English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

Man-City-banner_zps8a182743.jpg

Thompson happy with home start

b4eadee8-20f0-4146-b1c4-6913971748cb_zps76a51046.jpg

HOME COMFORTS - City manager Steve Thompson is happy to start his division 2 campaign at home

Today is the day that all football managers and fans look forward to with the release of the new season fixtures and Manchester City have been handed a tough first game back in division 2 as they will welcome Brighton & Hove Albion to the Etihad stadium. The Seagulls were one of the surprise packages in the division last season managing to reach the play offs in 6th place but bowed out to eventual winners Huddersfield Town.

The seagulls are managed by Paul Smut who has been an instant success at the Amex Stadium guiding the club to the division 3 title in season 9 and following that with a play off place in division 2 in season 10. Smut will take his men to the Etihad with no fear having boasted one of the best away records in the division last season losing just 4 times and conceding 24 goals on the road only champions Swindon conceded less on their travels.

Upon hearing the news of his first game of the new season Thompson said....

"I am very pleased that we start our new season on home soil. It's our aim to make the Etihad a fortress and a stadium that teams fear coming to. Brighton will certainly be a tough test but we are ready for that test and i can't wait for Saturday to come around.

Paul is a manager i have come up against before when i was manager at Barnsley and he has still to beat me so hopefully that his playing on his mind when he comes here on Saturday but he has his boys well drilled their away form last season was very very good and they will once again be in and around that promotion picture"

Season in review: Chesterfield

Final Standing: 11th

Overview

A mid table finish in a tumultuous season where Chesterfield had been at both ends of the table. A bad start to the season was met by a late, late flurry of wins which culminated in the best attacking football that has been seen by the Spireites faithful in a long while. Considering that the Spireites were mired in the relegation zone for the majority of the season, the Spireites should consider a mid-table finish a success.

The Spireites started brightly with two solid win against Rotherham United and Birmingham City however Chesterfield’s form dropped with a seven game losing streak. The losing streak was finally snapped with a resounding 2-0 win over Plymouth Argyle however the Spireites found it difficult to produce a vein of consistency and was left mired at the bottom half of the table. In contrast, Chesterfield produced their best domestic cup run in the last three seasons with a fourth round (English Shield) and third round (English Cup) finish which served as a welcome distraction.

However Chesterfield produced when it mattered most with crucial wins against relegation candidates Leicester City, Shorpe United and Rochdale.

A key component to their success was the Spireites defensive record, derided last season for their leaky defence; the predominately same personnel were able to become watertight and registered the third best defence in the Division after automatic promotes Manchester City and play-off chasing Coventry City.

However the Spireites created some of their best attacking football after they secured their Division Three status with four win in their last five matches (13 from a possible 15 points) to climb to their highest position since the early part of the season.

Most Valuable Player: Claudio Bravo

Claudio-Bravo-900x535_zpsc8bd0c7f.jpg

Captain Marvel Claudio Bravo caps off remarkable season

Matches are defined by moments and in those moments; it’s the leaders that stand tall, one such leader is Claudio Bravo. Chesterfield’s goalkeeper and Captain Claudio Bravo enjoyed a stellar season and although keepers sometimes aren’t given the credit they deserve, Bravo produced when it mattered most.

Captain Marvel came into his own when the pressure was on, in particular in relegation six pointers against Shorpe United and Leicester City where he kept everything and anything out of his goal and was crucial in Chesterfield’s 1-0 and 2-0 wins respectively.

Credit should be given to Bravo’s leadership in forming the third best defence in Division Three, shouting out orders, marshalling the troops and producing splendid saves. After taking over the captaincy three seasons ago, Bravo has well and truly made the captaincy his own.

While the Chilean international is Chesterfield’s longest serving player with 274 appearances over eight seasons. It could have all been different if he settled in Blackpool but on his return to the club, he produced his career best form playing a vital part of Chesterfield gaining promotion.

The mark of a captain is to lead by example and produce when it’s needed most; captain marvel Claudio Bravo has proven that.

Golden Boot: Adam Lallana 9 goals (33 appearances)

lallana-Image_zps71ac9002.jpg

English midfielder Adam Lallana’s star has continued to rise at Chesterfield

The meteoric rise of Adam Lallana has been a headline story at Chesterfield this season. From squad player to first team star, Lallana has shown the value of perseverance, producing his ever best season for the Spireites with nine goals and four assists, winning the Golden Boot in the process. Lallana is the first midfielder to win the prestigious Golden Boot since Russian maestro Dmitri Torbinsky who is still the only player in Chesterfield history to win the most valuable player in two consecutive seasons and the Golden Boot and most valuable player honours in the same season.

