Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

Thanks to all who also made predictions. We'll see on sunday evening who is the best predictor. :) I could imagine that Pazzano has good chances to be the one as he also said that the Diego deal will probably collapse (and he was obviously right).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

And before the season will start it's time to complete the Eurosport season prediction:

01: Bayern München

02: SV Werder Bremen

-------------------

03: Bayer Leverkusen

-------------------

04: FC Schalke 04

05: Borussia Dortmund

-------------------

06: Hamburger SV

07: Eintracht Frankfurt

08: VfB Stuttgart

09: TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

10: Borussia M'gladbach

11: Wolfsburg

12: 1. FSV Mainz 05

13: 1. FC Köln

14: FC St. Pauli

15: SC Freiburg

-------------------

16: 1. FC Nürnberg

-------------------

17: Hannover 96

18: 1. FC Kaiserslautern

----------------------------------------------------------------

Another German sport website (sport1.de) also made a Bundesliga check and predicted the following final table.

01. FC Bayern München

02. Bayer Leverkusen

------------------

03. FC Schalke 04

------------------

04. VfL Wolfsburg

05. Werder Bremen

------------------

06. Borussia Dortmund

07. HSV

08. VfB Stuttgart

09. Eintracht Frankfurt

10. 1899 Hoffenheim

11. Borussia Mönchengladbach

12. FSV Mainz 05

13. 1. FC Köln

14. 1. FC Nürnberg

15. 1. FC Kaiserslautern

------------------

16. SC Freiburg

------------------

17. FC St. Pauli

18. Hannover 96

All those that think Kaiserslautern will get relegated, you are wrong. Stefan Kuntz is their club president and he is great at finding talent. He bought all the good players at Bochum a few years back and after he was ousted at Bochum they were relegated 2 seasons later.

I am not sure who will go down but don't bet against Kuntz.

Goal by Schweini in the 91th minute!!! 2-1 to Bayern now!!!!!!!

Bloody Hell:rolleyes::mad:,I missed the game up until the last minute as I was out and I think I'm a very bad luck omen for Wolfsburg,I know it's hard to judge but do you guys think Mandzukic will be the start instead of Grafite?

Kroos subbed off ~ Wasn't to impressed by him today either (although I've only been watching the 2nd half).

IMO it was a good game by Kroos but mainly in the first half. His assist for Müller was great.

R3HEZu2SbgE

Bloody Hell:rolleyes::mad:' date='I missed the game up until the last minute as I was out and I think I'm a very bad luck omen for Wolfsburg,I know it's hard to judge but do you guys think Mandzukic will be the start instead of Grafite?[/quote']

It seems like McClaren wants to play with only one real striker (Dzeko) and 3 men behind. And IMO Grafite is no winger, whereas Mandzukic seems to be an option for the wing. So I really can see Mandzukic getting more game time than Grafite.

Breman have signed Wesley from Santos.

Yes, I'm looking forward to see this guy playing in the Bundesliga.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday Demichelis wasn't even in the squad for the game after van Gaal decided to start with Badstuber and van Buyten as CB's, Demichelis pointed out that he doesn't want to sit on the Bench so van Gaal removed him of the squad.

Now according to Bild.de Demichelis focus a move.

It seems like McClaren wants to play with only one real striker (Dzeko) and 3 men behind. And IMO Grafite is no winger' date=' whereas Mandzukic seems to be an option for the wing. So I really can see Mandzukic getting more game time than Grafite.[/quote']

Ziani was also prefered over Grafite yesterday to play on the wing. In my opinion, Ziani wasn't good and I've also heard rumors saying Babel might move to Wolfsburg. Personally, I'd rather want a player like Bryan Ruiz or Vladimir Weiss to play for Wolfsburg, they would fit perfect on the wings. And McClaren also had Bryan Ruiz while at Twente, so he knows him well. Weiss will never get a chance in City while they spend their moneys trying to get the biggest players, and I've heard City wants to loan him out for this season. Why don't Wolfsburg try to sign him on loan this season with an option to buy him after this season? It would be good for both parties and Wolfsburg would easily have afford with his wages, beacuse they're really rich aswell thanks to Volkswagen.

Yesterday Demichelis wasn't even in the squad for the game after van Gaal decided to start with Badstuber and van Buyten as CB's' date=' Demichelis pointed out that he doesn't want to sit on the Bench so van Gaal removed him of the squad.

Now according to Bild.de Demichelis focus a move.[/quote']

Van Gaal doesn't want to sell him, beacuse he wants atleast three CB's in the squad and with Breno out for 2 months, Van Gaal has said he wants to keep Demichelis till January atleast. Personally, I'd sell Demichelis to some Greece/Turkish club and then use the moneys to buy Pedro Geromel. He is class and waaaay better than Demichelis.

