• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ligue 1 Fantasy Killer round. European Cups started, and all the clubs that are hot, Caen and Rennes excluded, played. LOSC had the hardest part, a 0-0 in somewhere down in Transylvania, at thur

Respuesta: Ligue 1 Fantasy

Arrrgh yankin' out the hair on my head right now because I had to miss out a thrilling batch of games because I had to play a game. :mad::rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm happy I brought in Roux just yesterday. Had good feeling. :P On the downside, I still have Gonzalez and I bought Niang to replace Jelen and Gyan. I am now regretting choosing him over Bangoura. He better do better next time... :mad:

By the way, does anyone not have Sorin in their squad? :confused::P

Re: Respuesta: Ligue 1 Fantasy

Arrrgh yankin' out the hair on my head right now because I had to miss out a thrilling batch of games because I had to play a game. :mad::rolleyes:

Anyway' date=' I'm happy I brought in Roux just yesterday. Had good feeling. :P On the downside, I still have Gonzalez and I bought Niang to replace Jelen and Gyan. I am now regretting choosing him over Bangoura. He better do better next time... :mad:

[b']By the way, does anyone not have Sorin in their squad?[/b] :confused::P

I did, but he was a minus last week so I ditched him.

Re: Ligue 1 Fantasy

Is it possible to end up with zero points.... ? If so...I've managed to do it. :o:D:o

is going on w l'OM... ? CRAZZZY.

Exactly the crazy is going on in l'OM. Nobody knows who will be sold who will be bought. Btw, Ben Arfa is in Newcastle, while Deschamps says that he is needed in the team, after having practically tossed him out of it.

Oh, you just don't yet have the points. Today must be played as well, they give the points after that. But in fact, you could end up with 0 points, because (1) no points are given for mere appearing on pitch, (2) a lot of minus points are given too (for fouls, etc.)

Oh dear.... this round was probably even worse to me than last one. Only two of my players won their matches, and one of them only played 15 minutes, the other 21 minutes. On the good side, I wonder whether it will be counted an empty net for Marchal, since Sochaux scored all its goals after his 15 minutes. ;)

It doesn't stop there. Failing to change the captain, I have a captain who probably scored 0 points. At leas not minus points, I suppose. Only one goal scored by my whole team. I had managed to sell Gomis and Cavenaghi, who had 2 goals and 1 assist, respectively. Also Trémoulinas was in hot form, making dozens of crosses. I sold him before this round to have Chalmé, in my opinion less impressive, as Bordeaux attacked mostly down the left flank, Gourcuff and Trémoulinas combining beautifully many times. Bourillon seemed promising choice again, since I was pretty sure Lorient will have a good night, but that match (I had bet money for Lorient as well) was horror to watch, so one sided it was after Lorient's goal. Nice truly deserved that victory. Gameiro, my new purchase, who had scored 5 goals in 5 last home games, was a non-event. So I had 2 strikers who didn't score anything, one midfielder who hardly appeared on field, 3 AM's that didn't score anything, one defender who got injured in early phase and 2 defenders who conceded 2 goals both, as did my GK. Only Pedretti was on plus side, not only because of scoring a goal. Talk about a bad round...

I sort of misjudged how these matches would go. I was sure about Bordeaux's victory, but didn't see it coming that TFC would play agressive and violent game and be able to kill whole football. I really enjoyed Bordeaux's technical game, and am sad that it didn't bring the victory. Anybody who saw the match can agree that Bordeaux was the better team. I misjudged Lorient-Nice, and though I got it right about Valenciennes whooping Marseille, I couldn't believe that Ben Khal wouldn't start the match. One of their best players last season, if not the best.

I also counted on Rennes having sort of tired squad because many of their players were called to l'EDF, but Nancy's early red card totally changed the scene.

I must seriously do something to change the way this is going. It will be embarrassing if I'll lose this league. But hey, haven't we all been surprised by how this season has started? That some of the big fishes have trouble, but all of them?! Caen having the hardest possible start to League, meeting first l'OM then l'OL, and won both?! TFC being efficient with Gignac injured early to first match and taking the lead of the league?! Rennes' brand new young defence being super duper strong?! ASSE scoring for fun?! (Last season, they scored less than 30 goals in 38 matches, recalls I). Auxerre's games turning to ties despite of them controlling them?! Sorin making about 0 saves in two matches, yet Auxerre not winning anything? OM in crisis after just 3 months from title?! Bordeaux still unable to win?! OL not scoring?! Montpellier winning Bordeaux after losing to National side and some Hungarian team?! Valenciennes and Nice dominating?! Crazy start to this season. Can we expect another very tight season? A crazy season to come for sure...