Since his arrival from Walsall for $3.8 million, he has steadily grown into his role as a first team selection but this season, Lallana has exploded displaying an excellent first touch, superb movement and mesmeric dribbling ability. The English midfielder has been a constant menace for opposing defences; in particular his performances against Rotherham United and Birmingham City where he scored two valuable braces in consecutive matches however it was his decisive goal in the 88th minute against Gillingham which ensured a surprise 1-0 victory that will live long in the memory.

However manager Glory Days expects that with added confidence, the best may still be yet to come. “Adam is a confident player but the difference now is that he knows he belongs and he will be itching to prove to others that he is a world class player, which can only bode well for Chesterfield.”

Leading Assists: Rickie Lambert 8 assists (20 appearances)

lambert_zps40e32bee.jpg

English striker Rickie Lambert has shown an eye for a pass

“Bargain or bust” were the fan’s sentiments upon the unveiling of English striker Rickie Lambert for $6 million from Preston North End, derided for superficial aspects he couldn’t control such as age and transfer fee, Lambert demonstrated that he’s wasn’t a prototypical English striker.

Lambert’s game isn’t dependant on the predictable long ball to the big man rather it’s based on diversity. He is capable of interplaying with the midfielders and holding up the ball to allow the onrushing midfielders to attack the goal.

Blessed with strength, solid heading ability and good finishing, it was Lambert’s other aspects which make him underappreciated like his intelligent runs, great passing ability and vision to pick out a pass.

Lambert, 32 made the best possible start to his Spireites career with three assists in a crucial relegation six pointer against Leicester City. The English striker had a hand in every Spireites goal and provided a best on ground performance next to man of the match Leon Britton.

A striker that isn’t always about the goals, Lambert has proven that he doesn’t only a score goals but also is a provider of chances with eight assists.

Lambert has shown that despite his injury ridden start, there is more to come and that the Spireites may have picked up an absolute bargain for the 32 year old striker.

Fan's Favourite: Mikel San Jose (33 appearances)

SanJose_zps22f15e62.jpg

Spanish Defender Mikel San Jose has completely turned around last season’s performances

Last season you wouldn’t have associated a solid defence with Chesterfield with their poor defensive record almost costing the Spireites their Division Three status with 12 goals conceded in the last four matches however there has been complete turnaround with Chesterfield registering the third best defensive record in Division Three behind automatic promotion side Manchester City and play-off candidate Coventry City with largely the same squad.

A key to their dramatic change in form is Spanish central defender Mikel San Jose. Criticised last season for a lack of effort and being too slow to the ball, San Jose came into the new season with an air of desire. What he lacked in pace, he made up with great positioning, strong heading ability and inch perfect tackling. Many fans screamed for San Jose to be dropped for the first team but now he’s one of the first names on the team sheet.

However playing as a centre back, the success of defensive unit is dependent on the central defensive partnership and while San Jose has played to good effect with Argentine defender Marcos Rojo forming a formidable defensive unit, the Spaniard has been able to adapt with different partners (Kevin Vogt and Havard Nordtveit) and still maintain a solid defensive core.

One aspect of San Jose that may be overlooked is his penalty taking which he hasn’t missed one spot kick in the last two seasons, providing three important goals to help the Spireites cause.

Surprise Packet: Kevin Vogt (18 appearances)

Kevinvogt_zpsd947478c.jpg

Kevin Vogt’s versatility has been crucial to his rise in the Chesterfield ranks

Tipped as one of the young brigade ready for breakout season, Kevin Vogt has done just that. Providing the Chesterfield faithful with a glimpse of what he could potentially offer in the future but with one marked difference: consistency. Since joining Chesterfield from Augsburg, the 23 year old initially struggled for consistent performances but Vogt has now developed into a solid contributor which Manager Glory Days is happy to put his faith in.

Due to injuries in the first team, Vogt’s versatility has allowed him to plug numerous holes in the Chesterfield first XI. While predominately playing in the centre of defence, he managed to form a strong defensive partnership with Spanish centre back Mikel San Jose but his most resounding performance came when he was moved to right back for the injured Hiroki Sakai. Although the Spireites lost to a dominant Northampton Town 2-1, Vogt was the Chesterfield’s stand out player, even managing to grab a goal.

The future looks bright for a player that many fans didn't expect much from but if his performances this season are any indication, he will be featuring regularly in the upcoming season.

church-times-logo-large.jpg

LORD CALLS LATIMER TO BRENTFORD.

