Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

I think it's a bit more than that (if it's true at all' date=' but it does seem very likely indeed), but it still remains to be seen if Bayern actually make use of his talent, or if they rather keep relying on Robben/Müller/Ribery instead. In that case, a double-digit million sum is quite much for a bench-warmer.

In fact, that's a quite old and at least under BVB fans well-known story, that just happened to be dug out when Dortmund are ahead of Bayern in the table (what a coincidence). And as much as I appreciate the credit handed out by Bayern, you may not forget that a) it's just been a credit and not a generous donation, B) Bayern profit from other strong teams in the league (in form of TV revenues, attendances etc. for example) and c) most probably other creditors could have been found anyway (even though most certainly not under the same conditions).

And something like me cheering for Schalke is something that you'll never see, it's not like I've just started supporting Dortmund (and despising Schalke and Bayern for that matter) since their recent achievements, I've actually suffered with them under that difficult period between 2003 and 2005... Believe me, not knowing if your club will still exist tomorrow is something you don't want to experience.[/quote']

it seems that Robben is on verge with Bayern so Shaqiri could be his replacement or something like that,Bayern is known that they dont waste money for nothing,so if they gave 10 million for him,he ll play,but question is who is leaving

The Bundesliga again is very exciting this season. Many - including myself - expected Bayern to win the league quite sovereign. But Dortmund surprised me. For sure they have the quality to repeat their last years victory. But still the other teams normally play different against you, if you are known to be league champion. More defensively, more aggressive. And still Dortmund's doing very good.

The biggest surprise certainly is Borussia Mönchengladbach. It's insane what Favre made out of the team. Out of the top 4 in the league, I currently support Gladbach the most. A bit sad though that quality players like Reus (and maybe Dante) will leave after this season. This and the fact that Gladbach hasn't qualified for an international competition for years will make it very hard for them next year in the CL (I really think they'll stay in the top 4 for the rest of the season). They certainly will be put in pot 4 at the seeding. And so will get well-known teams.

Main thing why I'm posting here:

We have seen some lovely goals this matchday. (Hope the youtube links will work due to copyright ...)

First there was Arango (1:20 in the above vid), then there was Jessen (2:25)

zIpYs6IysQ0#t=79s

And of course Okazaki

FOWvr7UiTpc

Where can I watch Bundesliga highlights (ideally in English)? If there's nothing on English TV' date=' is there something online?[/quote']
ESPN every Monday at 4.45pm-6pm is your best bet.

This ^^, or Imscouting.com. Gives u highlights for like almost every league lol.

BM are so nice to watch. Even their set pieces are brilliant. :):)

From the wall' date=' Hanke glances on a direct free kick in front of goal from 25/30 yards out. Well worked altogether. Scored right at the end of half time. :)[/quote']

Made me a very happy man that. How are Hamburg playing? Posing any real threat? Will BM score again in the 2nd half do you reckon?

I do like how open the German league is :)

Made me a very happy man that. How are Hamburg playing? Posing any real threat? Will BM score again in the 2nd half do you reckon?

I do like how open the German league is :)

Well Torslan has equalized for Hamburg, and they have played better in the second half. I didn't see them equalizing, and it took a corner for them to do it. I feel BM will score, but they have to the ball count; they have to retain possession a bit better. And Reus will have to keep his head, I think he has a yellow, and he is being fairly aggressive tonight so far. :) I feel that BM will have to work a bit harder to score.

Bayern lost against Leverkusen.

The big chance for Dortmund this evening (game will start in 20 minutes) to extend their 4-point-lead on Bayern to 7 points.

Tomorrow Gladbach has the chance to surpass Bayern in table, too.

However IMO the outrage of the matchday already is the red card of Guerrero.

Whilst Stuttgart already leading 3-0 in Hamburg he tackled Stuttgart's goalkeeper Ulreich at the corner flag without the chance on getting the ball.

2,h=343.bild.jpg

Edit:

I even found a video

GcnApl5y7tM

That tackle is outrageous surly he will be looking at some lengthy ban,

Happy to see Munich lose gives gladbach a great chance of taking second place!

