Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Great match yesterday. Lovely to watch. And a fully deserved victory for Dortmund.

Did you now that...

• ... Bayern played 18 German cup finals and yesterday was only the 3rd one they lost? Before they lost against Uerdingen in 1985 and against Bremen on penalties in 1999.
  • ... the last time Bayern couldn't win one domestic title in two years in a row was in the seasons 1994/95 and 1995/96. Have a guess who became league champion twice in these 2 years. ;)

The most impressive thing to me wasn't that Dortmund scored 5 goals against Bayern. It was that they did this without actually having the better individual players. If I would compare both teams individually I would say that the teams are more or less equal - actually Bayern is individually a bit better. But the biggest difference can be found in the coaches. Whilst Heynckes continuously tries to beat Dortmund with playing the same style they always play (focussed on possession), Dortmund acts much more variable. They have shown this season that they either can make the running against defensive teams but also can play fast counters. And these fast counterattacks have been Bayern's demise. Bayern's weak point is their defence. And they have major problems if the opponent plays fast offensively. Of course only few teams do this against Bayern. But Dortmund did it in a perfect way.

Furthermore I think it's way easier to score against Dortmund, if you also play fast counters. Stuttgart showed this or Marseille in the CL. If you give them the time to form, like Bayern did, it's hard to score against such a good defence.

Let's hope that Dortmund can show their strengths finally in the CL next season, too. Even if Kagawa will really move to the PL, I still think that they have a brilliant offensive. Especially with Reus joining the team and Kuba keeping up his good form.

Now I'm really looking forward to the CL final. I'm curious if di Matteo will offer the right tactic to win against Bayern. I think he's capable of doing it.

But Bayern's big advantage is that they will play at home. And I'm sure that they now want to win this title desperately after losing twice domestically against Dortmund. They certainly don't want to be named "Runners-up Bayern".

Watched the final this morning, deliberetly avoiding the soccer sites so as not to know the score.

Amazing game in many respects not least bcause Dortmund have smashed Bayern and yet i didnt feel that they played that well :o

Goes to show that whilst bayern IMO have more talented individual players the sum of all your parts is more important. Dortmund are a well drilled machine and break with such verve and panache.

Some of the Bayern players particuarly Badstuber were plain awful last night, basics of defending were just non-existant, Alaba has impressed me recently but he was poor as well last night, what they would give to have a certain Mr Hummels back.

Pleased for Dortmund, what they have done there on a relatively miniscule budget is an amazing achievement and playing large parts of the season without Gotze. I just hope that they transfer this form into Europe and show how good they can be, whilst not good enough to really challenge for the Champions League I certainly think they are capable of being a Q/F side.

kagawa will be a loss, but with Reus to come in and the emergence of other talented players such as Gundogan (later in the season) return of Gotze they can be a force.

Fantastic season well deserved success well done Dortmund.

Just watching the play-off. Beister scored a screamer and is playing really well for Fortuna.

Is he expected to go back and play for Hamburg next season?

Yes, he is going back to Hamburg next season.

Last night's playoff was crazy. Never seen anything like it with the fans halting the game by running on to the pitch, and then they had to be pushed off the pitch, so the last minute of stoppage time could be played. Flares on the pitch too. It wasn't very well policed. Just glad it is over.

Borussia Mönchengladbach signs G. Xhaka on a 5 year contract.

Very good deal for Gladbach. With the departure of Reus, Dante and Neustädter I already expected them to do far worse next season. Now I'm a bit more convinced that they might do well in Bundesliga and CL next season, too, as they still have a top coach with Favre.

Borussia Mönchengladbach signs G. Xhaka on a 5 year contract.

Very good deal for Gladbach. With the departure of Reus' date=' Dante and Neustädter I already expected them to do far worse next season. Now I'm a bit more convinced that they might do well in Bundesliga and CL next season, too, as they still have a top coach with Favre.[/quote']

Very good signing, look forward to seeing him next season.

Anyone know what is the goalkeeping situation with Werder Bremen

Wiese now gone surely Mielitz wo'nt be good enough to start.

Because if so his rating on SM would rise nicely

Surely they are trying to buy a better keeper?

Anyone know what is the goalkeeping situation with Werder Bremen

Wiese now gone surely Mielitz wo'nt be good enough to start.

Because if so his rating on SM would rise nicely

Surely they are trying to buy a better keeper?

I once asked timelse about this. He read about the GK situation on the Bremen forum and the general view was that they won't be suprised if they bought a new keeper.

Just after seeing today Bremen brought in Raphael Wolf, gave new extended contract to Mielitz.

2 23 year olds vying for top spot and they signed 19 year old Richard Strebinger from hertha youth team

Süd means south. Südkurve is the part where people sit and/or stand that's most in the south.

Oryt cheers. My friend brought me a St Pauli scarf back from his travels in Germany. The words Sudkurve were on the scarf.

Mlapa, Xhaka and now Hoilett. Gladbach don't have much to worry about if you ask me. A couple more signing will do them well for next season, and the way they're going, for the future of the club. Looking forward to seeing them next season.

Mlapa' date=' Xhaka and now [b']Hoilett.[/b] Gladbach don't have much to worry about if you ask me. A couple more signing will do them well for next season, and the way they're going, for the future of the club. Looking forward to seeing them next season.

What? seriously,what a brilliant signing that would be :eek:.