Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Then I'm mental too' date=' whatever that means.[/quote']
DEFINITION OF MENTAL (DICTIONARY)

1. of or pertaining to the mind: mental powers; mental suffering.

2. of, pertaining to, or affected by a disorder of the mind: a mental patient; mental illness.

3. providing care for persons with disordered minds, emotions, etc.: a mental hospital.

4. performed by or existing in the mind: mental arithmetic; a mental note.

5. pertaining to intellectuals or intellectual activity.

... :rolleyes:

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Which would make his post only better. Neuer is king in making silly mistakes.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, as ridiculous as it may be ;).

All I know is that Neuer will be World keeper of the year having won the treble while setting numbers and figures no other goalie or defense has in 50 years of Bundesliga :)

Everybody is entitled to their opinion' date=' as ridiculous as it may be ;).

All I know is that Neuer will be World keeper of the year having won the triple while setting numbers and figures no other goalie or defense has in 50 years of Bundesliga :)[/quote']

Good for Neuer. I wish Ter Stegen won the triple with Borussia, but no luck there.

Neuer makes the occasional blunder (why I'm not a massive fan) but he's clearly a world class keeper and on a completely other level to Ter Stegen. Have any of you seen how few goals Bayern have conceded this season?! It's ridiculous.

He makes a blunder or two due to boredom tbh. That got better though this season compared to last. The question is which keeper doesn't these days. Needs to work on his concentration against the minnows.

He is always there when it matters. WC / EC / CL Semi or Final, big cup games etc.

Performing when needed

He makes a blunder or two due to boredom tbh. That got better though this season compared to last. The question is which keeper doesn't these days. Needs to work on his concentration against the minnows.

He is always there when it matters. WC / EC / CL Semi or Final' date=' big cup games etc.

Performing when needed[/quote']

My dislike stems from last season when everyone would rate Neuer higher than Hart despite Neuer messing up regularly and Hart being solid all season. That view's become messed up this season though :P

Neuer makes the occasional blunder (why I'm not a massive fan) but he's clearly a world class keeper and on a completely other level to Ter Stegen. Have any of you seen how few goals Bayern have conceded this season?! It's ridiculous.

On a completely other level to Ter Stegen? That says enough for me. He who knows Ter Stegen as well as me, would either laugh out loud or get a massive pain in the head reading this. But why should I be surprised? Being Bayern's goalkeeper makes it much more easier to look better than as Borussia's goalkeeper. Neuer even can make occasional a blunder, and it's all good.

On a completely other level to Ter Stegen? That says enough for me. He who knows Ter Stegen as well as me' date=' would either laugh out loud or get a massive pain in the head reading this. But why should I be surprised? [b']Being Bayern's goalkeeper makes it much more easier to look better than as Borussia's goalkeeper[/b]. Neuer even can make occasional a blunder, and it's all good.

Best buddies with Marc-Andre? ;)

That's actually fundamentally wrong. It is much harder to focus the entire 90 minutes and saving that one and only ball when it comes in the 88th minute while being bored out of your mind before that compared to being shot at for 90 minutes and saving 9 out of 10.

The former one, keeping up the focus, always being ready, that is what makes a great goalkeeper.

That's actually fundamentally wrong. It is much harder to focus the entire 90 minutes and saving that one and only ball when it comes in the 88th minute while being bored out of your mind before that compared to being shot at for 90 minutes and saving 9 out of 10.

The former one' date=' keeping up the focus, always being ready, that is what makes a great goalkeeper.[/quote']

^ This.

You also need to remember that Neuer did at Schalke 5 years ago what Ter Stegen is doing now at Gladbach. He broke onto the scene in his late teens/early twenties and earned his move to a giant, where he now continues to excel. Being at a club where you need to make fewer saves doesn't make you a lesser keeper. By that logic, the keepers in sides that get relegated are probably some of the best.

That's actually fundamentally wrong.

It's not fundamentally wrong, while whatever you said has nothing to do with what I meant. Most people see Bayern winning the triple, their defense allowing very few goals against, and people easily believe that makes Neuer the best, even when seeing a mistake sometimes, while they see enough of Bayern's many good games. Ter Stegen on the other hand, playing for Gladbach, people rarely see them play, and then Ter Stegen makes a mistake, which gets shown, and that affects way too much people's judgement. I know both Ter Stegen and Neuer hundred times better than at least 99% of all people, so people can say whatever they want, but I know better. When Ter Stegen became Gladbach's first goalkeeper, he showed such an unusual mature and world class display for such young goalkeeper. And when we, or at least I, take a look at a young Neuer, then that was a much less goalkeeper than Ter Stegen. Neuer made for so many seasons so many silly mistakes, and he still does make them occasionally as people do admit this, thankfully. This is something Ter Stegen clearly will always be ahead of, and also all other aspects in being an excellent goalkeeper Ter Stegen showed the best of the best so many times on such young age already. Before most people even knew about Ter Stegen, I already expected him to become the best goalkeeper. Shame about the mistake he made against USA, while most people's brain will use that as confirmination that Neuer is the better one, while that's what they believe. Thus when Neuer makes a mistake, most people think ahhh can happen, he also makes good saves, and look at the stats!

It's not fundamentally wrong' date=' while whatever you said has nothing to do with what I meant. Most people see Bayern winning the triple, their defense allowing very few goals against, and people easily believe that makes Neuer the best, even when seeing a mistake sometimes, while they see enough of Bayern's many good games. Ter Stegen on the other hand, playing for Gladbach, people rarely see them play, and then Ter Stegen makes a mistake, which gets shown, and that affects way too much people's judgement. I know both Ter Stegen and Neuer hundred times better than at least 99% of all people, so people can say whatever they want, but I know better. When Ter Stegen became Gladbach's first goalkeeper, he showed such an unusual mature and world class display for such young goalkeeper. And when we, or at least I, take a look at a young Neuer, then that was a much less goalkeeper than Ter Stegen. Neuer made for so many seasons so many silly mistakes, and he still does make them occasionally as people do admit this, thankfully. This is something Ter Stegen clearly will always be ahead of, and also all other aspects in being an excellent goalkeeper Ter Stegen showed the best of the best so many times on such young age already. Before most people even knew about Ter Stegen, I already expected him to become the best goalkeeper. Shame about the mistake he made against USA, while most people's brain will use that as confirmination that Neuer is the better one, while that's what they believe. Thus when Neuer makes a mistake, most people think ahhh can happen, he also makes good saves, and look at the stats![/quote']

I remember Neuer making sure Schalke advances in the CL against Porto by having one of the most immense games ever. Back then he was ter Stegen's age.

Neuer decided CL knockout games in pens at an age ter Stegen can only show 2 third round qualifying matches.

Either way, you are so incredibly convinced of yourself that continuing to debate this makes little sense. Let's just agree to disagree.

The facts speak for themselves anyway. Neuer just had a big part in Bayern winning the CL by saving in great fashion in the final while ter Stegen has a blooper in a meaningless friendly against USA (hardly any pressure) and somehow managed to concede 12 in 3 playing for Germany against opposition such as Switzerland and USA.

I know who I'd rather have in goal ;)

I remember Neuer making sure Schalke advances in the CL against Porto by having one of the most immense games ever. Back then he was ter Stegen's age.

Neuer decided CL knockout games in pens at an age ter Stegen can only show 2 third round qualifying matches.

As goalkeeper of Gladbach it's a little hard to do so, no? By the way, when it comes to saving penalties, Ter Stegen is, or at least was, awful. That's his exception. And the rest of your post... come on... using Neuer's success in CL. Yeah, eh, Ter Stegen, you should win the CL too, else no way you can be a better goalkeeper than Neuer! And if anything, your post exactly proved my point about looking at Neuer's good things, and Ter Stegen's bad things. Where are Neuer's flaws in your post? Where are Ter Stegen's amazing saves? Facts mein... very selective you are being

As goalkeeper of Gladbach it's a little hard to do so' date=' no? By the way, when it comes to saving penalties, Ter Stegen is, or at least was, awful. That's his exception.[/quote']

Hence why this whole debate is moot right now in 2013.

You are saying a keeper who has only played 2 full seasons at club level in his entire career, never once played a single (proper) Champions League game, never once played a competitive international game, never once was in any final of any kind at club level is a world class keeper / Germany's best.

Alright then

Hence why this whole debate is moot right now in 2013.

You are saying a keeper who has only played 2 full seasons at club level in his entire career' date=' never once played a single (proper) Champions League game, never once played a competitive international game, never once was in any final of any kind is a world class keeper / Germany's best.

Alright then[/quote']

I edited my previous post. Worth taking a look. And the answer is yes, while I judge them on their actual abilities they have shown (and not based on a game or two like you do with Ter Stegen's national matches where he was unlucky). You rather look at what kind of games Neuer played, and Ter Stegen didn't. I look, judge, and remember how great and how often they actually have been, and also how often they haven't been.

Posted up Neuer's flaws hours ago. He does lose focus at times in the less important games and tries to do fancy things there once he finally touches the ball when kicking the ball into Row Z would be the better option.

And I have actually watched more than 1 or 2 games of Ter Stegen. Believe it or not, Sky broadcasts every game here..

Since I am apparently biased and you know ter Stegen much better than anybody else, I will quote myself from a month or two ago as Raz and I had this discussion once before.

Good Night :)

I got you guys some neutral information from the pundits. Lots of websites and newspaper give the players marks after every game.

The German word "Note" on the right means mark. It is filtered by the average mark from 1-6 (best to worst).

kicker:

kickerd.png

transfermarkt.de:

transfermark.png

Bild:

bildu.png

Now, as you can see, Trapp is leading by far in all 3 which is totally deserved. He has been phenomenal this season.

Neuer will never lead any of those rankings as he barely gets a shot on target. There was a period this season up til the Wolfsburg game in the second half of the season where Bayern hasn't got a shot on target against them in over 260 minutes. That's more than 4 hours where Neuer didn't have to save a single ball. So yes, you will only get a great ranking by saving balls on a consistent basis.

Now, that is different story with Mönchengladbach. Mönchengladbach gets the third-most shots against them of all Bundesliga teams. So there are plenty of opportunities for Ter Stegen to excel which, as I have mentioned before, he hasn't done this season.

In fact, he is 10th, 12th and 13th in those rankings, so on average that is 12th place which isn't great for a keeper who has lots of opportunities to show his skills.

Ter Stegen has lots of potential and I really like him. However, he hasn't been in great form this season and there has been quite a few keeper who have been better than him.

Actually just checked the end of season ranking and ter Stegen finished even lower in the very end.

kicker ranks him 12th; two spots down from that table I posted up 2 months ago.

transfermarkt ranks him 14th; again two spots down from 2 months ago.

BILD ranks him 14th; 1 spot down from 2 months ago.

Basically confirming what I have said hours ago (based on me actually watching him more than those 2 games at the national team, crazy I know :rolleyes:): he had a very very average season

Based on what a German show have shown Ter Stegen is the best German/Bundesliga goalkeeper on every aspect they listed (different season though). That where much more valuable and interesting 'facts' than those in your post. But if anything, such 'facts' never say enough and can mislead. Just to show I can make Ter Stegen the best also with silly stats (if I actually would have them). I rather base it on what I see, not read (let alone numbers). Back to the first sentence: I already thought Ter Stegen was the very best when I watched that show. That season Ter Stegen was extraordinary immense. Obviously this season is less impressive.

I notice BILD is reporting Bittencourt is joining Hanover 96 but not being fluent in German and google translate not being great I can't see if this is a loan or full purchase of the player.

Can someone enlighten me with that, I was under the impression Bittencourt was well thought of so would be suprised if he has been sold, unless a buy back clause has been put in place.

Thanks!

I notice BILD is reporting Bittencourt is joining Hanover 96 but not being fluent in German and google translate not being great I can't see if this is a loan or full purchase of the player.

Can someone enlighten me with that' date=' I was under the impression Bittencourt was well thought of so would be suprised if he has been sold, unless a buy back clause has been put in place.

Thanks![/quote']

Hannover pays 2-2.5m.

Dortmund has a 6m buy-back clause.

Hasn't managed to convince yet on the big stage. Will be better for him playing for a smaller club.

Also, Kuba has extended his contract at Dortmund til 2018. It is being said that they did so because of his release clause and it is no longer included in his new contract now.

Actually just checked the end of season ranking and ter Stegen finished even lower in the very end.

kicker ranks him 12th; two spots down from that table I posted up 2 months ago.

transfermarkt ranks him 14th; again two spots down from 2 months ago.

BILD ranks him 14th; 1 spot down from 2 months ago.

Basically confirming what I have said hours ago (based on me actually watching him more than those 2 games at the national team' date=' crazy I know :rolleyes:): [b']he had a very very average season[/b]

In 18 team league, with probably max. 20 GK's with reasonable amount of starts 14th place hardly reaches the heights of averageness.