Sign in to follow this  
Stuart H

Platinum Championships?

Re: Platinum Championships?

well 100% would be first on my list:D What is 2 PC's you mean by one 2 teams to a Ip address or something?

- They should make 1-2 a year and thats it.

- It should be free

- Managers must be Gold Members

- 1 slot for Platinum teams no more can be bought and can only be accessed my members of a rep of 75+

- Release time announced (for example an estimate of between 3-6pm gmt)

- More leagues exploring lower divisions

- More Realistic League restrictions

- Making Cash more Valuable somehow

Nothing to do with IPs other wise me and my brother could only have 1 team between us ! , Account = 1 team

Also cheats that have been banned in the past or have had rep reduction should not be aloud to enter

- They should make 1-2 a year and thats it.

- It should be free

- Managers must be Gold Members

- 1 slot for Platinum teams no more can be bought and can only be accessed my members of a rep of 75+

- Release time announced (for example an estimate of between 3-6pm gmt)

- More leagues exploring lower divisions

- More Realistic League restrictions

- Making Cash more Valuable somehow

Nothing to do with IPs other wise me and my brother could only have 1 team between us ! ' date=' Account = 1 team

Also cheats that have been banned in the past or have had rep reduction should not be aloud to enter[/quote']

Making Cash more Valuable should happen.Everytime i go on my Gold teams there's allways Ronaldo for Villa and Silva for Example but to make it more realistic he should be sold for cash,Maybe for P/e there can only be one player traded and cash as you did'nt see Ibrahimovic get sold for Eto'o and another Player but just one and cash.So instead of two trading spots there can only be one.

Making Cash more Valuable should happen.Everytime i go on my Gold teams there's allways Ronaldo for Villa and Silva for Example but to make it more realistic he should be sold for cash' date='Maybe for P/e there can only be one player traded and cash as you did'nt see Ibrahimovic get sold for Eto'o and another Player but just one and cash.So instead of two trading spots there can only be one.[/quote']

Managers would just find an easy way around that. I dont know how it could be done as its quite a tricky situation now but it has to be for the benefit of the game.

Managers would just find an easy way around that. I dont know how it could be done as its quite a tricky situation now but it has to be for the benefit of the game.

Yes i know they can find the easier way around,the 2 or 3 part deals.Only problem is that when cash will be introduced managers will sign top players for cash but won't let anyone go for cash =/ pretty hard to sort out cash made more valuable.

Obviously, I'm all for the idea of Platinum Championships. PC1 is the only other set-up I'm willing to enter right now.

As for restricting who comes in, I disagree to some extent. I don't care if you've club-hopped a million times; as frustrating as it may be, that's no reason to deny people access to this brand new format. The only people I would deny access to PC1 is the cheats. If you have EVER had your rep reduced, you shouldn't be allowed to enter. SM should introduce a probation rule where, if you don't reoffend (so to speak) in the next 12 months, the ban is lifted and you can then enter PC1.

All ages, all reps, etc. - just no cheats.

And SM can have language mods or anyone else to reserve whoever the hell they like in my opinion, because I'm going for the worst side possible! :D

Yes i know they can find the easier way around' date='the 2 or 3 part deals.Only problem is that when cash will be introduced managers will sign top players for cash but won't let anyone go for cash =/ pretty hard to sort out cash made more valuable.[/quote']

I believe this needs its own thread as were going off subject here :o , has anyone got any suggestions how we can get this out to the wider community or get SM to sit up and take notice ?

I believe this needs its own thread as were going off subject here :o ' date=' has anyone got any suggestions how we can get this out to the wider community or get SM to sit up and take notice ?[/quote']

Send a ticket! Under suggestions.

Obviously' date=' I'm all for the idea of Platinum Championships. PC1 is the only other set-up I'm willing to enter right now.

As for restricting who comes in, I disagree to some extent. I don't care if you've club-hopped a million times; as frustrating as it may be, that's no reason to deny people access to this brand new format. The only people I would deny access to PC1 is the cheats. If you have EVER had your rep reduced, you shouldn't be allowed to enter. SM should introduce a probation rule where, if you don't reoffend (so to speak) in the next 12 months, the ban is lifted and you can then enter PC1.

[b']All ages, all reps, etc. - just no cheats.[/b]

And SM can have language mods or anyone else to reserve whoever the hell they like in my opinion, because I'm going for the worst side possible! :D

I'd agree with this though a different format to GCs would be nice :)

I'd agree with this though a different format to GCs would be nice :)

Well yeh' date=' of course. I was going by the assumption that everyone was aware of what SM proposed for Platinum Championships last summer:

http://blog.soccermanager.com/ideas-suggested-improvements/ideas-suggested-improvements-platinum-championships.html

Well yeh' date=' of course. I was going by the assumption that everyone was aware of what SM proposed for Platinum Championships last summer:

http://blog.soccermanager.com/ideas-suggested-improvements/ideas-suggested-improvements-platinum-championships.html

You can post comments on the idea at the bottom maybe we should all post?

No this would be bad' date=' it'd mean the PC wouldnt be filled. All those conditions may benefit you because you have been aroound on SM long enough to have had 3 seasons with a club and gain honours, where as this is impossible for newer managers and this would put them off becoming a GM and SM wouldnt want that.

The idea of a platinum championship would be that they are very very

rare and unique so they will be filled up to the highest possible you number of competitors, but if you have to have a certain amount of honours or seasons with a club only a handfull will be able join and the PC will therefor become empty and dull like GC's.

I couldn't care if MR.HAMMER is in the league, as long as its a club managed rather than unmanaged im happy![/quote']

Completely disagree.

Whats the point of making a new format that will just be ruined by idiots like GC's are and have no prestige to them.

There HAS to be entry requirements. Simple

IMO

Completely disagree.

Whats the point of making a new format that will just be ruined by idiots like GC's are and have no prestige to them.

IMO

Well why not teach these idiots not to be idiots and impose a rule that you can only enter a PC once. So say I take a team, quit and go for another Im not allowed back in! That way these idiots will learn to stick with their clubs!

Completely disagree.

IMO

But, speaking for myself also and probably many others. What happened if we stopped playing SM and we came back. We had clubs that we had for over a Year, would that count in the rules you put forward, or would you have too still be managing that particular club?

Completely disagree.

IMO

New format is just as easily ruined by having teams unmanaged though. Take teams like Osasuna, Goias etc. who all have their best player robbed at the start of the GC when they are inevitably unmanaged. No-one's ever going to take that side unless it's from the start.

Platinum Championships need to be filled or similar rules to no buying from unmanaged should be enforced (maybe over a certain rating?). Also, instead of selection criteria, would it be best to have de-selection criteria? For example: any history of cheating means you're out, too small an average time spent with club means you're out? These are easier to distinguish between as everyone will have their own opinions on rep boundaries, number of honours etc.

Here are my ideas

1. No age restrictions.

2. Only managers with a reputation of more than 40 can enter the leagues. So if your rep is 29 for example you wait till it's 40 again before you enter.

3. To prevent club hoppers you can have at the most 2 clubs in a single Platinum Championship excluding job offers. So you've got to make your choice of team wisely and this should prevent people joining teams and then quitting them within seconds.

4. For the first 2 turns no buying from unmanaged clubs to make them more attractive to potential managers leading to a large percentage of teams being manged hopefully.

5. Create 2 maybe 3 PC's at the very most in a single calender year. This should bring back the excitement there was when people used to join new GC's in the past.

IMO PC's are a must to SM now. I want to join more GC's but theres no point in taking over a side in GC174 and raiding all the unmanaged clubs when GC175 is created. That's getting extremely boring and theres no sense of achievement. If SM do decide to make it I would be getting in touch with them to add a team that's not on SM atm and have a proper challenge hopefully with a large percentage of teams being managed.

New format is just as easily ruined by having teams unmanaged though. Take teams like Osasuna' date=' Goias etc. who all have their best player robbed at the start of the GC when they are inevitably unmanaged. No-one's ever going to take that side unless it's from the start.

Platinum Championships need to be filled or similar rules to no buying from unmanaged should be enforced (maybe over a certain rating?). Also, instead of selection criteria, would it be best to have de-selection criteria? For example: any history of cheating means you're out, too small an average time spent with club means you're out? These are easier to distinguish between as everyone will have their own opinions on rep boundaries, number of honours etc.[/quote']

So only create 1 or 2 per calendar year, there are plenty of people who would meet the requirements.

Here are my ideas

1. No age restrictions.

2. Only managers with a reputation of more than 40 can enter the leagues. So if your rep is 29 for example you wait till it's 40 again before you enter.

3. To prevent club hoppers you can have at the most 2 clubs in a single Platinum Championship excluding job offers. So you've got to make your choice of team wisely and this should prevent people joining teams and then quitting them within seconds.

4. For the first 2 turns no buying from unmanaged clubs to make them more attractive to potential managers leading to a large percentage of teams being manged hopefully.

5. Create 2 maybe 3 PC's at the very most in a single calender year. This should bring back the excitement there was when people used to join new GC's in the past.

IMO PC's are a must to SM now. I want to join more GC's but theres no point in taking over a side in GC174 and raiding all the unmanaged clubs when GC175 is created. That's getting extremely boring and theres no sense of achievement. If SM do decide to make it I would be getting in touch with them to add a team that's not on SM atm and have a proper challenge hopefully with a large percentage of teams being managed.

^^^ This.

If we were to send a template to SM re: Platinum Championships, I'd send this. However, I'd also add another point:

6. If you are caught cheating within a PC, you are banned from that and all future PC's.

A few points from reading through the last 2 pages (this thread has suddenly got busy!!):-

1. I wasn't aware translators had been rewarded in that way.

2. Ashh, I suggested nationality restrictions on my post last night ;)

3. There has to be some sort of entry requirement, getting a PC club slot should be a reward for good performance.

4. I agree PCs should be free to Gold Members, as you have to be competing in GCs to gain entry.

5. I like Mr.Adamski's idea of rewarding loyalty.

6. Restricting the number of PCs created each year depends on what the format should be. I think every PC should be several leagues competing under one roof as Mr.Adamski put it, but I do think there could be differences between each PC, some could be huge, even bigger that the current GC format, some could be smaller but with rules e.g. the nationality rule. I think SM should aim to create around 4,000 PC clubs available to manage in the first 6 months, depending on what the entry criteria is and how many managers meet that criteria. That would mean if every club was managed there would still be more than 10,000 GM's without a PC club.

The other thing to think about with some of these complex rules is how much work would it take SM to build them? Checking how many clubs 14,200 managers have managed and then deciding if they can take over a club or not could be a very complex query which could (depending on how the game is built) take a long time to implement or have an impact on the speed of the site.

Here are my ideas

1. No age restrictions.

That is exactly how it should be. Great ideas there, it will allow all GM's to join and if they don't deserve to be in the PC in future they wont.

I think if someone could re-phrase this as if you were sending it as a suggestion ticket to SM and we will all copy and paste it and go from there?

Whats the point in sending sm this ticket' date=' wont do anything, people have done it before.

I just dont think people should get their hopes up ;)[/quote']

Its better than doing nothing, we can at least get SM to acknowledge the fact that were all fed up with GC's being thrown out like World Championships.