Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Whats up with Jedvaj?

Was a first team player the first part of the season but since the january break he hasnt featured at all. I know he got injured, but cant find any more news regarding the lenght of his injury and when he will be back.

Anyone know whats up with him?

Whats up with Jedvaj?

Was a first team player the first part of the season but since the january break he hasnt featured at all. I know he got injured' date=' but cant find any more news regarding the lenght of his injury and when he will be back.

Anyone know whats up with him?[/quote']

He ruptured his muscle fiber.

Can anyone tell me why Selke has moved to Liepzig a Div 2 club? Moreover' date=' 8M?![/quote']

2 things

From Bremen's perspective, although supporters might be baffled as to why they sold their prised possession to a second division side, the chance to make a reported £8 million from a player signed for around £50,000 in 2013 proved too tempting.

In Germany where the BuLi is run under tight financial restrcitions, the 8M windfall is just too good to turn down. Selke had a 1.6M clause to leave earlier this season, scored 6 goals and now Bremen have made 8M...

&

Its Red Bull Leipzig

quote from an article in the Guardian in March 2014

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/mar/06/rb-leipzig-sending-shockwaves-through-german-football

RB Leipzig used to be a fifth-division team called SSV Markranstädt that not many had heard of even in Saxony – until 2009, when the Austrian energy drink manufacturer Red Bull bought the club's license and changed the team's name, crest and kit.

In 2010 RB moved to the 44,300-seater stadium in the centre of Leipzig, which had been built for the 2006 World Cup but wasn't in regular use: Lokomotive Leipzig, the successor of the club who won the very first title in German football in 1903, are stuck in the fourth division, while local rivals Sachsen Leipzig were dissolved in 2011.

Two years later, the former Schalke coach, Ralf Rangnick, was installed as sporting director and was handed a transfer kitty of €100m. RB Leipzig has been gradually climbing up the leagues since. They are currently second in the third division and primed for promotion.

Also read here:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2416349-davie-selke-transfer-confirms-leipzig-have-become-the-next-hoffenheim

Mark my words, in the next 5 years they will be one of the top sides in Germany

Worked for Wolfsburg, then Hoffenheim, now watch RB Leipzig emerge. Recruiting young talent , giving them regular gametime to allow them blossom into the future stars that lead them forward.

Nice start by Gladbach today.

Goal! Oscar Wendt (B. Monchengladbach) was in the right place at the right time to get to the rebound inside the box, and he fires the ball low inside the left post. It is 1:0.

It's in the back of the net! Patrick Herrmann (B. Monchengladbach) is the provider as he slips the ball to Raffael (B. Monchengladbach) who simply steers it home from close range. It's 2:0.

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/KhkKp4GO/#video

Nice start by Gladbach today.

Goal! Oscar Wendt (B. Monchengladbach) was in the right place at the right time to get to the rebound inside the box' date=' and he fires the ball low inside the left post. It is 1:0.

It's in the back of the net! Patrick Herrmann (B. Monchengladbach) is the provider as he slips the ball to Raffael (B. Monchengladbach) who simply steers it home from close range. It's 2:0.

[url']http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/KhkKp4GO/#video[/url]

Top drawer stuff, Herrmann amazing assist

:eek:

With Bayern Munchen leading comfortably the Bundesliga and Wolfsburg standing

strong behind the Bavarians, who do you think will finish on 3rd pos. this season:

Borussia Monchengladbach, Bayer Leverkusen or Schalke 04 Gelsenkirchen?!?!

Personally, I think the battle for a direct Champions League position is between

Gladbach and Leverkusen, as these two teams are in a better form this season.

What do you make of Emir Spahic? Released by Bayer with a year and a half left on his contract for his outburst in the cup game last week.

IMO it is disgraceful stuff from a professional to header a member of security and deservedly had his contract terminated after completely losing the plot.

Here is the video if you haven't saw it:

YhYaKpJAbXQ

What do you make of Emir Spahic? Released by Bayer with a year and a half left on his contract for his outburst in the cup game last week.

IMO it is disgraceful stuff from a professional to header a member of security and deservedly had his contract terminated after completely losing the plot.

Here is the video if you haven't saw it:

YhYaKpJAbXQ

Bayer Leverkusen made the right decision, such a behaviour must be punished..

Bayer Leverkusen made the right decision' date=' such a behaviour must be punished..[/quote']

Well, punishing the player is one thing, releasing his contract is quite another.

I think there must have been something else alswell behind the scenes, because stuff like this happened times and times before, and i dont recall a whole bunch of other players having their contract terminated straight away.

Usually a fine, some time on the bench and a public excuse do the job, in this case they went full-on to terminate his contract, so there had to be something else going on aswell.

Maybe its the fact that Spahic is 34yo and with 1 season left on his contract, which defo didnt help his cause, i mean, no prospect or resale value there.

Well' date=' punishing the player is one thing, releasing his contract is quite another.

Maybe its the fact that Spahic is 34yo and with 1 season left on his contract, which defo didnt help his cause, i mean, no prospect or resale value there.[/quote']

Precisely

if this was Lars Bender or somebody of a major first team XI status who was young and still has plenty to offer not to mention resale value they would never have taken that decision.

Football clubs are pragmatic and morals and doing the "morally right thing" is usually dictated by who the player is, the importance to the side, there "worth"

Chelsea done it with Terry, Liverpool with Suarez, United with Cantona etc....

Morals go out the window when it comes to "major assets" that's just the way it is and pragmatically I don't blame the clubs.

Well' date=' punishing the player is one thing, releasing his contract is quite another.

I think there must have been something else alswell behind the scenes, because stuff like this happened times and times before, and i dont recall a whole bunch of other players having their contract terminated straight away.

Usually a fine, some time on the bench and a public excuse do the job, in this case they went full-on to terminate his contract, so there had to be something else going on aswell.

Maybe its the fact that Spahic is 34yo and with 1 season left on his contract, which defo didnt help his cause, i mean, no prospect or resale value there.[/quote']

From what I've read on the internet, Emir Spahic had agreed to the dissolution

of his contract with the German club, apologized and regrets that incident.

Leverkusen's managing director Michael Schade made a statement on club's site:

"We have sat down with Emir and reached a mutual agreement.

We wish him all the best and lots of success in the future."

So that means his contract wasn't terminated straight away by the club..

Thats still one of the uglier incidents ive seen as its off-field, not even a player and its not heat of the moment he tries for a long time to continue to hurt someone. I wish more clubs would act in this way to thuggery. I agree though if it was a young star probably would still be at the club which imo is not right, but what can you do $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

So BILD are reporting Klopp has asked for his contract to be terminated in the summer...

Sounds like he's accepted the ££££ at City to me.

Various reports are stating that Dortmund will announce this afternoon that Klopp is leaving the club at the end of the season.

He just went from 14/1 to 2/1 for the City job, I got on at 8s.

Klopp would be the perfect fit for City I think and it would certainly make them stronger with his style of football in Manchester.