Caen having the hardest possible start to League' date=' meeting first l'OM then l'OL, and won both?! TFC being efficient with Gignac injured early to first match and taking the lead of the league?! Rennes' brand new young defence being super duper strong?! ASSE scoring for fun?! (Last season, they scored less than 30 goals in 38 matches, recalls I). Auxerre's games turning to ties despite of them controlling them?! Sorin making about 0 saves in two matches, yet Auxerre not winning anything? OM in crisis after just 3 months from title?! Bordeaux still unable to win?! OL not scoring?! Montpellier winning Bordeaux after losing to National side and some Hungarian team?! Valenciennes and Nice dominating?! Crazy start to this season. Can we expect another very tight season? A crazy season to come for sure...[/quote']

El-Arabi! :D

That's what I'm saying ~ Everything can happen. I mean, Lens could end up in Europe, didn't I say that in the Ligue 1 thread ;)

Btw, got 72 points this round.

El-Arabi! :D

That's what I'm saying ~ Everything can happen. I mean' date=' Lens could end up in Europe, didn't I say that in the Ligue 1 thread ;)

Btw, got 72 points this round.[/quote']

Not everything, anything can happen (listen to Bob Marley) :D

But that's like times to times, doesn't mean that you could go to Europe with Sartre, Chelle and Aurier in your defence line. Not in Ligue 1. It's not that Lense couldn't beat some of the competitors, just not all that are better. I'm still quite confident that l'OL will win the title this season. LOSC the second, Bordeaux the third. One must wait until mercato is finished though and not make too early conclusions. Really have liked LOSC again, despite of two ties. They merited victories.

Auxerre's ties in sort don't surprise me. I said it last season that they're coming some places down, because last season, if there was a close match they were losing, it ended up as a tie, if it was a close match they were drawing, they eventually won it, etc. They got pretty much the maximum points they can have with that team, this season they may have a better team, but I doubt them getting maximum points possible. This season, they're going to make mistakes, be less efficient, have some bad luck. They also have European football without the depth in squad to play there. Therefore I suppose they'll have hard time to get to European competition for next season. Lorient has a too young squad, also problematic. PSG might be the 4th. They already last season were way stronger than what their table position signals, and this season they're significantly better.

Btw, I ended up having 50 something points. Le Tallec made me some points after all, but had the captain change gone through, I'd have some 10+ more points. Wel, anyway, that's not really well.

Insider still leads, I think he won this round too. Congrats. Compared to all players, it's pretty much just him who does compete. The whole fantasy league leader has got over 100 points from both rounds and is somewhere around 260 points atm. Still Insider's points are quite good.

Not everything' date=' [i']anything[/i] can happen (listen to Bob Marley) :D

But that's like times to times, doesn't mean that you could go to Europe with Sartre, Chelle and Aurier in your defence line. Not in Ligue 1. It's not that Lense couldn't beat some of the competitors, just not all that are better. I'm still quite confident that l'OL will win the title this season. LOSC the second, Bordeaux the third. One must wait until mercato is finished though and not make too early conclusions. Really have liked LOSC again, despite of two ties. They merited victories.

We will go to Europe, I'll bet with you about it if that's what you want to do.

Auxerre's ties in sort don't surprise me. I said it last season that they're coming some places down' date=' because last season, if there was a close match they were losing, it ended up as a tie, if it was a close match they were drawing, they eventually won it, etc. They got pretty much the maximum points they can have with that team, this season they may have a better team, but I doubt them getting maximum points possible. This season, they're going to make mistakes, be less efficient, have some bad luck. They also have European football without the depth in squad to play there. Therefore I suppose they'll have hard time to get to European competition for next season. Lorient has a too young squad, also problematic. PSG might be the 4th. They already last season were way stronger than what their table position signals, and this season they're significantly better.[/quote']

Same here, that didn't suprise me. Like you said on the Ligue 1 thread, Auxerre are a stable Ligue 1 team. I agree with that aswell. Anyway, back to question, Nancy, who came 5th 07/08 and therefore gained UEFA Cup play, finished 15th the upcoming season. I doubt Auxerre will finish that low, but European football, the two national cups, and the league might be two much for a squad like this who lack at depth. I personally can see Auxerre ending up on the places 9-12.

