Sign in to follow this  
Seftinho

Official England Thread

Re: Official England Thread

Probably more lucky ;)

Great work by Milner - I like us when we are positive' date=' taken 70 minutes for us to do so but it's nice to see :)[/quote']

Lol, I give up :P.

Second half has actually been pretty good, quality of football has been decent and the goals superb.

So much better than the debacle against Ireland.

First half was pretty dire. Johnson and Carrick had shockers but fortunately Hart was outstanding. Brazil could have been a few up at half time. Rooney also played well, and did throughout, IMO. Held the ball up well and found Walcott an awful lot.

The formation switch after Brazil's opener was superb. England were actually pleasing to watch! Carrick played the 'Busquets-role' very well and Jones and Cole worked well as wing backs - as would the players who they'd be rotated with. AOC played very well, took his goal brilliantly and his run opened up the space for Rooney's finish. Everyone looked better in the system though with Milner much more involved too and the football generally much more positive.

Good game to watch though (well, second half) and all 4 goals were terrific.

Think we were fortunate but played ok when going forward.

Also glad Chelsea didn't sign Neymar as he appears to be a waste of cash after that. Nothing to write home about' date=' all I remember is one wild shot.[/quote']

I agree that we were fortunate, particularly in the first half. Thought we were decent in the second half, Roy's tactical change was surprisingly effective!

I'm not, still think he's quality although granted, he didn't play well.

Neymar is hugely overrated. Unbelievable that people will think he'll ever be on par with Messi and Ronaldo right now.

Hes too selfish atm from the few Sanots games ive watched and the odd Brazil game. He wants to do everything himself instead of helping his team mates.

Reminds me very much of Ronaldo when he first started at United. He was probably even more selfish. Time will tell if he becomes a team players, but tonight he was really poor.

Summed up where England is atm when the commentator said something along the lines of ''we'll be talking about that goal for years down the line'' after Ox's goal. Never knew a goal in a friendly game would be that important in the history of English football to some people.

Knew people would be jumping on the Neymar bandwagon aswell, the boy clearly has exceptional talent, as a reason of that the whole world literally cant stop talking about him (the pre arranged Ox and Neymar shirt swap was a quite a capture :D). You cant expect his mental game to fully develop at 21, Messi's mental side wasnt really developed till about 23, even though he was bought up in one of the best footballing schools in the world. With more experience, playing with world class players, he's only going to get better. Give the lad a break!

Englands u20 WC squad. Real disappointing to see that, not even our strongest squad, most of the players there probably wont get more than 10 caps for the senior side, dont see whats point taking then, would be much better if players who actually had a chance got tournament experience.

Summed up where England is atm when the commentator said something along the lines of ''we'll be talking about that goal for years down the line'' after Ox's goal. Never knew a goal in a friendly game would be that important in the history of English football to some people.

That's more the constant and infuriating drone of football TV hyperbole than a reflection of England. Watch any game on ITV or Sky and you'd think it was the world cup final.

Hes too selfish atm from the few Sanots games ive watched and the odd Brazil game. He wants to do everything himself instead of helping his team mates.

Reminds me very much of Ronaldo when he first started at United. He was probably even more selfish. Time will tell if he becomes a team players' date=' but tonight he was really poor.[/quote']

He will be a class act then. Seeing as he's joining the best team based squad in the world Barcelona. Name another squad who can teach him to play unselfish team based football than those guys.

Its taken the commentators on the U21's match between England and Italy about 4 minutes to realise Englands goal was disallowed. How the failed to notice there was no kick-off baffles me.

I know, I found that hilarious.

I also like how they are surprised to see players like Verratti and Insigne doing so well against the likes of Keith Lowe and Craig Dawson.

The commentators also said that the referee isn't going to change his mind so there's no point in the Italian players disputing the penalty decision, despite them as commentators disputing several decisions a match that aren't going to be reversed and English commentators and pundits still disputing goals that had been ruled out years ago.

Shelvey typifies the the so called 'modern footballer' stereotype. Really needs to sort out his attitude, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is, every time anything goes against him all he does is whinge and moan, does this often in games and today was no different, his touch throughout the match was atrocious, and to top it all off after being deservedly subbed, went off the field shaking his head.