English Championship 7046 Match Reports/Transfer Gossip Thread

TheDuffman

Re: English Championship 7046 Match Report/Tranfer Gossip Thread

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 10-PT 1

The top two played each other this turn and Sheffield Wednesday took over pole position with a 1-0 win at Southend United who are now second.Toulalan got the crucial goal for the Owls a minute after the interval.

Shrewsbury Town stay third despite being held to a 1-1 draw at home by Dagenham and Redbridge.Tosic gave the Shrews a first half lead and it looked to be enough until Skuletic popped up to score for the Daggers with two minutes of the contest to play.

Wolverhampton Wanderers swept aside Bristol Rovers 5-1 to move up to fourth in the table. Kouyate and Dzemaili put Wolves two up just after the quarter hour mark before Diouf scored a hat trick to put the game out of sight of the home side.Adam scored for Rovers but it was too little too late as Rovers now find themselves bottom of the table.

Doncaster Rovers slipped to fifth as they were beaten 3-1 at Burton Albion.Ponce and Solovyev gave the Brewers a two goal advantage but Mlapa scored for Rovers to get them back into the game.Monachello scored a third for Burton after seventy six minutes to put the result to bed for the home side.

Bournemouth stay in sixth after being held to a 1-1 draw at Hull City.Diamanti gave Hull a thirty third minute lead but the Cherries kept going and equalised in the second half with a goal from Montero.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 10-PT 2

Leicester City were well beaten at home by Southampton 4-1.Corgnets scored a hat trick for the Saints with Slavchev adding the other.Di Natale scored for the Foxes.

Oldham Athletic lost 3-0 at home to Wycombe Wanderers.All the goals came in the second half for the Chairboys and came from Ayew,Cesar and Castro.

Stockport County came away from Brentford with a 2-1 victory.Gudelj gave County an early lead but Anderson levelled the match with a goal on nineteen minutes.It was an eighty second minute penalty from Podelje that earned the points for Stockport.

Cardiff City drew 1-1 at home to Accrington Stanley.City were in front with a goal from Gignac but Dier equalised for Stanley in the second half.

Millwall and Leyton Orient drew 0-0 in the London derby.

SMH's DIVISION 1 PREDICTIONS

duqk6E7Wyr.jpg

Disclaimer: Smh's views may offend

EVERTON-MAN UNITED

Last years Houdini act take on rejuvinated Man United. Man U had lost there way for a few season but the 4 times champions look to have got their act together, in my book they are favourite for the league and today they will chew up and spit out Everton like a tasteless bit of chewing gum.

Prediction: Easy Man United win

Sunderland-Boro

Two teams who are pinching below their weight this season, it is like a match between Chit and Chitter, have a feeling Boro will be bottom after todays game.

Prediction: Sunderland to wipe the floor with Boro like an old man with a mop

Arsenal-Spurs

The Spanish Arse-nal are struggling this season like an illegal Mexican immigrant trying to make ends meet, I think they will continue to suffer as they take on Ben's Spurs who are doing there annual early season top of the league stint, yes we know it won't last but today they will be victorious.

Prediction: Spuds for 3 points

Bolton-Liverpool

Last seasons title challengers seem to be suffering from Moyes-syndrome this season they have a decent record against the reds but I can see Liverpool squashing them like a wee midgee today.

Prediction: Liverpool win to nil

Watford-Huddersfield

Two teams struggling now they are in with the big boys, it's a little league game today though so will go for a share of the spoils.

Prediction: Bore Draw

Stoke-Derby

Both teams are punching above their weight this season, I can see this being an entertaining game, I will sit on the fence with this one and call draw.

Prediction: Draw

Swansea-Fulham

Last years champions take on Fulham who were struggling badly until a mystery assistant helped out boy wonder, Dom would love to see his team get one over on Swansea as I know he wasn't amused about them coming in and winning the top prize at first attempt after his many years of failure, I think Fulham will win because Dom is still on his break, they will start to fail again when he comes back though that is a given. :)

Prediction: Fulham by an odd goal win

Carlisle-West Brom

David is doing a great job with West Brom but I feel he will come unstuck against the underrated tactical magician at Carlisle, they have yet to really get started but the 3 points earned here will get them in a push for the top.

Prediction: Easy home win

Chelsea-Charlton

Hummels and Chellini missing is not exactly what Chelsea need after that humiliating 5-0 defeat to Walsall last time out, I can see Charlton inflicting another damaging scoreline to them today.

Prediction: Charlton to run riot

Walsall-Swindon

Walsall have traded well and have a decent looking team for a small club they should easily beat league whipping boys Swindon as it doesn't take a crystal ball to see where they will be playing next season.

Prediction: Walsall to have more shots than a machine-gunner at the practice range

Leeds_United_Logo.png

Leeds United Appoint Robinson

Yesterday saw Yorkshire side Leeds United appoint former Spurs, Stoke and Bristol City manager Joe Robinson as their new boss

Robinson had recently spoken publicly about his regret on leaving Spurs and also his desire to get back involved in 7046, therefore when speaking to the media he was undoubtedly pleased to be back.

