Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

A good first game. I cannot help but thinking that Dortmund looked average for most of the second half. Until the equalizer from Gebre Selassie with a nice deft header. Dortmund will need to play well for both halves, and to press further and score a second goal against some of the better teams.

A good first game. I cannot help but thinking that Dortmund looked average for most of the second half. Until the equalizer from Gebre Selassie with a nice deft header. Dortmund will need to play well for both halves' date=' and to press further and score a second goal against some of the better teams.[/quote']

Well,Selassie goal was a bit funny IMO.The cross was out IMO and all Dortmund players stopped from following the ball at all.They looked quite average because they had 1-0 and when they needed to push they scored.They didnt wanted to burn a lot of energy from 1st game at all.They have a hard match in next round aswell.

Thoroughly enjoyed Dortmund V Bremen last night. I think Marco Reus already looks a great player for Dortmund. His link up play with Lewandowski was excellent last night, as well as his movement and creativity. He is rapidly becoming one of my favourite players to watch in the Bundesliga.

It looks like Kirch will be the 2nd choice RB behind Pizceck this season, given Klopp's team selection last night, so it looks like Owomoyela will struggle for games.

Furth: Grun,Mavraj,Schmidtgal,Nehrig,Kleine,Furstner,Tyrala,Prib,Saraer,Klauss,Fall

Munich: Neuer,Dante,Boateng,Lahm,Badstuber,Robben,Shaqiri,Gustavo,Kroos,Mandzukic,Muller.

Gomez isnt fullfit yet...nice to see Shaqiri starting.

Well my channel that used to show La Liga now only shows Bundeslidga. Looks like I might have to watch alot more of German Football :o

I already read about this in another forum. The channel is GolTV, isn't it?

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed by the Bundesliga. For sure, La Liga has more top players - especially at Barcelona and Real. But the Bundesliga IMO is more entertaining as basically the matches are more equal (and even weaker teams have the realistic chance to beat the stronger ones).

I already read about this in another forum. The channel is GolTV' date=' isn't it?

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed by the Bundesliga. For sure, La Liga has more top players - especially at Barcelona and Real. But the Bundesliga IMO is more entertaining as basically the matches are more equal (and even weaker teams have the realistic chance to beat the stronger ones).[/quote']

I'd rather watch Reus then Messi+Ronaldo+Xavi+Iniesta+.....+ list goes on.

I already read about this in another forum. The channel is GolTV' date=' isn't it?

I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed by the Bundesliga. For sure, La Liga has more top players - especially at Barcelona and Real. But the Bundesliga IMO is more entertaining as basically the matches are more equal (and even weaker teams have the realistic chance to beat the stronger ones).[/quote']

Yeah it is GolTV and I wont be dissapointed at all really, I only watched the derbies anyways between Barca and Real :P

Ive been meaning to watch more german football since I saw my first Bundesliga game which was the Schalke v Dortmund game :D

I couldnt catch the Leverusken vs Frankfurt because of the Newcastle-Chelsea game ,but I am pretty sure I can catch the Stuttgart vs Wolfsburg game.

I couldnt catch the Leverusken vs Frankfurt because of the Newcastle-Chelsea game ' date='but I am pretty sure I can catch the Stuttgart vs Wolfsburg game.[/quote']

Well, if I had the choice between Leverkusen-Frankfurt and Newcastle-Chelsea, even I would choose the English match.

Stuttgart against Wolfsburg might be a good game and as I'm Stuttgart fan, it's a must-watch for me. However Stuttgart will have to improve as they played bad against Dynamo Moscow last Wednesday.

Well' date=' if I had the choice between Leverkusen-Frankfurt and Newcastle-Chelsea, even I would choose the English match.

Stuttgart against Wolfsburg might be a good game and as I'm Stuttgart fan, it's a must-watch for me. However Stuttgart will have to improve as they played bad against Dynamo Moscow last Wednesday.[/quote']

Haha Yeah. Its interesting that Wolfsburg has had alot of changes and its nice to see Diego getting the start. They seem like an interesting team with Olic, Dost, and Diego.

