Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

People ridiculed me the other day when I said the Bundesliga was on course to become the least interesting of the top four Leagues but look at what has happened since.

It is ok quoting how many winners in the past etc blah blah but it aint about the past it is about the present and the past has no relevence to the future.

The fact is Bayern already are a million miles in front of everybody else in the Bundesliga and now the only REALISTIC challengers to them has sold there best player to them and more than likely going to lose there star striker possibly to them as well is shocking.

Bayern Munich are phenomenal and already are waltzing the league and now add the fact that they appear capable to cherry pick from there closest rivals and you just cannot see anyway for things to change. No other German club can match there financial clout or deal with the commercial juggernaught that Bayern are.

If anybody can really see anybody else getting anywhere near them over the course of a season when you look at the squad (which is extrodinary) and the other factors I mention I think your mental.

It is not Bayern's problem but it is a problem for the Bundesliga if one side becomes THAT dominant as appears to be the case here it is not good for the League, it is not good for any league.

You do worry if this will be the start of the break-up of the Dortmund side, others will look at Gotze leaving and I would not be surprised if Hummels thinks it may be time for a change as well especially knowing the kinda clubs that would be interested in him and the vastly superior wages he could achieve with a move.

If anybody else wins the Bundesliga in the next few years I will eat my hat, and I love my hat :)

Who will replace Gotze next year ?

No one will fully replace him.

As for Bayern, I'd be more inclined the think they'd go for Lewandowski than Suarez. I know there's all this hoo ha about their president, but I've always got the impression that their very image conscious as a club

If anybody else wins the Bundesliga in the next few years I will eat my hat' date=' and I love my hat :)[/quote']

That hat's gonna be safe for a long long time in fact you might even wear the thing out it could be that long! Bayern have changed the landscape of German football and will be untouchable for a long time.

Great for them but not good for the development of the Bundesliga.

[...]If anybody can really see anybody else getting anywhere near them over the course of a season when you look at the squad (which is extrodinary) and the other factors I mention I think your mental.

I certainly see where you are coming from.

I would even go a bit further: There won't be a team being able to compete with Bayern realistically for the next 10 years at least.

Bayern are financially the strongest team in the league by far and now they won't have to pay further deferred payments for the stadium' date=' they're getting even wealthier.

So it would be fanciful to think that there will be a team competing with them on a realistic base. Dortmund has the right premises to become such a team once. But this will take lots of time and many CL participations (where you get the real money from) as well as a good management. Moreover they will have to face setbacks like the Götze transfer to the big rival and they'll have to show that these setbacks don't weight to much in spending the money for other talents that will fit in seamlessly with their philosophy.

It is not Bayern's problem but it is a problem for the Bundesliga if one side becomes THAT dominant as appears to be the case here it is not good for the League, it is not good for any league.

I agree. However even as a Bundesliga fan I don't fear the future.

You are assuming that Bayern will become dominant in the league and here I'd kindly disagree. Bayern might become even more dominant (squad-wise) next season but actually Bayern have dominated the league for ages already.

I remember quite well Bayern winning the double in 2005 and in 2006. They seemed to be unstoppable. And surprisingly Stuttgart won in 2007 the league and Bayern haven't even qualified for CL.

Then Bayern of course invested huge amounts on the transfer market. They brought in Ribery, Toni and Klose and people were saying exactly the same as they are saying now with Götze moving to Bayern. "They'll be unbeatable in the league".

And Bayern dominated the league in 2008 clearly and became champions with 10 points leading. But in 2009 already Wolfsburg surprised the whole league and outclassed Bayern.

So once again Bayern had to invest. They bought Gomez and Robben and once again they seemed to be unbelievable strong. They again became champions in 2010.

However I don't have to tell you who became champions in 2011 and 2012.

I'm clearly not trying to argue that the league won't be boring as it hasn't been in the past. I can't guarantee that. I just don't believe Bayern will be that dominating (like this season) in the future as I have thought similarly before many times and there always have been other teams surprising.

Maybe we even see a team surprising us and winning against Bayern in the cup final this season already ;)

To join a superior team?
He went for a superior team of course and he will most likely be a starter already for the squad in attacking mid with Muller n Ribery on the wings.

To be honest, I would expect him to be a bit more loyal to Dortmund. Did he move because the release clause fee was met, or because He wanted to go?

I guess the number 10 of Robben is reserved for Gotze next year.