Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

timesle

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

I can understand why you right it off - but you cannot go on previous actions with a new manager like Pep coming in' date=' until he actually arrives and sets things in motion.[/quote']

The club has and will always be bigger than the manager. If Pep wants to do that stuff, he can bugger right off again.

I was just posting what I read on Neymar, Do I think he will go to Bayern? Not really but TBH you can never say never as Neymar is reportedly the most marketable sports athlete on the planet (2nd year running - (http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_insights/brazilian_star_neymar_retains_title_of_worlds_most_marketable_athlete/)

And would recoup a fair chunk of his transfer fee through marketing and merchandise, his contract situation of who owns what percentage etc is another matter, myself I would love to see him go to Germany for the global attention it would bring to Bayern and the Bundesliga, now and throughout the World Cup in Brazil.

Anyway I am off back to the circus to try and find some other gossip/transfer stories as I do love this time of year.

Anyway I am off back to the circus to try and find some other gossip/transfer stories as I do love this time of year.

I used to love this time of the year too as in Germany, the rumours were half-decent. They weren't outlandish and there weren't heaps. If you read something on kicker or so, you knew that it was likely to happen / has been thoroughly looked at / talks been held.

However, this has entirely gone down the drain since Pep got appointed. We are being linked with every half-decent player in the world and it is starting to get annoying and I don't believe anything anymore. Every week we get linked with somebody else. First it was Suarez, then it was Bale, last week it was Rooney, this week it is Neymar. Come on, it is getting ridiculous. Who is so naive to think we sign all those players?

I am still waiting for the Messi or CR7 rumour :rolleyes:

Funnily enough, we signed the player who was linked with everybody but us. So yeah, I don't believe any of those "sources".

I imagine papers like Daily Mail having some kind of CL draw when it comes to publishing rumours.

In the one pot, you got the top teams and in the other pot you got the top players. Every Monday the editor does the draw and that player will be linked to that club for a week :rolleyes:

Lewandowski is on his way out of Dortmund, that much is suspected correct?

Wake up to see Benteke > Dortmund is a possibility should Lewandowski leave. It doesn't seem too far out of the realms of possibility. He said he's stay for one more year should he stay up but I dunno if we could run down a huge transfer fee.

Fingers crossed noone comes in for him

Lewandowski is on his way out of Dortmund' date=' that much is suspected correct?

Wake up to see Benteke > Dortmund is a possibility should Lewandowski leave. It doesn't seem too far out of the realms of possibility. He said he's stay for one more year should he stay up but I dunno if we could run down a huge transfer fee.

Fingers crossed noone comes in for him[/quote']

Yes, Lewa will leave. If not this year, he will do so next season when his contract expires. I am fairly certain he will leave this summer though. Doubt Dortmund would say no to 25m or so.

I mentioned the Benteke rumour yesterday. Zorc was in the stadium to watch Benteke in the game against Chelsea. They are scouting lots of player at the moment though so it doesn't mean they will buy him. But he is obviously most certainly on the list.

Shaqiri can do the same things Neymar can and is already in the squad. Not happening. Had we not bought Götze perhaps' date=' but not now

If we buy somebody, it will be Lewandowski and a defensive midfielder / defender.

I will have a bet with anybody that we will not buy Neymar.[/quote']

You was damn angry on us because we sajd some rumours about a few players but you sure that Neymar will not come to Bayern?This is football pal.Everything can happen and like Ash said..you aren't a Bayern official either...

Markus Hörwick' date=' Bayern's long-serving press spokesman, has said that reports regarding Neymar's transfer to Bayern are incorrect and false from start to finish.[/quote']

Okay and we all said that Gotze is unavailable.So please..

You was damn angry on us because we sajd some rumours about a few players but you sure that Neymar will not come to Bayern?This is football pal.Everything can happen and like Ash said..you aren't a Bayern official either...
Okay and we all said that Gotze is unavailable.So please..

I have no idea what you are even talking about. When was I supposedly angry?

And Götze's release clause was known and no Bayern official has ever denied their interest in him.

Bayern was asked today regarding Neymar, answered and I posted here. Not sure what you want from me now.

By the way' date=' Heynckes has confirmed that he will resign from coaching at the end of the season.[/quote']

Real shame that - could see him at Real or I'd of taken him at Chelsea :P

Djourou wants to stay in Hannover...Well pal' date='we don't.One of the worst CBs I've seen in my life.[/quote']

Noooo dont come back to the prem, well actually do - he'll make David Luiz look like a good CB :D

Djourou wants to stay in Hannover...Well pal' date='we don't.One of the worst CBs I've seen in my life.[/quote']

Now you know how we gooners feel when he plays... Surely you'd want him to stay to see Dortmund smash 6+ in at Hannover in the one match :P

Now you know how we gooners feel when he plays... Surely you'd want him to stay to see Dortmund smash 6+ in at Hannover in the one match :P

I'd rather see him as a taxi driver for H96's players instead of killing the competition and killing a pretty good team like Hannover

Goal.com's Bundesliga team of the season:

