Official England Thread

Seftinho

Re: Official England Thread

So, the FA press conference, here's a few points I've outlined from it.

• First and foremost, Pearcey will manage the England side for the Holland match. CONFIRMED.

• The FA have declared, whilst their preference of the next England manager is for them to be "English or British", they have not ruled out the chance of a foreigner taking over. Bernstein said, "I'm not prepared to rule out anything."

• Bernstein ducked any question on Capello, by playing the politician, saying their meeting was "constructive" and kept on repeating over and over again, "I can't read Capello's mind."

• Bernstein praised Capello, endlessly. He also said, "Capello wasn't an expensive mistake."

• FA to structure some 'Code of Conduct' in recent months. Players will have an involvement.

• Popular opinion amongst supporters and players will be taken into account in the appointing of the England manager (sure it will). Think the FA are pretty tuckered out of choices.

• FA refused to confirm or deny, keeping it to 'private matters' whether Capello has received any compensation or severance, or pay-out, upon leaving his position.

• For any England supporter, this would have come across as deja vu. How many times have we seen this scene - fat cats in suits, waffling about what they know nothing of. 'We the FA will conduct a thorough procedure in the search for the next England manager.... etc... etc...' Deja blood vu.

• The FA are wallys - we knew this.

• The conference in plain, was a waste of time. End of.

OH MY DAYS IS IT TOO GOD TO BE TRUE!!?? :eek:

Fantastic news' date=' the guy was an utter embarrassment in many different aspects, the thought of England entering another major tournament under him was frightening, he did absolutely NOTHING for English football whilst he was here, didn't even bother to learn the language.[/quote']

Apart from the 66% win record. He wasn't that bad, and I would've been happy with him in charge for the Euros.

Apart from the 66% win record. He wasn't that bad' date=' and I would've been happy with him in charge for the Euros.[/quote']

Considering the sort of opposition we were up against half the time, it's not as impressive as it sounds.

Shows how poor the standard of English managers is when you take out Redknapp and get left with Pardew' date=' and Pearce who is completely clueless when it comes to tactics.

If we have to go into this tournament with Pearce in charge it could be even more embarassing than the WC.[/quote']

Roy Hodgson a decent manager and is English

If we have to look beyond Redknapp' date=' I think Pearce would be my next choice, or at least him with somebody else as a managerial team given his inexperience.

As much as I'm meant to hate him, would love Scholes to be involved.[/quote']

As long as Pearce had somebody to work with him then it could work, maybe even Redknapp who could then continue with Spurs as well.

I just don't see Redknapp wanting to leave Spurs at the moment, after all the support Spurs have given him through his trial and everything would he really want to jump ship just a few months later and leave them potentially struggling to replace him and maybe even losing Bale, Modric. And of course he could even be looking at a title next year if he adds a top class striker.

He can't be that bad.

Hodgson can be good for small teams who mainly defend. You need to go to this tournament trying to win every game so a manager with his mentality wouldn't work. I would love him to get the job but I think it's impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

When will Stuart Pearce pick his England squad for the Holland friendly? Suprised it hasn't been picked already seeing as it's only 9 days away.

Interested to see whether any of Danny Graham' date=' Nathan Dyer, Leon Britton or Steven Caulker manage to make the squad![/quote']

No chance will we see Graham or Caulker

Personally think Britton and Dyer have show themselves to be cracking players this season but I would be incredibly surprised to see either of them involved in the england senior set up because they arent at a big club and as sad as it is unless you are at a big club your chances of playing for england are significantly smaller.

Tomorrow's the deadline.

Eventually found it out on the FA site through the FA website and they said they'll announce the squad on Thursday. :confused:

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/match-centre/2012/England-v-Holland/Match-Previews/England-Holland-squad-named.aspx

No chance will we see Graham or Caulker

Personally think Britton and Dyer have show themselves to be cracking players this season but I would be incredibly surprised to see either of them involved in the england senior set up because they arent at a big club and as sad as it is unless you are at a big club your chances of playing for england are significantly smaller.

I don't see why Danny Graham shouldn't be called up. Danny Graham's work rate is exceptional for an out and out striker and his passing ability is unquestioned. He can't knock him for scoring ability either, the only English striker to have scored more than him this season is Wayne Rooney.

I can't see why players like Zamora, Carroll or Crouch would be picked ahead of him or even players who regularly get call ups who've been playing really poorly this season like Darren Bent should be picked ahead of him.

Eventually found it out on the FA site through the FA website and they said they'll announce the squad on Thursday. :confused:

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/match-centre/2012/England-v-Holland/Match-Previews/England-Holland-squad-named.aspx

I don't see why Danny Graham shouldn't be called up. Danny Graham's work rate is exceptional for an out and out striker and his passing ability is unquestioned. He can't knock him for scoring ability either' date=' the only English striker to have scored more than him this season is Wayne Rooney.

