Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11

Of course. You're 100% right. All games of Stuttgart so far have been poor. However if Cacau doesn't miss the penalty today in the first half the match will be completely different. But nevertheless Stuttgart have massive problems in the central defense and though they have the quality in the central midfield they still have problems in the coordination. This urgently needs to be improved.

I wasn't to impressed by the partnership of Cacau and Marica today. Both thought that this would be three, easy points. Practically the whole team didn't even bother to play to their fullest (execpt the central-midfield, as you mentioned). I was hoping to see Harnik upfront today, beacuse he has looked impressive during the pre-season, which Marica, Pogreb, and Cacau (?) haven't been doing.

So there it is: Sebastian Rudy to Hoffenheim. He is very talented, but the moneys talked and 6M € was to much for Stuttgart to not reject. I had a feeling that he would leave Stuttgart when I first heard those news beacuse 6M € is a high price for a guy who is indeed talented, but haven't played so much in the Bundesliga. To be honest, I really thought this year would be the year Rudy could prove his worth in the VfB dress. I mean, the competitions for his spot in Stuttgart is though, but the depth isn't that deep and with all the injuries and games that'll occur during this season, he'd get many chances. Ah well, I guess he is following the steps of several players including as: Weis, Beck, Compper and Jaissle, as they also left Stuttgart for Hoffenheim.

So there it is: Sebastian Rudy to Hoffenheim. He is very talented' date=' but the moneys talked and 6M € was to much for Stuttgart to not reject. I had a feeling that he would leave Stuttgart when I first heard those news beacuse 6M € is a high price for a guy who is indeed talented, but haven't played so much in the Bundesliga. To be honest, I really thought this year would be the year Rudy could prove his worth in the VfB dress. I mean, the competitions for his spot in Stuttgart is though, but the depth isn't [i']that[/i] deep and with all the injuries and games that'll occur during this season, he'd get many chances. Ah well, I guess he is following the steps of several players including as: Weis, Beck, Compper and Jaissle, as they also left Stuttgart for Hoffenheim.

On the one hand I'm a bit sad as he is really a talented player but he seemed to have problems to break through at Stuttgart so the move might have been the best deciscion.

On the other hand it's a win-win-win situation.

Hoffenheim gets a good talented player.

Stuttgart gets more money he is currently worth.

And Rudy will get more game time at Hoffenheim than he got at Stuttgart.

But NOW Stuttgart need to reinvest the money.

Btw. Boulharouz's match was ill-omened even before the game began.

It was his shot in the video.

yN7sSbOeZy4

Are Ze Roberto and Marco Russ worth keeping?

As explained in the first post I won't answer on SM questions here. Please ask in the Bundesliga thread in the Player Rating section.

This may sound a bit pedantic but I really wish to keep this thread clean of SM things.

Also is Dennis Diekmeier a starter for Hamburg?

Even if you probably want to know it SM wise I will answer on this one here, to show where I draw the line for what questions can be asked here.

So yes, he would be a starter, but currently he is injured and will be out for ~ 2 weeks.

Even if the EL matches of this week haven't been played yet, it's time to post the 2nd turn of the Bundesliga - especially as I don't know how much time I'll have to post tomorrow ;)

2nd turn (27/08 - 29/08)

spieltag.jpg

In this turn I can't really see a top game - maybe VfB against Dortmund, but I currently struggle calling Stuttgart a top team of the Bundesliga. Nevertheless it will be very interesting, especially for Phil and me.

But concerning the other matches I really do hope that Lautern will beat Bayern on the Betzenberg (nickname of the stadium of Kaiserslautern). This certainly would be a great surprise.

Further Schalke plays against Hannover. Honestly I don't like both teams so I guess I'd be happy with a draw in the game.

And as promised here is

My personal matchday prediction

tipp.jpg

Feel free to make your own predictions again as you did last time. I'll count them then again.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Of course I also want to keep you up to date with the current transfers/rumours.

Last (important) transfers:

Rudy
moved from
Stuttgart
to
Hoffenheim

Eduardo
left
Hoffenheim
and joined
Rubin Kasan

Risse
went on loan from
Leverkusen
to
Mainz

Sarpei
moved from
Leverkusen
to
Schalke

Last (important) rumours:

Ciprian Deac (CFR Cluj)
may join
Schalke
as new no. 10. The transfer may be completed even today.

Once again
Diego
almost joined
Wolfsburg
. Is it seriously this time?

As explained in the first post I won't answer on SM questions here. Please ask in the Bundesliga thread in the Player Rating section.

This may sound a bit pedantic but I really wish to keep this thread clean of SM things.

Even if you probably want to know it SM wise I will answer on this one here' date=' to show where I draw the line for what questions can be asked here.

