Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

;2602363']coz the Maracana was a building site...well duh fifa

its back on now...madness.

Just read that too. Gotta love the Brazilian judiciary system. No doubt in my mind that that stadium actually does have dangers but they overruled the only judge who had a clue in an effort to save their face in public.

And Goretzka to Schalke. Very happy with that. Goretzka should get some playing time there' date=' work in a good environment where he can develop before moving to Bayern in a few years.[/quote']

Give it a couple of years and he'll be with Draxler on the subsitute bench at Bayern :P,in all seriousness how good and what type of player is he,I've heard him mentioned before,but I don't watch 2 Bundesliga or the German Youth levels so I haven't watched him before.

Still I suppose with Goretzka,Draxler and Meyer we've got a very good young core to the midfield,with him and Santana already joining it'll be very interesting to see where else we strengthen over the summer,seem to be adding to the squad quite sensibly at this moment in time,just hope Papa doesn't go to Liverpool now they have money from the Suarez sale :o.

Give it a couple of years and he'll be with Draxler on the subsitute bench at Bayern :P' date='in all seriousness how good and what type of player is he,I've heard him mentioned before,but I don't watch 2 Bundesliga or the German Youth levels so I haven't watched him before.

Still I suppose with Goretzka,Draxler and Meyer we've got a very good young core to the midfield,with him and Santana already joining it'll be very interesting to see where else we strengthen over the summer,seem to be adding to the squad quite sensibly at this moment in time,just hope Papa doesn't go to Liverpool now they have money from the Suarez sale :o.[/quote']

Goretzka is a massive talent. Plays central or right midfield. Was captain of the U17-team at the Euro which we lost in pens.

He is quite tall, 1.90m. Needs to bulk up a bit more though. Very strong in the air but also good on the ball due to Germany's youth system which teaches a lot of technique and ball handling.

If you want a comparison player-type wise, think Javi Martinez.

Draxler, Goretzka, Meyer is indeed a very talented young midfield. Lots of profit to be made there.

Give it a couple of years and he'll be with Draxler on the subsitute bench at Bayern :P' date='in all seriousness how good and what type of player is he,I've heard him mentioned before,but I don't watch 2 Bundesliga or the German Youth levels so I haven't watched him before.

Still I suppose with Goretzka,Draxler and Meyer we've got a very good young core to the midfield,with him and Santana already joining it'll be very interesting to see where else we strengthen over the summer,seem to be adding to the squad quite sensibly at this moment in time,just hope Papa doesn't go to [b']Liverpool now they have money from the Suarez sale [/b]:o.

We haven't sold him so dont know where you get that from and we had the money to afford to buy Papa regardless. Whether the move actually happens or not is completely different Papa's agent suggested he wants to stay at Schalke but who knows, Schalke have a few CB now and may be prepered to sell.

We haven't sold him so dont know where you get that from and we had the money to afford to buy Papa regardless. Whether the move actually happens or not is completely different Papa's agent suggested he wants to stay at Schalke but who knows' date=' Schalke have a few CB now and may be prepered to sell.[/quote']

Yes you did have the money anyway but now I definitely think you'll be paying Papa's supposed release clause of 21 Million Euros,all the rumours and Suarez statement suggest he'll be leaving so if Papa is a priority target with the potential money from Suarez and Carroll then you'll be making a bid.

Agent talk means very little in all honesty,I hope he stays but I can't see it happening.

Couple of info from the Rummenigge interview.

1. Heynckes has a "carte blanche". If there is any position at the club he'd like to fill out or help with (they already offered him being a board member before), he can.

2. Ribery will very likely extend his contract til 2017.

3. There is no chance Mandzukic or Shaqiri go to Dortmund. Bayern wants to keep both players and both players want to stay at Bayern.

4. Rafinha will probably stay too and continue being Lahm's back-up despite strong interest by his former club Schalke.