Ziani was also prefered over Grafite yesterday to play on the wing. In my opinion' date=' Ziani wasn't good and I've also heard rumors saying Babel might move to Wolfsburg. Personally, I'd rather want a player like Bryan Ruiz or Vladimir Weiss to play for Wolfsburg, they would fit perfect on the wings. And McClaren also had Bryan Ruiz while at Twente, so he knows him well. Weiss will never get a chance in City while they spend their moneys trying to get the biggest players, and I've heard City wants to loan him out for this season. Why don't Wolfsburg try to sign him on loan this season with an option to buy him after this season? It would be good for both parties and Wolfsburg would easily have afford with his wages, beacuse they're really rich aswell thanks to Volkswagen.[/quote']

Weiss Is On Loan At Rangers m8 ;) happened a few days ago.

Ziani was also prefered over Grafite yesterday to play on the wing. In my opinion' date=' Ziani wasn't good and I've also heard rumors saying Babel might move to Wolfsburg. Personally, I'd rather want a player like Bryan Ruiz or Vladimir Weiss to play for Wolfsburg, they would fit perfect on the wings. And McClaren also had Bryan Ruiz while at Twente, so he knows him well. Weiss will never get a chance in City while they spend their moneys trying to get the biggest players, and I've heard City wants to loan him out for this season. Why don't Wolfsburg try to sign him on loan this season with an option to buy him after this season? It would be good for both parties and Wolfsburg would easily have afford with his wages, beacuse they're really rich aswell thanks to Volkswagen.

Van Gaal doesn't want to sell him, beacuse he wants atleast three CB's in the squad and with Breno out for 2 months, Van Gaal has said he wants to keep Demichelis till January atleast. Personally, I'd sell Demichelis to some Greece/Turkish club and then use the moneys to buy Pedro Geromel. He is class and waaaay better than Demichelis.[/quote']

Vladimir Weiss has gone on loan to Rangers as of yesterday mate so that's a non starter,I think Ruiz would be a good option if he wants a winger but maybe he is happy with this current options at his disposal and doesn't think Ruiz is needed or perhaps doesn't think his worth the 15 Million Euros price tag that Twente reportedly want for him,I hope Demichelis is sold but if they can't find a replacement then will definitely stay,I can't believe they haven't even brought in one defender this window as I thought they would really strengthen there,if he can get some decent money like £7-8 Million for Demichelis and the fact they have spent no money it means they will have a lot of money to buy a new centre back,however maybe they have left it to now and should have moved earlier for a centre half,the one centre back I feel they could get is Squillaci who is available for £6.5 Million and a defender who is much better than Demichelis,delighted to see the Bundesliga is up and running again and Schalke vs Hamburg is the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Van Gaal doesn't want to sell him' date=' beacuse he wants atleast three CB's in the squad and with Breno out for 2 months, Van Gaal has said he wants to keep Demichelis till January atleast. Personally, I'd sell Demichelis to some Greece/Turkish club and then use the moneys to buy Pedro Geromel. He is class and waaaay better than Demichelis.[/quote']

This ^^^^ or maybe even Hummels (Which I doubt) or Dante, who I quite highly rate.

Anyway, Hoffenheim are winning Breman 4-1! :eek:

Phew, I've been away yesterday and so unfortunately I couldn't watch the games. But I'm very surprised by Hoffenheim. They really destroyed Bremen. And both league newbies - Kaiserslautern and St.Pauli - won away. And finally van Nistelrooy won against Schalke. After 3 goals in the cup, he again scored twice. Has he now really arrived at Hamburg?

Today I'm looking forward to see my VfB Stuttgart play. However I hope they'll be better than against Bratislava, because that was awful.

And of course Dortmund against Leverkusen will be a great match, too.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ralf Rangnick - coach of Hoffenheim - has annonced yesterday that Carlos Eduardo may leave the club and therefore Eduardo wasn't in the squad against Bremen. Rumours say that Rubin Kasan will be the club.

And the second round of the cup has been drawn with one really, really great match, I'm already looking forward to this: Bayern vs. Bremen.

2nd round DFB-Pokal

Blue - 1. Bundesliga

Green - 2. Bundesliga

Brown - 3. Bundesliga

Red - Amateur team (4th or 5th highest league)

TuS Koblenz - Hertha BSC

SC Victoria Hamburg - VfL Wolfsburg

Kickers Offenbach - Borussia Dortmund

SV Elversberg - 1. FC Nürnberg

Chemnitzer FC - VfB Stuttgart

Hallescher FC - MSV Duisburg

Energie Cottbus - SC Freiburg

FSV Frankfurt - FC Schalke 04

Eintracht Frankfurt - Hamburger SV

1. FC Köln - TSV 1860 München

SpVgg Greuther Fürth - FC Augsburg

Bor. Mönchengladbach - Bayer Leverkusen

1899 Hoffenheim - FC Ingolstadt 04

Alemannia Aachen - FSV Mainz 05

Bayern München - Werder Bremen

1. FC Kaiserslautern - Arminia Bielefeld

Today I'm looking forward to see my VfB Stuttgart play. However I hope they'll be better than against Bratislava' date=' because that was awful.

[/quote']

Awful - Part 2 smiley_emoticons_eazy_kotz_graete.gif

I watched the match in a pub with a high-definition projector on a screen.