PSG, should atleast get a place so they can get a ticket to EL football for the next season, in my opinion. I believe this is the strongest PSG squad for ages, really. If even a good player like Jeremy Clement is on the bench, then the squad must be good! :D The only problem is the defensive problems (centre-back positions). Sakho is good and hopefully develop to the big star he have the potential of becoming of, but Camara/Traore are not good enough for PSG. If PSG weren't so broke, I wish they would have done something about it. I'm sure Kombouare will do something about it though when he has the cash to spend.

Same here' date=' that didn't suprise me. Like you said on the Ligue 1 thread, Auxerre are a stable Ligue 1 team. I agree with that aswell. Anyway, back to question, Nancy, who came 5th 07/08 and therefore gained UEFA Cup play, finished 15th the upcoming season. I doubt Auxerre will finish that low, but European football, the two national cups, and the league might be two much for a squad like this who lack at depth. I personally can see Auxerre ending up on the places 9-12.

PSG, should atleast get a place so they can get a ticket to EL football for the next season, in my opinion. I believe this is the strongest PSG squad for ages, really. If even a good player like Jeremy Clement is on the bench, then the squad must be good! :D The only problem is the defensive problems (centre-back positions). Sakho is good and hopefully develop to the big star he have the potential of becoming of, but Camara/Traore are not good enough for PSG. If PSG weren't so broke, I wish they would have done something about it. I'm sure Kombouare will do something about it though when he has the cash to spend.[/quote']

Bisevac should move there any day now, so then that part is fixed. Coupet is still one of the best GK:s too. Really strong team. Last year's team already was, but this is better, and then they have quality youngsters as a back up. Real quality. I'm pretty sure they'll make it to Europe, despite of Kombouaré.

Anyway, Auxerre's team is really tough, way tougher and more experienced than Nancy 07/08, and particularly better than Nancy 08/09. They can't every season make the maximum out of it, but I could see them being in top 10, even fighting for the place in Europe, though having hard time to get that. I thought 10-12 would be their place, until they got Le Tallec. Now I just rank them significantly better team. They don't lose their best players (as I already predicted during last season), because they're too old. Niculae wasn't a core player, and Le Tallec is times better. They're likely to drop out of CL in playoff, because of meeting Zenit. Let's face it: the Russians are in the middle of their season, at their top fit and form and haven't lost a match this season. Zenit is also bigger and richer club than Auxerre, and Auxerre meets them after only two serious matches, with some players (Jelen particularly, also Grichting) clearly unfit to season. Little chances. Europa League isn't really attractive, I bet Auxerre rather gives all and everything in Ligue 1 and plays reserves in Europa League, so playing in Europe might actually hurt them less than one could suppose. Of course, even the matches against Zenit may lose them some points in Ligue 1.

Killer round. European Cups started, and all the clubs that are hot, Caen and Rennes excluded, played.

LOSC had the hardest part, a 0-0 in somewhere down in Transylvania, at thursday, with their first XI playing and Obraniak injured. Auxerre the second worst, losing after a good push to Zenit, with their best team.

PSG, though, played at home, and won - and used their reserves, once again. Chantome played, sa did Ceara and Clement, Armand as CB and Makonda on left flank.

I like Makonda's first name. Even in France "trip" is used in it the drug scene. Now, a guy named Tripy...? Doesn't it remind you of a nick name of someone who's always trippin'? Think about it:

-eh, Jacques, what is it with your friend, Makonda?

-oh, he's ok, he's just quite tripy guy, you know.

Or even more so, it's like a gangsta pimp drug dealer name. Think about it, following little scene will illustrate it, featuring Abdul (A), Malik (M) and Tripy (T)

A: Hey, Tripy, yo, wazzup!!

M: Yo, Tripster, how's it hanging, we need some trips man, can you fix some?

T: Yo bros, it's the Trip daddy, you need some pepper, I've gotcha some pepper..

M: Didn't I say it, didn't I, you can count on Ol' Tripper!

