Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

What a game, and what a performance from Niediemeir who i didn't know before the game.

Schmelzer and Hummels should have defended better at the end, simple ball should have been cleared. The horrible defending really made the game enjoyable though.

Munich to trim it to 3 points :D

Woah, still need to calm down. What a completely insane game. Really don't know what to say. Dortmund could have sealed the win easily in the first 60 minutes and lead by 3, 4 or 5 to nil, until Stuttgart managed to turn the game around within 10 minutes all of a sudden. And then probably the craziest final minutes I have seen in the recent past. Hummels makes it 3-3 with the overview and coolness of a top-class striker. Perisic with a wonderful volley shot (again) to give us the lead. Completely flipped out then. When the ref held up the board with the '3' displayed on it I say how it's far too much, blow the whistle, immediately. Actually doing it quite clever then, trying to let the clock run down. But 'clever' is not the way Dortmund play, leave that to those play-acting teams from Spain and Italy... And with the only time the ball is in Dortmund's half, it's one of the unluckiest slapstick scenes. Hummels obviously trying to jump up and the clear the ball, Schmelzer thinking he gets the ball, but Hummels lets it through and it deflects from Schmelzer to Gentner, who stays calm, and then fires the ball into the net. Now I'm yelling that 3 minutes are far to little when there's been 6 substitutions, injury breaks (Subotic who got an elbow to the face once again for example)... and freaking 7! goals, and then the ref blows his whistle at 2:50 when Dortmund have a throw-in in a good position? A serious question, how much would an English ref give in such a game? 5, 6, maybe even 10 when United is involved? :P

And jeez, how am I supposed to get some sleep tonight? Think I'll have to smash my head to the bedpost to be able to 'sleep'...

Hope he doesn't make it back in time for the Munich game' date=' although I doubt anyone can score with Neuer between the sticks :rolleyes:

Calm down about Götze too, he still lives with his parents, let him grow up first ;)[/quote']

He scored against Munich with Neuer in goal, Neuer is probably crying himself to sleep with the prospect of a fully fit Gotze ;)

He's not even grown up and he is that good, imagine when he grows up :eek:

He scored against Munich with Neuer in goal' date=' Neuer is probably crying himself to sleep with the prospect of a fully fit Gotze ;)

He's not even grown up and he is that good, imagine when he grows up :eek:[/quote']

You really do need to calm down about Gotze, don't take it in a bad way this, yes he is an exceptional talent, but ''Messi wishes he was Gotze''??? Dear me.

I don't watch Dortmund all that often i do admit, but it's almost always Kagawa for me who stands out the most in the attacking third, Gotze is good, but nowhere near as much as you are making out :)

You really do need to calm down about Gotze' date=' don't take it in a bad way this, yes he is an exceptional talent, but ''Messi wishes he was Gotze''??? Dear me.

I don't watch Dortmund all that often i do admit, but it's almost always Kagawa for me who stands out the most in the attacking third, Gotze is good, but nowhere near as much as you are making out :)[/quote']

I was jokin about the Messi-wishes he was Gotze :P

Kagawa wasn't that good in the first half of this season, it was most probably Lewandowski or Gotze, trust me Gotze is an exceptional talent, try watching Dortmund regularly you'll be impressed, he is the shining beacon of Dortmund like Messi is of Barcelona ;)

how good is boateng,jerome ?? he plays only as a CB everytime i watch bayern münchen matches, and he doesn't look for me as a special defender , i think that his peak is 91 or (92 in the far future )

am i right ??

i want to hear ur opinions ;)

how good is boateng' date='jerome ?? he plays only as a CB everytime i watch bayern münchen matches, and he doesn't look for me as a special defender , i think that his peak is 91 or (92 in the far future )

am i right ??

i want to hear ur opinions ;)[/quote']

This is a good question. I believe that Bayern's defence (apart from Lahm) is fairly weak compared to the best sides in Europe. Having said that, I do believe Boateng could rise because he is an international and Bayern are a big European force, so I reckon he will reach 91. 92 may be a bit too far of a leap, but maybe in the future.

Where did you get this news from?

Just had a quick look now' date=' and Goal.com and Soccerway are reporting it.

orussia Moenchengladbach have reportedly won the race to sign Basel talent Granit Xhaka.

The 19-year-old has been a hot commodity this season, especially after helping his side pip Manchester United to a spot in the Champions League round-of-16.

In January, Basel turned down a seven-million-euro offer from Hamburg for the player's services.

But now Moenchengladbach are said to have convinced Xhaka to join their ranks at the end of the season, with Express reporting he has agreed to a contract with Lucien Favre's side.

The midfielder has a deal that runs until 2014, but Basel are said to be willing to let him go in the upcoming transfer window for an offer in the region of six million euros.

The sum is unlikely to be much of a burden for the Bundeslgia outfit, who are set to receive 17 million euros from the sale of Marco Reus to Borussia Dortmund.

Should Xhaka complete his transfer, he will be a direct replacement for Schalke-bound midfielder Roman Neustadter.

Hertha Berlin's Raffael has been rumoured to be on Moenchengladbach's radar as a replacement for Reus in attack but Favre categorically denied a link to the Brazilian.

"We are not interested. He is a very good player, but we will not sign him," Favre said.

If it is true. Ill be over the moon.

Well, the original source is the "Express", a newspaper that's generally known for a lot of wild guesses and speculation actually. And even they say that so far only an agreement between Xhaka and Gladbach has been made, but Basel and Gladbach haven't agreed a fee yet. If Basel's demands are too high the deal could still collapse. Either way, I wouldn't count on it until a more serious paper or the clubs report it.

But the 'rumour' is indeed realistic, with Neustädter's departure they need a more offensive-minded CM/DM next to Nordtveit and Xhaka looks to be even more talented than Neustädter. And Gladbach also have the money after the Reus transfer to able to pay a realistic sum for him (something in the region of 6-8, maybe even 10 million € at a push incl. additional fees might be realistic I guess).