Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Unlucky for Germany' date=' but still some questionable decision by Adrion.

Why Lassoga start ahead of Volland is bugging me.[/quote']

Lasogga is quality.

had a horrific injury, just coming back.

Volland is more of a creator than a striker, cuts in from the left.

;2611997']Lasogga is quality.

had a horrific injury' date=' just coming back.

Volland is more of a creator than a striker, cuts in from the left.[/quote']

Hence why would you start him. Played 249 minutes in the league all season, that is not even 3 full games.

Volland might be a different player type but can easily play up front and has done so for Hoffenheim. Twice the player Lasogga is right now.

And don't even get me started on Mlapa. No idea who actually rates this guy, he is awful.

Adrion had the team-selection completely wrong.

Just saw the match, German great until the end, where they sort of let it go, and then the Dutch won at 89 minutes...

The German's defense wasn't very good I have to say... and the netherlands 2nd goal to me could be cleared be canceled if:

A) The Goalkeeper deflects the shot strongler, so it doesnt dip in.

B) The defense makes the clearance...

Notice some reports linking Bayern with Nicolas N'Koulou of OM! Not sure if they carry any real substance but I think Barca were linked with him whilst Pep was in charge there!

Not a chance he is going Bayern, they already are pretty full in the centre back position (Boateng, Dante, DVB, Badstuber, Kirchoff & Martinez if need be) and he would be nothing but a fringe player in such a quality team. I hold the opinion that if Bayern are looking for a centre back it should be a top top CB, otherwise it would be bad for players like N'Koulou to move there & also DvB would probably have to go but he has just signed a new deal apparently.

Not a chance he is going Bayern' date=' they already are pretty full in the centre back position (Boateng, Dante, DVB, Badstuber, Kirchoff & Martinez if need be) and he would be nothing but a fringe player in such a quality team. I hold the opinion that if Bayern are looking for a centre back it should be a top top CB, otherwise it would be bad for players like N'Koulou to move there & also DvB would probably have to go but he has just signed a new deal apparently.[/quote']

I tend to agree that if Bayern were to buy a CB he would be an established world class player and I think it is the one area they could improve the current side! You would be mad to move Martinez back to CB (even though he is capable of playing that position) and I dont think either DVB or Boateng are top drawer but both are decent! Badstuber is going to be out for a very long period of time so them looking at CB's (maybe not N'Koulou, likely paper/agent talk) doesnt suprise me at all!

Stuttgart manager Bobic is doing a good job currently in my opinion.

After already having signed Rausch, Schwaab, Sararer and Rojas, it's almost certain that Stuttgart will sign Mo Abdellaoue of H96 and Leitner (on a 2-year-loan-deal) of Dortmund.

This will help making the squad stronger - something that has been a problem this season.

After already having signed Rausch' date=' Schwaab, Sararer and Rojas, it's almost certain that Stuttgart will sign Mo Abdellaoue of H96 and Leitner (on a 2-year-loan-deal) of Dortmund.

This will help making the squad stronger - something that has been a problem this season.[/quote']

Agreed, they look set for a better season this year, and look set for a good future ahead i hope that they can secure a Champions League spot in the near future.

Rebuilding a good squad atm :)

Notice some reports linking Bayern with Nicolas N'Koulou of OM! Not sure if they carry any real substance but I think Barca were linked with him whilst Pep was in charge there!
Not a chance he is going Bayern' date=' they already are pretty full in the centre back position (Boateng, Dante, DVB, Badstuber, Kirchoff & Martinez if need be) and he would be nothing but a fringe player in such a quality team. I hold the opinion that if Bayern are looking for a centre back it should be a top top CB, otherwise it would be bad for players like N'Koulou to move there & also DvB would probably have to go but he has just signed a new deal apparently.[/quote']
I tend to agree that if Bayern were to buy a CB he would be an established world class player and I think it is the one area they could improve the current side! You would be mad to move Martinez back to CB (even though he is capable of playing that position) and I dont think either DVB or Boateng are top drawer but both are decent! Badstuber is going to be out for a very long period of time so them looking at CB's (maybe not N'Koulou' date=' likely paper/agent talk) doesnt suprise me at all![/quote']

Yes, there has been rumours about N'Koulou. I don't think it's gonna happen though.

