Sign in to follow this  
Stuart H

Platinum Championships?

This idea's been mooted a lot on the GC discussion thread so I thought it'd be nice if people got some substance into their arguments away from the GC thread.

Why do people want Platinum Championships to be introduced?

What criteria would you want for managers in Platinum Championships?

Would you change the GC format at all for Platinum Championships?

Re: Platinum Championships?

This idea's been mooted a lot on the GC discussion thread so I thought it'd be nice if people got some substance into their arguments away from the GC thread.

Why do people want Platinum Championships to be introduced?

We need something different' date=' everyones getting fed up of SM rolling out a new GC every 5 days, for cash. Ive even noticed on the GC discussions thread recently more and more people are commonly giving out about this than ever before. And im not saying I'll quit SM or my GM but Im sure a lot of people are thinking about it.

SM need to get us back on their side and remind us why we are paying 16 euro to be gold members.

What criteria would you want for managers in Platinum Championships?

Would you change the GC format at all for Platinum Championships?

Different leagues (Swiss, Poland, Asian league etc..) Also for it to be free, forget reserving clubs they make enough from standard game worlds.

For one to be made only once every two months, so it'll be rare and teams/players will have their values back(e.g. Nowadays who bids for Del Piero/ Giggs etc...? I remember about a year and a half ago every player was bidded on, forget age). GC's have lost most the excitement that they used to contain, now if you ever have a big club payed for everything has to be pre-arranged(for deals) so there is no excitement or surprises when you log onto your clubs(when gc's are new).

We need something different' date=' everyones getting fed up of SM rolling out a new GC every 5 days, for cash. Ive even noticed on the GC discussions thread recently more and more people are commonly giving out about this than ever before. And im not saying I'll quit SM or my GM but Im sure a lot of people are thinking about it.

SM need to get us back on their side and remind us why we are paying 16 euro to be gold members.

Different leagues (Swiss, Poland, Asian league etc..) Also for it to be free, forget reserving clubs they make enough from standard game worlds.

For one to be made only once every two months, so it'll be rare and teams/players will have their values back(e.g. Nowadays who bids for Del Piero/ Giggs etc...? I remember about a year and a half ago every player was bidded on, forget age). GC's have lost most the excitement that they used to contain, now if you ever have a big club payed for everything has to be pre-arranged(for deals) so there is no excitement or surprises when you log onto your clubs(when gc's are new).[/quote']

Villa FC , I totally agree with you..your right , try adding in some new leagues like you say just to make it abit more differernt , and yes one of the biggest points not for them to be reserved when you pay , takes the excitment out of it where everyone use to refresh the page trying to grab everyone lol ! :P..If Implemented properly it could be a new exciting addition to the game B)

For one to be made only once every two months, so it'll be rare and teams/players will have their values back(e.g. Nowadays who bids for Del Piero/ Giggs etc...? I remember about a year and a half ago every player was bidded on, forget age). GC's have lost most the excitement that they used to contain, now if you ever have a big club payed for everything has to be pre-arranged(for deals) so there is no excitement or surprises when you log onto your clubs(when gc's are new).[/quote']

I also agree that the idea of platinum championships sounds very good. Have SM released any updates about the idea?

I also agree that the idea of platinum championships sounds very good. Have SM released any updates about the idea?

Nope, there was a proposed new and larger GC format that was supposed to be started in September last year :rolleyes:, but SM are unlikely to do anything different while so many people keep paying to reserve clubs in the existing GC format.

While the money is rolling in then if (to SM's mind) it ain't broke why fix it...?

Nope' date=' there was a proposed new and larger GC format that was supposed to be started in September last year :rolleyes:, but SM are unlikely to do anything different while so many people keep paying to reserve clubs in the existing GC format.

While the money is rolling in then if (to SM's mind) it ain't broke why fix it...?[/quote']

Very good point there mate :) they might introduce once the GC interest dies down or if it ever does but they probably leave it a while to release these new championships i think ;)

I posted about this ages ago.

I think the only way you should be able to get a team in a Platinum Championship should be by earning a "Platinum Championship Club Slot". They could be earned in one of two ways:-

1. Performance in Gold Championships

2. Contributions to the SM community

1. There are various ways you could reward performance, you could earn a spot each time you win so many GC trophies or there could be a points system where e.g. a SMFA Cup is worth 20 points, SMFA Shield 15 points etc and you could then "buy" a PC slot with say 50 points. Using a points system could "future proof" this a bit as say in 3 years time PC's were getting a bit stale SM could introduce a new Championship that costs say 200 points etc.

2. There are people out there who translate SM into different languages or moderate on the forum or test new developments, these people could be rewarded with a PC Slot?