....and so on. Another thing, that I would like to see, is Run DMC growing a fan relationship to PSG and remaking the lyrics of their old hit song "Tricky" to "Tripy"

So, I counted on Lyon winning it for change, Rennes being the sure shot, like TFC, Braaten as striker, scoring points (he did it a goal and an assist), and Lille and Auxerre facing some trouble because of their European encounters. Also counted that l'OM would still have some trouble, losing Ben Arfa, having already lost Niang, all CB:s injured (Heinze, Mbia, Diawara) and just having bought two injured strikers for €30M+. My team:

Gameiro-Briand

Brahimi-Nene ©-Pedretti-Braaten-Mollo

Cissokho-M'Bengue-Fanni

Lloris

Ok, 0 goals for strikers, but Braaten scored and assisted, and Fanni, Cisokho and Lloris kept empty net. That's what I know atm.

Killer round. European Cups started' date=' and all the clubs that are hot, Caen and Rennes excluded, played.

LOSC had the hardest part, a 0-0 in somewhere down in Transylvania, at thursday, with their first XI playing and Obraniak injured. Auxerre the second worst, losing after a good push to Zenit, with their best team.

PSG, though, played at home, and won - and used their reserves, once again. Chantome played, sa did Ceara and Clement, Armand as CB and Makonda on left flank.

I like Makonda's first name. Even in France "trip" is used in it the drug scene. Now, a guy named Tripy...? Doesn't it remind you of a nick name of someone who's always trippin'? Think about it:

-eh, Jacques, what is it with your friend, Makonda?

-oh, he's ok, he's just quite tripy guy, you know.

Or even more so, it's like a gangsta pimp drug dealer name. Think about it, following little scene will illustrate it, featuring Abdul (A), Malik (M) and Tripy (T)

A: Hey, Tripy, yo, wazzup!!

M: Yo, Tripster, how's it hanging, we need some trips man, can you fix some?

T: Yo bros, it's the Trip daddy, you need some pepper, I've gotcha some pepper..

M: Didn't I say it, didn't I, you can count on Ol' Tripper!

....and so on. Another thing, that I would like to see, is Run DMC growing a fan relationship to PSG and remaking the lyrics of their old hit song "Tricky" to "Tripy"[/quote']

Hands down, THIS ^^^ is the best post on the entire forum this month.

No joke...walking around the East Village NYC today. Stopped in Zum Schneider for a brat & a Spaten. Some 30yr old dude @ the bar with a Sessegnon Le Mans jersey on with some white girl with a DMC-style big-asss gold chain.

Hands down' date=' [b']THIS ^^^[/b] is the best post on the entire forum this month..

Thanks, though I think you're exaggerating. :o

No joke...walking around the East Village NYC today. Stopped in Zum Schneider for a brat & a Spaten. Some 30yr old dude @ the bar with a Sessegnon Le Mans jersey on with some white girl with a DMC-style big-asss gold chain.

Is this true?! Fantastic! B)

Just if Le Mans would manage their player politics more wisely, they would still be in Ligue 1.

So, after third round, in which all the "big three" took their first victories this season, Mark still leads - but beware Tom, who made another big round and is only few points from Mark now. If this goes on, Tom leads after next round and escapes from our reach in no time. Pazz also is coming closer to Mark's leading position. Johnny is coming up the list fast, and I personally, with considerably slower progress, made my come back to top 5.

Another round with European Cups going on and some interesting transfers have happened as well. What's the spirit in Bordeaux? Rebound (first victory of season last round) or downfall (losing Gourcuff and perhaps Wendel as well)?

Pedretti and Brahimi who may have captained quite few teams, took minus points this round, and El Arabi only 3 points.

So' date=' after third round, in which all the "big three" took their first victories this season, Mark still leads - but beware Tom, who made another big round and is only few points from Mark now. If this goes on, Tom leads after next round and escapes from our reach in no time. Pazz also is coming closer to Mark's leading position. Johnny is coming up the list fast, and I personally, with considerably slower progress, made my come back to top 5.

Another round with European Cups going on and some interesting transfers have happened as well. What's the spirit in Bordeaux? Rebound (first victory of season last round) or downfall (losing Gourcuff and perhaps Wendel as well)?

Pedretti and Brahimi who may have captained quite few teams, took minus points this round, and El Arabi only 3 points.[/quote']

Guys, you seriously overrate my abilities - I've just been really, really lucky so far :o

Is there a way on there for us to see how we all do "per round/week" ?

Yes. Ma Ligue -> Au Classement Général -> Classement par journee - SM League (or something along these lines)

You've won this week :)

Also' date=' I think the rest of you should make your squads available for all to see. Don't worry no one is going to pick off your ideas. Would make for better banter during the week & during the matches...[/quote']

I have no idea how to do that :P