I have to disagree with 123ABC though, we are everything but pretty full at CB. Badstuber is injured for ages, torn his ACL twice now, not gonna be back this year and I have no idea when he is scheduled to return next and in what shape he will be.

We really only have Dante and Boateng. Boateng improved this season but imo should be more like the 1st rotation CB.

van Buyten has signed a one-year contract and has performed well when played this season but he is very old now and sometimes injured as well.

Kirchhoff is a complete unknown. Who knows how he turns out. Hasn't even played for Mainz a lot this season, no European experience.

As standfree has pointed it out, I doubt JM will play at CB. Makes no sense, especially as we are rather thin in midfield as well. More likely to have Luiz Gustavo play CB. Playing JM there would be a bad move, way too dominant and vital for us in midfield.

So right now we have 2 fit CB with international format in Dante / Boateng. Add to that that we have had heaps of games this season in all competitions and will likely to be the same next, then you got the Confed Cup now for guys like Dante etc. so really no break whatsoever.

Of course I'd prefer a top CB but who is a top CB these days? There aren't that many of those out there and especially, those few aren't available.

So I'd be happy with a player like N'Koulou. Still young (23) with lots of potential. However, already experienced, plays for a very good team in France, experience in CL and EL too, 37 caps for Cameroon already etc. so he has somewhat moved beyond being a "talent".

Nevertheless, don't think we'd go for him. Wouldn't really fit our philosophy buying a random defender from Cameroon playing in France.

After already having signed Rausch' date=' Schwaab, Sararer and Rojas, it's almost certain that Stuttgart will sign Mo Abdellaoue of H96 and Leitner (on a 2-year-loan-deal) of Dortmund.

This will help making the squad stronger - something that has been a problem this season.[/quote']

You are definitely improving your depth, something that killed you this season. Leitner is a move I don't understand at all. 2-year loan with no option to buy. Where is the sense in that? You are too big a club to develop the players for Dortmund. He will play for you for 2 years, take away game time from your own players and then just goes back and you have made neither profit nor has he immensely improved your squad.

But good sign Fredi does a lot of business early.

You are definitely improving your depth' date=' something that killed you this season. Leitner is a move I don't understand at all. 2-year loan with no option to buy. Where is the sense in that? You are too big a club to develop the players for Dortmund.[/quote']

For sure it can be seen like that (and it is seen like that by many Stuttgart fans). However I'm not too worried. As I'm not too convinced by Leitner so far, I would be worried if we would have bought him already for some millions.

Still I'm happy that he'll join us because as you said: The depth is important.

A buying clause for sure would be nice. But why would Dortmund want to do this.

In the end we will get a young player with huge potential for 2 years quite cheap. This has helped us once already when a young Munich player joined us ~10 years ago.

He will play for you for 2 years' date=' take away game time from your own players[/quote']

If the own players are good enough then they also will get playing time with Leitner in the squad. It would be far worse (after the last season) to observe that again the squad is too weak (as own young players like Khedira aren't good enough already).

and then just goes back and you have made neither profit nor has he immensely improved your squad.

This would actually be the worst case. I can imagine the following scenarios:

1. Leitner will flop at Stuttgart
  2. Leitner will play solid but not too impressive
  3. Leitner will play outstanding

In case 1, we wouldn't be interested in buying him after the loan anyway.

In case 2, we may be interested in him but Dortmund also could imagine selling him (as he wouldn't make it in their squad) - just like Petersen at Werder.

In case 3, we will lose a good player which we have trained for Dortmund. But after all he helped us for 2 years.