Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

I hear that martinez is contributing to the fee by accepting reduced wages

Indeed he is,the fee is 30 Million euros but as he has took a wage cut amounting to million euros over the five years in his contract it triggered the 40 million euros clause in his contract.

I think 30 million euros is a far more realistic deal.

Whilst he is a very good player, i've seen him play at CB and he's nowhere near the same player he is when he plays at CM, which is his natural position imo. Liverpool were heavilly linked with him as a replacement for Alonso when he moved to madrid, i can't see martinez solving Bayerns defensive problems personally.

Whilst he is a very good player' date=' i've seen him play at CB and he's nowhere near the same player he is when he plays at CM, which is his natural position imo.[/b'] Liverpool were heavilly linked with him as a replacement for Alonso when he moved to madrid, i can't see martinez solving Bayerns defensive problems personally.

Agree with the bold, watched him play at CB nowhere near as good as CM, Bayern looking very strong, their squad is up their with Madrid ;)

Whilst he is a very good player' date=' i've seen him play at CB and he's nowhere near the same player he is when he plays at CM, which is his natural position imo. Liverpool were heavilly linked with him as a replacement for Alonso when he moved to madrid, i can't see martinez solving Bayerns defensive problems personally.[/quote']

He will most probably play as CM/DM for Bayern and replace Luiz Gustavo, for their defense Bayern will stick with Badstuber + Boateng/Dante in the centre and Lahm + Alaba for the wide positions.

If it's true actually...

He will most probably play as CM/DM for Bayern and replace Luiz Gustavo' date=' for their defense Bayern will stick with Badstuber + Boateng/Dante in the centre and Lahm + Alaba for the wide positions.

If it's true actually...[/quote']

Where will Gustav go? He's a machine.

Personally i think that Bayern has made quite a bad deal. The players itself is very good, no doubt about that, but 40 mil are way too much. I think Martinez is worth half of that money at most and im pretty sure that Bayern with 20 mil could and would have found a player with similar abilities. But then again, if they have money, they can spend it on who they want. I just think its an overally bad deal for Bayern.

Personally i think that Bayern has made quite a bad deal. The players itself is very good' date=' no doubt about that, but 40 mil are way too much. I think Martinez is worth half of that money at most and im pretty sure that Bayern with 20 mil could and would have found a player with similar abilities. But then again, if they have money, they can spend it on who they want. I just think its an overally bad deal for Bayern.[/quote']

It's probably a bad deal but Bayern are as stable as they come financially so the loss of cash won't hurt them badly, if at all.

If smart, they'll bench Boateng with or without Martinez. Dante+Badstuber, or one of them +Martinez, would be much better than with Boateng+anyone. Badstuber and Martinez in central defense, with Gustavo and Schweinsteiger as DM/CM's, would be a huge improvement compared to last season. Boateng is a liability.

He will most probably play as CM/DM for Bayern and replace Luiz Gustavo' date=' for their defense Bayern will stick with Badstuber + Boateng/Dante in the centre and Lahm + Alaba for the wide positions.

If it's true actually...[/quote']

Most likely that is what will happen, seems as though with the failed Bender bid, they've gone after Martinez instead.

62 minutes gone from the match in Pokal...Dortmund playing with their best(bar Hummels and Gotze who's replacing Reus right now)...Good game from Kuba and he scored aswell and what can I say about the legend?Reus scored and its enough.

62 minutes gone from the match in Pokal...Dortmund playing with their best(bar Hummels and Gotze who's replacing Reus right now)...Good game from Kuba and he scored aswell and what can I say about the legend?Reus scored and its enough.

3-0..Superb goal by Perisic.Anyway In bundesliga IMO the trio should be Reus-Gotze-Kuba..Still liking the new Dortmund(especially with Reus there) and expecting Schieber to be very good.

3-0..Superb goal by Perisic.Anyway In bundesliga IMO the trio should be Reus-Gotze-Kuba..Still liking the new Dortmund(especially with Reus there) and expecting Schieber to be very good.

I think you'll find the Goetze will be on the bench to start off with. He hasn't played much since returning from injury last season and I think Klopp will ensure he's fully fit and ready before starting him. So rather than Goetze, I suspect that Reus will play in Kagawa's role behind Lewandowski. Kuba and Grosskreutz/Perisic will play down the wide channels as part of the attacking trio, in front of Kehl/Gundogan and Sven Bender (once fit again).

Grosskreutz is better defensively so I think he'll play away or against stronger teams whilst Perisic is more offensive and will play when Klopp wants to attack. ;)

Herby

Yeah wolfsburg looks to be pretty good' date=' I wonder how much olic will produce this year

I heard Diego had some problems with Wolfsburg Management? :confused: Can any of you guys can explain the situation?[/quote']

NOt much to explain .... He's fat and unfit!!! :eek: Well according to Magarth anyway. lol :D

It's no secret that he doesn't like Diego much, thinks he's arrogant and his fitness level means that he's unable to play more than 60 mins (or so Magarth claims). I thought he'd move for sure but perhaps Wolfsburg are unable to offload him as I dare say his wages would be high. :o

Herby

The 50th Bundesliga season finally begins today.

I'm hoping for a good match.

The line-ups:

Dortmund:

Weidenfeller - Kirch, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Kehl - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

Bremen:

Mielitz - Gebre Selassie, Sokratis, Prödl, Ignjovski - Fritz - de Bruyne, Junuzovic, Hunt, Elia - Arnautovic

The 50th Bundesliga season finally begins today.

I'm hoping for a good match.

The line-ups:

Dortmund:

Weidenfeller - Kirch' date=' Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Gündogan, Kehl - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski[/indent']

Bremen:

Mielitz - Gebre Selassie, Sokratis, Prödl, Ignjovski - Fritz - de Bruyne, Junuzovic, Hunt, Elia - Arnautovic

...Who scored the first goal of this season?hmmm:rolleyes: