Official England Thread

Seftinho

Re: Official England Thread

@england: Hodgson: 'We fear there may be ligament damage to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain' date=' he needs a scan on the injury.'

Gutted for him :(:(:(

Can only hope for the best, but it doesn't look good.[/quote']

Noooooooooooooo :(:(:(

Fingers crossed he's ok

Really hope that Oxlade is ok, not only for him but for fact that he is one of very few genuinely exciting players for England.

Maybe if the Ecuadorian player hadn't been so keen to play act and roll about all over the place he wouldn't of crashed into Oxlade's knee!

I think Flanagan would be the best choice, there's clear a big issue at right back and Johnson's form doesn't look like improving. I know Flanagan doesn't have international experience, but in his end of season form he is more likely to put in a solid performance than Johnson, Smalling and Jones at right back. Stones at right back would be too much of a risk, he's much more competent at centre back.

Well what did we learn last night.....

Milner at RB is a no go.....

Smalling is rank awful.....

Barkley and the OX have the attacking talent but need to get a better grasp of the defensive side of the game at this level it is vital.

Lampard as a midfield option now is just not good enough to play that DM role,

Wilshere ain't fit.....

We best pray none of our first choice defence gets injured........

Still need to keep the ball better.

So In essence nothing that we really did not know already :P

Hopefully it's nearer the 10 days than three weeks however id still take him based on last nights performance best player on the pitch for me.

With Rooney I want him in the starting 11 that seems to be against the general consensus at the present time but even with my bias against all things Manchester United he is our more talented player in my opinion.

Vs Italy Id opt for

Hart

Johnson Cahill Jags Baines

Gerrard

Henderson Lallana/Barkley

Sterling Studge

Rooney

We need players who are going to run a put pressure on the Italians especially Pirlo and Verrati stopping them dictating play. Rooney, Studge and Sterling can all interchange on the break while Baines and Johnson offer us more width. Barkley/Lallana to offer some more advanced playmaking ability in the Italian half. I'm not worried about Italy as much as others seem to be as long as we press them in possession and hit them with pace we have a very good chance of walking away with a victory.

With the Ox out I'd genuinely like to see;

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines

Henderson - Gerrard - Lallana

Barkley

Sturridge - Rooney

As much as many would like, Johnson and Rooney won't be dropped, but putting Sturridge anywhere but up top would be criminal, & it is glaringly obvious Rooney players better up top too. Barkley would offer a huge amount of positivity we so often lack.

What Woy will most likely go with

Hart

Lallana - Gerrard - Henderson - Welbeck

Rooney

Sturridge

With the Ox out I'd genuinely like to see;

Hart

Henderson - Gerrard - Lallana

Barkley

Sturridge - Rooney

As much as many would like' date=' Johnson and Rooney won't be dropped, but putting Sturridge anywhere but up top would be criminal, & it is glaringly obvious Rooney players better up top too. Barkley would offer a huge amount of positivity we so often lack.

What Woy will most likely go with

[center']Hart

Lallana - Gerrard - Henderson - Welbeck

Rooney

Sturridge[/center]

That's basically how I'd line up, sadly Johnson is the best of a beyond bad bunch and Rooney just isn't getting dropped. I'd also like John George Terry in there but that's a whole other story.

For those that still think rooney is a great player and deserves to start.

i know people say oh its just one game but all i have to say to that is:

1) against peru his no10 role was a joke, literally no movement to help henderson or gerrard, no imagination at all.

2) the world cup to get out the group stage can be lost in one game. you need to hit the ground running otherwise your out before you even start.

im not saying rooney is terrible it does just provide food for thought.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27719073

i personally don't think he is good enough to start.

upfront yes if sturridge is injured, otherwise either LW or if not that, then a sub.

May as well just play him. Our best left back and centre half aren't even going so might as well throw Rooneh some more caps. Sure he plays pants most of the time for Ingerland. But he's the most gifted player out of the lot of them when he's on form. It's pointless discussing really as he's so unlikely to get dropped so just hope he livens up a bit.

May as well just play him. Our best left back and centre half aren't even going so might as well throw Rooneh some more caps. Sure he plays pants most of the time for Ingerland. But he's the most gifted player out of the lot of them when he's on form. It's pointless discussing really as he's so unlikely to get dropped so just hope he livens up a bit.

Whats happened to Baines?