timesle

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

Who's most likely to get the Bayern job now Van Gaal is leaving at the end of the season?.

The current "top names" are Matthias Sammer and Jupp Heynckes. The reason why van Gaal will stay till the end of the season IMO is, because Bayern couldn't find a good available coach to replace him.

Loads of name been thrown about just did a quick search and it brought up names like Martin Jol Frank Rijkaard Ottmar Hitzfeld Lother Matthaus and so on. Can you imagine if Jurgen Klopp was appointed very unlikely but it would be insane if he did. I personally would like to see Jupp Heynckes get it.

Loads of name been thrown about just did a quick search and it brought up names like Martin Jol Frank Rijkaard Ottmar Hitzfeld Lother Matthaus and so on. Can you imagine if Jurgen Klopp was appointed very unlikely but it would be insane if he did. I personally would like to see Jupp Heynckes get it.

I really can't see Klopp going to Munich after this season. As you said: It would be insane and I also don't see Klopp as a coach who would move just to get more cash.

It would be sad for Leverkusen if Heynckes would be the one. He has built up a nice team at Leverkusen.

But of the names you mentioned the only one I really can't imagine this one

Lother Matthaus

He is neither a good enough coach nor has he the right standing at Munich. Hoeness once said:

Aber so lange ich und der Kalle Rummenigge etwas zu sagen haben' date=' wird der nicht mal Greenkeeper im neuen Stadion.

[As long as Rummenigge and me are in charge here, Matthäus won't even be the greenkeeper in the new stadium'].

:D

Remembering Klopp, I little bit interested, I read somewhere if Joachim Low not prolong his contract with DFB after next year Euro, it's true DFB projected Klopp or Mainz coach(forgot his name) as their new NT coach ?

Both managers have faith in youth players, that's why I found this news is reasonable.

Riferimento: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

About 2 weeks ago i read a post of someone saying that Robben is overrated on SM and that he should have dropped at this changes.

Ive had a laugh back then, and im having it even more now after his hat-trick against Hamburger, not the easiest of opponents.

He is just outstaning, a real footballer, and if it wasnt for his crystal feet, hed be up there with Villa and Eto'o rating-wise.

Inter will need a miracle to beat Bayern, and the german team has a double advantage, the 1-0 they got at San Siro, and the fact they are playing at their home stadium.

Anybody have an idea how Diego is currently performing at Wolfburg? Just picked him up in a set up and hoping his rating doesnt keep dropping :o

I would say maybe he is very danger in dropping again, current league table and individual player performance not help at all for Diego, very dissapointing season for Bremen.

Re: Riferimento: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

About 2 weeks ago i read a post of someone saying that Robben is overrated on SM and that he should have dropped at this changes.

His calibre is certainly worthy of 94/95, though his tendency to spend half of the season in the doctor's room isn't. ;)

Understandable why people wanted him to drop.

So thats what happened I was the game up until 4 minutes to go then checked livescores to see if they got another and it said suspended so does that mean it will be replayed if so that's a joke. :mad:

... so does that mean it will be replayed if so that's a joke. :mad:

I can't see it being replayed. The plastic cup obviously was thrown by Pauli fans so either there will be an armchair decision about Schalke winning the match 3:0 and Pauli will get a steep fine or - as the match almost was over - the result will be 2:0 for Schalke and Pauli still will get a fine. Maybe they will even get a point deduction if the DFB want to use them as a warning.

I'm kind of sad about this. Last (and only) time that a match in the Bundesliga was suspended due to a thrown thing before was in 1976 (when Kaiserslautern played against Düsseldorf).

Bayern are back in the CL spots finally.

Though there performance against Gladbach wasn't CL-like. :D

But neither was Hannovers' performance against Dortmund.

I have to say: The title (or CL) bout in the Bundesliga is very boring this season.

7 point difference between first and second' date=' 7 point difference between second and third. Bayern normally should be able to defend their third place with the quality they have.

The relegation battle is much more interesting.

Bremen, Köln, Lautern, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, St. Pauli and Wolfsburg are all involved.

Bremen should be able to avoid the relegation. They do have enough quality and they don't need much more points.

Stuttgart is playing still bad. Rarely creating chances. But due to luck and often due to very good performances of Ulreich, they still collecting points. Unbeaten for 5 matches now. Next week a very important game against Lautern.

With their new and old coach Magath, I think that Wolfsburg will also avoid the relegation. Tomorrow they will face Frankfurt at home.