Joe Robinson

I am thrilled to have returned to 7046 and also delighted it is with such a big club in Leeds United. I know I am very lucky to be here, and I am also very privileged too. I'd like to thank the board for taking a chance on me and hope the fans will grow to like my style and philosophy. I've inherited a talented crop of players, but that doesn't mean everyone's future lies here at Leeds

In football not all decisions go down well, with critics feeling he's had enough chances in this illustrious set up, however Robinson stated earlier in the season he is the first to admit his track record isn't the best. Leeds United's first match with Robinson in charge will be at home to Wigan Athltic who currently lie just above the relegation zone. However Leeds are currently in a poor run of form and Robinson isn't too pleased with the fitness of the players

Joe Robinson

Well Saturdays game will be very tough. The side are low on confidence and also their fitness is below what I would expect, therefore are key players may play now part in the game or even on Wednesday, so it'll take some time for u to find our feet and progress towards those promotion places, but I have every confidence will be fine.

There was also confirmation at the press conference that Andrea Pirlo will be the club captain, and that already there is a lot of interest in the versatile Dutch international Daley Blind, however Robinson wouldn't be drawn too much on these rumours.

1360525188_938041_1360525322_noticia_normal.jpg

Joe Robinson pleased to be back in 7046

header_logo.png

DIVISION 1 ROUND-UP

Everton twice took the lead against Man United firstly through ex-Liverpool player Schwaab then again by Lewandowski after Higuain had pulled it level at 1-1 but Everton couldn't hold to the whistle as Modric scored with a couple of minutes to play to earn Man United an away point.

Middlesbrough inflicted Sunderland with back to back defeats thanks to goals by Fabregas & Xavi.

League leaders Spurs easily outclassed the Spanish Arsenal with a three goal win, Flamini bagged a brace and RVP added the final goal.

Stoke edged out Derby with a 2-1 win, Ba opened the scoring for Stoke before Sturridge levelled things up, Raffael had the last word though as he won the game for Stoke.

Liverpool moved up to second place thanks to a two goal win over Bolton, Robben and Rooney were the marksmen.

West Brom edged out Carlisle with am odd goal win, Dost was the match winner.

Watford and Huddersfield fought out an exciting 2-2 draw, Morrison opened for Watford before Cassano and Grosskreutz turned the tie for Huddersfield, Greek hitman Motroglou evened things up in the last ten minutes.

Champions Swansea eased to victory over Fulham, Ramires put them 1-0 up early before Italian duo Candreva and Balzaretti added the second and third, Walcott grabbed a consolation for limp Fulham late on.

Chelsea shared the spoils with Charlton with Negredo cancelling out Costa's opener.

Little Swindon continue to struggle as Walsall add another nice victory to that 5-0 mauling of Chelsea last time out, today they won 3-0 with Carvalho opening the scoring before Keissling fired in a brace.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 11-PT 1

Leaders Sheffield Wednesday were stunned as they went four behind at home to Cardiff City in the first half.Amalfitano,Lavezzi,Gignac and Zuculini got the goals for City with Antei getting a late consolation for the Owls.

Southend United held on to second place with a 2-2 draw at Dagenham and Redbridge.Campbell got the opening goal for United but Kosecki equalised for Dagenham.Jocic again put the Shrimpers in front but the lead only lasted a minute before Abdellaoue levelled things again for the Daggers.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are up to third after they overcame Stockport County 2-1 at Molineux.Jerome scored just after the interval for County but Wolves struck back with goals from Emenike and Toivonen.

Shrewsbury Town are down to fourth with a 0-0 draw at Wycombe Wanderers.

Doncaster Rovers stay in fifth with a 1-0 win at home to Millwall.Mlapa got the winner for Rovers after four minutes.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 11-PT 2

Bournemouth are still in sixth place in the league table after a 2-0 win at home to Oldham Athletic who are now at the foot of Division Four.Brunt and Osvaldo got the Bournemouth goals.

Southampton were beaten 1-0 at home by Bristol Rovers.Ciani was the man on target for Rovers.

Accrington Stanley were 2-0 winners at home to Leicester City.Quintero got a first half goal for Stanley with Morata adding a second after the break.

Burton Albion came from behind to win 2-1 at home to Brentford.Bergara got the Brentford goal after eighteen minutes but Albion hit back in the second half with strikes from Castro and Zarate.

Leyton Orient were held to a 0-0 draw at home by Hull City.

LIVERPOOL ON EDGE FOR FINAL CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAME

7046LIVERPOOL_zpsa5c01bb5.jpg

Liverpool find themselves in a somewhat precarious situation in the Champions League, for the last few seasons we have cruised through the group stages with ease but this season things are a little different, we got matched in a group with three German teams and we have somewhat struggled to express dominance, with one game to play it is very open with us and Dortmund level on eight points and Leverkusen just one point behind on seven, we take on the bottom team Wolfsburg knowing a win will see us through but defeat or a draw could have us out of the Champions League depending on the result between Dortmund and Leverkusen, things are a little nervy on Anfield.