Anyone Know if the Gladbach game is on tele tomorrow ? Have a mate who supports Nurnburg so would be intresting to watch the game with him :)

That tackle is outrageous surly he will be looking at some lengthy ban' date='

Happy to see Munich lose gives gladbach a great chance of taking second place!

[b']Anyone Know if the Gladbach game is on tele tomorrow ?[/b] Have a mate who supports Nurnburg so would be intresting to watch the game with him :)

Try Eurosport International (not British Eurosport) for coverage. It should be on a stream online as well.

Gotze set to return to training in a week, Dortmund now stretch their lead to 7 points, the league is slipping away from Bayern's fingers and if Gladbach win they will be 2 points ahead, but you have to give credit to Bernd Leno, he is just brilliant.

Could he be in the 23 man squad for the Euros for Germany?

No. Sure he is talented enough' date=' but

1. ter Stegen is even more talented
  2. Löw currently prefers Zieler after Neuer and Wiese

Yeah, I was reading the Goal.com article about it, and according to them it will be Neuer, Wiese and Zieler.

Can Bernd Leon and Ter Stegen replace Wiese and Zieler in future tournaments and can either of them upstage Neuer to be Germany No.1?

Can Bernd Leon and Ter Stegen replace Wiese and Zieler in future tournaments and can either of them upstage Neuer to be Germany No.1?

Both are definitely talented enough to get called up into the national team anytime.

I'd expect that Wiese might be replaced after the Euros. Slowly without big announcements just like Löw used to do it before.

Zieler might become the new number 2 then though I personally think that ter Stegen isn't only more talented than Zieler' date=' he is also already better now.

Long-term I'm sure that ter Stegen and Leno has the chance to replace Neuer in goal. However Neuer has the advantage to be the [b']no. 1[/b] already. And Löw is one who confides in his (regular) players even if they don't perform better than others (e.g. Podolski about 1 year ago or currently Cacau). So it won't be easy for them to replace Neuer, especially as he is playing at Bayern Munich (and therefore CL football is almost guaranteed). But if Neuer will keep on doing mistakes when the ball comes in high (just like he did again against Leverkusen) I really can see him getting replaced in goal by either ter Stegen or Leno.

Anyone Know if the Gladbach game is on tele tomorrow ? Have a mate who supports Nurnburg so would be intresting to watch the game with him :)

Its on ESPN in 5 minutes.

Confirmed teams:

Nürnberg - R. Schäfer, D. Maroh, P. Wollscheid, M. Feulner, T. Simons, A. Hloušek, J. Hegeler, D. Didavi, T. Pekhart, A. Esswein, T. Chandler. Subs: C. Eigler, A. Bunjaku, R. Mak, T. Klose, A. Cohen, P. Rakovsky. J. Pinola.

Borussia Mönchengladbach - M. ter Stegen, F. Daems, M. Stranzl, H. Nordtveit, Dante, J. Arango, R. Neustädter, M. Reus, T. Jantschke, M. Hanke, I. De Camargo. Subs: M. Zimmermann, R. Brouwers, T. Cigerci, T. Marx, O. Wendt. Y. Otsu, C. Heimeroth.

Both are definitely talented enough to get called up into the national team anytime.

I'd expect that Wiese might be replaced after the Euros. Slowly without big announcements just like Löw used to do it before.

Zieler might become the new number 2 then though I personally think that ter Stegen isn't only more talented than Zieler' date=' he is also already better now.

Long-term I'm sure that ter Stegen and Leno has the chance to replace Neuer in goal. However Neuer has the advantage to be the [b']no. 1[/b] already. And Löw is one who confides in his (regular) players even if they don't perform better than others (e.g. Podolski about 1 year ago or currently Cacau). So it won't be easy for them to replace Neuer, especially as he is playing at Bayern Munich (and therefore CL football is almost guaranteed). But if Neuer will keep on doing mistakes when the ball comes in high (just like he did again against Leverkusen) I really can see him getting replaced in goal by either ter Stegen or Leno.

Thanks a lot mate, hope to see Leno get some call ups to the German squad for friendlies, championships etc, really talented player and deserves it ;)