Official England Thread

Seftinho

Re: Official England Thread

But the same principles should apply. If you call someone a * French c then you surely it's the same type of discrimination. And then where do you stop?

And he's not really insulting him because he's black at all' date=' he's basically calling him a 'c'. If that's discrimination then surely the French thing is too and the same rules should be in place for that.[/quote']

I'd expect a professional sportsman to be charged if he called a French sportsman a "French C....", so I don't really know what you're getting at?

But the same principles should apply. If you call someone a * French c then you surely it's the same type of discrimination. And then where do you stop?

And he's not really insulting him because he's black at all' date=' he's basically calling him a 'c'. If that's discrimination then surely the French thing is too and the same rules should be in place for that.[/quote']

Abusing someone because they are French is xenophobic, not racist. Whilst not really on, it doesn't have the same stigma about it.

Calling someone a black **** is racist because they've included the word black. Dear lord...

Wow' date=' just wow.

Heres what you wrote actually so yes i read it.

No, calling someone a ginger whatever isn't racist because ginger people aren't a separate race of people, its a hair colour, good god. It would be discrimination in a sense but not racism. Do i really need to be your teacher over this?

Lol can you just explain to me how whether you put the word 'black' before or after the 'insulting word' actually changes the context?

Calling someone, as you put it, a 'f black' is the same as calling someone a 'black you know what' ... Good god, i give up.[/quote']

But surely racism is a form of discimination.

I'd expect a professional sportsman to be charged if he called a French sportsman a "French C...."' date=' so I don't really know what you're getting at?[/quote']

Because where does it stop? What about if the Man Utd fans started singing 'You Scouse *' should that be dealt with in the same way. Or if a Scottish person called an English person an 'English b'. Surely they should be dealt with in the same way as if it were racism.

Where do you draw the line? Surely anything where you say something like a region or a group of people before saying anything rude or even just saying it eg 'the f londoners', is discrimination and therefore should be dealt with in the same way as racism.

But surely racism is a form of discimination.

Correct, but as Stuart pointed out discrimination in general doesn't carry the same stigma as racism.

You can jokingly call someone a ginger whatever but you cannot jokingly make fun of someone because they are black.

Like Ben said, we'd all expect someone to be charged if they called someone a 'French ****'.

What exactly is your point here? All you are doing is seemingly condoning racism because 'its just another form of discrimination' and blindly defending your own player.

Abusing someone because they are French is xenophobic' date=' not racist. Whilst not really on, it doesn't have the same stigma about it.

Calling someone a black **** is racist because they've included the word black. Dear lord...[/quote']

But essentially it's all discrimination. So surely, there should be similar consequences.

Because where does it stop? What about if the Man Utd fans started singing 'You Scouse *' should that be dealt with in the same way. Or if a Scottish person called an English person an 'English b'. Surely they should be dealt with in the same way as if it were racism.

Where do you draw the line? Surely anything where you say something like a region or a group of people before saying anything rude or even just saying it eg 'the f londoners'' date=' is discrimination and therefore should be dealt with in the same way as racism.[/quote']

I see where you're coming from, sorta. Discriminating against someone because of the colour of their skin is much, much worse than discriminating against someone on their geographical location. Personally, I enjoy partaking in hurling insults at scousers. They enjoy throwing 'em right back. Racism based on the coulour of skin isn't the same. Maybe in 20/30/40 years my scouse insults could get me into the same level of bother that Terry's in now.

If Fabio starts Walcott over Lennon.... won't be happy!

But essentially it's all discrimination. So surely' date=' there should be similar consequences.[/quote']

There are many forms of discrimination: Racism, Ageism, Sexism etc...

It just so happens in our current society, racism (whether rightly or wrongly is up for debate) is seen as one of the worst offences, and is a far more trickier subject.

Unless you are suggesting all forms discrimination should have equal punishments, for example, "you old -insert expletive-" should be treated the same as, "you black/white/other -insert expletive-".

Relative to England, there is no argument - removing Terry's captaincy was the correct choice. He shouldn't be a starter to be honest, he's lost a lot of his quality from previous seasons.

But essentially it's all discrimination. So surely' date=' there should be similar consequences.[/quote']

That kind of thought is completely alien to society. You should know the difference between calling someone a black **** and someone a short arse; after all, one discriminates against skin colour and the other height. In today's society, racism is a massive no go area and Terry was an utter moron to say what he 'allegedly' did. Mocking other areas can range from the seriousness of racism to a nickname between mates or a simple national stereotype.

You can't defend what Terry said on the basis of it being no different to calling someone ginger. One will land you a criminal record if you say it to someone in the street, the other will likely be brushed off.

Capello has been on Italian TV saying he completely disagrees with the FA over Terry and still considers him England captain.

Brilliant :rolleyes:

Idiot, maybe he's not happy with it but there's no way he should be saying that in his mind Terry is still captain. That's great for whoever he decides is the 'new' captain

Would honestly consider sacking him now tbh.. then again if that meant Stuart Pearce taking over for the tournament then Capello can say anything he likes :o

Idiot' date=' maybe he's not happy with it but there's no way he should be saying that in his mind Terry is still captain. That's great for whoever he decides is the 'new' captain

Would honestly consider sacking him now tbh.. then again if that meant Stuart Pearce taking over for the tournament then Capello can say anything he likes :o[/quote']

I don't mind Pearce. He's done very well with the U21s and has been alongside Capello long enough to learn a lot. He started very well at City and it only started to go downhill when he got given money to spend (Samaras :rolleyes:). Plus, he's got a lot of spirit and would be great motivationally.

Tbh this whole thing is going to help overshadow, yet again, how poor England are compared to the rest.

When the inevitable quarter-final exit comes the excuses can trot out: the "Terry court case, Captaincy issue, Capello distractions, controversy" etc etc lines as excuses as to why England failed yet again.

Will when do the media ever blame anyone but the players and the manager?

Every tournament the back pages label them flops. No finger pointing or looking for excuses just good old fashioned were **** etc.

Was actually meaning the excuses that trot out as to why we were poor.

Worded it incorrectly - will amend ;-)

Amazed that he's been allowed to resign so close to the Euros. Reckon Psycho will preside over the competition with his position to be considered over the summer.

Whats the point of that though ?

I reckon Redknapp will be approached to take over the reigns post season.

At the risk of sounding 'racist':o...........

Thank god that Italian muppet has left.

Sick and tired of the Sven's Fabio's etc etc. Cost a whole lot of money and are clueless about England.

The FA are a disgrace for hiring them in the first place.

I would rather lose with an English manager than win with a 'foreigner'.

Dont care what the sodding rules say - A national team should consist of the best players AND staff from that nation.

The FA and foreign managers can all sod the hell off!!!:mad: