Be fast, Ligue 1 starts within 1 hour.

Site is here:

http://www.fantasyl1.eurosport.fr/app/start.jsp

It's in French, but registration is easy: just write anything that comes in mind to all the fields, it will go through. Basically, Prénom is First Name, surnom is last name, pays is country. They ask for e-mail, it is pretty obvious. That's only one that must be correct. Username is nom d'utilisateur but I' not sure if it was same in the sign in phase.

Then, the important parts are:

1. Mon équipe = My Team. There you can buy some players (Venez sur le marché des transferts) and select your XI (Ma composition d'équipe). Always: composition d'équipe for formation and marché des transferts for transfer market.

2. Ma ligue = My league. They're in alphabetical order, be sure to join the right one (do not miss this):

League name (Ligue): SM League

Password (Mot de passe): soccermanager

3. Règles de jeu = rules of game. Without translator this will be difficult to non-francophones, but you can see how much points you can get from different things.

If you can't beat us, join us - and if you think you can beat us, come and prove it!

Notes on the rules of game

The rules are ambiguous even in French, so I gather here some of the things we have found out so far.

1. Transfers are unlimited.

2. Player values don't change during the season.

3. You must always choose 1 more player to each part of field than what you need to your formation. So, if you play 4-4-2, you need 5 defs, 5 mids and 3 fwds. If you don't have at least 1 sub to each part of field, your team isn't valid for the round and points will be zero. 1 GK is enough though, and the minimum number of players in team is 14, maximum being 18.

4. The player positions affect the points you get, though the points chart doesn't actually tell you that. What matters is mostly that only defs and GKs get empty net bonuses.

5. Otherwise you get points from nearly everything, minus points too, except for played minutes. This may be intelligent: they never mind if player walks around the pitch for 90 minutes if he doesn't do anything, what they count are the events. Things such as fouls, suffered fouls, shots and tackles give you points. Players get quite easily to minus side too, so choose your captain carefully.

6. Points are given after whole round has been played. Everybody is used to EPL-fantasy where points are pretty immediate, but in Ligue 1 fantasyit goes more slowly. About 24 hours from end of last match of round, you'll get your points. Try to understand, they need to count tackles, crosses etc.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ligue 1 Fantasy Killer round. European Cups started, and all the clubs that are hot, Caen and Rennes excluded, played. LOSC had the hardest part, a 0-0 in somewhere down in Transylvania, at thur

Re: Ligue 1 Fantasy

I just bump this thread back up. First round is played, but we all miserably failed to predict that round (though Insider less miserably than others) so you can still beat us all. Better yet, because in this Fantasy Football the player prices don't change, you have no disadvantage in buying hot players. Come and join our league, instructions in first post.

I'm also in. My knowledge of French football sucks and I expect you lot to beat me all. :o

Don't overestimate us. Top of first round got some 150 points, top of our league, Insider, got some 45 points or something. :( You may well beat us all. Let's see how the transfer system works, I have some moves to make to save my game and my pride....

So, after the first round some things have revealed:

1. Despite of what the rather under-detailed table made me think, the player position does affect the points: midfielders and attackers don't get empty sheet bonuses.

2. Transfers are unlimited during the league as well.

You guys are really bad if I'm first :S

I guess Nene bailed me out with half of my points.

Yeah. To me, picking Le Tallec for captain got me 2/3 of my points. And he didn't make exactly the points of Nene. Pretty badly picked the other 10 players, :o

But I'd say that the ambiguity of the game rules affects our first rounds. When we get more into how you get points in this game, we'll make better choices as well. Of course, if we pick losing players who concede goals, take cards and never score, we'll make bad points in any fantasy football. ;)

Yeah. To me' date=' picking Le Tallec for captain got me 2/3 of my points. And he didn't make exactly the points of Nene. Pretty badly picked the other 10 players, :o

But I'd say that the ambiguity of the game rules affects our first rounds. When we get more into how you get points in this game, we'll make better choices as well. Of course, if we pick losing players who concede goals, take cards and never score, we'll make bad points in any fantasy football. ;)[/quote']

Yep. Just picked my new teams and went with some better choices. Trasferred out Gonalons. He ended up with -1. Not good. Also got rid of Bastos, who is out for 8 months. Put Roux on the bench, which could backfire, but I have Sorin in goal so I'm counting on a clean sheet.

Hi Guys' date='

Thought I'd give this a try even though I'm a week late. Hope you don't mind. I don't speak French and got taught Latin at school so I'm running a little blind here but I'm entered as fmcunited and willing to give it a shot.[/quote']

Welcome! More there are players the better. And as I pointed out earlier, it's not late to beat us. There are 37 rounds left and we all had an awful first round.

Hi Guys' date='

Thought I'd give this a try even though I'm a week late. Hope you don't mind. I don't speak French and got taught Latin at school so I'm running a little blind here but I'm entered as fmcunited and willing to give it a shot.[/quote']

Same boat, without the latin and with my half my mind on the journey to Chelsea with the other half knowing nothing about Ligue 1, have to get my excuses for being so poor in early. ;)

Can you believe that Roux just scored...

I don't have him' date=' but I know somebody else who doesn't have him in there either... :)[/quote']

My captain from last week. I took him out because I had two Auxerre players in there and wanted to bet on Auxerre.

:mad:

Sochaux also losing. At least Valbuena and Niang are looking very threatenning.

Edit: Well, at least it's good for me SMEL wise.

I don't know where you heard from that Gourcuff is injured. He joined the practice Tuesday or Wednesday and in Thursday's training match he was in excellent form, scoring once and assisting two goals. Carasso, btw, played, against Gourcuff, which implies that Olimpa might still be starting... or not.

Marveaux, on the other hand, is injured and doesn't play tonight against Nancy. I have strong feeling that Nancy and Lorient will win tonight. It's first time Ligue 1 teams come to their new home grounds, where there's a new type of synthetic grass in use. Nancy's players already said that the ground is very different, the ball reacts differently on it etc. Though Rennes and Nice to my knowledge had one training sessions on that ground, I suppose that it will be strange to them this first match. More so than to home teams. Nancy has been in good form, Rennes players coming back from friendly match of France will eat them slightly. Gameiro plays tonight as well. I think odds are that Nancy and Lorient win their matches tonight.

Also, Marseille is in full crisis, nobody knowing who stays and who leaves. Samassa has just until tonight possibly though that he might be playing for VA tonight. So, chances are that OM takes second in a row.

Gignac is injured, Bordeaux with otherwise healthy squad, only missing Carasso and perhaps Planus. Looks good for Les Girondins and pretty tough for TFC, still only having only one real striker, namely Gignac. Bordeaux is my sure shot this round.

ASSE should be a good guess, despite losing first round. They have been promising.

My team is:

Le Tallec © - Gameiro

Wendel-Pjanic-Pedretti-Gourcuff-Ben Khalfallah

Marchal-Bourillon-Chalmé

Olimpa

If Olimpa doesn't play, my second is Penneteau. My only regret is that accidentally Le Tallec was left as captain, would have preferred it to be Pedretti or Gourcuff. However, he should be strong tonight, so I'm not miserable for that.

I don't know where you heard from that Gourcuff is injured. He joined the practice Tuesday or Wednesday and in Thursday's training match he was in excellent form' date=' scoring once and assisting two goals. Carasso, btw, played, against Gourcuff, which implies that Olimpa might still be starting... or not.[/quote']

I watched the Bordeaux game last weekend and he got injured then. I haven't heard any news about a recovery, so I assumed he was still injuried. Besides, I got Sessegnon and Marveaux for him. I don't regret the deal :D

Btw, is it just me who is watching the ASSE game? Sanogo scored.

I watched the Bordeaux game last weekend and he got injured then. I haven't heard any news about a recovery' date=' so I assumed he was still injuried. Besides, I got Sessegnon and Marveaux for him. I don't regret the deal :D

Btw, is it just me who is watching the ASSE game? Sanogo scored.[/quote']

But your Marveaux doesn't play, because he is injured. :P