Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

How a flop XI cant have Muller in it I dont know.....

Considering his reputation and his performances they are totally mismatched in my opinion.

Rank awful most of the season, must unjustified 93 rated player on the game IMO, though it is just my humble opinion :)

How a flop XI cant have Muller in it I dont know.....

Considering his reputation and his performances they are totally mismatched in my opinion.

Rank awful most of the season' date=' must unjustified 93 rated player on the game IMO, though it is just my humble opinion :)[/quote']

He is still holding on to his rating from the world cup and I think deservedly, winning the golden boot is a great achievement but I think that a poor euros or/and continually being sub for Bayern and i think he should drop.

He is still holding on to his rating from the world cup and I think deservedly' date=' winning the golden boot is a great achievement but I think that a poor euros or/and continually being sub for Bayern and i think he should drop.[/quote']

That was 2 years ago :o

In the two years snce then how his performances warrant a 93 is for me totally unwarranted, granted he has a great record for the National side but for Bayern he has been average for some considerable time.

That was 2 years ago :o

In the two years snce then how his performances warrant a 93 is for me totally unwarranted' date=' granted he has a great record for the National side but for Bayern he has been average for some considerable time.[/quote']

What I'm saying though is if he has a good euros then maybe he deserves 93, purely on his international record alone, but if he does not perform well then I think he should be dropped

What I'm saying though is if he has a good euros then maybe he deserves 93' date=' purely on his international record alone, but if he does not perform well then I think he should be dropped[/quote']

Yes, if he preforms excellent again at EURO2012 + he has been a starter for Bayern all this time (usually), then the 93 can stay. So let's wait for that. :)

Rank awful most of the season' date=' must unjustified 93 rated player on the game IMO, though it is just my humble opinion :)[/quote']

I fully disagree, Pedro is - why didn't he drop to 92? Because even that is at least 1 too high. Some rised because they play instead of Pedro, but Pedro is sticking with 93? I don't get it. Müller must keep his 93 for sure until the EURO2012 and then we will see (and Pedro can drop then because he won't play for Spain either).

Yes' date=' if he preforms excellent again at EURO2012 + he has been a starter for Bayern all this time (usually), then the 93 can stay. So let's wait for that. :)

he has lost his starting spot at bayern to kroos lately and Bayern look a much better team for it,

I fully disagree, Pedro is - why didn't he drop to 92? Because even that is at least 1 too high. Some rised because they play instead of Pedro, but Pedro is sticking with 93? I don't get it. Müller must keep his 93 for sure until the EURO2012 and [b']then [/b]we will see (and Pedro can drop then because he won't play for Spain either).

Completely disagree with that statement.

In the last season Pedro scored 20 goals or there abouts and a simillar level of assists for a side who won almost everything certainly amuch much better contribution than Muller. This season Pedro has suffered after a long-term injury which is no fault of his own, he is starting to get back to where he wants to be but only natural it will take time where as Muller has been fit and well but just plain average for 2 seasons.

Anyhow this is a Bundesliga thread so anything further you can message me or summit dont wanna spam the thread.

Preliminary squad*

Draxler's in a 27 man squad of which 4 will need to be cut for the final squad. I'd imagine Draxler will be amongst those.

YES :D, how did someone like Kiessling not get in :confused:

YES :D' date=' how did someone like Kiessling not get in :confused:[/quote']

I guess Germany are blessed with plenty of good strikers. Odd that Cacau made the 27 ahead of him but, like Timo and Phil have been saying with the ter Stegen/Leno to Euro 2012 debates, perhaps Low prefers players he's had in the squad before?

I guess Germany are blessed with plenty of good strikers. Odd that Cacau made the 27 ahead of him but' date=' like Timo and Phil have been saying with the ter Stegen/Leno to Euro 2012 debates, perhaps Low prefers players he's had in the squad before?[/quote']

I personally feel like Leno should have made the preliminary squad but Low knows better :P

Didn't expect TS to be in the squad but deserving so due to his stand out performances in the league this year even upstaging Neuer twice,

You might be right that Low prefers players he's had in the squad, don't really know if that is the case because Kiessling was in the squad a couple of times and others

Tbh as long as Germany have Gotze in the final squad they've won the Euros as far as I am concerned, hopefully he gets a starting berth in the team ;)

I guess Germany are blessed with plenty of good strikers.

Well' date=' actually in Germany many don't see it like that.

Many are saying that the the forward position is covered quite good with Gomez and Klose on the one hand, but on the other too few youngsters can impose.

The "[i']Cacau to the Euro's[/i]" thing has also been hugely debated in German football forums as many don't understand this decision. Most would have liked to see Helmes joining the squad. And another big part hoped that Löw only takes 2 forwards to the Euro's in Gomez and Klose as players like Podolski, Reus or Müller could also play in that position.

In the end Löw yesterday explained that he expects our opponents to play more defensively against us. And as he sees Helmes more as a counterattack forward and Cacau as a player who can also play with less space, he nominated Cacau instead. So Löw thinks that Cacau would be the better sub player in tight games which I would agree with. Though Cacau often plays too selfish, he also has often the surprising moments.

Draxler's nomination certainly was a surprise but as Stuart already said: He is one of the players that will be cancelled in the end.

