Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

You are totally off 123ABC. The loss had zero to do with defense and I haven't seen a Dortmund fan yet saying so either tbf.

Phil is spot on really. Dortmund lost because of their offense. So many chances. If they go up one nil after 3 minutes the game takes a different turn. And even afterwards they should have scored' date=' reus had two big opportunities for example. They onl conceded cuz they had to open up.

Overall I wouldn't have complained about a draw. As so often this season Dortmund lost because of their poor finishing. We weren't 3 goals better. No doubt. On a different day we lose that match.

Neuer was superb with that one save. Got a tad lucky with that shot neither he nor lewa touched in the second half.

Alaba was awesome. Missed his partner in ribery and it showed in offense. But think he threw himself into 3 shots in the first half as last man.

Boating somewhere between genius and madness. Great clearance against reus in the second half but some dodgy defending in the first.

Robbed phenomenal in the end although rather quiet for most part of the match. Like most others tbh.

Dortmund defense stood steady. Offense was shocking. Mkhitaryan has been poor for a while now, Lewa didn't have his best day, Reus was poor, needs to score at least on and Kuba wasn't much better.

Where is raz btw? No show as expected cuz his lover with yet another poor performance?[/quote']

He's been poor in your imagination,which isn't too creative either.Anyway,Borussia looked good as a team.Miki been alright,everybody been alright bar Friedrich who had a nightmare.

Haven't seen him since the Arsenal loss.
Haven't seen him since the Arsenal loss.

That's because you barely watched him.Probably the only player from BvB who was on the pitch against Wolfsburg.

Anyway...

Bayern's lads were only 'quiet',whereas BvB lads were poor.Thats what I love at some of you :P.Muller was so 'quiet' all the night,though he wasn't 'poor'.

Reus been below his usual level,but he's been alright.Missed a few chances,been a threat to Bayern's defence but he needs support.Anyway,'another poor performance' is just what you expect from Mia.The fact that he's always lively in the game,instead of going invisible like Robben or Muller must hurt a bit.

Anyway,my last post on this because I see it as a waste of time.Go and say that Reus is mediocre,go and say that Lewa is mediocre but not anymore as he joins Bayern....

Think your sig simply proves what we can expect from you.

That's because you barely watched him.Probably the only player from BvB who was on the pitch against Wolfsburg.

Anyway...

Bayern's lads were only 'quiet'' date='whereas BvB lads were poor.Thats what I love at some of you :P.Muller was so 'quiet' all the night,though he wasn't 'poor'.

Reus been below his usual level,but he's been alright.Missed a few chances,been a threat to Bayern's defence but he needs support.Anyway,'another poor performance' is just what you expect from Mia.The fact that he's always lively in the game,instead of going invisible like Robben or Muller must hurt a bit.

Anyway,my last post on this because I see it as a waste of time.Go and say that Reus is mediocre,go and say that Lewa is mediocre but not anymore as he joins Bayern....

Think your sig simply proves what we can expect from you.[/quote']

I meant you, you fool :P

In the 1st half i thought that Dortmund would have won it...

You might have suspected BVB would have a tough time today, Zlooky.

Their defensive sector is significantly affected by injuries atm.

Against a top team, like Bayern, you should have your best players, if you hope to win.

Nevertheless, when a newcomer in the squad (Friedrich) has to play, you know BVB is struggling with injury problems, right now.

I hope BVB gets back on the right track soon, though!:)

Bayern's lads were only 'quiet'' date='whereas BvB lads were poor.Thats what I love at some of you :P.Muller was so 'quiet' all the night,though he wasn't 'poor'.

Reus been below his usual level,but he's been alright.Missed a few chances,been a threat to Bayern's defence but he needs support.Anyway,'another poor performance' is just what you expect from Mia.The fact that he's always lively in the game,instead of going invisible like Robben or Muller must hurt a bit[/quote']

I guess I'd rather have an "invisible" Robben who scored a beautiful chip or an "invisible" Müller who scored a goal and provided an assist than a "lively" Reus who wasted chance after chance. :)

Don't hurt too much darling.

What happened to Dortmund? Didn't watch the game but were Dortmund that bad or Bayern to good?

Read back a bit mate. Phil gave a good summary. A game at eye level for 70 minutes before Dortmund opens up and concedes the second and third.

Bayern just too strong for Dortmund. Excellent touch and finish from Gotze.

Wonder if Freidrich pays against Napoli then Gunter is given a chance if theres no "huge" games for a while?

Away from the top two, seen a few spurious twitter links saying that Man United have turned their attention from Gundogan to Christoph Kramer. Also a few twitter people saying Kramer should get a look in as the 6 for Germany if he continues his fine form, with Khedira out etc. Kramer is someone i've been banging on about for a while now, he is an absolute machine.

I think it is beyond belief that anybody thinks Dortmund not having there entire first choice back four out is a highly contributory factor. It immediately weakens them the replacements are of a much lower quality and the strength of player they can bring in is far inferior to Bayern for example.

The whole structure of a side is dictated by having a solid back four and the basis for any side comes from that point.

The game went as expected TBH, you expect Dortmund to be competitive but in the end the extra class will tell. Yes Bayern don't have Ribery and Schweinsteiger but in comparison to what Dortmund were missing along with Gundogan I think it was always going to be difficult for them. The replacements Bayern can bring in for the missing players are all world class, in Dortmund's case if they miss a few players it is going to have a bigger effect.

Reus has been Dissapointing in every game I have seen of him this season (probably about 7-8 in all comps) not sure if I have just caught him at the wrong time but he has been an invisible figure in most of the games I see.

Bayern just roll on but not really unexpected, they are just far to strong for anybody in the Bundesliga and was always going to be a one horse race. Great for Bayern fans not so good if you want a competitive close Title race.

I don't get the point about Dortmund "having to open up" no they don't not in the slightest, in games like that the main thing is to make sure you don't lose it, you try to win but you don't expose yourself with a team as clinical as Bayern. Draw and you stay in touch (well relatively) lose and it is basically all over.

I guess I'd rather have an "invisible" Robben who scored a beautiful chip or an "invisible" Müller who scored a goal and provided an assist than a "lively" Reus who wasted chance after chance. :)

Don't hurt too much darling.

Read back a bit mate. Phil gave a good summary. A game at eye level for 70 minutes before Dortmund opens up and concedes the second and third.

You said it yourself.Robben been invisible untill the end of the game.Muller been absolutely garbage.He scored an easy goal but that doesn't take away the fact that he's been absolutely invisible.Haven't seen him touching a ball all the 90 minutes.

I think it is beyond belief that anybody thinks Dortmund not having there entire first choice back four out is a highly contributory factor. It immediately weakens them the replacements are of a much lower quality and the strength of player they can bring in is far inferior to Bayern for example.

The whole structure of a side is dictated by having a solid back four and the basis for any side comes from that point.

The game went as expected TBH' date=' you expect Dortmund to be competitive but in the end the extra class will tell. Yes Bayern don't have Ribery and Schweinsteiger but in comparison to what Dortmund were missing along with Gundogan I think it was always going to be difficult for them. The replacements Bayern can bring in for the missing players are all world class, in Dortmund's case if they miss a few players it is going to have a bigger effect.

Reus has been Dissapointing in every game I have seen of him this season (probably about 7-8 in all comps) not sure if I have just caught him at the wrong time but he has been an invisible figure in most of the games I see.

Bayern just roll on but not really unexpected, they are just far to strong for anybody in the Bundesliga and was always going to be a one horse race. Great for Bayern fans not so good if you want a competitive close Title race.

I don't get the point about Dortmund "having to open up" no they don't not in the slightest, in games like that the main thing is to make sure you don't lose it, you try to win but you don't expose yourself with a team as clinical as Bayern. Draw and you stay in touch (well relatively) lose and it is basically all over.[/quote']

You barely watched Reus then.He had a few bad games,like every player does,but he never ever had 7-8 bad games.Not even close.Anyway,if you would really watch the games sometimes you'd see that he's somtimes on his own upfront like he was in last night.BvB mostly defended and tried on counters,obviously and he was caught by many times on his own upfront.He's been more than alright last night,creating and being at the end of some actions though he couldn't score because of Neuer.He's had 2 bad games against Arsenal,but who wasn't poor in that games?All 22 players were garbage.In rest,I can't remember a bad game from him.The game against England probably and thats all.In 18 starts for BvB in all comp he has 10 goals,9 assists.The fact that we don't have a playmaker and Reus has to create aswell makes it even harder.He has to defend,do his job as a winger,score and create.For example,Reus created 91 chances,wheras Ribery only created 76.He's more than a pure winger like Franck.He offers a lot to the team.

Anyway,Reus is mediocre so don't expect a lot from him :).The only world class players in the league are playing for Bayern,though they are invisible for most of the game.

Shouldn't have posted again but nevermind.

Bayern just too strong for Dortmund.

Even if the result might indicate this I don't think it's true. Though I just watched the first half (and saw the rest of the game in the highlights) I can really say (as a quite unbiased person) that I was actually disappointed with Munichs performance in the first half. Though playing in Dortmund I expected Munich to attack soon considering that Dortmund's weakness seemed to be the defence with 4 regulars missing. However Bayern once again appeared to be idealess and Dortmund played really well sometimes with fast attacks. Either Lewandowski or Reus had to score in the first half and the match might have been completely different.

Away from the top two' date=' seen a few spurious twitter links saying that Man United have turned their attention from Gundogan to Christoph Kramer. Also a few twitter people saying Kramer should get a look in as the 6 for Germany if he continues his fine form, with Khedira out etc.[/quote']

Kramer into the national team as replacement for Khedira? Really? I mean - come on - it's one of the best national teams we are talking about. 13 decent matches in the first Bundesliga might have been enough in 2006 to become part of the national team. But nowadays some decent matches shouldn't be enough anymore. Especially on a position where we have actually enough good players. I certainly regret Khedira being injured. But maybe this is once again the little push Löw needs to change something in his tactics. I never was a fan of Khedira's offensive role in the national team. I rather prefer a holding midfielder that secures the defence instead of a "box-to-box" player whose attacking skills aren't too profitable at all.