So yes, he would be a starter, but currently he is injured and will be out for ~ 2 weeks.[/quote']

Oh sorry mate didn't realise I will delete my post and move it to the right place.

Wolfsborg ftw!:D

Diego joins Wolfsborg for just 15 million euros. Hope Juventus get relegated. They hope to replace Diego with Alberto 'sicknote' Aquilani who even when fit is not even half as good:rolleyes:

Steve McClaren's bringing in some good players there. Question is, can he translate the success he had with FC Twente on to a bigger a tougher stage that is the Bundesliga? I think so, and he remains my dark horse as the next Man Utd manager, despite his short-comings as England manager.

Wolfsborg ftw!:D

Diego joins Wolfsborg for just 15 million euros. Hope Juventus get relegated. They hope to replace Diego with Alberto 'sicknote' Aquilani who even when fit is not even half as good:rolleyes:

Even though I'm not a Juve fan, I could honestly cry when I heard Diego is going to the Wolfs. Last week, everyone in Juve denied Diego was going to Wolfsburg, but a week later, they sell him for ''only'' 15M €! He was the best player under the whole pre-season for Juve and to be honest, I didn't recognize him as a flop last year. I really hope these reports aren't true, but Hoeness has said that you can count Diego as a Wolfsburg player by now, so it's likely this is true :(

Not in the best mood at the moment :(

Wolfsburg confirmed the move of Diego on their homepage.

The Bundesliga has another attraction.

Juve have now confirmed the transfer as well.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.juventus.com%2Fsite%2Fita%2FNEWS_newsseriea_4CAFC111A7B9473C9C0860193B4FAE38.asp

Wolfsburg confirmed the move of Diego on their homepage.

The Bundesliga has another attraction.

NOT happy with this. Diego showed during the pre-season why Juve pay that amount of moneys for him a year ago. Last week' date=' Marotta, Del Neri and Diego himself said that he was staying at Juve and Diego also said he want to show the Juve fans what he can do. Marotta is just a.... for doing this, and I'm sure the Juve fans is angry on him now. Can't really believe he is doing this, and the worst thing is that I starts to sound like a Juve support, which I totally not am. I am just a big fan of Diego, and I truly hope Fabio Quagliarella replaces him at Juve well :)

This is the Bundesliga how I like it:

Bayern is the better team against Kaiserslautern and Müller misses a big, big chance. Then Olic also misses one.

And shortly after that, Kaiserslautern score twice in 2 minutes (Ilicevic and Lakic). The first goal was even a great one. Nicely smashed in.

Bayern is the better team against Kaiserslautern and Müller misses a big' date=' big chance. Then Olic also misses one.

And shortly after that, Kaiserslautern score twice in 2 minutes (Ilicevic and Lakic). The first goal was even a great one. Nicely smashed in.[/quote']

I was just having this feeling that Kaiserslautern would beat Bayern :D

Huntelaar and Miske (Misimovic) should be Schalke player soon. Huntelaar has been hunted by Magath throughout this summer, and now when Milan are desperate to sell him, I believe he'll come to Schalke. Milan and Schalke are negotiating the fee (Schalke wants to pay 13M € whilst Milan wants 15M €). Personally, I believe that if Huntelaar comes to Germany he'll do good and could even perhaps chase for the topscorer title in his first-season at Schalke. Misimovic has also been an long-term hunt for Magath, and now when Misimovic has said that he would love to work with Magath and now when the Wolfs has bought Diego (:(), I believe he'll join Schalke. If Misimovic doesn't come to Schalke, it's been reported that Schalke will go for VdV, who Real Madrid has said can go for 10M €.

And btw, Magath has been on his scouting hunt again and bought Ciprian Deac :D

Bayern is the better team against Kaiserslautern and Müller misses a big' date=' big chance. Then Olic also misses one.

And shortly after that, Kaiserslautern score twice in 2 minutes (Ilicevic and Lakic). The first goal was even a great one. Nicely smashed in.[/quote']

To be fair to Muller the majority of strikers would have went for it but if he just squared it things would probably be a lot different. That Ilicevic goal was very nice and the second half should be interesting.

I was just having this feeling that Kaiserslautern would beat Bayern :D

Huntelaar and Miske (Misimovic) should be Schalke player soon. Huntelaar has been hunted by Magath throughout this summer' date=' and now when Milan are desperate to sell him, I believe he'll come to Schalke. Milan and Schalke are negotiating the fee (Schalke wants to pay 13M € whilst Milan wants 15M €). Personally, I believe that if Huntelaar comes to Germany he'll do good and could even perhaps chase for the topscorer title in his first-season at Schalke. Misimovic has also been an long-term hunt for Magath, and now when Misimovic has said that he would love to work with Magath and now when the Wolfs has bought Diego (:(), I believe he'll join Schalke. If Misimovic doesn't come to Schalke, it's been reported that Schalke will go for VdV, who Real Madrid has said can go for 10M €.

