Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Pep takes charge of Bayern for the first time tommorow V Bresica in a friendly. Kick off 5.30pm BST. Avaliable on the streaming sites. Will be exciting to see how they follow last season's amazing treble.

lol?They already played a few friendly games pal?

lol?They already played a few friendly games pal?

Believe it or not mate, the 2nd division Bundesliga 2 starts a week on Friday (can't wait), and the Regionaliga (4th division) this Friday in certain locations (as it is split up into regions) so lots of German teams are playing friendlies.

Dortmund played today for instance and won 3-0.

I'll keep you posted on games via a thread I started (see my sig). Get it spreading, lol!

Believe it or not mate' date=' the 2nd division Bundesliga 2 starts a week on Friday (can't wait), and the Regionaliga (4th division) this Friday in certain locations (as it is split up into regions) so lots of German teams are playing friendlies.

Dortmund played today for instance and won 3-0.

I'll keep you posted on games via a thread I started (see my sig). Get it spreading, lol![/quote']

What the hell you on about?:confused::confused:

Bayern already played a few friendly games under Pep

Pep takes charge of Bayern for the first time tommorow V Bresica in a friendly. Kick off 5.30pm BST. Avaliable on the streaming sites. Will be exciting to see how they follow last season's amazing treble.
Just looked it up. They've played 1 under Pep and won 9-1 V TSV Regen' date=' so Bresica is his 2nd game in charge.[/quote']

I always fear for it when you post in the Bundesliga threads.

They have played 3 friendlies already.

Don't worry, you'll get one right eventually ;):P

Don't worry' date=' you'll get one right eventually ;):P[/quote']

i know they have played one game v the Bayern fan club or something like that...i remember seeing it on the news feeds as they conceded a goal :D

Don't worry' date=' you'll get one right eventually ;):P[/quote']

I forgot to add their pre season cup games, so yes, 3 in total.

Mind you, I'd hardly class a pre season game V a fanclub 11 as a "friendly". And they probably let that goal in on purpose to make their day memorable. Likewise the Paualner X1 game, who are the clubs main beer supplier. Just a kick about against their heroes and a "thanks for the support" gesture.

TSV Regen are an official club in the German East District league, so I'd count that as their first "official" friendly, even though there was a massive difference in class, with Regen being amateurs. Bresica being in Serie B is their first serious test imo.

Poor Toni Kroos' date=' after the season he just had pre injury, he'll "just" become squad player :o[/quote']

I hope not - I think he's a fantastic player!

Surely it'll be 4-2-3-1?

Neuer

Lahm - Dante - Martinez - Alaba

Schwein - Thiago

Robben - Kroos - Ribery

Muller

?

Moving Martinez back to CB will be huge crime for me. He's so excellent in his role last season. Not to counting Kroos also can play exactly same position like Thiago. I'd rather see Bayern buy another excellent CB to be a partner with Dante if they want to strengthen their squad

I hope not - I think he's a fantastic player!

Surely it'll be 4-2-3-1?

Neuer

Lahm - Dante - Martinez - Alaba

Schwein - Thiago

Robben - Kroos - Ribery

Muller

?

Well, haven't really followed Bayern's pre-season but I'm pretty sure it will not be 4-2-3-1... Whether it's a regular 4 men defence (2 fullbacks 2 CB's) or more of a 3 defenders; Guardiola always plays the pivotal midfielder in front of the CB's... So no more 2 DM's in front of the defence like in the 4-2-3-1...

And what better player than Martinez to play that role??

How is that possible ?:confused:

Might have to do something with the fact that Robben's operating range is a lot closer to the opponent's penalty area, while Xavi as a CM naturally can be found anywhere between the 2 boxes. A totally useless stat if you ask me looking the players' positions and roles.

Might have to do something with the fact that Robben's operating range is a lot closer to the opponent's penalty area' date=' while Xavi as a CM naturally can be found anywhere between the 2 boxes. A totally useless stat if you ask me looking the players' positions and roles.[/quote']

Jesus Christ, can't take that any more serious than you did.

I am perfectly aware of Robben and his shortcomings. It was tongue-in-cheek hence the ;)

Apart from that though, I am not sold on the operating range being that much different. Due to Barca's / Spain's crazy possession Xavi is quite up front as well and most certainly not a box-to-box player. He just prefers to pass 2m sideways.