How do you feel Harnik will do this year? I have him in an competiive set-up and its the first time Ive watched him.

WHAT A MISS!

Haha Yeah. Its interesting that Wolfsburg has had alot of changes and its nice to see Diego getting the start. They seem like an interesting team with Olic' date=' Dost, and Diego.

How do you feel Harnik will do this year? I have him in an competiive set-up and its the first time Ive watched him.

WHAT A MISS![/quote']

I think Harnik will do well but I doubt he will score as many goals as last season. But he is a favourite of the fans and he hasn't that much competition on his position. He should play regular and in terms of SM he might have a chance to rise to 89.

Offside-goal of Stuttgart while I was typing. Really tough but it actually was offside.

I myself am impressed by Traore so far. He is doing well on the left wing.

Don't suppose anyone can tell me more about a new and regular Bundesliga highlights show that is to be aired on ITV4 on Monday nights, starting Monday the 27th at 10pm? Will this just be like the highlights show that was on ESPN last season, or will this have pundits and presenters, etc?

I'm a bit suprised ITV4 would buy a highlights package from the Bundesliga without showing any Bundesliga games live. For instance, when BBC bought the football league show from ITV, they also got the rights to show some Championship matches live, so I wonder if ITV4 will show a few Bundesliga games? It would be fantastic if they could, as it would be free of course!

Another reason why I think perhaps ITV4 may follow up this highlights package with live games is BT. With BT taking over from ESPN in a couple of seasons in showing Premier League games, ESPN (in the UK, not the USA) may perhaps be shut down, because there would be very little demand for their channel, given the fact there will be next to no British teams / games on there. My theory therefore is with ITV4 buying this highlights package that they will show Bundesliga games live, as well as highlights, as ESPN would sell on the rights for Bundesliga games, just like they have for Premier League games to BT?

However, with all due respect to ITV4 and a league I love in the Bundesliga, I don't think that them showing live games would work. Channel 5 for instance showed Serie A games on a Sunday in the UK, but people would obviously rather watch English Premier League games, and so Channel 5 stopped broadcasting games of Serie A, due to low demand and this meant it was a waste of money. I could see the same happening to the Bundesliga if ITV4 did show live games, as people would just choose the Premier League and Sky Sports and BT (in the future) over it.

Does anyone know the answer to all this? Thanks.

Don't suppose anyone can tell me more about a new and regular Bundesliga highlights show that is to be aired on ITV4 on Monday nights' date=' starting Monday the 27th at 10pm? Will this just be like the highlights show that was on ESPN last season, or will this have pundits and presenters, etc?

I'm a bit suprised ITV4 would buy a highlights package from the Bundesliga without showing any Bundesliga games live. For instance, when BBC bought the football league show from ITV, they also got the rights to show some Championship matches live, so I wonder if ITV4 will show a few Bundesliga games? It would be fantastic if they could, as it would be free of course!

Another reason why I think perhaps ITV4 may follow up this highlights package with live games is BT. With BT taking over from ESPN in a couple of seasons in showing Premier League games, ESPN (in the UK, not the USA) may perhaps be shut down, because there would be very little demand for their channel, given the fact there will be next to no British teams / games on there. My theory therefore is with ITV4 buying this package that they will show Bundesliga games when BT take over ESPN's Premier League games?

However, with all due respect to ITV4 and a league I love in the Bundesliga, I don't think that showing live games would work. Channel 5 for instance showed Serie A games on a Sunday in the UK, but people would obviously rather watch English Premier League games, and so Channel 5 stopped broadcasting games of Serie A, due to low demand and this meant it was a waste of money. I could see the same happening to the Bundesliga if ITV4 did show live games, as people would just choose the Premier League and Sky Sports and BT (in the future) over it.

Does anyone know the answer to all this? Thanks.[/quote']

I'd imagine It'd just be like the Highlights show on ESPN at this moment in time but I have no idea,I actually think that at some stage they might show the Bundesliga live,I think the Friday Night game the Bundesliga have live on ITV 1 could work fantastically well,very little or no competition in the way from English Football and would attract a primetime audience.

I'd imagine this could be a plausible sideline because otherwise as you say it seems like a pointless addition,I'll be watching it anyway mind you and seeing if the pundits etc are any different from normal.

Also the Itallian football on Channel 5 simply didn't work because it was Channel 5,it was on Channel 4 for a very very long time and was extremely popular during that period (It's why I adopted Roma as a second team for a while in my Childhood,I even bought a kit!!.),and this was on for a long run of time and was traditionally on a Sunday evening before there was English games on during this time period.

I think ITV may be looking long term at getting regular football on free to air TV with the Bundesliga and the Friday Night coverage to have little competition from Sky like Channel 4 did.

I might be completely wrong but that's my theory anyway :P,I'd love to see it happen.

I'd imagine It'd just be like the Highlights show on ESPN at this moment in time but I have no idea' date='I actually think that at some stage they might show the Bundesliga live,I think the Friday Night game the Bundesliga have live on ITV 1 could work fantastically well,very little or no competition in the way from English Football and would attract a primetime audience.

I'd imagine this could be a plausible sideline because otherwise as you say it seems like a pointless addition,I'll be watching it anyway mind you and seeing if the pundits etc are any different from normal.

Also the Itallian football on Channel 5 simply didn't work because it was Channel 5,it was on Channel 4 for a very very long time and was extremely popular during that period (It's why I adopted Roma as a second team for a while in my Childhood,I even bought a kit!!.),and this was on for a long run of time and was traditionally on a Sunday evening before there was English games on during this time period.

I think ITV may be looking long term at getting regular football on free to air TV with the Bundesliga and the Friday Night coverage to have little competition from Sky like Channel 4 did.

I might be completely wrong but that's my theory anyway :P,I'd love to see it happen.[/quote']

Talking about ESPN is it possible to get ESPN 2 & 3 in the U.K?

I'd imagine It'd just be like the Highlights show on ESPN at this moment in time but I have no idea' date='I actually think that at some stage they might show the Bundesliga live,I think the Friday Night game the Bundesliga have live on ITV 1 could work fantastically well,very little or no competition in the way from English Football and would attract a primetime audience.

I might be completely wrong but that's my theory anyway :P,I'd love to see it happen.[/quote']

Thanks for that theory. And, yes, I agree with you, it would be fantastic to see Bundesliga games live on ITV. Especially Friday night games, as there are no Premier League games on that day. Fingers crossed for that.

If there are pundits on the Bundesliga highlights show on ITV4, what odds can I get on one of them being Didi Hamann?! :D He is always on when there is a German side on TV!

Noticed Sakai hasn't played for Hannover yet' date=' is he worth signing? I have a £3m bid accepted on him and wondering whether he is worth it.[/quote']

That will be because Hannover are playing their first league game of the season as I type! He did not get in the squad for the game, so I'd save the money and buy some other players just for now if I were you.

That will be because Hannover are playing their first league game of the season as I type! He did not get in the squad for the game' date=' so I'd save the money and buy some other players just for now if I were you.[/quote']Yes i know, but he hasn't featured in either of their two competitive games in the DFB Pokal and Europa League. If i withdraw my offer ill lose out on him all together as he'll go to another club. So its kind of now or (probably) never.

Yes i know' date=' but he hasn't featured in either of their two competitive games in the DFB Pokal and Europa League. If i withdraw my offer ill lose out on him all together as he'll go to another club. So its kind of now or (probably) never.[/quote']

Well, I personally would buy him.

From what I've heard he is considered as a very big prospect in Japan and I'm sure he can show it in the Bundesliga, too. However as he got injured during the Olympics, he still isn't fit enough to play.

However I'd ask you (and every other user) to use one of the Bundesliga rating threads in the player ratings subforum for SM related questions as I'd wish to keep SM related topics out of this thread. ;)