In terms of the format I think there should be various formats introduced with various rules. A few formats could be:-

1. Big 5 european top 2 divisions with a european style championship

2. International gameworlds

3. Classic gameworld

4. A Global league (like a GC) but with Asian and African leagues included

5. A british isle league minus the premiership - GC format so european style league winners competition

6. Minor european league format

7. Draft format - every team starts with £250m in the bank but no players and has 7 days to create a team before the league starts.

There are sooo many more you could do!!

I also think various rules could be introduced:-

1. One league could copy the Premier Leagues new rules of a 25 man squad including 8 home grown players plus as many under 21s as you like.

2. You could have the old european 3 foriegn players rule, this applied to english teams playing in europe in the 90's.

3. Some could just have random rules like you have to have 10 over 30 players in your squad.

What I would love to happen one day is to earn a Platinum Club slot and then have to spend an hour trying to decide which Platinum game world to join as each one was different and challenging in various ways.

Does that make sense?

What i think should happen if SM ever decide to take this idea up:

- They should make 1 a year and thats it.

- It should be free

- 1 slot for Platinum teams no more can be bought and can only be accessed my members of a rep of 75+

- Managers must be Gold Members

- Release time announced (for example an estimate of between 3-6pm gmt)

- More leagues exploring lower divisions

If i had my way there would only be one ever ! but thats just me

- It should be free

- 1 slot for Platinum teams no more can be bought and can only be accessed my members of a rep of 75+

Great Idea about having only 1 PC spot. It would stop club hopping and bring back the value to smaller clubs!

Great Idea about having only 1 PC spot. It would stop club hopping and bring back the value to smaller clubs!

It would also encourage loyalty and actual building of teams !, i also think that if a manager leaves he is then not aloud to rejoin the set-up for 14 days so there is no constant club jumping.

You couldn't only have one. There are currently 14' date='200 gold members. If there was one PC with 1000 teams that would mean 13,200 gold members couldn't join it.

It would also encourage loyalty and actual building of teams !, i also think that if a manager leaves he is then not aloud to rejoin the set-up for 14 days so there is no constant club jumping.

This is a good idea, maybe this should be introduced in all game worlds?

I think the benefits of making many different formats for PCs would be that they would stay fresh. They could be different sizes, with different rules, but if certain formats were very popular they could be repeated.

There are currently 134 Gold Championships, thats 54,932 clubs available to manage.

If Platinum Championships are created SM should cap the number of clubs available to manage at say roughly 10% of the number of clubs available in Gold Championships to begin with. So based on 55,000 (rounded up) that would be 5,500 clubs available to manage in Platinum Championships, that would be (very roughly) 1 PC club for every 3 Gold Members, that should keep demand up.

I don't think every manager should get one PC slot, this would cause complaints as unless SM created lots of PCs to begin with, lots of managers wouldn't get a team. And creating lots (enough for more than 14,000 players) would defeat the purpose, if thats all they want to do they should just reformat the GCs.

A reward based system would be like the next level of the game, you have to complete so much to earn a go at a harder level.

You couldn't only have one. There are currently 14' date='200 gold members. If there was one PC with 1000 teams that would mean 13,200 gold members couldn't join it.[/quote']

I suppose they could introduce a new one maybe every 2-3 months but still stick to 1 slot per person. I know there is a lot of gold managers but you want demand to be higher than whats produced to make sure all teams are taken.

- It should be free

Just wanted to add my support to this sort of idea. Suggest it to SM maybe? It can't hurt, even if told where to go, surely?

Just wanted to add my support to this sort of idea. Suggest it to SM maybe? It can't hurt' date=' even if told where to go, surely?[/quote']

I might do mate :) and thanks for the support , i still think it needs a little developing as SM are most likley going to ignore it completely looking like that B)

Very good idea.

I only have two GC teams because I do not see why I should pay £3 or whatever it is to reserve a club when I pay for my entry into GC anyway with my annual membership? Since I do not care for international management much then the only benefit of me having a GM is to enter the GC's in my eyes.

I particularly like the idea of earning your way into the championship actually. But limit the number of slots to a maximum of two that you can enter. You could do like an online petition and get a ton of signatures and present our case to SM - surely they must listen if their customers have demand on a large scale?

I wouldnt mind a new Format system. Just GC's are getting boring now with the 'every other day' method of them being created. And Platinum Championships have been around SM for a while now, about time they made a decision on them.

Just wanted to add my support to this sort of idea. Suggest it to SM maybe? It can't hurt' date=' even if told where to go, surely?[/quote']

I submitted a ticket last night, I told them about these ideas and I asked them to take a look at this thread.

But tbh Im only one person, they wont listen to me. We all need to submit tickets to the 'suggestions category.'

Maybe if we can get a large amount of the community to care then we may have an idea here :)

I submitted a ticket last night' date=' I told them about these ideas and I asked them to take a look at this thread.

