Sign in to follow this  
Seftinho

Official England Thread

Re: Official England Thread

It's likely that there won't be a Spurs vacant job for Rodgers to take :D

I think Hodgson would be a good appointment for you, he's a good experienced manager but he probably won't play particularly nice football and fans may well get on his back if things aren't going well early on - like at Liverpool.

He won't be the only guy we approach. I'd imagine Harry will be approached at some point too, the FA just don't want to put all their eggs in one basket only to be rejected.

As for Roy himself, I don't think he'd be as bad as some of you are making out.

Calm down lads it is just an approach, I'm sure they are going through the due process on all managers they may be looking at (which in fairness must just be Hodgson and Redknapp I would imagine)

Roy ain't a bad manager and I say that as a Liverpool fan, I would just be worried that he would employ a negative type of football he is a safety first manager. Tactically he would be superior to Redknapp but Redknapp has other qualities which are just as if not more important when managing a squad of big ego's.

on the other subject I have seen on here John Terry is England's best CB. for me whether you like the guy or dislike him (as I do) you have to look at him purely on who is best for the side and personally I would still pick Terry before any other English CB.

of course it is lunacy that he may have to go into the tournament with the Racial case over his head but that is a whole other subject and is more to do with the incompetence of the FA, which as a few others have said is just about as incompetent a organisation as you are ever likely to see.

"A famous victory" - Roy Hodgson on a 1-0 win at Bolton.

More quotes from Roy (taken from redandwhitekop):

78M8s.jpg

nIvR6.jpg

vGCIN.jpg

hSNVX.jpg

sbYqb.jpg

h2Bkc.jpg

eDxyn.jpg

knUCf.jpg

PMvdT.jpg

3GTSh.jpg

It's incredible that he would be even considered for the job. But I'm delighted with the news (I know he's not yet the manager), maybe Glen Johnson won't be called up so I won't have to be worried about him getting injured.

West Brom have given the FA permission to approach Roy Hodgson over the England job.

Not what I wanted...

Hodgson's a legend. :) I'm sure he'd do a fine job. If he nearly took Finland (They had a solid defence, one of the best during the qualifiers, but a terrible attack as quite frankly, the Finnish attackers are rubbish) to the Euro's in 2008 (with higher points than England) surely he can do well with England? His football might be negative, but I firmly believe that he'll do well.

Hodgson's a legend. :) I'm sure he'd do a fine job. If he nearly took Finland (They had a solid defence' date=' one of the best during the qualifiers, but a terrible attack as quite frankly, the Finnish attackers are rubbish) to the Euro's in 2008 (with higher points than England) surely he can do well with England? His football might be negative, but I firmly believe that he'll do well.[/quote']

This is the thing, Hodgson only does well at a club where there is no pressure, when it comes to the slightest amount of pressure he's cracked, Inter, Liverpool and he will at England, with all the ego's in this team it needs a man manager to bring them together as a team Hodgson will not.

West Brom have given the FA permission to approach Roy Hodgson over the England job.

Not what I wanted...

Me neither. Although i respect Hodgson, he is not the right man for the England job in my opinion as it's been proven he can't handle high pressured jobs. We need someone who is going to be able to control a dressing room full of egos and have the charisma to deal with the media spotlight. Redknapp has both of those qualities and Hodgson doesn't, he wilted at Liverpool and the England job is 100x more pressurised.

nothing wrong with hodgson.

It didn't work for him at 'pool but lets face it, it doesn't work out for anyone at Liverpool.

He'll make us a solid, tough to beat, balls to the wall type of team and I personally don't mind that.

Parker is a good captain, if he doesn't stay captain then give it back to terry.

Stop whinging everyone, its not like we are going to win it anyway lol

This is the thing' date=' Hodgson only does well at a club where there is no pressure, when it comes to the slightest amount of pressure he's cracked, Inter, Liverpool and he will at England, with all the ego's in this team it needs a man manager to bring them together as a team Hodgson will not.[/quote']

He did well at Inter as they underachieved during the previous seasons. The only reason he cracked at Liverpool was Daglish engineering his demise and also Liverpool are poor. Hodgson will bring them together, he is passionate about his football.

Me neither. Although i respect Hodgson' date=' he is not the right man for the England job in my opinion as it's been proven he can't handle high pressured jobs. We need someone who is going to be able to control a dressing room full of egos and have the charisma to deal with the media spotlight. Redknapp has both of those qualities and Hodgson doesn't, he wilted at Liverpool and the England job is 100x more pressurised.[/quote']

It was primarily the fans at Liverpool that got to him, rather than the media. The fans just wanted Dalgleish in charge, Hodgson was not even close to first choice and the fans turned on him (if they hadn't already) as soon as things weren't going perfectly. He'll be a well respected manager within the camp, and will be out of the limelight that fans provide.

He just isn't very... inspiring.

Of course he's competent tactically but the same could be said for a few fresher faced English managers. That said, the generic quality of English managers is appalling.

I think Redknapp and even Pearce would fire the players up a bit more and hopefully whoever takes over can take a young assistant (like Pearce to Capello) and groom him for the future.

It was primarily the fans at Liverpool that got to him' date=' rather than the media. The fans just wanted Dalgleish in charge, Hodgson was not even close to first choice and the fans turned on him (if they hadn't already) as soon as things weren't going perfectly. He'll be a well respected manager within the camp, and will be out of the limelight that fans provide.[/quote']

What England fans are some of the worse to get at managers, he'll lose his first game and fans will want him sacked. The England job is a lot of pressure.

Take the press away from the Capello reign and he didn't do bad at all he actually churned out competent results. All it takes is a couple of un-inspiring matches and The S*n and all the other tabloids will be all over him.

I think Redknapp and even Pearce would fire the players up a bit more and hopefully whoever takes over can take a young assistant (like Pearce to Capello) and groom him for the future.

As Sven did with McClaren?

The FA have already demolished any hopes England had of getting past the QTR Final stage by waiting this long to approach, never mind appoint, Capello's successor.

Have never known such a corrupt, useless, incompetent organisation in my life.

Trevor Brooking and Stuart Pearce act as little dogs to the FA - those fancy prats who have expertise in the banking/financial sectors etc:rolleyes:

The FA should be run by former pro's, but whatever I think, this FA needs to be torn apart from the inside out.

As Sven did with McClaren?

The FA have already demolished any hopes England had of getting past the QTR Final stage by waiting this long to approach' date=' never mind appoint, Capello's successor.

Have never known such a corrupt, useless, incompetent organisation in my life.

Trevor Brooking and Stuart Pearce act as little dogs to the FA - those fancy prats who have expertise in the banking/financial sectors etc:rolleyes:

The FA should be run by former pro's, but whatever I think, this FA needs to be torn apart from the inside out.[/quote']

McClaren was already very experienced from working under Ferguson and at 'Boro. Pearce was very inexperienced and his time under Capello has greatly helped his management as shown by the U21s. Someone like a Beckham maybe who has a bit of fire in his belly and would be a presence in the changing room.