471.jpg

Robben is Liverpool's top scorer in the CL this season

Liverpool eased past Wolfsburg 5-2 in the reverse fixture but they played a strange 3-3-4 formation which is to be honest my favourite formation to play against, Wolfsburg have varied their formation between the 3-3-4 and the 4-3-3 in the group, for us I think we will go with a 4-2-3-1 formation this season and try to give Robben room to push the attack to our advantage, very disappointing that Ribery is on the long-term injured as he would have been a great asset for the game but in Willian we have a good replacement, Rooney who has been mostly used in midfield this season will take over up top, hopefully we push on and win this game to ensure the fans a chance to watch the team in the knock-out stages.

Crystal-ball.jpg

Swindon-Everton

Swindon will grab points in places which will be needed to survive, they grabbed a point each from Boro and Liverpool and all 3 points from Champions Swansea, Everton will see this as a chance to grab an easy three points, possible banana skin?

Man United-Sunderland

Man United have only lost once (Liverpool) with their new formation stolen from Fulham, they take on Sunderland who are having a tough time of things this season, there have been 24 goals in the last 4 games between the sides so we should be set for a cracker.

Prediction: Sunderland win

Boro-Arsenal

These sides sit in 19th and 15th respectively, both of the sides need to pull their socks up or will be challenging for a place in d2 by the end of the season, I can see Fabregas and Mandzukic helping Boro to gain a vital win here.

Prediction: Boro win by odd goal

Spurs-Bolton

Runaway league leaders Spurs take on struggling Bolton, I would like to see Spurs fail here but with the two sides form I can only see one winner.

Prediction: Spurs win

Liverpool-Watford

First meeting between the sides today, Watford are struggling for points but Liverpool tend to drop points against the smaller teams, I doubt they will drop any here though against the 3-5-2.

Prediction: Liverpool win

Huddersfield-Stoke

Stoke are built to frustrate teams as you can see by their top three players all being defenders, they take on my old club Huddersfield who have done quite well so far on their return to the top flight, this is a tight game but I have a feeling Stoke will edge this.

Prediction: Stoke to edge this

Derby-Swansea

Champions Swansea are rolling along nicely with no signs of second season syndrome they take on Derby today who have started the season well sitting a place above Swansea in sixth, Swansea were unbeaten against Derby for the last two seasons, I can't see that changing today.

Prediction: Score draw

Fulham-Carlisle

Both these sides are in need of the three points as they lie in 16th and 13th respectively, Carlisle are bang out of sorts though with just one win in last six, tough one to call this is.

West Brom-Chelsea

High-flying Brom are sitting in 3rd place and they seem to be working that 4-5-1 quite well, they take on Chelsea who have had a bit of a defensive crisis of late with a bunch of defenders injured, they only have Hummels out now so I would expect a better showing.

Prediction: Everything points to a stalemate

Charlton-Walsall

Both these sides are showing improved form compared to last season with both sides sitting inside the top ten, Walsall have won 4 of last 6 so with that and the fact they beat Charlton home and away last season they are the favourites to win here.

Prediction: Walsall win

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 12-PT 1

Southend United take over at the top of the League after a 1-0 win at home to Wycombe Wanderers.Kadir got the winner for the Shrimpers when he scored after fourteen minutes.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are up to second with a 4-1 win away at Brentford.The Bees stung Wolves when Ilsinho scored on seventeen minutes but Wanderers kept going and answered with goals from Hernanes,Ryder,Emenike and Bradley.

Doncaster Rovers climbed to third with a 1-0 victory at Hull City.Jedinak scored the crucial goal for Doncaster just after the half hour.

Sheffield Wednesday are down to fourth place after a 3-1 defeat at Leicester City.The Foxes were three in front with goals from Goulat(2) and Vidal before Wakaso got one back for the Owls.

Shrewsbury Town slip to fifth after being held to a 1-1 draw at home by sixth placed Bournemouth.Osvaldo gave the Cherries an eighteenth minute lead but the Shrews drew level when Gentner scored on thirty three minutes.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 12-PT 2

Cardiff City were 2-0 winners at home to Dagenham and Redbridge.The goals both came in the second half from Dirar and Gignac.

Stockport County won 4-2 when they hosted Southampton.Mauri,Ambrosini,Juanfran and Johannson scored for County with Clayton and Vuckic on target for the Saints.

Bristol Rovers were 2-1 victors in their home game versus Accrington Stanley.Immers got both goals for Rovers with Kelvin getting the consolation for Stanley.

A high scoring game at Millwall saw the Lions win 4-3 against Burton Albion.Nilmar was the hero for Millwall as he scored a hat trick with Rodriguez scoring the other goal.Albion's goals were scored by Bardsley(og),Jadson and Castro.

The bottom two clubs met as Oldham Atletic took on Leyton Orient.The match ended 2-2 despite Oldham taking a two goal lead when Demetriou and Tiago scored.Orient hit back with strikes from Rozzi and Castillo.

Sky_Bet_Championship.png

PREVIEWS/PREDICTIONS

Burnley vs Aston Villa

Rock bottom Burnley are currently really struggling to find a decent bit of form. Having finished 16th last season their early season form looks to have given fans an early warning that they could well be in another relegation threatened season, unless their big name players step up and prove their worth. Villa currently find themselves in mid table after and up and down start to their season. After good wins over MK Dons and Portsmouth they were then handed a drubbing at Wigan, which could hurt their confidence.

