timesle

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Dortmund will win 1-0 I think. It's at the Signal Iduna.

Good prediction sir :)

First German game i've watched in a few weeks. So glad Dortmund won, i have a bit of a soft spot for them :o

How did Robben miss from 2 yards out though!? Good god.

Also, did anyone else hear the commentator say that 450,000 people applied for tickets for the game!? :eek:

First German game i've watched in a few weeks. So glad Dortmund won' date=' i have a bit of a soft spot for them :o

Also, did anyone else hear the commentator say that 450,000 people applied for tickets for the game!? :eek:[/quote']

Yep I went to Germany on holiday and was in Dortmund in 2004 and tried to get tickets for a game but didn't, simply amazing fans absolutely fanatical, that was just seeing them in and around the ground...mentalists :P

Watching a home game on the Tv and seeing the sea of yellow is an amazing sight, like yourself got a soft spot for Dortmund so well pleased.

First German game i've watched in a few weeks. So glad Dortmund won' date=' i have a bit of a soft spot for them :o

[b']Also, did anyone else hear the commentator say that 450,000 people applied for tickets for the game!? [/b]:eek:

That's the Bundesliga for you! Phenomenal match from the 40-odd minutes I saw.

Cheers. Although I think I got a bit lucky with it because as you said it should've been at least 1-1 with the chances that Robben had.

Just reading these comments' date=' it sounded like an awesome game. I did manage to watch the first 15 mins or so before I switched over to the Arsenal game and there were already a few chances for Dortmund, so the rest of the game must've been awesome.[/b']

I think they still need 2 points to guarantee it. 8 points ahead with 3 to play?

It is still possible for Bayern to win but it would be a major catastrophe for Dortmund if it happened. I cant see Dortmund not getting 3 points against Kaiserslautern or Freiburg to be fair.

Guest Scout Maker

Was wondering if any of you could tell me a bit about Niko Bungert of Mainz. I recently bought him in a highly competitive EC as I saw he has the 2nd highest amount of minutes for Mainz so I think he should be a solid 87, but I was wondering if any of you thought he might increase in rating in the future?

Wow! Dortmund were so close to officially winning the title but Ribery just scored in the 90th for Bayern to make it 2-1. Looks like Dortmund will have to win against Monchengladbach now to secure the title.

Wow! Dortmund were so close to officially winning the title but Ribery just scored in the 90th for Bayern to make it 2-1. Looks like Dortmund will have to win against Monchengladbach now to secure the title.

Tbh, I prefer it that way. To become champions an hour before your own match starts kinda sucks. Imagine the players, they actually would like to party but still got a difficult fixture ahead. The fans in the stadium are more busy celebrating the title than pushing the own team forward. At least that ensures that we'll see a proper match between 2 motivated teams.

Tbh' date=' I prefer it that way. To become champions an hour before your own match starts kinda sucks. Imagine the players, they actually would like to party but still got a difficult fixture ahead. The fans in the stadium are more busy celebrating the title than pushing the own team forward. At least that ensures that we'll see a proper match between 2 motivated teams.[/quote']

Fair points. It will make the game worth watching.

Fantastic for Dortmund, really pleased to see them claim back the title, the last thing as neutral you want now is this team to be dismantled in the summer, highly doubt it though, they have a real enthusiastic coach (ran all the way to the corner flag to celebrate Kagawa's goal with the players!) along with a bunch of really talented players. How would you see them lining up next season with Reus's introduction?

Wiedenfieller

Pisczek Hummells Subotic Schmelzer

Gundogan Kehl

Reus Kagawa Gotze

Lewandowski

Barrios is rumoured to be leaving, so they could get a decent amount of money for him, really hope they sign ter Stegen sooner or later, that would be the heart of the defense sorted for the next 10+ years!

Fantastic for Dortmund' date=' really pleased to see them claim back the title, the last thing as neutral you want now is this team to be dismantled in the summer, highly doubt it though, they have a real enthusiastic coach (ran all the way to the corner flag to celebrate Kagawa's goal with the players!) along with a bunch of really talented players. How would you see them lining up next season with Reus's introduction?

[center']Wiedenfieller

Pisczek Hummells Subotic Schmelzer

Gundogan Kehl

Reus Kagawa Gotze

Lewandowski[/center]

Barrios is rumoured to be leaving, so they could get a decent amount of money for him, really hope they sign ter Stegen sooner or later, that would be the heart of the defense sorted for the next 10+ years!

I agree with the way youve lined it up, Gotze and Reus will be on the wings but I dont know who will go left and who will go right.

I agree with the way youve lined it up' date=' Gotze and Reus will be on the wings but I dont know who will go left and who will go right.[/quote']

Probably Gotze on the right as he always go on the right and Reus on the left...probably Klopp will put both to switch from right to left and left to right in game time.

Probably Gotze on the right as he always go on the right and Reus on the left...probably Klopp will put both to switch from right to left and left to right in game time.

True, that will be better. Reus can cut in on the left.

Bayer Leverkusen defender Michal Kadlec had his nose broken after a fight between him and a group of Cologne fans on Saturday night.

The Czech Republic international was out with friends in Cologne after his side's 1-0 win over Hoffenheim at the weekend, before an altercation ended with the former Sparta Prague man going to hospital.

"I was stunned," Kadlec told Express. "My nose was immediately bleeding heavily, and my friend was shocked.

"The men had shown themselves to be Cologne fans and started insulting me. Then, I felt a violent blow.

"It was something I have never seen, either in Cologne or my native Czech Republic."

Kadlec will have surgery on Monday, but hopes to play in Leverkusen's next game against Hannover using a protective mask over his face.

just read on soccerway that Dante is to join Bayern Munich at the end of the season after they matched his €4.7 and has agreed contract terms.. Dissapointed but totally understand that's a big move for him!

Everybody knew this from winter break....anyway Hoilett is linked with a move to Gladbach to replace Reus :D

Everybody knew this from winter break....anyway Hoilett is linked with a move to Gladbach to replace Reus :D

Was it confirmed back in Winter then I personally thought it was just very likely?

Hoilett would be great heard rumours of Xhaka as well any movement on that front? Haven't been keeping up with much football the last few weeks been busy with College and frustrated by Leeds so took a week or two off watching games :P

Hi All,

In my favorite team i have De Gea, Leno and Ter Stegan.

De Gea is obviously in front at the moment and at such a big club, can you see either of the others catching him or even over taking, in the not too distant future?

Hi All' date='

In my favorite team i have De Gea, Leno and Ter Stegan.

De Gea is obviously in front at the moment and at such a big club, can you see either of the others catching him or even over taking, in the not too distant future?[/quote']

Ter Stegen could become better than De Gea, both are very talented.

Leno? Nah... overrated in my opinion, or at least I rate him less that these two

Ter Stegen could become better than De Gea' date=' both are very talented.

Leno? Nah... overrated in my opinion, or at least I rate him less that these two[/quote']

Thanks, cheers for that. Good to know!