Sign in to follow this  
Stuart H

Platinum Championships?

Re: Platinum Championships?

Whats the point in sending sm this ticket' date=' wont do anything, people have done it before.

I just dont think people should get their hopes up ;)[/quote']

Agreed. I really just made this thread for discussion :o Action would be great though.

SM make about 3 GCs a week now. At least 50 clubs are reserved in each at at £3 each. That's £450 for doing absolutely nothing. Until people boycott new sides nothing will happen. If you want action you can't just rely on sending tickets ;)

Agreed. I really just made this thread for discussion :o Action would be great though.

SM make about 3 GCs a week now. At least 50 clubs are reserved in each at at £3 each. That's £450 for doing absolutely nothing. Until people boycott new sides nothing will happen. If you want action you can't just rely on sending tickets ;)

SM can keep pumping out GC's when one PC is made a year though, they'll still makea lot of money.

I think we these Platinum Championship , all you can do is wait untill they have made one, Its the only real way you will gain a accurate view on it , this is smiliar to people not being happy about amount og Gc's being made, you can discuss about these new championships as much as you want , you just have to see what it is there going to make and what the reaction will be.

Well yeh' date=' of course. I was going by the assumption that everyone was aware of what SM proposed for Platinum Championships last summer:

http://blog.soccermanager.com/ideas-suggested-improvements/ideas-suggested-improvements-platinum-championships.html

I must be the only person to remember this post..

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=930142&postcount=24545

Probably another idea they announced before getting rid of it without mention, there's been a few of them..

I must be the only person to remember this post..

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=930142&postcount=24545

Probably another idea they announced before getting rid of it without mention' date=' there's been a few of them..[/quote']

Yes but they told us they were planning/thinking of doing it. And if Im right he sent that ticket to the shop quiries section? Their job is to sort out peoples money + help us with purchasing items. I don't think they'd be the ones that create GC's, or even know about PC's??

Anyway some good news:

Dynamo Kiev

Club America

Rubin

Sao Paulo

Boca Juniors

RSC Anderlacht

Olympicacos

Internacional

All the above are NOT reserved in GC134.

Normally a good few of those teams are. Maybe everyone is getting fed up of these new GC's... :rolleyes:

I agree with the suggestions other people have made regarding:

1. Only 1 or 2 platinum championships being made per year

2. 100% free

3. Release time announced a week or so in advance.

4. People who quit clubs should not be able to manage another club in the same platinum championship (to prevent club-hopping.)

5. Cheaters should not be allowed into the game world, however I disagree with some of the other suggestions I've read about entry requirements (rep, GC honours, etc.)

6. The suggestion I thought was the best was to introduce a 25-man squad cap with unlimited u-21 players. This would make the game world alot more realistic.

Another thing that I would like to see if platinum championships were introduced is increasing the value of cash. For me, the most unrealistic aspect of this game is all of the P/E deals. In reality, P/E deals rarely happen compared to cash deals. My suggestion to add to platinum championships is to allow P/E deals for players 95+, and only allow cash deals for players rated under 95. I think that this would make the game more realistic and at the same time still allow deals for top rated players to happen. (Let's face it, no one is going to sell Messi or Villa for cash.)

I'm also all for getting a group of people to send tickets to SM, or even the idea of creating an online petition :D

Guest Abdel Zizi

I agree with the suggestions other people have made regarding:

1. Only 1 or 2 platinum championships being made per year

2. 100% free

3. Release time announced a week or so in advance.

4. People who quit clubs should not be able to manage another club in the same platinum championship (to prevent club-hopping.)

5. Cheaters should not be allowed into the game world' date=' however I disagree with some of the other suggestions I've read about entry requirements (rep, GC honours, etc.)

6. The suggestion I thought was the best was to introduce a 25-man squad cap with unlimited u-21 players. This would make the game world alot more realistic.

Another thing that I would like to see if platinum championships were introduced is increasing the value of cash. For me, the most unrealistic aspect of this game is all of the P/E deals. In reality, P/E deals rarely happen compared to cash deals. My suggestion to add to platinum championships is to allow P/E deals for players 95+, and only allow cash deals for players rated under 95. I think that this would make the game more realistic and at the same time still allow deals for top rated players to happen. (Let's face it, no one is going to sell Messi or Villa for cash.)

I'm also all for getting a group of people to send tickets to SM, or even the idea of creating an online petition :D[/quote']

I disagree with a few things. As GC's are no more elite, these platinum GC's should be. Since they are made only twice per season, only the best may join. One requirement is a GM status, obviously. Another requirement is atleast a rep of 100 (which isn't long, a good year).

Don't say when the platinum will be opened, as the site will go down again due to too many people refreshing to get in. Hand out job offers, to the ones who deserve it. As the platinums contains a gigantic number of teams, that's not hard to do.

I like the idea of disallowing club hoppers, and as Sm is too lenient on cheaters, I would love everyone who has had a rep reduction for cheating or suspicion of cheating to be denied entry.

I got fed up with GC's after they made more than 15 tbh. A lot of people were kicking up about it well over a year ago and seems it like we still aren't happy. If SM ever did introduce a PC I'd rather they kept it to just ONE. The days when most GC's were full and you couldn't even get a division 4 team were the best IMO. So much more enjoyable.

I got fed up with GC's after they made more than 15 tbh. A lot of people were kicking up about it well over a year ago and seems it like we still aren't happy. If SM ever did introduce a PC I'd rather they kept it to just ONE. The days when most GC's were full and you couldn't even get a division 4 team were the best IMO. So much more enjoyable.

I remember when I was new to the game I was refreshing and refreshing with my target as Athletico Madrid in GC67, I had Ipswich as my backup, but I ended up with Norwich because even a team like Ipswich was big!

A platinum Championship should be totally different from any GW present here. It should be like this:

1. A complete realistic simulation as the world currently has.

2. The rating of players shouldn't depend upon SW rather it should be over their performance in the league.

Now I know it is something that is imaginary:p but it can be done as imagination brings us to a new reality.B)

the game world should have a creation time..

managers should have 3 choices of importance club wise who they wish to apply for.. all clubs are application only..

clubs will be structured into tiers based on top clubs.. middle clubs.. bottom clubs for each division of each league for each country within the game world..

each club will have set criteria of some sort based on top.. middle or bottom you must have complied with over your time playing sm gc formats.. you must have passed 1 to be able to apply for the side..

the manager to have complied with the majority of criteria for the club they have applied for will get them.. all managers will be shown who have applied for your sides so you know who your are up against with each club.. a draw in completed criteria first person to apply should get the side..

if you loose out on all of your 3 choices you don't get into the world meaning club selection is vital.. making low end clubs valuble no doubt and meaning people would have to play for job offers for the bigger clubs unless they pass criteria to be able to apply internally if a club is free..

for any external manager who then wishes to join the game world as vacancies arise they must apply based on the club criteria if possible.. if you dont have any criteria for the vacant club you cant apply until a club pops up which your able to so you may only be able to join the world at the bottom end club wise until you build your club reputation up via gold sm elsewhere or within this world..

there should be a clear/visual time window of 24 hours for external/internal applicants applyin for free clubs along the way.. all applications are visual..

I have just seen this so the answer may be too late 4 years on, but 2 things bug me.

1 is that in Asia/Australia by the time you wake up after a new GW has opened all the good teams are gone.

2 It is unrealistic to have World 11 teams, this could be fixed by 2 things first teams can only have a certain number of foreign players like in real life, and players have a level they will not play at as in SM 2015 so Messi will not play for Perth Glory.

Cheers

Myron.