But tbh Im only one person, they wont listen to me. We all need to submit tickets to the 'suggestions category.'[/quote']

What the ideas i put forward ? or the idea of a PC

I think every body agrees that Platinum championships are the way forward, in terms of game development.

However, i disagree with a few points.

Notably, the fact that translators should be rewarded with a slot in a PC.

These guys have already been given free gold membership and were able to reserve ANY team they want in a GC before it opened to others and obviously for free. They have had their reward, why give them something else, thats unfair IMO.

Regarding the format, it shouldnt turn into some fantasy football or completely unrealsitic format. The thing people like about GC's is the fact that there are several world leagues are competing under one roof so to speak.

PC would have to develop on this.

Have more leagues, and more teams.

The issue regarding PC is the creation of and the entry into.

1) SM should 100% only make 2 MAX per year, and that is based on the amount of members that qualify for Entry.

2) Entry into PC's should be hard, you shouldnt automatically be allowed entry just because you paid for GC's, GC's were supposed to be for the elite managers, thats what SM advertise it as but you still get little toe rags club hopping, cheating and extremely ignorant and in active managers.

Requirements of entry should be the big topic on this thread.

IMO a PC applicant should have at least ONE of the following

- Been with a club for 3 seasons ( around 9 months - shows loyality )

- OR not had a ridiculous amount of teams in the past ( you can see on their profile ) wouldnt be sure how to work it out but lets say if SM divide the amount of days you have been on SM by the clubs you have managed and for every 10 days you have picked up more than one club you shouldnt be allowed in till that figure increases ? The amount can be discussed.

- GC Honours, succesful managers should be rewarded.

- Building a team up, if SM can some how compare the value you have added to a team that should go for you.

etc will add more later need to dash

I think every body agrees that Platinum championships are the way forward' date=' in terms of game development.

These guys have already been given free gold membership and were able to reserve ANY team they want in a GC before it opened to others and obviously for free. They have had their reward, why give them something else, thats unfair IMO.

Regarding the format, it shouldnt turn into some fantasy football or completely unrealsitic format. The thing people like about GC's is the fact that there are several world leagues are competing under one roof so to speak.

1) SM should 100% only make 2 MAX per year, and that is based on the amount of members that qualify for Entry.

2) Entry into PC's should be hard, you shouldnt automatically be allowed entry just because you paid for GC's, GC's were supposed to be for the elite managers, thats what SM advertise it as but you still get little toe rags club hopping, cheating and extremely ignorant and in active managers.

- Been with a club for 3 seasons ( around 9 months - shows loyality )

- OR not had a ridiculous amount of teams in the past ( you can see on their profile ) wouldnt be sure how to work it out but lets say if SM divide the amount of days you have been on SM by the clubs you have managed and for every 10 days you have picked up more than one club you shouldnt be allowed in till that figure increases ? The amount can be discussed.

- [b']Building a team up, if SM can some how compare the value you have added to a team that should go for you.[/b]

I think me and you are on similar sheets Adam.

One question i do have is the bolded part would that just be GC's or EC's to ? i like the first qualifier the most tbh because you say that shows loyalty.

I submitted a ticket last night' date=' I told them about these ideas and I asked them to take a look at this thread.

But tbh Im only one person, they wont listen to me. We all need to submit tickets to the 'suggestions category.'[/quote']

I just did one there under Ash's ideas.

I think every body agrees that Platinum championships are the way forward' date=' in terms of game development.

[b']- Been with a club for 3 seasons ( around 9 months - shows loyality )

- Building a team up, if SM can some how compare the value you have added to a team that should go for you.

[/b]

No this would be bad, it'd mean the PC wouldnt be filled. All those conditions may benefit you because you have been aroound on SM long enough to have had 3 seasons with a club and gain honours, where as this is impossible for newer managers and this would put them off becoming a GM and SM wouldnt want that.

The idea of a platinum championship would be that they are very very

rare and unique so they will be filled up to the highest possible you number of competitors, but if you have to have a certain amount of honours or seasons with a club only a handfull will be able join and the PC will therefor become empty and dull like GC's.

I couldn't care if MR.HAMMER is in the league, as long as its a club managed rather than unmanaged im happy!

Ive also got another improvement it could put in this one may not be liked by the way.

To make the PC'S more realistic clubs that have nationality restrictions should also have them in game as well with the chairman blocking any deal that means the club would go under the restriction. For example United must have 8 British players in there 25 opted squad ? (im not so keen on the squad restrictions btw but that could easily be introduced as well)

I think one person should write out the Rules and what not of the Platinum championship and should be posted as the 1st post.Then everyone should copy it and submit it to Sm and that way they can't ignore it.

Could be an idea buy we all have to agree on what we want first.

Personally all I think it needs is 2 PC's a year, added leagues and 100% free.