86521465.pngDerek Griffiths Writes...The faith based soccer community were left stunned this afternoon with the dramatic news that Hugh ''holier than thou'' Latimer has hung up his Sheffield United Cassock and embarked upon a new mission down in not so sunny Brentford. After three seasons at Bramall lane, the recently returned from the dead footballing fundamentalist declared it job done in Yorkshire as he headed back into the bowels of the 4th division to spread his anti 3-5-2 message. In a short sermon from the pulpit at the clubs training ground, Latimer told of his latest calling and issued a dire warning about the ongoing heresy being practiced throughout the league.

wpid-445px-hugh_latimer_from_npg.jpg?w=547

Latimer

Dear Lord, I beseech you to look down upon us thy most worthless servants as we continue to give thanks for your loving spite and most generous pitfalls you send to test us. Hear my thanks Lord as I praise thee for thou divine providence in guiding me away from Sheffield United and down to the sinful cesspit that is Griffin park. Be safe in the knowledge Lord that thou message of footballing purity is embedded in the hearts of the playing squad of Sheffield United and how I now rejoice at the prospect of spreading the scriptures to the lost sheep at Brentford. I pray that you see fit to guide me Lord as I attempt to remove the foul canker left by Satans scaly claw from the club, and hear my oath that I will use all of your loving gifts to punish the love back into those that so cheerfully turned their backs upon your holy benevolence.

Truly Lord the cloven hoofed beast is once more mocking thy heavenly game and sin is widespread among thy league. Adulation of the beasts rancid formation is rife and what better evidence of his evil doings can be found than at the Etihad Stadium ?. How sadden thou must be Lord, to see that once more the heretic Thompson has made a covenant with the foul one and in turn been rewarded with undue and short term success. I pray Lord you will soon dispense your loving revenge upon all of those blasphemers that mock thy word and in turn guide them back from the lies of the false one and allow them to once more suckle on the generous bosom of your holy scriptures.

Amen.

daily-express-logo.gif

GARY THE GRIFFIN FALLS FOWL OF LATIMER

548186_532618870085642_685608967_n.jpg?oh=9b4174b1b9be5344d0a30e570c69dd01&oe=5463966C&__gda__=1417165350_cd4d9230546ef451dbd0dfd876d5a4ca Brian Eno Writes...The Brentford soccer reformation burst into life this afternoon when within hours of the shock appointment of new boss Hugh 'repent!' Latimer, the Bees faithful were left reeling at the removal of the icon Griffin symbol which has adorned the wrought iron gates to the clubs Griffin park ground for best part of 120 years. Amid the din of angle grinders and oxyacetylene torches, a small crowd of supporters were moved to tears as the smoldering remnants of the Griffin ( affectionately know as Gary to generations of Bees fans) was loaded onto the back of a lorry and disappeared into the London rush hour. Speaking from outside the ground the chairman of the Bees independent supporters club Dennis Farquhar fumed....

I can't believe it, my mate Phil called me to tell me what was happening and I rushed down here just as they stuck him with the angle grinder for the last time. Gary has been part of this club since it was formed all those years ago and generations of supporters have grown to love his cheeky grin. School kids wave to him as they go past on buses and many touch him for luck before they enter the ground. In this ever changing world Gary has provided comfort for the local old folk who can remember how he was the only thing left standing when the ground was bombed by Zeppelins back in 1928. To just cut him up and sling him on the back of some Polish blokes van is not only a bloody insult to us supporters but its a crime, in fact its worse than a crime ...its murder thats what it is.

FindleyCTB_Web_WoutX.jpg

Gary the Griffin

Despite the growing anger an official statement from the club confirmed that the removal of the Griffin was requested by directors shortly after Latimers appointment and forms part of a concerted drive to remove any elements of sinful idolatry and ungodly images ahead of his arrival in West London tomorrow. It went on to say the board appreciated supporters concerns and reassured them that Gary will be returning to the club in the form of a new wrought iron coffee table for the players lounge and ( depending on whats left of him) possibly some ornate garden furniture. Online critics are already labeling the sudden removal as a deliberate rebranding of the 4th division outfit and are warning of a sudden lurch away from soccer secularism to a puritanical form of the beautiful game.

stockportsmall_zpsb0b6dc27.jpg

STOCKPORT COUNTY SIGN ALESSIO ROMAGNOLI and co

Stockport County have lured Italian wonderkid A.ROMAGNOLI away from Atletico Paranaense to Division 4 of EC7046.

ROMAGNOLI was set to join his new team AS Roma later this week but a last ditch plea from Stockport County officials was enough to sway his mind.

Stockport manager WillC believes the 19 year old defender will play an important part in the squads season 11 campaign.

"In Alessio we have a player that leads by example who will drive the players around him with his enthusiasm for the game"

"Romagnoli was on the top of my list for a marquee and as soon as I knew we had a chance we acted quickly to sign him."

romagnoli_zps219690a2.jpg

Alessio Romagnoli, 82 rated Defender will be a key figure in Stockport County's Season 11 campaign.

A tireless worker, ROMAGNOLI has represented Italy on multiple occasions at U16, U17, U19 & U21 levels. Romagnoli's scintillating form saw him make a starting debut for The Azzurri in the 2014 Season 11 World Cup.

