves?

Difficult to pick 3 to be honest...have to say Man City, Northampton and maybe Ipswich. All 3 have a very good squad, but only one has a good manager. That's a problem when you have a very good manager with the 2 best players in the world playing in your division!!!

Quality stuff Luis, great to have you here in the radio station, before you go what are your thoughts on managers who ignore bids, I know this really irks some people, how does it wash with you?

Personally I think it is disrespectful of the managers who ignore bids, it takes seconds to click reject or accept. Makes my blood boil to be honest! I don't ignore bids purely because If I don't want to sell, then I will be honest and they can move on to next targets. I have my own little personal list of managers that I don't deal with anymore because of that.

Thanks again for having me.

zWuILRN.png

Next up is Rainman~Southend United

Hey there Rainman if I dropped a box of toothpicks on the floor would you be able to count how many there were, just kidding welcome to Radio7046 FM, I am Dan and I will be your interviewer for today.

Good Evening Dan. I think counting those toothpicks dropped will still be much easier than counting the number of points we dropped in second half of the season.

Haha fair enough, You are quite active in the transfer market buying up a lot of inexperienced

youngsters, is this a tactic that has worked well for you in the past?

Developing youngsters into the team's system of play, is something i have always admired seeing teams like Accrington Stanley, Northampton town and specially Derby County do it so successfully.When I was the Wolves boss i signed a few talented youngsters and seeing them develop so well has led to this tactic of mine, specially as we cannot compete with the bigger clubs in market.

Seems legit, Some of the Southend fans were burning their season tickets at the back end of the season due to you skirting with the wooden spoon position, have you any words of encouragement for the new season?

Well, I understand there sentiments completely, Southend just missed out on the promotion the season previous to last and then to see the club selling all there stars and finishing third from the next season is disappointing to say the least. Hey, for example i am an Arsenal fan and seeing them in Mr.Hammers' hands makes me wanna cry!In my defence, I want to say that the team was still gelling together. Southend were close to going into administration, the squad depth was bad, so a total rebuild was the only option.I want to say thanks to the club board for putting there confidence in me. I want to thank all the fans for them attending the matches. All i can say is the things can only get better or much worse! Hopefully better.

Where do you think your club will finish in the coming season?

We will hopefully finish in top half this coming season, but i would be lying if i say promotion is not on my mind.

That seems achievable, You probably know by now who the dangers are in

your division, if you could pick out the three teams you think will be the most

dangerous who would they be?

I say Brentford, Hull City and Wolverhampton Wanderers.Brentford just missed out on promotion, and will be hungrier than ever.Hull City shipped seven goals past us, and although they have a new manager at helm, They still are a deadly team.Wolves are by far the strongest club in Division 4, they simply don't deserve to be here.

Well Rainman it has been a blast, before you go what are your thoughts on

Cardiff City who seem to be is a state of decay, do you think the manager

should just move on?

Although i do not deserve to slate Cardiff, as their situation is very much similar to my later days with Wolves.With personal experience all i can say is let them go! There comes a time when this is the best option, perhaps the only option which can save the club from further harm.

Its been a pleasure, have a nice day Dan.

zWuILRN.png

Next up is Benno77~Millwall

Hey there Benno, welcome to Radio7046 FM, I am Dan and I will be your interviewer for today.

First of all welcome to EC7046, the greatest gameworld on the planet, you couldn't have picked a harder club to join with, I see you have made some early moves to bring in some loan signings do you think your squad is big enough to handle competing in the league and two cups?

I'm not 100% happy with the squad I have at the moment, it was great to get three quality loan players in but I still need to add two or three more players but that might have to come at the expense of losing some of he older higher rated players to raise funds to rebuild.

You have ten players rated between 87 and 90, which of these players are you expecting the most from?

I have a lot of faith in my Gk Roberto, if he performs to his best he will gives us a great starting point to build on, clean sheets are going to be vital to this teams success. At the core of the defense is my only signing to date, Georg NIEDERMEIER, who will have his work cut out against some top class strikers in this division. I'm also hoping Noble in the Central midfield will step up, I've given him the captains armband to lead his team with his vast experience. finally I think if Cisse up front can liv up to reputation and pull his finger out and score 15-20 goals, wishful thinking, then this team will go far!

That sounds about right, Where do you see yourself finishing in this your first season with Millwall?

the optimist in me would love to see us clinch a playoff spot but the in reality I feel, unless I can strength in depth, we'll be pushing to stay mid table at best.

Good luck with that, If you were to pick out the three most dangerous looking sides in the division who would they be?

It is a very tough league this year with a bunch of teams that could all push for a league title. Wolves have and abundance of strength in all areas, with Cerci and Lucas standing out as their danger players, not to mention Barkley too. Sheffield Wednesday are another I would except pushing for a place at the top, another team with a wealth of players and finally I see Orient doing well as long as his youth players step up and perform.

Thanks for your time Benno but before you go, You have been about on the game for many years, with your experience do you think the last manager neglected the side somewhat?

It is a tough challenge managing a team with little to no transfer funds, but I feel the old manager, Craig Braidwood, did a alright job, he brought in some youth but I also feel he brought in a pit of dead weight and spent too much on them too. I'm up for the challenge of turning this team around but it may take a year or two to transform and get it to where I want it to be!

zWuILRN.png

Next up Niall~West Ham

Hey Niall welcome to Radio7046.FM, I am Dan and I will be your interviewer for today.

First off I would like to say commiserations on the relegation with West Ham, I thought you were going to save yourself but you just missed out by three points, Do you think you are capable of bouncing straight back up?

Yes I am hopeful that we can bounce straight back why not?

We have some great players here and a great support, just the managers a bit clueless when it comes to tactics!:o

You won the Cup this season that must have been a great boost to your confidence and big deal for the fans who have suffered under you reign, Are you looking forward to flying the West Ham flag in Europe?

Yes for sure it was a great cup run and really probably saved my job! \its does add extra pressure on the squad but it some ways i feel the extra games sometimes help especially against top European opposition, and the extra cash will also come in handy!

That is great, Now that you are destined to play in division three, where do you honestly think your finishing position will be at the end of the season?

We will be promoted with out question...

If you were to name three teams that you reckon will be the dangers this season who would they be?

I think every team can be dangerous on there day and I will treat every team with the same respect whether they are flying high or fluttering with relegation.

Thanks for the interview Niall but before I go I have to ask as the Radio managers is begging me to, Are you even the slightest bit worried about the thought of a triple relegation happening?

Not at all, I now have a squad im pretty happy with now, I think Demba Ba and Adam Johnson will be big players for us this season after showing some good signs after they moved here towards the end of last season.