I can't see why players like Zamora, Carroll or Crouch would be picked ahead of him or even players who regularly get call ups who've been playing really poorly this season like Darren Bent should be picked ahead of him.[/quote']

Danny Graham would simply not work in the england set up. England dont play football like Swansea like to and Graham would not be able to play his game.

Simply put Graham is not good enough and also Peter Crouch has one of the best goal scoring records out of all england NT strikers and I would much rather him in the side then Graham. Carroll Zamora and Bent however can all go play with themselves they are useless.

Danny Graham would simply not work in the england set up. England dont play football like Swansea like to and Graham would not be able to play his game.

Simply put Graham is not good enough and also Peter Crouch has one of the best goal scoring records out of all england NT strikers and I would much rather him in the side then Graham. Carroll Zamora and Bent however can all go play with themselves they are useless.

What do you mean Graham can't play in an England team?

England don't play football like Swansea in some ways correct, but in the way they play with two wingers who look to attack full backs and supply the striker they do. Graham doesn't have to play in a passing team, he's played well at Watford and Carlisle as well.

There's nothing come to me to suggest that Danny Graham isn't good enough to play for England. Crouch has got a good record for England, but how can Graham match that when he's yet to have a chance. Graham's scored 10 goals in the Premier League this season, Crouch has got 6. And in terms of recent form, Crouch went 7 games in all competitions with out scoring a goal before scoring against Crawley.

I'd personally pick Rooney, Graham, Sturridge/Defoe and Welbeck. They've been the 5 most impressive English strikers for me. It should be the best English players that get in the squad, regardless of who they play for, and i don't believe that England only select players performing for the top teams.

What do you mean Graham can't play in an England team?

England don't play football like Swansea in some ways correct' date=' but in the way they play with two wingers who look to attack full backs and supply the striker they do. Graham doesn't have to play in a passing team, he's played well at Watford and Carlisle as well.

There's nothing come to me to suggest that Danny Graham isn't good enough to play for England. Crouch has got a good record for England, but how can Graham match that when he's yet to have a chance. Graham's scored 10 goals in the Premier League this season, Crouch has got 6. And in terms of recent form, Crouch went 7 games in all competitions with out scoring a goal before scoring against Crawley.

I'd personally pick Rooney, Graham, Sturridge/Defoe and Welbeck. They've been the 5 most impressive English strikers for me. It should be the best English players that get in the squad, regardless of who they play for, and i don't believe that England only select players performing for the top teams.[/quote']

Hart - Man City

Richards/Walker - Man City/Tottenham

Terry/Cahill - Chelsea

Ferdinand/Jones/Smalling - United

Cole - Chelsea

Parker - Tottenham

Wilshere - Arsenal

Young/Milner -United/City

Gerrard/Lampard- Liverpool/Chelsea

Walcott/ Adam Johnson -Arsenal/Man City

Rooney - United

Potential starting 11's with every single player at a big club who can realistically fight for a position in the starting 11.

Unless you can name a player I've missed out that is better then the above at a smaller club I would say yes being at a big club does influence your NT chances. Look at Parker he got next to no chances before his Tottenham move now he's on 99% of peoples team sheets.

Hart - Man City

Richards/Walker - Man City/Tottenham

Terry/Cahill - Chelsea

Ferdinand/Jones/Smalling - United

Cole - Chelsea

Parker - Tottenham

Wilshere - Arsenal

Young/Milner -United/City

Gerrard/Lampard- Liverpool/Chelsea

Walcott/ Adam Johnson -Arsenal/Man City

Rooney - United

Potential starting 11's with every single player at a big club who can realistically fight for a position in the starting 11.

Unless you can name a player I've missed out that is better then the above at a smaller club I would say yes being at a big club does influence your NT chances. Look at Parker he got next to no chances before his Tottenham move now he's on 99% of peoples team sheets.

You've missed out Jagielka, he's a MUCH better defender than Gary Cahill - who's so overrated it's unbeliavable. I'd have him over Smalling and Jones as well, as he's more proven in the Premiership and as an England player. I'd have Dyer and Etherington playing on the wing ahead of Walcott. I'd also had Jack Rodwell in the England team after his impressive start to the season but he's been hit by injuries. Parker was getting in the England team as a West Ham player. He's hardly got "next to no chances". Jarvis has got an England cap as a Wolves player. Both Cahill and Kevin Davies got call ups as Bolton players and Fulham have had Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson called up. Bothroyd's got an England cap as a Cardiff player.

Yes the majority of England players are at the top teams because they tend to be better players, but when players down the bottom of the league are playing well they do get call ups.