Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Meaning......?

How on Earth can anyone in Germany compete with Bayern when they can pick off the best players from other Bundesliga teams (Gotze, Lewandowski, potentially Draxler, etc.) and no other teams are allowed to invest? Dortmund managed it by getting very lucky (a few quality youth players coming through and a few signings turning out to be absolute class) but that happens very rarely.

How on Earth can anyone in Germany compete with Bayern when they can pick off the best players from other Bundesliga teams (Gotze' date=' Lewandowski, potentially Draxler, etc.) and no other teams are allowed to invest? Dortmund managed it by getting very lucky (a few quality youth players coming through and a few signings turning out to be absolute class) but that happens very rarely.[/quote']

Thats hardly luck pal.To get "A few" top talents to compete with Bayern?You call that luck?No,its called great management.Okay,I know you won't see something like that at City

How on Earth can anyone in Germany compete with Bayern when they can pick off the best players from other Bundesliga teams (Gotze' date=' Lewandowski, potentially Draxler, etc.) and no other teams are allowed to invest? Dortmund managed it by getting very lucky (a few quality youth players coming through and a few signings turning out to be absolute class) but that happens very rarely.[/quote']

I thought you were referring to clubs such as CITY ect which why i found your comment weird. :D

Thats hardly luck pal.To get "A few" top talents to compete with Bayern?You call that luck?No' date='its called great management.Okay,I know you won't see something like that at City[/quote']

In that case, why haven't you continued to find bargains who turn into top players since you hit the top of the table? Piszczek, Kagawa, Lewandowski and Gundogan were all great value, cheap signings but all were bought 3 or more years ago. Since then, you've not had the same kind of luck with cheap buys becoming superstars, hence a lot is luck and not all great management (which obviously plays some part).

At City we've bought a fair few bargains: Hart, Zabaleta and Kompany, for example.

My point is that, to have a chance of competing with Bayern, other Bundesliga sides have to rely on lots of quality youth developing and lots of quality, cheap signings all happening with a season or two. Takes a hell of a lot of luck to achieve that and FFP prevents the other way of competing - investment.

In that case' date=' why haven't you continued to find bargains who turn into top players since you hit the top of the table? Piszczek, Kagawa, Lewandowski and Gundogan were all great value, cheap signings but all were bought 3 or more years ago. Since then, you've not had the same kind of luck with cheap buys becoming superstars, hence a lot is luck and not all great management (which obviously plays some part).

At City we've bought a fair few bargains: Hart, Zabaleta and Kompany, for example.

My point is that, to have a chance of competing with Bayern, other Bundesliga sides have to rely on lots of quality youth developing and lots of quality, cheap signings all happening with a season or two. Takes a hell of a lot of luck to achieve that and FFP prevents the other way of competing - investment.[/quote']

Lewa and Kagawa were bargains.Gundogan was an amazing talent at Nuremberg aswell.Piszczek was a good RB who turned out to be an outstanding RB under Klopp.

No.ALmost every side in Bundesliga is on the green using their own founds.They don't have any sugar daddies so that FFP thing will not change anything in Germany.Maybe VW and Bayer will spend more for the teams they support now :)

It was incredibly lucky in the first place. I feel for Baumann there' date=' you lose tension there for a moment as you think the situation is over/cleared and when such a shot comes from nowhere you look like an idiot.[/quote']

Or we can just consider it a great goal :)

Had your Messi's Ron's Ibra's scored that goal everyone would be talking about what a great goal it was but just because it was Kehl who scored it' date=' it's a lucky goal. Oh well.[/quote']

I personally think it was a great goal however , i enjoyed Ronaldo header last night and Klass second against TSG more. Anyway no matter how good you are and whatever goal you score there's always a touch of luck involved one way or another but saying he didn't mean it is another story.

Absolutely class from Hunt.

Totally unrelated, how good is Süle? I could buy him in a competitive GW but i would have to pay 3.7m for him and he would only be worth 2.2m.

I already have a fair few defenders in my youth team with the likes of Rekik, Sarr, Gunter and Toljan.

Cash is also useful.

Absolutely class from Hunt.

Totally unrelated' date=' how good is Süle? I could buy him in a competitive GW but i would have to pay 3.7m for him and he would only be worth 2.2m.

I already have a fair few defenders in my youth team with the likes of Rekik, Sarr, Gunter and Toljan.

Cash is also useful.[/quote']

I'd rather have Süle than Toljan and Günther. He is the best of the players you mentioned at the moment.