And btw, Magath has been on his scouting hunt again and bought Ciprian Deac :D[/quote']

Though I'm still convinced that Schalke should take care in spending their money as they are already high in debt, I have to say that with Raul, Huntelaar & Misimovic/vdV they really have the quality they need to compete for the top 3 in the Bundesliga.

You know, I always thought Bayern didn't know what to do with the ball. I mean, against Wolfsburg they dominated the game aswell (especially in thr 2nd half), but they missed way to many chances, and they seemed kind of relaxed at the defence thinking that there is nothing to worry about, we dominated the game and will have no problems to score some more goals, but then, after a mistake by Butt (if I remember right), the Wolfs gets a corner and they score on it, and there were loads of mistakes by the defence of Bayern that night. Last night, they had the exact same problems - They had the possesion, but didn't score on them and the defence was sleeping once again at both goals yesterday.

Though I'm still convinced that Schalke should take care in spending their money as they are already high in debt' date=' I have to say that with Raul, Huntelaar & Misimovic/vdV they really have the quality they need to compete for the top 3 in the Bundesliga.[/quote']

I agree, but Magath is desperate of building a team that could compete in the CL, so I'm sure he finally wants to buy players who are proven on this level.

The second turn hasn't completed yet but it's already sure that the Bundesliga started with some surprises.

Who would have expected ...

• Kaiserslautern and Hoffenheim being first after the first two match days? Especially as they played against Bayern respectively Bremen in one of their matches.
  • Hannover and Mainz under the top 5 with 6 points each and Hannover beating Schalke or Mainz beating Wolfsburg and Stuttgart?
  • Schalke and Wolfsburg having no point after 2 turns?

Me certainly not.

Very impressive was Mainz yesterday. After Dzeko scored twice and Diego made his first goal for his new club, the match seemed to be decided. But then Mainz turned up and scored 4 goals. Great.

The second turn hasn't completed yet but it's already sure that the Bundesliga started with some surprises.

Who would have expected ...

• Kaiserslautern and Hoffenheim being first after the first two match days? Especially as they played against Bayern respectively Bremen in one of their matches.
  • Hannover and Mainz under the top 5 with 6 points each and Hannover beating Schalke or Mainz beating Wolfsburg and Stuttgart?
  • Schalke and Wolfsburg having no point after 2 turns?

Me certainly not.

Very impressive was Mainz yesterday. After Dzeko scored twice and Diego made his first goal for his new club' date=' the match seemed to be decided. But then Mainz turned up and scored 4 goals. Great.[/quote']

I just had the feeling Kaiserslautern would beat Bayern yesterday, and I was right aswell :D

Schalke are having some problems: Their attack is non-existing (Bar Farfan), and their defence looks very shaky. I'm still not convinced by the wing-back nor Metzelder. Rafinha, Bordon and Westermann have certainly not been replaced well.

Wolfsburg stopped playing football after the third goal, and they got teached a lesson - Never stop playing football under a match. Is McClaren even a coach? He couldn't fire up his own players!

You know' date=' I always thought Bayern didn't know what to do with the ball. I mean, against Wolfsburg they dominated the game aswell (especially in thr 2nd half), but they missed way to many chances, and they seemed kind of relaxed at the defence thinking that there is nothing to worry about, we dominated the game and will have no problems to score some more goals, but then, after a mistake by Butt (if I remember right), the Wolfs gets a corner and they score on it, and there were loads of mistakes by the defence of Bayern that night. Last night, they had the exact same problems - They had the possesion, but didn't score on them and the defence was sleeping once again at both goals yesterday.

I agree, but Magath is desperate of building a team that could compete in the CL, so I'm sure he finally wants to buy players who are proven on this level.[/quote']

I like Magath but his transfer policy bewilders me at times to be honest,I could understand him bringing Raul in as on a free there wasn't many strikers as good as him available,if he brings in Huntelaar then that's great but surely Raul can just do the same job? I know Raul is older but he never had great pace and his probably one of the best goal poachers I've ever seen,I think the problem with attack is that aside from Farfan we have no pace to stretch the opposition's backline and I think he should use Jendrisek instead of Edu to be honest,he seems to have bought a lot of players on the cheap and then instead of spending £14 Million euros on Huntelaar I'd have rather us kept Westermann and spent £7 Million euros on a striker instead,I can completely understand him signing Misimovic as we lack creativity and if Magath can get him back to anywhere near the kind of form he was playing under Magath at Wolfsburg it will be brilliant,to me it seems obvious that we need a centre half as Metzelder looks past it and playing Matip as a defender isn't something that I think is great either,I could easily see Huntelaar coming in and doing great and been the Bundesliga top scorer but I'd rather see us boost the squad as I don't think it's good enough at the moment.

I'm also concerned that with our debt I'd rather Schalke not be spending so much on a player like Huntelaar and feel we might need to get back into the Champions League to make the deal viable and therefore that's a risk I wouldn't want Schalke to take.

I can completely understand him signing Misimovic

Dieter Hoeness - the manager of Wolfsburg - said that if they will sell Misimovic, they'll only sell him abroud. It may be a strategy to push the transfer fee but actually Wolfsburg have enough money due to Volkswagen.

I like Magath but his transfer policy bewilders me at times to be honest' date='I could understand him bringing Raul in as on a free there wasn't many strikers as good as him available,if he brings in Huntelaar then that's great but surely Raul can just do the same job? I know Raul is older but he never had great pace and his probably one of the best goal poachers I've ever seen,I think the problem with attack is that aside from Farfan we have no pace to stretch the opposition's backline and I think he should use Jendrisek instead of Edu to be honest,he seems to have bought a lot of players on the cheap and then instead of spending £14 Million euros on Huntelaar I'd have rather us kept Westermann and spent £7 Million euros on a striker instead,I can completely understand him signing Misimovic as we lack creativity and if Magath can get him back to anywhere near the kind of form he was playing under Magath at Wolfsburg it will be brilliant,to me it seems obvious that we need a centre half as Metzelder looks past it and playing Matip as a defender isn't something that I think is great either,I could easily see Huntelaar coming in and doing great and been the Bundesliga top scorer but I'd rather see us boost the squad as I don't think it's good enough at the moment.

I'm also concerned that with our debt I'd rather Schalke not be spending so much on a player like Huntelaar and feel we might need to get back into the Champions League to make the deal viable and therefore that's a risk I wouldn't want Schalke to take.[/quote']

Jendrisek would have done good on a flank, and I agree that he needs to be used more, beacuse he has the pace, but to bad Magath insists on not playing him unless they played a 'stronger' side where they need to rely on counter-attacks, and therefore his pace would have been really useful. Personally, I'd play Raul right behind Huntelaar, as I believe Raul's strengthness now are his vision and good passes and he could aswell bang in goals when the goals are needed. What I'm trying to say is that Raul isn't that strong, and with Schalke playing often with one man upfront, the upfront-striker needs to be strong, and with Huntelaar used to playing in that role and has proven that he can handle it, I'd love to see Huntelaar upfront with Raul playing right behind him.

Misimovic has been great these past seasons at Wolfsburg and it must be irritating for him to be left of outside of the matchday squad now, beacuse he has done nothing wrong, and if he has, it's beacuse he has been playing good football :rolleyes:

I don't trust in Metzelder and to be honest, he destroyed his career while sitting on the bench at Madrid. He lost his place in the German NT and he lost everything that he used to be good at before. I bet the Dortmund fans must be laughing at him now. As much as I adore Magath, I cannot help to understand the sale of Westermann. From the reports I've heard, Westermann, himself, said to Magath that he wished to be transferred to Hamburg. I can only understand this transfer if Magath is that kind of coach who sells his players if they don't want to stay at his club. If that's the case, I totally understand the sale of Westermann.

Dieter Hoeness - the manager of Wolfsburg - said that if they will sell Misimovic' date=' they'll only sell him abroud. It may be a strategy to push the transfer fee but actually Wolfsburg have enough money due to Volkswagen.[/quote']

I hate Hoeness, I truly do. He is a good general manager, but he must be a pain in the butt (couldn't say the other word, so I know it sounds silly) for the other teams that are trying to get ''his'' players. I mean, Juve wanted to buy Dzeko from Wolfsburg, but Hoeness comes out after a few days and says, Dzeko isn't for sale and then a few weeks after, Juve loses to Diego (:() to Wolfsburg. Now, he don't want to sell Misimovic to another German club (smart thing by Hoeness beacuse he knows how good Misimovic is), and instead wants to sell him for some smaller club outside of Germany. Even though Misimovic and Schalke (Magath) wants him so badly, he goes against both wishes.

Smart general manager, or a pain in the butt, call him whatever you want.

Schalke have signed Huntelaar for 10.5m (I'm guessing Euros but my link says £s :P).

Nope it's £10.5 Million which is about 12 Million Euros,Atletico Madrid have confirmed they have agreed the same fee for Jurado to move to Schalke which I'm delighted with,there's nothing wrong with either of the signings but something tells me that Schalke may not be able to afford it:o.