• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Ligue 1 Fantasy Killer round. European Cups started, and all the clubs that are hot, Caen and Rennes excluded, played. LOSC had the hardest part, a 0-0 in somewhere down in Transylvania, at thur

Re: Ligue 1 Fantasy

Do things in hurry and this is what happens...

Out of internet access I made a fast team, forgot to pick a captain (so no double points) and had 51,5 points on bench while having tired CL and Europa League players in starting XI. A round of horror....

Although, I wouldn't probably have had Martin and Debuchy on field in any case. However, come the match day, I was anxious of being unable to swap Ideye on field for Gervinho's place, known that Garcia tends to always bench the wingers he used in EL game in next Ligue 1 game, because they run so much that they can't play 3 games a week (and because he has so many good wing forwards).

Anyway, Mark grows his lead and is about to escape from everybody.

Forgot to set a captain for about the third time this season' date=' useless.

Made even worse by Giroud, who was to be my captain, bagging a brace. I'm positively pants at this fantasy football malarkey.[/quote']

This Ligue 1 fantasy football has strange rules that are in many ways more interesting than those of others (players get points for playing a good match, not only from goals and minutes) but it is a serious flaw that there's no automatic captain for the case that you forget to select one. I learned to choose one captain immediately the day I first pick my squad, and to revise my choices later. This time it was quite clear to me too that Giroud will be the best choice, and he was very good at least.

This Ligue 1 fantasy football has strange rules that are in many ways more interesting than those of others (players get points for playing a good match' date=' not only from goals and minutes) but it is a serious flaw that there's no automatic captain for the case that you forget to select one. I learned to choose one captain immediately the day I first pick my squad, and to revise my choices later. This time it was quite clear to me too that Giroud will be the best choice, and he was very good at least.[/quote']

Equally though it punishes laziness and thoughtlessness to which I'm prone, so it's fair enough I guess. :D

Agree entirely with regards the rules, it's infinitely more interesting than any of the others I've entered the past few years, most of which I'd already given up on by now.

Equally though it punishes laziness and thoughtlessness to which I'm prone' date=' so it's fair enough I guess. :D[/quote']

Have to admit that you've got a fair point there. It just seems harsh the day you realize you had no captain (particularly when the guy you thought would be scored over 30 points).

Could be worse. I chose Gomis as captain :P

I checked your team and you're having quite a round my friend. Pujol missed a penalty and you were lucky that Bong didn't get sent off for that tackle as last man, but at least he got a yellow card. 0 goals scored so far. No empty nets for your defence and 2 of them conceded 2. I don't rejoice your bad fortune, but it seems that you've just wasted a chance to escape to inevitable victory and we're all back in game again (you had almost 100 points of lead to cond (me) and over 100 points to 5th (Tom)). Only good news to you is that because Jelen didn't play a minute you've still got Hoarau for tonight's match. But I think most of us have him.

Oh man.... I changed Gourcuff and Lloris to Mollo and Sorin just to realize that I had done that too late and the changes didn't go through. Fortunately, despite of Mollo's good game, that would have only gained me about 10 more points, and in this game I don't believe that 10 points will be so decisive in the end.

Some interesting matchups this last round, particularly ASSE-OM was a great match. TFC lost in Rennes despite of a good match, PSG suffered from awkward scoring and didn't manage to win at home against Nice that really had nothing to say about result, AJA massacred ACA, till waiting for their first points - and wait they can 'til the end of the season.

Matches are generally pretty hard to predict this season, which can be seen as big changes of points on round to round basis in fantasy football. This makes our league still relatively tight, because differences of 40-60 points can and do happen each round and to benefit of different participants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Count me in Didi. :)

And btw' date=' which one of us ended up in pole position the last season...?[/quote']

Me :D

Unfortunately I haven't found a Ligue 1 fantasy football for the season 11/12. :( If somebody finds, please tell it here or somewhere so we can put up a league.