Interesting will be which goal keeper will be cancelled. Neuer of course is the number one. Though he might not have had his best season - especially regarding the fact, that Bayern paid a huge sum for him last summer - and despite the fact that Phil had him in his Flop XI, he still actually wasn't that bad. Worse in comparison to other keepers in Germany like Weidenfeller, Ulreich, ter Stegen or Leno, that's true. But in the end still solid. It's complaining on a high level in Germany, when saying that Neuer has been bad. I certainly don't have any problems with him being our no 1.

So 1 of Wiese, ter Stegen and Zieler will have to go. Most people will expect ter Stegen to be that one. He so far never have been invited to the national team. And also most expect that Wiese will be part of the team as no 2 for sure. But I still hope that Löw takes the chance and kicks Wiese out of the team, as his performances has even been worse than Neuer's IMO. It's just that you don't have the same medial attention at Bremen than at Bayern.

I moreover expect that 2 of Lars Bender, Sven Bender and Gündogan will have to stay at home. Though I'd love to see every of them taking part at the Euro's, it's just impossible as we only can take 23 players.

Here's the full preliminary squad for those who haven't seen it yet.

EM_Kader.jpg

Well' date=' actually in Germany many don't see it like that.

Many are saying that the the forward position is covered quite good with Gomez and Klose on the one hand, but on the other too few youngsters can impose.

The "[i']Cacau to the Euro's[/i]" thing has also been hugely debated in German football forums as many don't understand this decision. Most would have liked to see Helmes joining the squad. And another big part hoped that Löw only takes 2 forwards to the Euro's in Gomez and Klose as players like Podolski, Reus or Müller could also play in that position.

In the end Löw yesterday explained that he expects our opponents to play more defensively against us. And as he sees Helmes more as a counterattack forward and Cacau as a player who can also play with less space, he nominated Cacau instead. So Löw thinks that Cacau would be the better sub player in tight games which I would agree with. Though Cacau often plays too selfish, he also has often the surprising moments.

Draxler's nomination certainly was a surprise but as Stuart already said: He is one of the players that will be cancelled in the end.

Interesting will be which goal keeper will be cancelled. Neuer of course is the number one. Though he might not have had his best season - especially regarding the fact, that Bayern paid a huge sum for him last summer - and despite the fact that Phil had him in his Flop XI, he still actually wasn't that bad. Worse in comparison to other keepers in Germany like Weidenfeller, Ulreich, ter Stegen or Leno, that's true. But in the end still solid. It's complaining on a high level in Germany, when saying that Neuer has been bad. I certainly don't have any problems with him being our no 1.

So 1 of Wiese, ter Stegen and Zieler will have to go. Most people will expect ter Stegen to be that one. He so far never have been invited to the national team. And also most expect that Wiese will be part of the team as no 2 for sure. But I still hope that Löw takes the chance and kicks Wiese out of the team, as his performances has even been worse than Neuer's IMO. It's just that you don't have the same medial attention at Bremen than at Bayern.

I moreover expect that 2 of Lars Bender, Sven Bender and Gündogan will have to stay at home. Though I'd love to see every of them taking part at the Euro's, it's just impossible as we only can take 23 players.

Here's the full preliminary squad for those who haven't seen it yet.

EM_Kader.jpg

That midfield is AMAZING! :eek:

From a betting point of view How would you call this ? Who do you think will win the Home leg ?

German Bundesliga Relegation Playoffs [FIRST LEG]

Hertha Berlin v Fortuna Dusseldorf

I really fancy Hertha to win the first leg and they are available at near even money.

Anyone have thoughts?

Anyone have thoughts?

I certainly wouldn't bet any money on this game as IMO anything can happen.

On the one hand Hertha has been playing really bad - they only reached the relegation match as Köln has been even worse.

But on the other hand Hertha is playing at home and Düsseldorf weren't playing too great in the past few weeks, too.

If I would have to predict a result, I'd go for a draw in this match and Düsseldorf winning at home then.

No.. it just because Bayern can up their game in finals and the more important games I reckon :) Being a neutral venue can only help Bayern as well :)

Agree with you there :D i think most people still consider Bayern a strong team' date=' quality wise, too.

Predictions for the match today?

2-1 Dortmund ;)

Here's my prediction from SM predict ;)

Saturday 12th May

Borussia Dortmund 1-3 Bayern München (ESB)

Agree with you there :D i think most people still consider Bayern a strong team' date=' quality wise, too.

Here's my prediction from SM predict ;)[/quote']

If Gotze starts, then all hope is lost for Munich, I bet Neuer is dreading having to face Gotze ;)

Borussia Dortmund (4-2-3-1): Weidenfeller; Piszczek, Hummels, Subotic, Schmelzer; Kehl, Gundogan; Blaszczykowski, Kagawa, Grosskreutz; Lewandowski.

Subs: Langerak, Felipe Santana, Bender, Gotze, Leitner, Perisic, Barrios.

Bayern Munich (4-2-3-1): Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba; Schweinsteiger, Gustavo; Robben, Kroos, Ribery; Gomez.

Subs: Butt, Contento, Rafinha, Tymoshchuk, Pranjic, Muller, Olic.

Teams are in from Goal.com.

Magic27, Götze does not start, neither does Müller. Standard lineup from both sides, nothing much to say :D