Prediction: For me I can see the Clarets of Burnley snatching all the spoils in a tight game. 2-1 to the home side

Northampton Town vs Portsmouth

Since returning to the set up I still cannot get over just how good this Northampton side is. The quality in all positions and very youthful side too is phenommenal and has left me very impressed. The young side however currently lie in 11th position in the table and have won their last 2, a good run could see them propel up the table I can see them being in the top come seasons end. Pompey are currently in 6th place but their indifferent form of a late looks to be concerning. A win on Wednesday over the struggling Burnley will help lift spirits and with some big name players they could shock a few other the "bigger" sides

Prediction: I can't see Pompey really troubling the Cobblers too much, despite the fact that Lovren and Benteke are out of this one. 2-0 home win

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Milton Keynes Dons

After a torrid start to the season the Seagulls are flying now, with just 1 defeat in 6 league games and also a cup win over the mighty Arsenal confidence at the club is high. Also with Carlos Baca banging in the goals the fans will feel on high too. Dons on the other hand are falling and falling fast. Despite some of the biggest names in the game at the club manager Trafford has so far been unable to stop the rot that is going on, however with the talent at their disposal I'm sure things will turn around soon.

Prediction: Based on form it's a home win every time, but you can't help but feel those big name players can click and destroy a side. Therefore I'm going to say a goal scoring draw. Close, end to end, 2-2

Tranmere Rovers vs Exeter City

A game between 2 of the lower league sides of the division. Tranmere are dropping at an alarming rate and have lost their last 4 and failed to score in the last 3. The visitors are currently under new management but are yet to register a win in the league since the 23rd of August, so both sides are on a downer.

Prediction: I struggle to see a side winning and therefore will have to go for a draw, at that I can't see many goals either, so for me, 0-0

Ipswich Town vs Sheffield United

An early top of the table clash at Portman Road. The Tractor Boys were flying however Forest put pay to their good form Wednesday evening outclassing them and taking all 3 points. With so many players in one squad does the manager even know his own best 11? The Blades currently sit top of the pile after their opposition for Saturdays games defeat to Forest. After their opening say loss Sheffield United haven't looked back having not lost a league game since.

Prediction: Going to sit on the fence for this one, I feel it could be a cagey encounter but neither side will lose. 1-1

Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest

Having seen the players in this City side I was baffled to see them in Division 2, even more bemused to hear they were a Division 3 side last season! However despite the new management bringing them straight back up, City have failed so far to set the league a light. With the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Di Maria and more at the club, are they still lacking the right man in the manager hot seat? Forest moved second with their win over Ipswich and are looking like a side who want to return to the top flight. Costa Rican front man Bryan Ruiz is on fire, with 8 goals and 5 assists in 9 starts he's certainly not to be looked over. With long term manager Mo still at the club I'm sure he'll have a plan for City's big name players.

Prediction: I can't see City winning, even with their big names. Forest for me will sneak this one. 0-1

Bury vs Bristol City

A game between two sides who currently lie in the play off positions. Looking over the history of the two sides it's clear that Bristol certainly have the upper hand over their hosts and Bury will need top scorer Agbonlahor to bag a goal or 2 to change that record. However the visitors are coming in to the game on the back of 2 defeats, but do boast a strike partnership of Welbeck and Adebayor that could well keep their current good record over Bury going.

Prediction: An away win for me on this one, but only if Adebayor and Welbeck feature. 1-3

Blackburn Rovers vs Preston North End

Rovers have certainly looked to have turned their season around. After suffering a handful of defeats they come into this fixture with high scoring wins over Leeds and Newcastle and also a good win away at Palace. Preston on the other hand could do better. Having beaten City at Eastlands they were then smashed at home to Bury and therefore would have had that confidence knocked out of them.

Prediction: The hosts will be too strong and could run riot. 3-0

Leeds United vs Crystal Palace

The Yorkshire side picked up their first win under new boss Robinson on Wednesday against an un fit looking Newcastle side. Since then they have signed a few new faces and also kept a hold of Daley Blind, and it looks as though the majority of the side are regaining full fitness. Palace are struggling to get going but will be buoyed by their wins over City and Yeovil at home, but it's their away form that is costing them dearly

Prediction: Can't really predict on my own sides results :P

Newcastle United vs Wigan Athletic

An unfit Newcastle side tasted defeat on wednesday, and with those players needing resting they could struggle. Their recent record against the Latics isn't that impressive so could well have done with their star name players. Wigan have won their last 2 games and look to have turned a corner and if string a few more good wins together will look contenders to push for those play offs.

Prediction: Newcastle will struggle and Wigan's will claim all the spoils. 0-2

Y5rixva_zps92951aa1.png

Sunderland going German.Sunderland hits the market again.

These are hard times for Sunderland.They're struggling.Their manager didn't had enough time to perfect the tactics,untill now.They are back into the market.They bought a new captain.Hard to guess who that is?It's Mats Hummels.BvB's ex-captain,world's best Center-back,the World Champion.Mats,who's injured at the moment but he'll automatically come back into Sunderland's first eleven to take the arm band away from Hugo Lloris who seems to settle himself in the town by signing a new contract with the club.Hummels' coming from Chelsea where he played 40 games and netted 5 goals.The German international will have an usual partner in the defence,the other World Champion,Jerome Boateng.Sunderland got Hummels,but what they paid for him?They gave Alaba away.Now they are apparently without a left-back,aren't they?No,they aren't.They moved fast and they got another Alaba,they got Jordi Alba.Jordi,the spanish sensation from the left,the thunderbolt is joining Sunderland after years of negotiations and many tries from Raz to get him off Newman's Tottenham.Alba been a Sunderland player in 2010 but somehow he ended at Tottenham.It doesn't matter now.After 5 seasons and a half of being Tottenham's main Left-back,he'll move upon the North and be Sunderland's newest player as well as being Reus' partner on the left flank.Sunderland didn't stopped here.They weren't happy enough just with Alba from Tottenham.They've got another World Champion in the person of Sami Khedira.After 4 seasons and a half at Tottenham,the World Champion comes to Sunderland to fight for his place into the starting eleven with Javi Martinez or Thiago.It'll be a joy to watch them fighting for the starting spot in the first eleven,because there is only one spot available.Why?Because Sunderland didn't stopped here.Ilkay Gundogan is coming in aswell.On his way to come back on the pitch,actually he'll join Walsall's normal trainings on Sunday before leaving for Sunderland was apparently assured of his starting spot here in Sunderland.You'd expect Sunderland to stop here,but they didn't.Surprisingly or not,they shipped out Mario Gotze.For some reasons the manager,Raz, doesn't want him anymore on the team.He might come out and say why he sold a talent like Gotze but he didn't sold him cheap though.Diego Costa is coming.Yes,that Diego Costa.Suarez and Diego Costa upfront,supplied by Eden Hazard or Marco Reus.What a great attack this should be.Apparently,when they sold Alaba they didn't had a deal lined up for Jordi Alba,but Raz simply went all in assuming that he won't have any problems in finding a new left-back.He ended up giving a guy like Sergio Busquets to Spurs,the main title contenders at the moment,but Sergio wasn't needed anymore with Javi Martinez finally moving to his favourite position,Defensive Midfielder.Since De Sciglio will move to Tottenham as a part of the deal,who's gonna be Carvajal's back-up?Who gonna accept that role?Raz didn't had a deal lined up for that one either.Though,he moved fast.Sebastian Rudy,the German surprise.When Joachim Low used him as Germany's starting back against Scotland it was one of the biggest surprises of the day but it proved to be a great choice.Rudy was one of the best footballers on the pitch,even delivering a great assist.Everything turned out good for Sunderland.If they will make more moves in the market,only God knows but they have a well balanced team and they got no excuses for their poor form.

We'd like to welcome Sebastian Rudy,Mats Hummels,Jordi Alba,Sami Khedira,Ilkay Gundogan and Diego Costa to Stadium of Light.

Y5rixva_zps92951aa1.png

Hugo Lloris remains a Black Cat

After some speculations regarding Hugo's future on Stadium of Light,the club decided to end them by proposing a new 5 years deal to the French Goalkeeper.Lloris is officially a Sunderland player untill 2019 signing a new contract for the same wages just to prove his point and how much he loves his role here.Lloris is Sunderland's captain and is one of the oldest players in the team.He is a model for the young lads on and out the field.This is Lloris' second season at Sunderland after coming from Everton in a spectacular deal for Salvatore Sirigu.He has established himself as one of the finest goalkeepers in Premier League and one of the best in Europe.Despite Sunderland's poor form at the moment,Lloris is confident that the club can still bounce back and return to the form from the start of the season.Lloris who is only 27 at the moment has left at least 8 or 9 years at an world class level and he hopes that he'll live these 8 or 9 years in the North,in Sunderland,on Stadium of Light.

stockportlogo_zpscd51b1e3.jpg

Stockport County

September Review

P:10 W:3 D:0 L:7

A Stefano MAURI led revival saw Stockport County finally break their 22 game winless drought with a hard fought 1-0 win over Bristol Rovers. It was also the first win for Stockport County manager WillC in the setup and remarkably, just 4 days later the team made it back to back wins with an impressive 2-1 away win at Brentford.

On the tactical front, a change of formation back to the 3-5-2 resulted in positive results which lifted the club out of last place. However, the month also featured 7 losses by just one goal which is disappointing but shows that we are thereabouts and is an encouraging sign for the month ahead..

---------------------------

29 SEPT:Stockport County Club Champion update

Club Champion ...

Matchday 6. Southend United 2-1 Stockport County

3: Lenny NANGIS, 2: Karim FREI, 1: Bouna SARR

Matchday 7. Stockport County 2-3 Cardiff City

3: Stefano MAURI, 2: Nemanja GUDELJ, 1: Cameron JEROME

Matchday 8. Leicester City 1-0 Stockport County

3: Stefano MAURI, 2: Juan CARRIZO, 1: Aron JOHANNSSON

Matchday 9. Stockport County 1-0 Bristol Rovers

3: Stefano MAURI, 2: Jano ANANIDZE, 1: Cameron JEROME

Matchday 10. Brentford 1-2 Stockport County

3: Nemanja GUDELJ, 2: Maxime POUNDJE, 1: Stefano MAURI

Matchday 11. Wolverhampton 2-1 Stockport County

3: Cameron JEROME, 2: Aron JOHANNSSON, 1: Juan CARRIZO

English Shield R2. Stockport County 1-2 AFC Bournemouth

3: Alessio ROMAGNOLI, 2: Maxime POUNDJE, 1: Steven BERGHUIS

Matchday 12. Stockport County 4-2 Southampton

3: Massimo AMBROSINI, 2: Stefano MAURI, 1: Garcia JUANFRAN

Leaderboard 12/38

Stefano MAURI – 12 votes

Cameron JEROME – 10 votes

Aron JOHANNSSON – 9 votes

Karim FREI – 7 votes

Jano ANANIDZE – 6 votes

Juan CARRIZO – 6 votes

Maxime POUNDJE – 6 votes

Lenny NANGIS – 6 votes

Accrington Stanley 3 - 2 Stockport County

William Chen was unable to prevent a Stockport County defeat to Accrington Stanley.

Stockport County slumped to a 3 - 2 defeat to Accrington Stanley in their Division 4 fixture.

Gudelj and Jóhannsson were amongst the goalscorers.

CC13_zpse129d58e.jpg

brknews_zps17cdacc9.jpg

BETTING SCANDAL STRIKES NEWPORT!

CLUB STATEMENT: Stockport County Football club can confirm that Stockport manager WillC is assisting the SMFA's investigation into allegations relating to betting on football.

WillC met with SMFA officials this morning and is fully cooperating with their investigation.

The club will continue to support William throughout the period of the investigation.

The club will make no further comment at this time.

EARLIER: Stockport County manager, WillC is part of the investigation into a football betting scandal, Breaking-Newsaper understands.

The focus of the investigators will be an alleged 'exotic bet' placed on the match between Stockport County and Accrington Stanley on Saturday.

An online betting agency has revealed that a $1000 bet was placed on the 3-2 correct scoreline under the managers name. Prosecutors argue that after taking a 2-1 lead, the managers decision to sub out 3 of their first XI players for three U21 youth players in the second half was suspicious and only heightens the allegation.

SMFA Chief Joe Bloggs, told reporters that Wednesday's fixture featuring Stockport County could be postponed because of the criminal probe.

UPDATE: Stockport Manager, WillC has strongly denied the allegations claiming that he has never used the internet before.

The investigators have concluded that it was not possible to place this bet without knowing how to use the internet. Therefore, the case has been thrown out.

This comes as a relief for Stockport County as they look to get back in the winners circle when they play Sheffield Wednesday this week.

Common sense has prevailed today. Now I can focus on our next fixture where we face a challenging match against 5th place Sheffield Wednesday. They have a fair few players that are NMF so it will be a fantastic opportunity to pick up a win in front of our home fans.

TEAM SELECTION

IN: J.ANANIDZE' date=' K.FREI

OUT: M.POUNDJE (dropped), N.GUDELJ (rested)

Crystal-ball.jpg

EVERTON-ARSENAL

Arsenals last six games have seen them thrashed in the Cup by Birmingham, knocked out of the shield by Brighton and defeats in the league to Liverpool, Spurs, Man United & Boro they are away at Everton who are in good form with 11 points from last six games, Everton have not beat them in the league over the home and away from last two seasons they won't get much better chances than this though.

PREDICTION:Everton win

SWINDON-SUNDERLAND

Swindon punched above their weight last season by winning a slot in the top division, they will struggle this season with the squad they have but that is to be expected and I am sure that they would be very happy with a 17th placed finish, they are 5 points adrift at the bottom but that is not an insurmountable gap with just over a third of the season gone, they take on Sunderland today who are not in the best of form, their last league win was eight games ago so that in itself gives Swindon a chance of nicking something but for me their is too much class difference between the sides and I think Raz will get Sunderland back to winning ways here.

PREDICTION: Sunderland win

MAN UNITED-BOLTON

Bolton seemed to have started to find some form with a win and a draw in the last two games but they are a long way off the form which saw them finish 5th place last season, they have good form against Man United with 3 wins from 4 over the last two seasons against them, Man United though look a different kettle of fish this season and that is evident by the fact they have only lost 1 game this season, I think this will be close but I Man United will just edge it.

PREDICTION: Man United win by odd goal

MIDDLESBORO-WATFORD

Boro are in dire straits this season, I am not sure if this is because not enough attention is being paid to the tactics and team or just the fact they are starting to fall apart, this is a big match for them against newly promoted Watford who were many peoples favourites to be relegated at the start of the season, Watford humped Boro 5-2 in the shield just over a week ago, can they do the same in the league?

PREDICTION; Watford to heap more pressure on the fallen former champion

SPURS-STOKE

Spurs awesome 10 match unbeaten streak was ended last turn by defeat to Watford they face a Stoke side who are playing quite well and they have a decent defence even without the injured Zabaleta, if they can keep RVP quiet I think they will manage to get something from this.

