JUVENTUDE

image_large

Gustavo Campanharo

Juventude

April 4th, 1992

Holding Midfielder

178 cm

GUS2010

How often does a 17 year old midfielder playing regularly in Serie B get overlooked by his own team? Not very often, but that's been the case with Gustavo. Tends to happen when you are playing next to another 17 year old midfielder with the international pedigree of Zezinho. As soon as Zezinho left, Gustavo was then overlooked by Bressan, the 16 (now 17) year old defender who was on the team of the Copinha (best U20 tournament in Brazil) and started getting games with the A team. But now, with Juventude in Serie C, Gustavo looks to be the first of the three to be off to Europe.

As a 17 year old in Serie B last year, Gustavo got 17 games, 13 of them as a substitute. He played 609 minutes, which is a little less then half of Zezinho (who is older then Gustavo). He played a solid game and definately didn't look out of place. He was so solid, in fact, that Juventude made him a starter for the Gaucho. He started 11 games, subbed into 5, in the 2010 Gaucho, which ended on his 18th birthday. He was a clear starter by the end of it, and scored his first goal on his b-day, against Grêmio.

He is not a typical Brazilian midfielder in that he can't really be classed as an attacking midfielder or a defensive midfielder, and in that sense he's more suited for a European game. Despite being overshadowed by Bressan for the Gaucho, at the end he got an offer to go tryout in Italy for a week. This week has now passed, and according to reports, went very well. He's now back in Brazil and waiting for an offer, which is expected to come from Roma. Juventus, Milan and Inter are all interested, and another source rumours Lazio to be in the running as well.

In real life, he's expected to fetch 2 million Euros. On SM, he was added at 75 after I requested it during a Copa do Brasil game in March. Keep in mind that Juventude are a known factory, with players such as Cafu, Dorival Junior (Santos manager), Antonio Carlos Zago (Palmeiras manager), Celso Roth (Vasco manager), Doni (Roma), Indio (Internacional), Thiago Silva (Fluminense), Naldo (Werder), Luis Felipe Scolari and Marcao (Goias) all using them as a springboard to greatness. Yes, many of those were made famous in Italy. That's no coincidence, Caxias do Sul is a region with a great Italian immigration.

Gustavo is expected to follow that straight line to Italy. Let's see what happens.

[/center]

Gustavo is in Germany right now. Trial for Hoffenheim.

Lol, another Gustavo ? They have made fantastic experience with Luiz Gustavo, who also came from second division club and is top player for their midfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Brazil Player Reports and Updates

I was just doing a squad clear-out and was wondering if someone could just tell me whether to Sell or Keep, these Brazilians;

Wellington Saci;

Eliton Deola;

Borges Romulo;

Mario Lucio;

Carlos Eduardo;

Soares Renan;

Diego Macedo;

Julio Cesar;

Murara Neto;

Araujo Egidio;

Matos Anderson;

Barbosa Maylson;

Paulo Somalia;

Aparecido Wellington;

Almedia Ze Eduardo;

Cabral Rafael;

Jose Leonardo;

Batista Rodriguinho;

Oliveiria Elkeson;

Dias Carlinhos;

Cirino Marcelo;

Augusto Marcio;

Rodrigo Calaca;

Araujo Tinga;

Figueiredo Agenor;

Junior Paulinho;

Gumaraes Edilson;

Vinicius Pacheco;

Jansen Misael;

Zardin Roberto;

Silva Vinicius;

Nino Paraiba;

Ribeiro Paulao;

Wellington Branquinho;

Vital Dede;

Rosa Rudnei;

Neto Coruja

Much appreciated if you can just give me a quick answer, just Sell or Keep. Thanks. ;)

I was just doing a squad clear-out and was wondering if someone could just tell me whether to Sell or Keep' date=' these Brazilians;

Wellington Saci;

Eliton Deola;

Borges Romulo;

Mario Lucio;

Carlos Eduardo;

Soares Renan;

Diego Macedo;

Julio Cesar;

Murara Neto;

Araujo Egidio;

Matos Anderson;

Barbosa Maylson;

Paulo Somalia;

Aparecido Wellington;

Almedia Ze Eduardo;

Cabral Rafael;

Jose Leonardo;

Batista Rodriguinho;

Oliveiria Elkeson;

Dias Carlinhos;

Cirino Marcelo;

Augusto Marcio;

Rodrigo Calaca;

Araujo Tinga;

Figueiredo Agenor;

Junior Paulinho;

Gumaraes Edilson;

Vinicius Pacheco;

Jansen Misael;

Zardin Roberto;

Silva Vinicius;

Nino Paraiba;

Ribeiro Paulao;

Wellington Branquinho;

Vital Dede;

Rosa Rudnei;

Neto Coruja

Much appreciated if you can just give me a quick answer, just Sell or Keep. Thanks. ;)[/quote']

Far too early to say mate...changes only just happened really....

BUT the defo ones id keep are Elkeson, Dede, and Ze Eduardo..all still low rated and still very much first teamers..should go up 2-3 more...

as for the others, would have to re-assess when the ratings come round again.

I'm torn over the best goalkeeping option to keep from the following youngsters:

Neto (Palm)

Rafael (Santos)

Renan (Avai)

Lomba (Flamengo)

They all seem to be making an impact this year but I'll have to let one or two of them go.

Unless Renan gets a move he will not improve further significantly on SM as Avai will probably go down, but he was in the Brazil NT for there last friendlies....

Lomba is in as cover as Bruno was banged up for murder, so who knows if Flamengo recruit a new keeper for next season...but if he keeps playing will get another rise..

Neto and Rafael id keep purely as they are starters and there clubs are performing well..

ganso or bocchetti. ok ganso done his cruciate but will go to 89 and bocchetti will probably go to a 90 but moved to russia.who would you rather have?

I have no idea about who I would choose but Ganso has 0% chance of a rating change. He'd been injured for a week or two when he went 86 --> 88 so why would he go 89? He hasn't played and won't play until about February.

Is Bruno Cesar going to rise by much in the next Brazilian changes (I assume they are early next year)? 86 or so' date=' depending on form?[/quote']

They're usually mid-January, but the recent shake-up (apparently) of the schedule might change that. He'll a shoe-in for 86 with an outside chance of 87 imo.

• 1 month later...

I have no idea about who I would choose but Ganso has 0% chance of a rating change. He'd been injured for a week or two when he went 86 --> 88 so why would he go 89? He hasn't played and won't play until about February.

If you deserve a rise you will get it!Doesnt matter if you will be injured.