So I had the chance to view in high quality the low quality of the 'defense' of Stuttgart. Honestly the whole team was more than disappointing but especially Boulahrouz peformance was dilettantish. Ulreich was the best player of Stuttgart on the pitch as both goals against weren't his fault. He actually had one or two good safes so Mainz could easily have won higher.

If Stuttgart plays like this against Dortmund they'll get 4 goals at least - and Phil would be happy, and of course I don't want Phil to be happy :P)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

And 1-0 Leverkusen (Barnetta)

And 2-0 Leverkusen (R. Augusto)

So perhaps Dortmund will only win 3-0 against VfB next week.

Awful - Part 2 smiley_emoticons_eazy_kotz_graete.gif

I watched the match in a pub with a high-definition projector on a screen.

So I had the chance to view in high quality the low quality of the 'defense' of Stuttgart. Honestly the whole team was more than disappointing but especially Boulahrouz peformance was dilettantish. Ulreich was the best player of Stuttgart on the pitch as both goals against weren't his fault. He actually had one or two good safes so Mainz could easily have won higher.

If Stuttgart plays like this against Dortmund they'll get 4 goals at least - and Phil would be happy' date=' and of course I don't want Phil to be happy :P)

[/quote']

To be honest, I kind of saw this coming. Stuttgart wasn't too impressive during the pre-season. The attack had their problems, especially under the qualification games against Molde, and the defense had their problems aswell during the Molde games. The game against Bratislava a few days ago wasn't to impressive aswell, and the only players who could travel home with some honour were Cacau and Harnik (the only goal-scorer in that game). Besides, Stuttgart aswell starts the league campain bad and we all remember the last seasons one ;)

To be honest' date=' I kind of saw this coming. Stuttgart wasn't too impressive during the pre-season. The attack had their problems, especially under the qualification games against Molde, and the defense had their problems aswell during the Molde games. The game against Bratislava a few days ago wasn't to impressive aswell, and the only players who could travel home with some honour were Cacau and Harnik (the only goal-scorer in that game). Besides, Stuttgart aswell starts the league campain bad and we all remember the last seasons one ;)[/quote']

Of course. You're 100% right. All games of Stuttgart so far have been poor. However if Cacau doesn't miss the penalty today in the first half the match will be completely different. But nevertheless Stuttgart have massive problems in the central defense and though they have the quality in the central midfield they still have problems in the coordination. This urgently needs to be improved.

Now first turn has been played. I also have now calmed down a bit after Stuttgart's defeat against Mainz.

The results of the first turn

spieltag.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------

So time for the

Evaluation of our predictions

I'd suggest - or better I dictate (because that's for what we 'Germans' are famous for :P) - to use the following system.

3 points for the correct result

1 point for the correct tendence

0 point otherwise

tipp.jpg

So 3 points for me. Is there still anyone who calls me a Bundesliga expert? :D

My predictions;

Bayern 3-2 Wolfsburg

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 1-2 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 2-2 Schalke 04

Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-0 1.FC Nürnberg

1.FC Köln 0-1 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 0-0 St Pauli

Hannover 96 0-2 Eintracht Frankfurt

Hamburger SV 2-2 Schalke 04

1.FSV Mainz 05 1-2 VfB Stuttgart

Borussia Dortmund 1-1 Bayer Leverkusen

2 points for Pazzano.

My predictions;

Bayern 2-2 Wolfsburg

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 1-3 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 1-2 Schalke 04

Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-0 1.FC Nürnberg

1.FC Köln 2-0 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 1-0 St Pauli

1.FSV Mainz 05 0-2 VfB Stuttgart

Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen

1 point for Scout Maker.

My Prediction:

Bayern 3-1 Wolfsburg

Hoffenheim 0-2 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 1-1 Schalke 04

Borussia Monchengladbach 2-0 1.FC Nurnberg

1.FC Koln 1-1 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 1-0 FC St. Pauli

Hannover 96 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt

Borussia Dortmund 1-2 Bayer Leverkusen

1.FSV Mainz 05 1-3 VFB Stuttgart

5 points for Toonfanforlife

My predictions;

Bayern 3-1 Wolfsburg

TSG 1899 Hoffenheim 1-3 Werder Bremen

Hamburger SV 2-1 Schalke 04

Borussia Mönchengladbach 3-2 1.FC Nürnberg

1.FC Köln 2-1 1.FC Kaiserslautern

SC Freiburg 2-1 St Pauli

1.FSV Mainz 05 1-2 VfB Stuttgart

Borussia Dortmund 2-2 Bayer Leverkusen

4 points for Daniel.

So congratulations' date=' Toonfanforlife, for the best prediction.

However I think it was a poor round from all of us but it's always hard to predict the results when league starts as IMO there have been quite a few surprises in the results (like Hoffenheim, Kaiserslautern, St. Pauli, Hannover and Mainz).

And last but definitely not least, I created two quizzes on sporcle for all those who want to check how well they do know the Bundesliga.

1) Can you name the Bundesliga coaches 00/01 - 09/10?

2) Can you name the Top 50 German Bundesliga Goal Scorers?

The second one is a bit older (a few months) so it might not be completely up to date. But as this quiz asks for the best scorers ever it shouldn't really matter.