[center']---------------------------------------------------------[/center]

I haven't done this for a long time now. Nevertheless it might be interesting again:

Top Goalscorers

19 goals:

Gomez, Cissé

16 goals:

Gekas (only 2 goals in the second half of the season)

13 goals:

Barrios

Top Assists Providers

15 assists:

Ribery (with only 20 games played)

13 assists:

Götze

10 assists:

Tiffert

Young Amini is rumoured to be close to signing for Dortmund. :D As he also apparently did not continue on to a trial at Newcastle United and could be back in Australia now or just flew back (shows that he likely impressed).

The guy with the red afro! ;) He'll be seen in the u20 WC and turns 18 soon.

Just to rekindle the discussion in this thread!

Werder Bremen Vs. Schalke 04

Very important game for either side, a win for Schalke 04 would see them rise up to 7th place above Hamburg, Freiberg and Hoffienhiem. Whilst a win for Bremen would see them rise above 1. FC Koln and FC Kaiserslautern to 11th place.

SV Werder Bremen Starting XI: Wiese, Fritz, Mertersacker, Pasanen, Silverstre, Frings, Borowski, Marin, Wagner, Wesley, Pizzaro

Schalke 04 Starting XI: Neuer, Papadopoulos, Uchida, Howedes, Metzelder, Avelar, Annan, Draxler, Charisteas, Raul, Farfan

This does look to be a promising fixture..... I hope! :)

Yeah finalyy ' date=' I think he deserve to be sacked , I think one of the reason's for the Bayern fail is that Kroos did not get enough confidence from this coach , Kroos is just an amazing player , he DESERVE to ba a main player not a sub. !

Just look to this video plz

Thx

Yeah finalyy ' date=' I think he deserve to be sacked , I think one of the reason's for the Bayern fail is that Kroos did not get enough confidence from this coach , Kroos is just an amazing player , he DESERVE to ba a main player not a sub. !

Just look to this video plz

Thx

Yeah, glad hes gone now! Out of respect, he constantly relied on the same players week in week out, mainly Gomez! Don't get me wrong Gomez Is a great player but Bayern has many other great strikers that are capable of causing problems for their opposition! But I think there are still going to be many departures from the squad!

Is there any transfer news on Subotic in Germany?

Not really. I heard a rumour about Tottenham bidding for him but

1. why should he move
  2. why should Dortmund sell him

IMO as long as no real big club like Real, Barcelona or Manchester United make a offer I can't see any of the young Dortmund talents leaving. This sounds a bit arrogant maybe but why should they leave Dortmund now and move e.g. to Tottenham? To play in EL next season when they have the chance to play with Dortmund in CL? Not really.

The only reason to leave would be the interest of a big club. Still Dortmund has no need to sell the player - but if the player decides that he rather wants to play (or to sit on the bench) for the big club, then I can't see them keeping the player against his will.

That said I believe we'll see the same Dortmund team playing in the CL next season. If they'll "struggle" in the Bundesliga then and won't reach the CL again, then I can see players like Sahin, Subotic or Hummels eventually leaving. But not after this season.

Not really. I heard a rumour about Tottenham bidding for him but

1. why should he move
  2. why should Dortmund sell him

IMO as long as no real big club like Real' date=' Barcelona or Manchester United make a offer I can't see any of the young Dortmund talents leaving. This sounds a bit arrogant maybe but why should they leave Dortmund now and move e.g. to Tottenham? To play in EL next season when they have the chance to play with Dortmund in CL? Not really.

The only reason to leave would be the interest of a big club. Still Dortmund has no need to sell the player - but if the player decides that he rather wants to play (or to sit on the bench) for the big club, then I can't see them keeping the player against his will.

That said I believe we'll see the same Dortmund team playing in the CL next season. If they'll "struggle" in the Bundesliga then and won't reach the CL again, then I can see players like Sahin, Subotic or Hummels eventually leaving. But not after this season.[/quote']

Nice one mate just curious as he has been linked with us for a few days now and i thought Dortmund=Champions League Spurs=Europa League. The only reason why he would want to play for us is Premier League football?

Nice one mate just curious as he has been linked with us for a few days now and i thought Dortmund=Champions League Spurs=Europa League. The only reason why he would want to play for us is Premier League football?

Indeed, that's the only reason currently. ;)

That and £100,000 per week wages;)