--------------

In other news, Besiktas starlet K.FREI and FC Krasnodar workhorse Y.GAZINSKY will also join Stockport County on multi million dollar deals.

freigazins_zpsef336999.jpg

[L-R] 84 rated attacking midfielder Karim Frei , 83 rated defensive midfielder Yuri Gazinskiy

STOCKPORT COUNTY MANAGER FORCED TO

TAKE FRENCH CLASSES

stockportlogo_zpscd51b1e3.jpg

Stockport County News

Thursday, August 14th 2014

Stockport manager, WillC has taken his obsession with France to the next level, signing 8 French players in the past few days. The impromptu decision has left Stockport County officials in a difficult position, scrambling for French translators within the community.

Stockport County fans have reacted negatively to the deals, claiming that too much cash was spent on long term projects rather than improving the first team squad for the upcoming season. The Hatters forked out $4.6M for M.POUNDJE, $4.1M for L.NANGIS and $3.6M for J.AMAVI to name a few.

With a squad consisting entirely of foreigners, WillC has rejected claims that miscommunication will be an issue. It is believed that the Stockport County manager has enrolled in French Studies at the University of Manchester so we can at least confirm that he's passionate about his job.

8french_zps1c72d734.jpg

Well, I love food and I also love the French accent. Saying "Bon Appetit" before I eat has become a tradition of mine and everyone calls me a lunatic for it. I am very self conscious so having these 8 French players in the squad is a definite plus! I know who I'll be sitting with at the dinner table.

The squad rebuild looks set to continue with another 9 players set to join Stockport in the coming days. This includes Dutch pair, A.TAMATA and S.BERGHUIS who are almost certain to join the Division 4 club pending medical tests.

tamataberg_zps3e83e4b5.jpg

[L-R]82 rated Defender, Abel Tamata and 83 rated Winger, Steven Berghuis will join Stockport on 1 year deals.

Terry could miss up to 10 matches

5910da36-18a1-4574-81e0-ba9a1f47a6f9_zps21574384.jpg

STILL RECOVERING - Man City John Terry is set to miss up to 10 matches through injury

Manchester City captain John Terry looks set to miss the first 10 matches of the season it has emerged. The 33 year old defender is currently suffering from Achilles Tendonitis which forced him to miss the final 8 games of the season and that injury continues to hamper the former England international and his clubs plans for the season ahead.

Terry is regarded as a key figure at the Etihad since joining from his boyhood club Chelsea at the beginning of last season and was immediately named the new club captain by manager Steve Thompson.

The absence of Terry at the heart of the defense has forced City into the transfer with the recent capture of Spanish center back Raul Albiol who signed from West Ham United.

City manager Steve Thompson spoke about Terry following his sides friendly defeat at Leyton Orient last night.......

"John is still a long way off being available for selection. His knee is still flaring up and the physio says we are looking at September before we get him anywhere near ready for the first team.

It's a real blow not to have him in the side he is the heartbeat of the team and a real leader.

At the minute he is penciled in for the Leeds United game on the 10th September but we may manage to get him back before then"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8RZodgCK6Nk14emVCt8QD8AS7iGvKgkqQRxUBByb3rMEfIJvd

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRymwDGGvrBe96AhA3kUx6KfR4JUMACpTZyj82qLXV0phnPesNMwA

The New Face Of Arsenal's Back Line!

Today Arsenal and Southampton are coming to the final parts to a deal for Spanish goal keeper Fernandez Andres, the 27 year old Spanish star who has played only 22 times but manager Mattuie Beckett is backing the Goal Keeper to make a quick impact in the sticks with Arsenal, the deal will see the end of Fraser Forster's spell at Arsenal the English goal keeper has said thanks to Beckett and has not ruled out a 3rd spell under the English coach in the long run, one man who is happy about the deal is club captain Xabi Alonso, he has been quoted saying this is a great deal for the club Fernandez is a great player and a work horse he can not wait to see him as a part of the club. Beckett has not ruled out any more deals, but it is expected Song will soon be leaving and will be joined at the exit doors by more big names like Kaka and Sagna.

City ready for Seagulls test

e75c808e-a7fd-40da-81b4-f897ef850652_zps81a8daf1.jpg

SET FOR DEBUT - Mathieu Debuchy is set for his competitive debut

Manchester city welcome Brighton to the Etihad stadium tomorrow in their first game back in division 2. Steve Thompson's men are aiming to make it two consecutive promotions but know they face a stern test of their credentials with Paul Smuts Brighton also harboring promotion aspirations.

City fans are unlikely to see wholesale changes to the side but French international defender Mathiue Debuchy is likely to be handed his debut. Fellow new signings Raul Albiol and Javier Hernandez are more than likely going to have to settle for a place on the bench.