My point was they were too strong on the night.

Losing 3-0 at home sort of proves that.

Kramer talk is just that, Kramer covers distance, harries players, wins ball back, good passer, only 22, plenty of time for him yet.

Your talk of a midfielder who protects the defence actually applies to Kramer.

You said it yourself.Robben been invisible untill the end of the game.Muller been absolutely garbage.He scored an easy goal but that doesn't take away the fact that he's been absolutely invisible.Haven't seen him touching a ball all the 90 minutes.

You barely watched Reus then.He had a few bad games' date='like every player does,but he never ever had 7-8 bad games.Not even close.Anyway,if you would really watch the games sometimes you'd see that he's somtimes on his own upfront like he was in last night.BvB mostly defended and tried on counters,obviously and he was caught by many times on his own upfront.He's been more than alright last night,creating and being at the end of some actions though he couldn't score because of Neuer.He's had 2 bad games against Arsenal,but who wasn't poor in that games?All 22 players were garbage.In rest,I can't remember a bad game from him.The game against England probably and thats all.In 18 starts for BvB in all comp he has 10 goals,9 assists.The fact that we don't have a playmaker and Reus has to create aswell makes it even harder.He has to defend,do his job as a winger,score and create.For example,Reus created 91 chances,wheras Ribery only created 76.He's more than a pure winger like Franck.He offers a lot to the team.

Anyway,Reus is mediocre so don't expect a lot from him :).The only world class players in the league are playing for Bayern,though they are invisible for most of the game.

Shouldn't have posted again but nevermind.[/quote']

Raz you really have to stop being so defensive....

In the games I have seen him play this season by and large he has been poor sorry but he has, if you disagree fine entitled to your opinion,

I don't get the point about Dortmund "having to open up" no they don't not in the slightest' date=' in games like that the main thing is to make sure you don't lose it, you try to win but you don't expose yourself with a team as clinical as Bayern. Draw and you stay in touch (well relatively) lose and it is basically all over.[/quote']

You didn't quite get what we were saying. They opened up after they conceded, not before. They were solid in defense until then. They didn't play attacking from the get-go.

Kramer into the national team as replacement for Khedira? Really? I mean - come on - it's one of the best national teams we are talking about. 13 decent matches in the first Bundesliga might have been enough in 2006 to become part of the national team. But nowadays some decent matches shouldn't be enough anymore. Especially on a position where we have actually enough good players. I certainly regret Khedira being injured. But maybe this is once again the little push Löw needs to change something in his tactics. I never was a fan of Khedira's offensive role in the national team. I rather prefer a holding midfielder that secures the defence instead of a "box-to-box" player whose attacking skills aren't too profitable at all.

These days 2 years of brilliance isn't being enough if Löw doesn't like you.

I agree with your last part regarding Khedira running forward but we don't have a great defensive midfielder. As long as you are in sync with the other def mid (Schweini), it's ok anyway.

Khedira been our best player at the EURO tbh and even though he hasn't always been great since then, he is by far better than what else is on offer.

You didn't quite get what we were saying. They opened up after they conceded' date=' not before. They were solid in defense until then. They didn't play attacking from the get-go.

These days 2 years of brilliance isn't being enough if Löw doesn't like you.

I agree with your last part regarding Khedira running forward but we don't have a great defensive midfielder. As long as you are in sync with the other def mid (Schweini), it's ok anyway.

Khedira been our best player at the EURO tbh and even though he hasn't always been great since then, [b']he is by far better than what else is on offer.[/b]

What about Lars Bender, Gundogan etc? They not good enough or not the right type of the players?

Something I've just been thinking about, Leo Bittencourt was signed for Hannover, started the first few games, to me he still looks a bit raw and would benefit from continuous game time. So surely Slomko would be better off loaning him to a 2nd BuLi team like Hamburg did with Calhanoglu, so he gets first team football week in week out and develops more?

The lad has talent, its not hard to see, but he needs to further his development.

Something I've just been thinking about' date=' Leo Bittencourt was signed for Hannover, started the first few games, to me he still looks a bit raw and would benefit from continuous game time. So surely Slomko would be better off loaning him to a 2nd BuLi team like Hamburg did with Calhanoglu, so he gets first team football week in week out and develops more?

The lad has talent, its not hard to see, but he needs to further his development.[/quote']

Maybe because Hannover is only going downhill?They have so many problems.There are so many conflicts inside the club.Look at Franca,the lad who was brought over Slomka's head.In this competitional break should've been a friendly game with Braunschweig which was arranged especially for Franca.He was apparently injured and they canceled it.Later,a H96 fan talked to Franca on Facebook(I think) and he asked him why he hasn't played in the first friendly(They arranged 2 friendlies,1 against a side which I forgot and one against Braunschweig which was canceled because he was 'injuried') and he said to ask SLomka about that.When Slomka was asked about this,he went mad and say that the doctors didnt gave him the permission to play.This Franca was brought after they seen him on a DVD,he should've been 1,90+ but he's 1,82 or something like that.

Also,recently an employer has stealed 25,000 euros after he changed some numbers in the play bills.