Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Amazing game by Reus against Werder. He's such a talent' date=' I hope he moves to a bigger German club.[/quote']

His first goal was pretty good! I really hope he keeps up this sort of Form if and when he moves! that Release clause is looking alot more tempting for some big clubs now after his last few games especially :)

Ter-Stegen signed a 1 year extension meaning he'll stay at Gladbach until 2015 which is a wise move in my opinion.

Need to get Espn on my Tv! :P

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2011/November/21/nuremberg-fan-loses-arm-in-fight/

A fan of Bundesliga side Nuremberg lost his right arm during a scuffle with Mainz supporters on Saturday.

Following the postponement of Cologne's home match with Mainz, visiting fans were involved in a fight with supporters of the Bavarian club at the host city's Central Train Station.

Nuremberg fans were in the area after their side met Schalke in Gelsenkirchen earlier in the day.

The Nuremberg supporter, 19, was pushed in front of an oncoming Inter-City Express train, and was unable to fully evade it and had his arm amputated.

The victim, who was under the police's file of 'violent sports fans', was immediately hospitalised and stabilised following emergency surgery, though his arm could not be reattached.

Local authorities have begun their search for the perpetrator, who fled the scene.

A total of 30 people were involved in the scuffle, after which one person was arrested.

The incident occurred around four hours after the scheduled kick-off of Cologne's match with Mainz. The match was postponed due to the attempted suicide by referee Babak Rafati.

Mainz upset Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich after beating them 3-2. Borussia Dortmund claim 1st spot on GD. Could be Dortmund's year again.

I still believe Bayern will win the title this season. However Dortmund are doing much better after winning the league than other 'surprise teams' like Wolfsburg and Stuttgart did before - at least in the league. With the Bundesliga having 4 CL starting spots next season I can see Dortmund getting in the CL again without a doubt. And this (and the associated revenues) will be very important to become a serious candidate for winning the title (beside Bayern).

I still believe Bayern will win the title this season. However Dortmund are doing much better after winning the league than other 'surprise teams' like Wolfsburg and Stuttgart did before - at least in the league. With the Bundesliga having 4 CL starting spots next season I can see Dortmund getting in the CL again without a doubt. And this (and the associated revenues) will be very important to become a serious candidate for winning the title (beside Bayern).

I agree. Bayern are still the favourites but Dortmund are keeping it up after last year, especially after beating Bayern at home too this season. I think Bayern and Dortmund are the main teams of the Bundesliga now. The thing is they must be able to hold on to their stars for the future and keep them like Bayern. There are many teams interested in Gotze and also the two Centrebacks would easily play for bigger teams. They are unlucky if they dont make last 16 in the CL this year as there are many good teams in the group like Marseille and Arsenal. Also they lost two key players against Arsenal too.

I currently see Bayern making the same mistake as last season. Instead of accepting their mistakes and drawing the right conclusions from a defeat/bad performance, they keep saying that they're the best team in Germany and that they have the best players (see in that context the often quoted statement "The best German players belong to the best German team" when asked about players such as Götze or Reus and the rumours about their moves to Bayern) and that the results would come in naturally due to the individual superiority of their players. Many people call this their typical arrogance, and well I don't disagree ;) This also the main reason why I absolutely can't stand Bayern München despite growing up and living in Bayern.

Essentially, they fail to see that the difference in individual skill of the players can be outweighed by superior tactics, a well-balanced team and often sheer will. Always remembers of these little kids coming on here to the forum complaining about the Match Engine because their oh-so-great Barcelonas, Uniteds etc. keep on losing to inferior teams even so they're blah-blah ratings higher on average.

I currently see Bayern making the same mistake as last season. Instead of accepting their mistakes and drawing the right conclusions from a defeat/bad performance' date=' they keep saying that they're the best team in Germany and that they have the best players (see in that context the often quoted statement "The best German players belong to the best German team" when asked about players such as Götze or Reus and the rumours about their moves to Bayern) and that the results would come in naturally due to the individual superiority of their players. Many people call this their typical arrogance, and well I don't disagree ;) This also the main reason why I absolutely can't stand Bayern München despite growing up and living in Bayern.

Essentially, they fail to see that the difference in individual skill of the players can be outweighed by superior tactics, a well-balanced team and often sheer will. Always remembers of these little kids coming on here to the forum complaining about the Match Engine because their oh-so-great Barcelonas, Uniteds etc. keep on losing to inferior teams even so they're blah-blah ratings higher on average.[/quote']

You're a Dortmund fan so you're happy..(from what I know...I belive you said in german ratings thread).I'm a Dortmund fan too.

Munich is the best team from Germany but Dortmund..are very good tho.I can see them winning again+Dortmund fans are better....

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

I still want to see Mandzukic beeing tried out in the middle

-Date 01-01-11

Despite Wolfsburg sinking faster than what I can say dough, he's scored 8 goals so far this campaign as a result of Magath playing in the middle and not dragging him out wide like McClaren did. 8 goals was exactly the amount of goals he scored throughout the whole last year - with Wolfsburg performing practically as bad as they did under McClaren's reign - this is a proof that I should never be questioned. :P

Many people call this their typical arrogance' date=' and well I don't disagree ;) This also the main reason why I absolutely can't stand Bayern München despite growing up and living in Bayern.

[/quote']

never heard about town Bayern in Germany,i tought its name is Munich:confused:lol,did u grow in kinderrgarden called Bayern?

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

I needed a new usertitle' date=' since I have an ava of Barney, what a better way to use his catchphrase as a usertitle. I didn't say Suit Up Day didn't I? :P[/quote']

What I see, is what we define. ;)

Well, you could have said ''who's your daddy''? :D

Anyway, sorry for going off topic.

never heard about town Bayern in Germany' date='i tought its name is Munich:confused:lol,did u grow in kinderrgarden called Bayern?[/quote']

That post (just like every single one of your posts basically) is too stupid to receive a proper response. Just one hint: Look up Bayern in Wikipedia or something similar.