Manchester City manager Steve Thompson spoke about the game earlier today.

"I am really excited about getting the league campaign back up and running especially in front of our own supporters. Pre season has gone well for us on the whole. We have strengthened the squad and certainly added more depth which will be important later in the season as injuries are suspensions are going to come in to play at some period.

Brighton are going to be very difficult opposition, they had one of the best away records in the division last season and they will be looking to repeat what they achieved but go one better and get promoted. Paul Smut is an accomplished manager he knows how to win games when his team are not favorites but i believe in my boys and if we perform to the levels i know we are capable of we can get a positive result"

NORTHAMPTON "NOT A SELLING CLUB" - Declares the Butcher

Northampton Town's volatile and slightly unhinged manager went on record today to declare that Northampton, "are not and never will be a selling club"

The announcement came just hours after a pre-dawn raid at Sixfields by armed officers of Northants Anti Narcotics Unit.

The Cobblers have been in financial disarray since the Butcher's arrival last season and it is believed that he has been employing some of his South American "connections" in a desperate attempt to raise some much needed cash.

NORTHAMPTON "NOT A SELLING CLUB" - Declares the Butcher

Northampton Town's volatile and slightly unhinged manager went on record today to declare that Northampton' date=' "are not and never will be a selling club"

The announcement came just hours after a pre-dawn raid at Sixfields by armed officers of Northants Anti Narcotics Unit.

The Cobblers have been in financial disarray since the Butcher's arrival last season and it is believed that he has been employing some of his South American "connections" in a desperate attempt to raise some much needed cash.[/quote']

Nice B)

164691516_2986675.jpg?20130813140510

Evans appointed Bristol City captain

Jonny Evans is the new captain of Bristol City Football Club

With barely even 24 hours passing since his signing, Bristol City manager John Henry II has announced that Jonny Evans has been appointed the clubs new captain for the season ahead.

Evans was seen as an integral part of a championship winning Swansea defence last season before sealing his move to Ashton Gate, in a deal that saw Santos Ramires and youngster Tyias Browning go in the opposite direction.

Along with the announcement of Evans being appointed captain, John Henry II also announced that Cheick Tiote will be his Vice captain for the season ahead.

Evans took to social media to express his delight at being appointed captain.

Delighted to be named captain of Bristol City, massive honour, and I aim to repay the gaffers faith in me through my performances this season and the many seasons ahead

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT 1

Leicester City got off to a great start with a 3-0 win away at Oldham Athletic.Gomez and Susaeta gave City a two goal lead at the break with Michu adding the third with five minutes to play.

Southend United won 2-0 at Brentford to hopefully start another good season for them.Sissoko and Ariji were the scorers for United.

Southampton were 2-0 winners at Doncaster Rovers.The game was goalless in the first half but Joselu netted twice for the saints after the interval.

Hull City won 3-2 at home to Bristol Rovers.Adam gave Rovers an early lead but goals from Hernandez,Nica and Diamanti put City in control before Zaccardo added a late second for Rovers.

Shrewsbury Town beat Cardiff City 2-1.City led at half time with a strike from Necid but the Shrews hit back in the second half and won the match with goals from Kalou and Tosic.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT 2

Bournemouth were beaten at home 2-1 by Sheffield Wednesday.MBokani and Wakaso scored for the Owls with Fofana on target for Bournemouth.

Wycombe Wanderers lost 2-1 at home to unmanaged Dagenham and Redbridge.Spinazzola was the scorer for Wanderers with Caligiuri and Abdellaoue getting the decisive goals for the Daggers.

Leyton Orient suffered a 1-0 home defeat to Accrington Stanley.Pardo got the winner for Stanley after thirty five minutes.

Millwall drew 1-1 at home to Stockport County.Ananidze put County ahead but Rodriguez levelled for the Lions with just under twenty minutes to go.

Burton Albion were held to a 1-1 draw at home by Wolverhampton Wanderers.The goals came late in the game and were separated by only a minute.Nounkeu scored for Albion with M'Bia replying straight away for Wolves.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 1-PT 1

Leicester City got off to a great start with a 3-0 win away at Oldham Athletic.Gomez and Susaeta gave City a two goal lead at the break with Michu adding the third with five minutes to play.

Southend United won 2-0 at Brentford to hopefully start another good season for them.Sissoko and Ariji were the scorers for United.

Southampton were 2-0 winners at Doncaster Rovers.The game was goalless in the first half but Joselu netted twice for the saints after the interval.

Hull City won 3-2 at home to Bristol Rovers.Adam gave Rovers an early lead but goals from Hernandez' date='Nica and Diamanti put City in control before Zaccardo added a late second for Rovers.

