Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Guest Scout Maker

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

No. Why? There has been a Marco Reich playing for Offenbach ~ 2 years ago.

---------------------------------------------

Aristide Bancé (former Mainz 05) moved to Al-Ahli Dubai.

Ah Ok, I was just asking as he used to play for my team Crystal Palace, wanted to see how he was doing.

Timo' date=' or some other knowledgeable fellow, what do you think Bayern's midfield and attack will look like? Mainly interested as to which of the strikers are likely to get games :)[/quote']

I'd Imagine they will be like this.

Kraft/Butt

Lahm Demichelis Badstuber Contento

Robben Schweinsteiger Van Bommel/Muller Ribery

Gomez Olic

I think Van Gaal will go with something like this if his full team was fit,he seems to go with a 4-4-2 system and I think Muller will play a big part and will start off on the right whilst Robben is injured,however when Robben is fit I can see Muller possibly playing in the centre with Schweinsteiger,Gomez will start with Olic I think but Klose will feature a lot more this season than he did last,a few of the places are up for grabs this year and they still badly need a centre back with Badstuber in my opinion.

Very nice seeing TSV 1860 München advancing to the next round. Truly, a legendary team and I can only just hope it will someday be back to it's former glory :)

Great thread, Timo, keep it up! When I'll get a chance, I'll try to contribute myself, but I'll definitely always have a read.

I'd Imagine they will be like this.

Kraft/Butt

Lahm Demichelis Badstuber Contento

Robben Schweinsteiger Van Bommel/Muller Ribery

Gomez Olic

I think Van Gaal will go with something like this if his full team was fit' date='he seems to go with a 4-4-2 system and I think Muller will play a big part and will start off on the right whilst Robben is injured,however when Robben is fit I can see Muller possibly playing in the centre with Schweinsteiger,Gomez will start with Olic I think but Klose will feature a lot more this season than he did last,a few of the places are up for grabs this year and they still badly need a centre back with Badstuber in my opinion.[/quote']

I have to disagree with you here. I have already posted my expected line-up above and of course I accept other views on this but in your line-up are too many things that most probably won't happen.

1. The formation
    van Gaal has played with a 4-2-3-1 in the second half of the past season very successful. And in the interviews of him I've heard so far he has pointed out pretty clear, that he will hold on to this system with only one real striker.
    And so far Olic might be first choice for this.
  2. Goalkeeper
    There is no reason why Butt should be displaced by Kraft. There has been even rumours about Butt renewing his contract for another year. Plus I don't think that Bayern will build up Kraft to be their first GK (like they did with Rensing) as they don't want to go a risk on this position in the nearer future.
  3. Müller's position
    Müller can play as a winger, an attacking midfielder or as a striker up front but he definitely won't play as a DM or CM. Currently I think Pranjic has the best cards to be the back-up for Schweini/van Bommel.

However you are right about Contento starting as a LB and about Bayern needing a CB though I think van Gaal will trust van Buyten and Badstuber.

Very nice seeing TSV 1860 München advancing to the next round. Truly' date=' a legendary team and I can only just hope it will someday be back to it's former glory :)

Great thread, Timo, keep it up! When I'll get a chance, I'll try to contribute myself, but I'll definitely always have a read.[/quote']

Thanks for the compliment. Honestly now a mod can close this thread because all I wanted was the appreciativeness by the best Lithuanian I know. :P

I also do like 1860 - maybe because I don't like the other Munich club that much. Yesterday I talked to Phil about 1860 and we noted that the 1860 manager wouldn't be a good soccermanager as he did deals like

Rukavina for S. Bender

Träsch for Bierofka

Selling L. Bender for cash

:D

---------------------------------

Edit: Something I forgot.

For the lovers of penalty shootouts. Bayern against Real last Friday.

-qjRWqHqJWk&feature=popular

If everyone's fit' date=' I think it may look like this:

[center']Olic/Müller

Ribery -- Kroos/Müller -- Robben

Schweinsteiger -- van Bommel[/center]

However I still can see Klose or Gomez displacing Olic up front.

The bold bit's the key bit for me :P What, for you would influence a change up top and how likely is such a change?

Thanks for the compliment. Honestly now a mod can close this thread because all I wanted was the appreciativeness by the best Lithuanian I know. :P

I also do like 1860 - maybe because I don't like the other Munich club that much. Yesterday I talked to Phil about 1860 and we noted that the 1860 manager wouldn't be a good soccermanager as he did deals like

Rukavina for S. Bender

Träsch for Bierofka

Selling L. Bender for cash

:D

Ha! That would make me very, very sad :(

Well, I'd say that TSV 1860 has been mismanaged for a while now and at least at this moment, I'm not too sure whether they'll come back to 1st Bundesliga any time soon. If not the rather great academy, I'm afraid this great club would've been way, way lower than it is now.

lol. Yeah, I was rather gutted when both Bender's left TSV 1860. Let's just hope he won't come to play SM any time soon ;)

The bold bit's the key bit for me :P What' date=' for you would influence a change up top and how likely is such a change?[/quote']

It mainly depends on Olic's form and if he stays injury free.

Olic will miss the cup match tomorrow due to a little injury and these are the chances for Gomez/Klose to show that they are more than backup players.

Klose will probably start tomorrow as he is very confident again after the WC.

Gomez on the other hand needs to play from the beginning as he has problems to come on after replacing someone. I never doubted his qualities as a striker but he will have massive problems at big clubs with this attitude. At Stuttgart he always was a starter - even after injuries. And there he showed his qualities.

[*]The formation

van Gaal has played with a 4-2-3-1 in the second half of the past season very successful. And in the interviews of him I've heard so far he has pointed out pretty clear' date=' that he will hold on to this system with only one real striker.

And so far Olic might be first choice for this.[/quote']

Yeah, I agree with you regarding the formation. It will be like last season when Bayern played a 4-4-2 according to the screen, but in reality they'll play a 4-2-3-1, like you said, with Robben, Ribery and Müller mainly focusing on the attack rather than the defence.

[*]Goalkeeper

There is no reason why Butt should be displaced by Kraft. There has been even rumours about Butt renewing his contract for another year. Plus I don't think that Bayern will build up Kraft to be their first GK (like they did with Rensing) as they don't want to go a risk on this position in the nearer future.

Kraft has been good whenever he has been playing this pre-season' date=' and I believe that with some playing-time against perhaps the smaller clubs of the league or if he gets loan out to some minor team in Bundesliga, he may not walk in Rensing's footsteps. The GK position is not 'trustworthy' at Bayern for the goalkeepers who comes from the academy thanks to Rensing, so I don't really think he'll be given a chance to my dissapointment.

[*]Müller's position

I think Pranjic has the best cards to be the back-up for Schweini/van Bommel.

I agree ~ Pranjic has been awesome when he plays in the centre of the midfield.

Some more results of the DFB-Pokal.

Yesterday

Hallescher FC 1 - 0 1. FC Union Berlin

Torgelower SV Greif 1 - 5 Hamburger SV

(RvN scored 3 goals.)

Preußen Münster 1 - 2 VfL Wolfsburg

(Dzeko scored an own goal.)

Kickers Offenbach 3 - 0 VfL Bochum

Today with the matches of Bayern and Schalke the first round will be completed. IMO both very interesting matches.

Germania Windeck - Bayern München

VfR Aalen - FC Schalke 04

---------------------------------------------------

According to Tuttosport online, Diego's move to Wolfsburg only depends on the transfer sum to be paid. Wolfsburg is offering 15M € and Juve wants 18M €. They also say that Dzeko already agreed to a move.

As the English community might already know, the Daily Mirror has reported about Schalke bidding 25M € for Robinho.

And according to Marca Real has bid 14M € for Özil after their first bid over 9M has been declared as inacceptable by Bremen's manager Klaus Allofs.

Torgelower SV Greif 1 - 5 Hamburger SV

(RvN scored 3 goals.)

Yeah' date=' I watched this game, and I got to say that it was shocking to see Elia play LB :D RvN scored on a free-kick aswell.

According to Tuttosport online, Diego's move to Wolfsburg only depends on the transfer sum to be paid. Wolfsburg is offering 15M € and Juve wants 18M €. They also say that Dzeko already agreed to a move.

Diego won't get sold in my opinion. Del Neri (new Juve coach) didn't have so much faith in him at the beginning of this summer, but as the summer went by, he believes more and more in Diego, and Diego has now been starting almost every game. I don't think they'll sell him, as it would be crazy to sell him now when the league almost starts and it's a very complicated role he has in the XI of Juventus.

As the English community might already know' date=' the Daily Mirror has reported about Schalke bidding 25M € for Robinho.[/quote']

:eek:

And according to Marca Real has bid 14M € for Özil after their first bid over 9M has been declared as inacceptable by Bremen's manager Klaus Allofs.