PREDICTION: Draw

LIVERPOOL-SWANSEA

Liverpool only managed a point over the two games against Swansea last season and considering Swansea finished two points clear this was part of the reason they did not retain their title, the two teams are doing well this season with both on 23 points, I have a feeling this may end all square.

HUDDERSFIELD-CARLISLE

Carlisle are doing very poor this season and they occupy one of the relegation spots because of that, they take on Huddersfield who are doing well since their promotion last season, if this was to be called on form it would be an easy home win but I think Carlisle may surprise here.

PREDICTION: Carlisle win

DERBY-CHELSEA

Only a place separates Derby and Chelsea with both sides pushing for top 4, this will be a close game but I can see Derby edging this

FULHAM-WALSALL

Walsall are playing well but with Gindogan and Keisling injured I think they will struggle against Fulham, Fulham beat them home and away last season and I think they may repeat that this season.

PREDICTION: Easy Fulham win

WBA-CHARLTON

West Brom are flying this season under David and have a 2nd place position to show for that, they take on Charlton who are playing quite well, I think West Brom will win this as Charlton may miss the injured Ledesma & Astori.

PREDICTION: West Brom win

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 13-PT 1

Doncaster Rovers are the new leaders in Division Four after they won 2-0 at home to basement club Oldham Athletic.Viera and Nababkin had the game sewn up for Rovers within thirty four minutes.

Sixth placed Bournemouth won 3-1 at home to Southend United who are down to second.Sandro gave the Cherries the lead but Sissoko levelled for United to make it all square at the interval.Osvaldo scored two second half goals for Bournemouth to seal the victory.

Shrewsbury Town are up to third place with a 1-0 win at Leyton Orient.Kalou got the winning goal after sixty six minutes of the contest.

Wolverhampton Wanderers slip to fourth after a 1-0 defeat at Southampton. It was a second half strike from Vuckic that won the match for the Saints.

Sheffield Wednesday lost a little ground as they went down to fifth place following a 1-1 draw at home to Bristol Rovers.Beister had given the Owls a first half lead but Wanderson equalised for Rovers in the sixty fourth minute.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 13-PT 2

Dagenham and Redbridge lost 1-0 at home to Leicester City.Behrami got the crucial goal for the Foxes.

Accrington Stanley were 3-2 winners against Stockport County.Kelvin put Stanley in front but County fought back to take the lead with goals from Gudelj and Johannsson.Stanley weren't to be outdone though as they scored another two goals from Morata and Garcia to win the match.

Wycombe Wanderers won 3-1 at home to Cardiff City.Two goals from Ayew and one from Castro had given Wanderers a three goal cushion before Lavezzi got one back for City.

The London derby between Millwall and Brentford ended in a 0-0 stalemate.

Burton Albion were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Hull City.Vossen had put Hull into an early lead but Albion were level two minutes after the break when Ponce scored.

fulhamnights.gif

Latouche wants more from the creative artists at Fulham

Fulham have been a model of consistency for many many seasons in 7046 and pride themselves of keeping things flowing and have yielded great results. That has all gone with Caretaker managers , new players a plenty , a unsure of formations and Latouche unable to get the best from his creative force.

Its been a very poor start and I take the blame for this ' date=' We have been unsure on what we need to do break teams down and Ive not been seeing this coming. The players do need to step it up which they have been doing but I want to see more from the creative artists as teams are marking them agressively which is causing them to be bit part players. They need to find space and do what they do best as they are one of the best in the division but not currently showing this[/b'].

On todays game

We have put on Auba for Muriel as thing we have in our favour is explosive pace and huge creativty. Walcott ' date=' Auba , Falcao will be our frontmen with James , Draxler , Iker needing to find that spark to take there reasonably slow team out of the game. If they get on the ball we must press immedately if we do that Im confident they cant break us down.[/b']

Some recent transfers to report at Aldershot!

Vasili BEREZUTSKY has completed his move to CSKA Moskva from Aldershot Town for 8,418,500

We decided to sold russian defender Berezutsky. He was important for us, but we were getting into debt, so we needed to raise some cash, and 8.4M for him is a great deal and important to our finances. With the money we managed to sign some interesting players, to help a mate, and additionally we should be out of debt for a couple of weeks atleast!

Florentin POGBA has completed his move to Aldershot Town from AS Saint-Etienne for 3,323,000

Florentin Pogba is a direct replacement for Berezutsky. He's a strong CB, brother of french star Paul Pogba, and he's doing a great job at the back for a good Saint-Ettiene side! And he's only 24 years old when compared to Berezutsky who has probably peaked. I expect Pogba to rise nicely this season and he will be a very important player for our defence.

The offer for Thomas TOURÉ of Girondins Bordeaux from Aldershot Town has been accepted along with other club offers. Girondins Bordeaux will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Thomas Touré should be joining us in the next hours as i believe our offer (Martins Cesar (78) + 234k) is higher than Rochdale's one (1M). He's a young talented striker making an impact in Bordeaux's first team, scoring an amazing goal last match!

Elliott HEWITT has completed his move to Aldershot Town from Tottenham Hotspur for 2,500,000

When Ben asked us for some help, we just could not have refused. He's a class guy, he helped us before, and i'm glad we could help him back now! Hewitt will be back to Spurs when his TB is off.

Matheus BITECO has completed his move to Aldershot Town from Grêmio for 871,000

We also bought Biteco some days ago. He's a highly touted brazilian talent who got a nice run in Gremio's first team and should be in for a rise. More important, i believe he's a good one for the future.

We're very happy with these transfers! We also got a rise to report, young talent Joaquin Correa got a +3 to 80. I expect great things from him in the future, he's very talented!

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 14-PT 1

No change at the top as Doncaster Rovers remain in pole position with a 1-0 win at Shrewsbury Town who are down to sixth.Ki got the Doncaster winner after an hour.

Southend United stay second after they saw off Leyton Orient 4-1.Lasogga scored twice for the Shrimpers with Krychowiak and Kadir also finding the net.Bahebeck was on target for Orient.

Wolverhampton Wanderers are up to third with a 1-0 win at home to Accrington Stanley.Emenike got the only goal of the game in the seventy second minute.

Sheffield Wednesday moved up the table to fourth place after winning 3-1 away at Stockport County.Beister got a brace for the Owls with Wakaso adding the other.Juanfran scored for Stockport.

Bournemouth came away from Cardiff City with a 4-2 win to go into fifth spot.Dawidowicz was the Cherries hero as he netted a hat trick with Montero adding to the tally.City's two goals came from Amalfitano and Lavezzi.

DIVISION 4 REVIEW-MATCHDAY 14-PT 2

Leicester City drew 2-2 at home to Wycombe Wanderers.Wanderers led twice in the game with goals from Clark and Fontas but the Foxes hit back both times with strikes from Di Natale and Kalitvintsev.

Brentford won 2-1 at home to Southampton.Two goals in two minutes from Hoger and Van Der Heijden did the damage for the Bees.Clayton got a goal back for the Saints in the second half.

Bristol Rovers put Dagenham and Redbridge to the sword as they won 5-1.The Pirates went five in front with goals from Wanderson,Immers,Malli and Yobo(2) before Badu got a consolation for the Daggers.

Oldham Athletic were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Burton Albion.Zarate gave the Brewers a first half lead but Demetriou hit back for Oldham in the second period.

Hull City were beaten 3-1 at home by Millwall.Jelavic scored twice in the first half for Millwall with Cardozo adding a third in the sixty second minute.Barrada got one back for the Tigers eight minutes later.

SMH's DIVISION 1 -4 ONE MATCH PREDICTIONS

Crystal-ball.jpg

DIVISION 1

Arsenal-Sunderland

You have to wonder why these two teams are struggling at the depths of the division when you look at some of the quality in the sides, Sunderland have a massive 15 players rated between 90-95 and Arsenal have 13 players rated between 90-95, for them to be sitting in 17th and 18th position is a sin, could this be an early season relegation battle?Sunderland's last win was 9 games ago which is very surprising , Arsenal have been in poor form but managed a decent win against Everton last game, I tipped Sunderland to win last game and even though I was wrong I think they will make amends here, I doubt it will be as emphatic as the 5-1 they beat Arsenal last time but I do think they will get the 3 points.

PREDICTION: Sunderland win

DIVISION 2

Bury-Sheffield United

Ex-Exeter boss Mr. Crawford has started life at new club Sheffield United well, that is of no surprise to me as he was the man who guided Exeter from the depths of division 4 to the promised land of the top-flight, Sheffield currently sit proud at the top of the division, they take on Bury who after two seasons of trying to survive in the top flight under Noisy they finally dropped a level to division 2, the manager seems to have adapted well to the drop as they nestle in at 5th position, both clubs have a couple of players missing through injury(Granero & Faizulin of Bury & Adrian & Prato of Sheffield) how this will affect the game I don't know, looking at Sheffield's stats they have won all 7 home games but away they have a 2-4-1 read, I think Bury will make their advantage of playing at home worthy of at least a point.

PREDICTION: Close low scoring game ending in a draw

DIVISION3

Norwich-Notts County

I am not much of a fan of the business model of Notts County where they have sold all their top players and brought in lots of expensive kids that will not ripen for a few seasons, they were relegated after finishing bottom of division 3 last season and without looking too much into my crystal ball it looks likely they will do the same this season and drop down to division 4,my disdain for the business model aside County have just one win this season, Norwich are in tenth under Ruts but there is a very close pack between 11th and 2nd with just 4 points separating the sides so a win here could propel then up a bit and who would back against them winning against Notts County? Not a wiseman.

Prediction: Easy win for Norwich

Division 4

Doncaster-Southend

Doncaster Boss Racky is looking to improve on his 5th placed finish last season and he is doing a decent job as he sits top of the tree after 14 games he takes on Southend who have settled in well for new Boss Mr. Inglis as they are chasing up Donny in 2nd place, Southend won the play-off semi between the sides last season so Racky and his Donny lads will be looking to exact some sort of revenge, with 5 wins from the last 6 games my money is on just that.

PREDICTION: Doncaster win