Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

This would actually be the worst case. I can imagine the following scenarios:

1. Leitner will flop at Stuttgart
  2. Leitner will play solid but not too impressive
  3. Leitner will play outstanding

In case 1' date=' we wouldn't be interested in buying him after the loan anyway.

In case 2, we may be interested in him but Dortmund also could imagine selling him (as he wouldn't make it in their squad) - just like Petersen at Werder.

In case 3, we will lose a good player which we have trained for Dortmund. But after all he helped us for 2 years.[/quote']

Fair enough mate. I hope he doesn't take any game time from Maxim.

Still think you need one more good strong defensive midfielder and then you are set for the new season.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Hi MSM can you tell me if you think Kostas Fortounis and Ariel Borysiuk of Kaiserslautern are worth buying? what do you think his future rating could be?

Also Same question regarding Vegar Hedenstad of Freiburg.

Cheers.

Kaiserslautern lost the promotion/relegation play-off against Hoffenheim so will play another season in 2. Bundesliga which obv isn't helping rating-wise so they won't make massive jumps (don't know their current rating by heart though).

Fortounis is a young player who has already played quite a few games in 1. Bundesliga for Kaiserslautern last season and also has a few caps for Greece.

Hasn't exactly improved as a player this season though in 2. Bundesliga.

Baumjohann left Kaiserslautern for Hertha so there might be a bit more playing time available next season in midfield.

Borysiuk is a young Pole, already with a few caps as well. Starting XI DM for Kaiserslautern and will stay that as well I imagine.

Hedenstad is a young RB and Freiburg are very well known for not only developing talent but also playing them regularly. However, "old" (29) Mujdza has been Nr.1 RB for Freiburg this season and I can't tell you if that changes next season. Obv depends on the performances in pre-season and training camp for those 2 but Mujdza's experience and consistent performances are valued by the Freiburg supporters (and coaching team I reckon) though so there aren't calls for Hedenstad to take over that position. However, Hedenstad does have potential and will get his chance sooner or later at a youth-focused team like Freiburg.

Stuttgart manager Bobic is doing a good job currently in my opinion.

After already having signed Rausch' date=' Schwaab, Sararer and Rojas, it's almost certain that Stuttgart will sign Mo Abdellaoue of H96 and Leitner (on a 2-year-loan-deal) of Dortmund.

This will help making the squad stronger - something that has been a problem this season.[/quote']

Some very impressive signings there.

Haven't really had the time to follow the Bundesliga as closely as id of liked to have this season but certainly going to keep a keen eye on it next season.

I'm quite looking forward to seeing Ginczek at Nurnburg and how Freiburg recover after losing Makiadi, Flum, Kruse and Caligiuri.

with Stuttgart adding experience, i guess the younger players will get pushed out?

Particularly Antonio Rudgier, ive been following him last 2-3 seasons come up through the ranks, will he still be involved in the 1st XI?

Fortounis & Borysiuk id say are decent buys, but what id term as 'slow burners' will keep rising but slowly...in the NTs consistently so a high enough calibre already at a young age. I guess they both need a season or so solid football playing week in week out and the careers will go from there, prehaps at another club. I think FCK paid a bit for the pair of them tow so they wont want to flit that away.

Final ramble, i came across a report linking Furths Albanian CB MAVRAJ with Lazio - they want to have the NT pairing next season. The report was from Albaniam, so seeing if any news from Germany on this?

;2614699']Final ramble' date=' i came across a report linking Furths Albanian CB MAVRAJ with Lazio - they want to have the NT pairing next season. The report was from Albaniam, so seeing if any news from Germany on this?[/quote']

This article was posted an hour ago on Football-Italia.

Seems he was too hasty in posting the transfer news on his facebook and had to take it back to wait for the official transfer to be made first. Lazio already have 2 Albanian players, and are a big step from Fürth. Will probably happen in a few days.

No chance he will be downgrading thats for sure' date=' United/Real/Barce if not Bayern. But I think he will go to Bayern anyways

:)[/color']

All it takes is a meeting with Mourinho he will turn him right away lol. Watzke and Co would be very pleased with all those Russian dollars for sure.

Second U21 group match for Germany against the Champions in title Spain, now with Volland and Clemens starting instead of Lasogga and Mlapa.

From what I see, it seems Holtby is playing deeper this time making it more of a 4 5 1 to batlle Spain's three pure CMs so he will be picking up Illaramendi the entire game instead of pressing the CB's directly like against Holland.

Or he will not go anywhere in this summer.He will stay till 2014 and leave as a free agent.

OR may be Dortmund are hoping to make some big signings in the summer transfer market and have a good start to the new season, that Lewa would tempted to sign an extension before winter.

OR may be Dortmund are hoping to make some big signings in the summer transfer market and have a good start to the new season' date=' that Lewa would tempted to sign an extension before winter.[/quote']

Lewa stated by too many times that he wants to leave..No chance that he will sign a new contract

OR may be Dortmund are hoping to make some big signings in the summer transfer market and have a good start to the new season' date=' that Lewa would tempted to sign an extension before winter.[/quote']

There is no point in taking that risk, it could cost them too much & they arent in a position to do that. They should sell now for a decent amount or risk losing him in January where he will be able to agree a deal with other clubs.

Lewa stated by too many times that he wants to leave..No chance that he will sign a new contract
There is no point in taking that risk' date=' it could cost them too much & they arent in a position to do that. They should sell now for a decent amount or risk losing him in January where he will be able to agree a deal with other clubs.[/quote']

I watch the Bundesliga constantly but I don't follow closely the news. If he is angry at the club/manager/players and do not want to stay, then is it wise to let him go now (even to Bayern). But if he is happy in his relations with the club/manager/players and just wants to squeeze all the money he can get to raise his wages, then it is a risk Dortmund can take until next winter.

He doesn't want a new contract at Dortmund. They have offered him a few contract extensions already with lots more money and he rejected them all.

He wants out.

Dortmund wanna flex the muscles and show Bayern that they can't do what they want with them and just buy their players but ultimately are only going to hurt their own finances.

As long as it's unknown how much Bayern have offered for Lewandowski I wouldn't dare to call it unwise from Dortmund not to sell him. Especially considering that Lewandowski currently only costs ~1.5M € wages / season. If Dortmund want to replace him equally then these wages would be easily 4-5M € higher each season. Meaning if Bayern would have offered 20M they basically would only have 15M left to buy a replacement - certainly not enough. And so I think that it's more useful for Dortmund to have a player like Lewandowski helping in getting good results in the Bundesliga and the CL again.

For sure it's also a bit of muscle flexing which is totally normal IMO. It would be fatal to lose 2 of the best players in one season to the biggest national rival.

It's surely interesting how this will develop further. I've read that Gomez wants to move anyway and if he does, then it will be interesting to see whether Bayern will wait 1 year for Lewandowski or if they will buy someone else.

As long as it's unknown how much Bayern have offered for Lewandowski I wouldn't dare to call it unwise from Dortmund not to sell him. Especially considering that Lewandowski currently only costs ~1.5M € wages / season. If Dortmund want to replace him equally then these wages would be easily 4-5M € higher each season. Meaning if Bayern would have offered 20M they basically would only have 15M left to buy a replacement - certainly not enough. And so I think that it's more useful for Dortmund to have a player like Lewandowski helping in getting good results in the Bundesliga and the CL again.

For sure it's also a bit of muscle flexing which is totally normal IMO. It would be fatal to lose 2 of the best players in one season to the biggest national rival.

It's surely interesting how this will develop further. I've read that Gomez wants to move anyway and if he does' date=' then it will be interesting to see whether Bayern will wait 1 year for Lewandowski or if they will buy someone else.[/quote']

We haven't offered anything, that's no secret mate. We haven't handed in a bid. They didn't reject a bid, they had none from us.

I think there is two options here:

Option 1: Dortmund accepts a normal bid for Bayern when it eventually comes in (20m, not 25 or 30m, ridiculous). They get the money, don't have trouble with his agents anymore, save themselves potential trouble within in the team by your best player being unhappy and not wanting to be there.

But they need to buy a striker or two this summer.

Option 2: They don't sell to Bayern. Lewa moves to Bayern for free in 2014. There is no financial damage for Lewandowski or his agents. He'll just get 8m or so sign-on fee (Handgeld) or whatever so 2 or 3 go to his agents and the rest goes to him to top-up that low wage he is getting next season then by staying at Dortmund.

Dortmund gets no money, have a world class striker for another season who however does not want to be there at all anymore and has dubious agents and they have the same problem next season that they need to find a striker