I heard about this aswell. Apparently when Özil got subbed of in the cup game, he heard about this and started to act like a child beacuse Allofs and Schaaf didn't want to sell him for that price. Anyway, I think he'll get sold TODAY. Bremen will compete in the CL qualifier tomorrow and it would be bad for Bremen if they play him then in case they want to sell him, as he'll get cup tied from CL.

Diego won't get sold in my opinion. Del Neri (new Juve coach) didn't have so much faith in him at the beginning of this summer' date=' but as the summer went by, he believes more and more in Diego, and Diego has now been starting almost every game. I don't think they'll sell him, as it would be crazy to sell him now when the league almost starts and it's a very complicated role he has in the XI of Juventus.

[/quote']

You might be right. I've read a few reports in the last few hours about the Juve officials now don't want to let go Diego because of the reasons you mentioned. We'll see.

Pfft :rolleyes:

The English are so funny these days! :D

I also doubt that this rumour is true.

1) Is Robinho still worth 25M

2) Though Schalke now sold a few players they still have high debts. So I can't see them investing all in 1 player

I heard about this aswell. Apparently when Özil got subbed of in the cup game' date=' he heard about this and started to act like a child beacuse Allofs and Schaaf didn't want to sell him for that price. Anyway, I think he'll get sold TODAY. Bremen will compete in the CL qualifier tomorrow and it would be bad for Bremen if they play him then in case they want to sell him, as he'll get cup tied from CL.[/quote']

Bremen are now demanding 30 Million Euro's from Madrid to make things harder, according to AS.

46131_440142603000_28585173000_5064397_2481217_n-e1282030430723.jpg

Mesut Oezil's father has confirmed a deal between Real Madrid and Werder Bremen, according to Turkish newspaper Hurriyet.

Mustafa Oezil declared that his son will be playing at the Bernabeu either this season or next.

"We promised that if Bremen keep Mesut for now, next year year he will join a free," Mr. Oezil said.

He also confirmed a better offer was on the table for the Werder star from Inter but theydecided to reject the offer in favour of Los Blancos.

"Mesut and I stayed at the chalet of Florentino Perez in Madrid, he invited us there and everything was resolved quickly. We were impressed by his willingness to help my child play for his club," said Mustapha Oezil.

He continued to say that Werder are reluctant to let their big stars leave this year but "our word is sacred."

Marca revealed that the deal between to the two parties was made shortly after the Bundesliga club had given the green light on a move to Inter, as on offer of almost €30m had been tabled by the Italian giants.

"My son has always said that the only club he wanted to go to was Real Madrid."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/08/17/2074321/mesut-oezils-father-reveals-deal-between-werder-bremen-and

Yeah' date=' I read about it aswell, but what me makes wonder is that he is on the annual year-photo with Bremen;

[img']http://a.imageshack.us/img828/5131/103401861.jpg[/img]

Yeah' date=' I read about it aswell, but what me makes wonder is that he is on the annual year-photo with Bremen;

[img']http://a.imageshack.us/img828/5131/103401861.jpg[/img]

AS claim that he was 'forced' to be pictured with the team.

His father claims that if Bremen refuse to sell him this season then he will move to Madrid on a free next year, as he promised Florentino.

"We promised that if Bremen keep Mesut for now, next year year he will join a free."

Yesterday the first round of the DFB-Pokal has been completed with the following results.

Germania Windeck 0 - 4 Bayern München

VfR Aalen 1 - 2 FC Schalke 04

Bayern very sovereign against the amateur team Windeck though Germania had good chances in the first half, too.

So the following teams have qualified to round no. 2.

1. Bundesliga

16 teams (50 % of all 2nd round teams, 88.89 % of the started 1st Bundesliga teams)

Eintracht Frankfurt

1. FC Kaiserslautern

Bayer Leverkusen

Borussia Dortmund

VfB Stuttgart

SC Freiburg

Werder Bremen

1899 Hoffenheim

Borussia M'gladbach

1. FC Köln

1. FC Nürnberg

1. FSV Mainz 05

Hamburger SV

VfL Wolfsburg

Bayern München

FC Schalke 04

2. Bundesliga

10 teams (31.25 % of all 2nd round teams, 55.55 % of the started 2nd Bundesliga teams)

FC Ingolstadt 04

MSV Duisburg

FSV Frankfurt

Arminia Bielefeld

Hertha BSC

1860 München

FC Augsburg

SpVgg Greuther Fürth

Alemannia Aachen

Energie Cottbus

3. Liga

2 teams (6.25 % of all 2nd round teams, 20 % of the started 3rd Liga teams)

TuS Koblenz

Kickers Offenbach

Regionalliga (4th highest league)

4 teams (12.5 % of all 2nd round teams, 22.22 % of the started amateur teams (Oberliga included))

Chemnitzer FC

SV Elversberg

Hallescher FC

Oberliga (5th highest league)

Victoria Hamburg

------------------------------------------------------

A few days ago I posted the Eurosport season league table prediction.