Shrewsbury Town beat Cardiff City 2-1.City led at half time with a strike from Necid but the Shrews hit back in the second half and won the match with goals from Kalou and Tosic.[/quote']

I want you in Division 3 now mate! ahah :P

I Want To Return

jurgen-klopp_2888659b.jpg

Former 7046 manager speaks exclusively to The Sun about his life on SM, regrets and also on a possible return to English Championship 7046

It has been 2 years since Robinson left Stoke City back in 2012, and it has come to now in which he reveals to the public that he regrets leaving, but his biggest regret was leaving Spurs

My biggest regret? Well, leaving Tottenham Hotspur back in 2011, and not keeping myself in amongst some of the greatest set ups on the game. I left Spurs at a time of not knowing whether I would continue being a part of the game. But most certainly, the worst thing I did was to leave Spurs.

Robinson was in charge for a total of 101 games in 7046 at 4 different clubs leading to people questioning his commitment. Having had spells with Spurs, Accrington Stanley, Stoke and a very small stint at Bristol City, Robinson maintains that he would committed should a job ever come about

I'm the first to admit that my track record isn't great. I've picked up sides and left without giving it a chance. My main issue is that I'm not a brilliant lower league manager. Certain people work better with certain clubs and resources. For me I work better with the big name players, working on big deals and winning league titles. I'm indeed now back on the forum, but I won't just jump at any opportunity, they're are many managers better than me with building squads from nothing, bringing in risers and bringing them Div 2,3,4 clubs up to greatness. I've kept an eye on the goings on at 7046 and I'm very eager and chomping at the bit to get back into the top division of the top set up on the game, but I understand there's a waiting list of some sort, so in time I could return, I want to return, but I don't want to rush back in with a side I don't like.

Over the past couple of years Robinson has kept himself in with the Gold Championships, managing some big name clubs and bringing in many trophies whilst working with some of the best players on the planet.

I've been engulfed in the gold gameworlds, granted they are not what they used to be, but I've brought my tally of trophies up to 63, but for me, to be regarded as one of the best you have to prove yourself here, in 7046.

So Robinson wants to return to the "greatest gameworld" on the game, whether it'll happen, only time will tell

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 2-PT 1

Leicester City sit top of the table after two matches courtesy of a 3-2 win at home to Hull City.Two goals from Michu and one from Susaeta were enough for the Foxes though Schmiedebach and Hernandez did cause a few nerves when they scored for the Tigers.

Shrewsbury Town are second after a 2-0 win at Southend United.A first minute goal from Choupo-Moting set the Shrews on the way with Tosic adding the second before the interval.

Ronald Macdonald saw his new Dagenham side move into third place with a 1-0 win at home to London rivals Brentford.Abdellaoue got the winner in the third minute.

Southampton are fourth after being held 3-3 at home by Leyton Orient.The Saints went in front three times with strikes from Corgnet,Rodelin and Joselu but the O's fought back each time with goals of their own from Lugano,Galvez and Palacio.

Sheffield Wednesday are in fifth place with a 1-1 draw at home to Wycombe Wanderers.Toulalan gave the Owls the advantage in the first half but Wanderers equalised through Ayew after the break.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 2-PT 2

Bournemouth stand sixth after a 3-0 win away at Accrington Stanley.Osvaldo scored twice for the Cherries with Lacazette also adding to the scoreline.

Bristol Rovers won 3-1 at home to Millwall.Dentinho,Riviere and Mamaev had given Rovers a three goal lead before Ignjovski got a late consolation for Millwall.

Wolverhampton Wanderers were beaten 2-1 at home by Doncaster Rovers.Okazaki got both goals for Rovers with Diouf scoring late on for Wolves.

Stockport County drew 0-0 at home to Burton Albion with neither side being able to find their shooting boots on the day.

Cardiff City were held 2-2 at home by Oldham Athletic.All the goals came in the first half with Necid and Zuculini on target for City and Pohjanpalo scoring twice for Oldham.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 3-PT 1

Leicester City stay top with a 2-1 win at home to Shrewsbury Town who slip a little to fifth.Goulart opened the scoring for City but Choupu-Moting levelled for the Shrews.It was an eighty sixth minute penalty from Gomez that won the game for the Foxes.

Sheffield Wednesday moved up to second place after a 1-0 win at home to Leyton Orient.A late goal from MBokani was enough for the Owls to take the points.

Bristol Rovers won 4-2 at home to Oldham Athletic and go into third in the table.Dentinho got two for Rovers with Adam and Mamaev also scoring.Krejci and Ribelin were on target for Oldham.

Bournemouth move up to fourth with a 1-0 win at Dagenham and Redbridge.Lacazette got the winner for the Cherries after five minutes.

Unmanaged Southend United are up to sixth after winning 2-0 at Cardiff City.A goal in each half from Sissoko ensured the victory for the Shrimpers.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 3-PT 2

Accrington Stanley were 2-0 winners at home to Doncater Rovers.Both goals were scored in the first half by Januzaj and Garcia.

Southampton were beaten 1-0 at home by Burton Albion.Zarate got the winner on twenty four minutes.

Wolverhampton Wanderers won comfortably 3-0 at home to Millwall.Diouf and Emenike had Wolves two in front at the interval before Barkley added a third in the second half.

Stockport County were held to a 2-2 draw at home by Hull City.Vukojevic and Jerome scored for the home side with Hernandez bagging both of the City goals.

Brentford came away from Wycombe Wanderers with three points after a 2-0 win.Van Wolfswinkel and Gaitan got the goals for Brentford.

7PLAYS_zps53c756dc.jpg

stockportsmall_zpsb0b6dc27.jpg

17 AUG:Matchday 1. Millwall - Stockport County

millstockvs_zps9034c3da.jpg

Millwall 1 - 1 Stockport County

Stockport County started the season off in shaky fashion, holding on for a draw despite being dominated in every facet of the game. What is even more concerning was the fact that Millwall's Yura MOVISISYAN was sent off in the 5th minute giving the Hatters a massive advantage throughout the rest of the match.

However, it was Millwall who dictated the match, having 58% possession as well as winning the corner count 10 to 2. Stockport County did manage to get on the score sheet first thanks to a counter attacking play by Jano ANANIDZE but the lead was short lived, with Millwall's Christian RODRIGUEZ netting an equalizer on the 71st minute.

With 11 debutants for the away side, there were chemistry issues clearly evident across the park which Manager WillC will need to rectify. In saying that, they came into the game as heavy underdogs, so a point is still a good result to start the season.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

18 AUG:Stockport County Club Champion votes

Club Champion ...

After each league match, the manager and directors of Stockport County will select who were the best three players on the day for Stockport via a 3-2-1 voting style.

At seasons end, the player with the greatest accumulation of votes will be declared as the Club Champion

turn1cv_zpsef892d9a.jpg

19 AUG:Stockport County sign ageing veterans

Italian Veterans to retire at Stockport

STOCKPORT County have made a stunning yet bizarre move, signing Italian veterans Stefano MAURI and Massimo AMBROSINI on 1 year deals. This comes after Stockport Boss WillC, declared that the season was over and that they would be "playing the kids" just 1 week ago.

Experts have criticised the move, stating that both players will be on big money deals making it financially not viable given the current state of the team.

mauriambros_zpscf4bcfc4.jpg

[L-R]Heading to Stockport: 34 year old Stefano MAURI [88] and 37 year old Massimo AMBROSINI [88]

"They have put all their eggs in one basket in the quest to gain promotion. They could be over 10M in debt by the end of the season so if they don't get out of this division, they could be stuck here for the next 2-3 seasons without much transfer flexibilty. What a brain explosion from the Stockport Manager!" - Journalist, Joe Bloggs.

On a postive note, the former Italian nationals will add a huge amount of experience to the squad and are expected to be walk up starters for Stockport County's next match against Burton Albion.

20 Aug:Matchday 2. Stockport County - Burton Albion

stockpburtonalb_zps6489c92f.jpg

Stockport County 0 - 0 Burton Albion

William Chen earned a draw with Stockport County against Burton Albion.

The match ended 0 - 0 between Stockport County and Burton Albion in their Division 4 fixture.

Juan CARRIZO had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Club Champion votes, 3:Juan CARRIZO 2:Aron JOHANNSSON 1:Jano ANANIDZE

21 Aug:Stockport County unveil 5 new players

Spending Spree Continues..

STOCKPORT County boss WillC believes his team can mount a serious promotion challenge this season after doing some major strengthening to the squad. 5 new players are expected to arrive at the club, which will make the total squad size rise to 74 players and the total wage bill over 800K per turn.

dawsblackm_zpsd637b53b.jpg

[L-R] 24 year olds Craig DAWSON [85] and Nick BLACKMAN [82]

The most expensive buy is Englishman Craig DAWSON [85] for $3.7M who is expected to replace Alessio ROMAGNOLI [82] in the starting lineup. Fellow countryman, Nick BLACKMAN [82] was signed for 1.7M and is expected to be the teams backup striker for the early part of the season.

Scottish pair Kevin McDONALD, Don COWIE and Moroccan project player Fahd AKTAOU will also join the club.

