Official England Thread

Seftinho

Re: Official England Thread

John Ruddy out the Euros with a broken finger.

Jack Butland is now in the squad.

Shame for Ruddy' date=' but yet again it will be a great experience for Butland.[/quote']

It will be, but i don't see how somebody who's played 24 times for Cheltenham can beat the Championship goalkeeper of the year Kelvin Davies to that final place in terms of ability. I guess they'll look to feed Butland through, but who says he'll be good enough to make it for England, in terms of current ability he wasn't the best English goalkeeper in League 2 in my opinion.

Glad Ruddy is missing him though, seems a bit of an ego and his outbursts on twitter have been pathetic.

Andy Carroll and Rob Green will start versus Norway tomorrow night.

Having not seen much of Rob Green since 'that' goal for the US at the World Cup, I'll be interested to see whether he will actually be genuine competition for Joe Hart. No doubt Hart will start vs France but we have to be prepared for injuries, it only takes a broken thumb and thats him gone. An outfield player could probably play with a cast for that injury.

I think Rooney could be rested as Roy didnt even want him in Norway, he refused.

Andy Carroll and Rob Green will start versus Norway tomorrow night.

Having not seen much of Rob Green since 'that' goal for the US at the World Cup' date=' I'll be interested to see whether he will actually be genuine competition for Joe Hart. No doubt Hart will start vs France but we have to be prepared for injuries, it only takes a broken thumb and thats him gone. An outfield player could probably play with a cast for that injury.

I think Rooney could be rested as Roy didnt even want him in Norway, he refused.[/quote']

The expected starting defence is Jones, Jagielka, Lescott and Baines with Parker and Gerrard set to start in the centre of midfield.

The expected starting defence is Jones' date=' Jagielka, Lescott and Baines with Parker and Gerrard set to start in the centre of midfield.[/quote']

I dunno if you've seen Sky Sports advert for their summer of sport but I reckon that might be the root of Scott Parker's Achilles problems.

Aside from that, thats a fairly decent side. Norway's expected attacking line up should be Abdellaoue and Huseklepp, two fairly quick strikers. Also with Hangeland's aerial threat from set pieces and MGP's set pieces (although fairly shoddy this season for Blackburn) it should be a good all-round test for England.

It will be' date=' but i don't see how somebody who's played 24 times for Cheltenham can beat the Championship goalkeeper of the year Kelvin Davies to that final place in terms of ability. I guess they'll look to feed Butland through, but who says he'll be good enough to make it for England, in terms of current ability he wasn't the best English goalkeeper in League 2 in my opinion.

Glad Ruddy is missing him though, seems a bit of an ego and his outbursts on twitter have been pathetic.[/quote']

The chances of the 3rd choice keeper playing are so little it hardly matters anyway. Davis is 35 and has no chance of playing for England whereas Butland is without doubt the most talented young keeper that we have and should really be starting for Birmingham anyway.

The chances of the 3rd choice keeper playing are so little it hardly matters anyway. Davis is 35 and has no chance of playing for England whereas Butland is without doubt the most talented young keeper that we have and should really be starting for Birmingham anyway.

But by that token, I think it'd be far more beneficial for Butland to play for Team GB in the Olympics where he'll get a few games under his belt and still experience a decent standard of competition.

That said, we aren't blessed with many good keepers...

But by that token' date=' I think it'd be far more beneficial for Butland to play for Team GB in the Olympics where he'll get a few games under his belt and still experience a decent standard of competition.

[b']That said, we aren't blessed with many good keepers...[/b]

Only Joe Hart :P

But by that token' date=' I think it'd be far more beneficial for Butland to play for Team GB in the Olympics where he'll get a few games under his belt and still experience a decent standard of competition.

That said, we aren't blessed with many good keepers...[/quote']

True.. but maybe he'll be in the Olympic squad as well? I know it's been said that anyone in the Euro squad wouldn't but I guess it's possible that he might be included.

Piers Morgan : England would have a better night if Andy Carroll sang in Eurovision and Engelbert Humperdink played upfront in Norway.

Well Piers Morgans a bit of a dunderhead (If only swearing didn't result in infractions)

Great bit of play by England none of the fans could sing the national anthem in time with the singer

Why is something so much better when it's done by Oxlade-Chamberlain over somebody else. He's got the ball three times, and he's lost the ball twice yet Townsend feels obliged to commentate "I really like this kid Clyve", he's nowhere near as good as he's made out to be and it's going to end up in tears.

As for Jordan Henderson, how he gets a game for England honestly is beyond me after his season.

Why is something so much better when it's done by Oxlade-Chamberlain over somebody else. He's got the ball three times' date=' and he's lost the ball twice yet Townsend feels obliged to commentate "I really like this kid Clyve", he's nowhere near as good as he's made out to be and it's going to end up in tears.

As for Jordan Henderson, how he gets a game for England honestly is beyond me after his season.[/quote']

The best bit was

'That one touch could be a glimpse of something special at this years Euro's'

Brilliant that in 5 minutes he's made two fouls and gave the ball away 3 times.

We were truly shocking without Gerrard. First half was decent, got the goal, looked lively, and then he went off at HT.

Plus points though, clean sheet, didn't really look like conceding, Andy Carroll and Young played well together, and the 2nd choice defence looked solid.

There's only so much criticism you can give to a 1-0 victory.