Here the initial post

Something else I found today. Eurosport is doing a teamcheck for the upcoming season and finished to rate 8 teams so far. The worst 8 teams in their opinion.

Here's the current list:

11: Wolfsburg :eek:

12: 1. FSV Mainz 05

13: 1. FC Köln

14: FC St. Pauli

15: SC Freiburg

-------------------

16: 1. FC Nürnberg

-------------------

17: Hannover 96

18: 1. FC Kaiserslautern

They have analyzed a few teams more so the current prediction is:

05: Borussia Dortmund

-------------------

06: Hamburger SV

07: Eintracht Frankfurt

08: VfB Stuttgart

09: TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

10: Borussia M'gladbach

11: Wolfsburg

12: 1. FSV Mainz 05

13: 1. FC Köln

14: FC St. Pauli

15: SC Freiburg

-------------------

16: 1. FC Nürnberg

-------------------

17: Hannover 96

18: 1. FC Kaiserslautern

Missing teams: Bayern' date=' Schalke, Bremen, Leverkusen

[center']

------------------------------------------------------[/center]

And finally (not really news anymore):

Özil's move to Real Madrid has been confirmed. He leave Bremen for the assumed fee of ~15-17 M €.

As a German I'm proud that 2 young German players will play for one of the greater teams of Europe and I'm interested in how he will develop.

VfR Aalen 1 - 2 FC Schalke 04

Metzelder was once again horrible. I mean, it's his fault Aalen even scored and he is playing like he is drunk, to be honest. I really hope Magath buys a new CB (Pedro Geromel would be my dream signing), although it's very unlikely Magath will buy a new CB.

After the successful international matches of the German teams this week, the Bundesliga finally starts today with the opening game Bayern Munich against VfL Wolfsburg. Tomorrow and on Sunday the other matches will be played.

1st turn (20/08 - 22/08)

spieltag.jpg

The most interesting matches IMO will be the opening game of course, as well as Hamburg against Schalke and Dortmund against Leverkusen.

And finally something I'll try to make every matchday.

My personal matchday prediction

tipp.jpg

tipp.jpg

My predictions;

Bayern 3-2 Wolfsburg

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 1-2 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 2-2 Schalke 04

Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-0 1.FC Nürnberg

1.FC Köln 0-1 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 0-0 St Pauli

Hannover 96 0-2 Eintracht Frankfurt

Hamburger SV 2-2 Schalke 04

1.FSV Mainz 05 1-2 VfB Stuttgart

Borussia Dortmund 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen

And I'll predict the champions + those who'll get relegated;

Champs: Bayern (of course)

Relegated: Freiburg and Hannover 96.

Guest Scout Maker

My predictions;

Bayern 2-2 Wolfsburg

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 1-3 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 1-2 Schalke 04

Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-0 1.FC Nürnberg

1.FC Köln 2-0 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 1-0 St Pauli

Hannover 96 0-2 Eintracht Frankfurt

1.FSV Mainz 05 0-2 VfB Stuttgart

Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen

And like Pazzano, I'll predict the champions + those who'll get relegated;

Champs: Bayern

Relegated: St Pauli & 1.FC Kaiserslauten

After the successful international matches of the German teams this week' date=' the Bundesliga finally starts today with the opening game Bayern Munich against VfL Wolfsburg. Tomorrow and on Sunday the other matches will be played.

[b']

1st turn (20/08 - 22/08)

[/b]

spieltag.jpg

The most interesting matches IMO will be the opening game of course, as well as Hamburg against Schalke and Dortmund against Leverkusen.

tipp.jpg

My Prediction:

Bayern 3-1 Wolfsburg

Hoffenheim 0-2 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 1-1 Schalke 04

Borussia Monchengladbach 2-0 1.FC Nurnberg

1.FC Koln 1-1 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 1-0 FC St. Pauli

Hannover 96 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt

Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen

1.FSV Mainz 05 1-3 VFB Stuttgart