With so many players on the books, competition for spots will be at an all time high with many players expected to be culled once transfer bans are up.

mcdonaldcowiefahd_zpsde82419d.jpg

[L-R] Kevin McDONALD [80], Don COWIE [84] and Fahd AKTAOU [75]

22 Aug:Matchday 3. Lineup

MATCHDAY 3 TEAM SELECTION

IN: Craig DAWSON, Nemanja GUDELJ

OUT: Maxime POUNDJE (dropped), Stefano MAURI (rested),

CARRIZO 86

IRTEGUN 87 -- DAWSON 85 -- TORRES 87 --JUANFRAN 87

VUKOJEVIC 88 -- AMBROSINI 88 -- GUDELJ 86

ANANIDZE 86 -- JEROME 86 -- JOHANNSSON 86

Bench:

Poundje 84, Romagnoli 82, Berghuis 83, Gazinskiy 83, Moriya 82, Frei 84, Blackman 82

23 Aug:Matchday 3. Stockport County - Hull City

stockphull_zps9d999e99.jpg

Stockport County 2 - 2 Hull City

2nd Half goals from Ognjen VUKOJEVIC and Cameron JEROME were cancelled out by a brace from Hull City's Abel HERNANDEZ as both sides settled for an entertaining 2-2 draw last Saturday. Stockport County were looking good for their first win under Manager William Chen but were denied by an 80th minute equalizer from Abel Hernandez.

VUKOHERN_zpsca3f832d.jpg

LEFT: Ognjen VUKOJEVIC opens the scoring for Stockport ;RIGHT: Hull City's Abel Hernandez celebrates a brace late in the game

The result sees Stockport County slump to 13th position with 3 draws on the trot, already 6 points adrift off Division 4 pacesetters, Leicester City.

"we rested a couple of players today and playing against a good Hull City team, it was always going to be difficult getting the three points today," said the Stockport manager.

"Yes, it is disappointing that we let another game slip near the end but when you look at the goals, it took some brilliance from Hernandez to deny us. We are starting to play better football so it'll only be a matter of time before I get my first win in this setup."

M3CC_zpsf49b92f8.jpg

27 Aug:Matchday 4. Key Fixtures (Division 4)

Southend United (6th) - Leicester City (1st)

Shewsbury Town (5th) - Bristol Rovers (3rd)

Burton Albion (9th) - Accrington Stanley (8th)

Match of the Round

millwsoutha_zps8b429d82.jpg

Millwall (20th) - Southampton (11th)

Poor old Millwall are sitting on the bottom after a shocking start to the season. Only point they have was thanks to a late equalizer against Stockport County back on Matchday 1. Playing at home, Craig really needs to get a win here to get their season 11 campaign back on track. Based on results over the past 2 seasons, I'm very surprised the Millwall board hasn't given him the sack yet.

After being relegated to division 4, Southampton got off to a flying start with a 2-0 away win over Doncaster Rovers on Matchday 1. Since then, Der Kaiser's squad have struggled, managing just 1 point in 2 home fixtures.

PREDICTION

Both managers have the squads capable of challenging for promotion which is why neither can afford to drop this game. I have this result as a 50/50 but I'm going to back Craig's Millwall here to pick up their first win of the season.

Millwall 2 - 1 Southampton

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 4-PT 1

Sheffield Wednesday took over at the top of the table with a 2-1 win at Yorkshire rivals Doncaster Rovers.Gabi scored in the first minute with Heurtaux adding a second after the break.Marcos got a late goal for Rovers.

Southend United are up to second after a 4-2 win at home to Leicester City.New Manager David Inglis saw Campbell grab two of the goals with Lasogga and Santon also scoring.Di Natale and Susaeta scored for City.

Bournemouth won 2-1 at home to Wycombe Wanderers to go up to third place.Lacazette and Osvaldo gave the Cherries a two goal lead before Belfodil got a goal back for Wycombe just after half time.

Shrewsbury Town stay fifth with a 1-0 win at home to Bristol Rovers.Tosic got the winner for the Shrews a minute after the interval.

A 2-1 win at Burton Albion saw Accrington Stanley go up to sixth place.Burton took the lead through Stepinski but Stanley fought back to win with goals from Morata and Garcia.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 4-PT 2

Southampton won 3-0 at Millwall.Taylor set the Saints on the way with a goal in the second minute.Joselu and Rodelin added to the tally in the second half.

Hull City were beaten 2-1 at home by Wolverhampton Wanderers.Emenike and Yarmolenko scored for Wolves with Vossen converting a penalty for Hull.

Leyton Orient were held to a 1-1 draw in the London derby versus Dagenham and Redbridge.Cornelius netted for Orient with Abdellaoue on target for the Daggers.

Brentford were 2-1 winners at home to Cardiff City.Van Wolfswinkel got both Brentford goals with Necid getting a late consolation for Cardiff.

Oldham Athletic won the Greater Manchester derby against Stockport County 4-2.Martinez got two goals for Athletic with Carrizo and Chanturia also netting.Frey and Johannsson were on target for Stockport.