Adler

Carvajal -- Dante -- Lahm

Muller -- Kroos -- Gotze -- Ribery

Mandzukic -- Lewandowski -- Kiessling

It's been a great season for Rene Adler. After being discarded by Bayer Leverkusen, the goalkeeper made his way to Hamburg and had an excellent campaign, winning back his place in the Germany set-up with his performances. Indeed, the 28-year-old has even been linked with a move to Arsenal, with HSV unlikely to make it to Europe.
Dani Carvajal arrived at Bayer Leverkusen from Real Madrid's B-Team as a virtual unknown but did not hesitate to make an impression at right-back, putting in a string of accomplished performances which belied his years, scoring once and setting up eight others for team-mates with his dangerous crossing.
Many doubted whether Dante would be a valuable addition to the Bayern ranks after his summer move from Borussia Monchengladbach but the Brazilian has proven everyone wrong, becoming a key member of Heynckes' side and when he is not playing, his absence is felt.
The final defender is Philipp Lahm. Having made the switch from left-back to right-back permanently last season, the Germany skipper has come on leaps and bounds, putting in performances of remarkable consistency and supplying 10 assists. That he has only made two appearances in Goal's Team of the Week speaks volumes for his ability to get the job done with no fuss.
The next Bayern star to make the cut is Thomas Muller. After enduring a rocky season last term, the Germany international rocketed back to top form this season. He currently leads his club's scoring charts with 22 in all competitions and has a knack for scoring at vital times.
Another Bavarian midfielder to have a breakthrough season is Toni Kroos. Previously played in a variety of roles, the 23-year-old has cemented his place behind the striker for the Bavarians and found a goalscoring touch, netting nine in all competitions, his best-ever total for the club.
Mario Gotze looked eager to make up for lost time for BVB after missing much of last season. Shifted into the middle by Jurgen Klopp, the young German turned in many a fine display, combining brilliantly with Marco Reus and Robert Lewandowski to form a potent attacking trio.
Franck Ribery completes the midfield quartet. The Frenchman has largely been able to steer clear of injuries this campaign and made a stunning 13 appearances in Goal's Team of the Week, leading his side's title charge with eight goals and 12 assists.
The first striker of our front three is Mario Mandzukic, who arrived at Bayern Munich as back-up to Mario Gomez, but soon ousted the former Stuttgart star from Heynckes' first team, scoring a surprising number of goals with remarkable consistency until the league title was wrapped up.
The next attacker is Robert Lewandowski. The Borussia Dortmund star was another vital cog in the BVB front line which has stunned Europe this season and the Pole went on a remarkable scoring run that saw him score in 12 matches, just four fewer than Gerd Muller's long-standing all-time record.
Finally, we have Stefan Kiessling, who has stunned everyone with a remarkable season. The Bayer Leverkusen man has been fantastically consistent up front and few would believe that he would be leading the division's scoring charts with just one matchday remaining. One wonders what more he has to do to win a Germany recall.

I'm a massive fan of Adler's so its great to see him there, Carvajal is a great prospect & I guess they couldnt have a Bayern back three as I would have Alaba in there :), I like Kiessling too so at least its not 100% dominated by Bayern and Dortmund.

Christoph METZELDER will retire at the end of the season. Only 32 years old :(

Suffered from injuries since his move to Real. I think it's a rash decision, he could play 4 more years( of course on a worse club).

Suffered from injuries since his move to Real. I think it's a rash decision' date=' he could play 4 more years( of course on a worse club).[/quote']

It was pretty inevitable if you ask me. He's lost his ability.

A couple of months ago there was a number of reports saying that he could be Guardiola's assistant next season.

Suffered from injuries since his move to Real. I think it's a rash decision' date=' he could play 4 more years( of course on a worse club).[/quote']

He's already been quite injury-prone in his Dortmund time tbf.

It was pretty inevitable if you ask me. He's lost his ability.

A couple of months ago there was a number of reports saying that he could be Guardiola's assistant next season.

By the looks of it he'll work as an expert for Sky from next season on.

Germany squad for American holiday, I mean trip.

Goalkeepers: Rene Adler (Hamburg), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96), Marc Andre ter-Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Defenders: Dennis Aogo (Hamburg), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Heiko Westermann (Hamburg), Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke 04), Per Mertesacker (FC Arsenal), Philipp Wollscheid (Bayer Leverkusen).

Midfielders: Sven Bender (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Roman Neustädter (Schalke), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen), Nicolai Müller (Mainz 05), Stefan Reinartz (Bayer Leverkusen), Sidney Sam (Bayer Leverkusen), Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen), Max Kruse (SC Freiburg)

Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Andre Schürrle (Bayer Leverkusen)

Despite reported before that no Dortmund, Bayern, and Madrid player included in the squad Kevin and Sven included though. Still no Kiessling :o

And U21 squad for Euro in Israel

Goalkeepers: Oliver Baumann (SC Freiburg), Bernd Leno (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Timo Horn (1. FC Köln).

Defenders: Tony Jantschke (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Jung (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jan Kirchhoff (1. FSV Mainz 05), Sead Kolasinac (FC Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg), Oliver Sorg (SC Freiburg), Stefan Thesker (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Lasse Sobiech (SpVgg Greuther Fürth), Shkodran Mustafi (UC Sampdoria).

Midfielders: Tolgay Arslan (Hamburger SV), Christian Clemens (1. FC Köln), Patrick Funk (FC St Pauli), Patrick Herrmann (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Lewis Holtby (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Christoph Moritz (FC Schalke 04), Sebastian Rode (Eintracht Frankfurt), Sebastian Rudy (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Emre Can (FC Bayern München).

Forwards: Pierre-Michel Lasogga (Hertha BSC Berlin), Peniel Mlapa (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Polter (1. FC Nürnberg), Kevin Volland (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim).

Germany squad for American holiday' date=' I mean trip.

[b']

Goalkeepers: Rene Adler (Hamburg), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96), Marc Andre ter-Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Defenders: Dennis Aogo (Hamburg), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Heiko Westermann (Hamburg), Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim), Benedikt Höwedes (Schalke 04), Per Mertesacker (FC Arsenal), Philipp Wollscheid (Bayer Leverkusen).

Midfielders: Sven Bender (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (Schalke), Roman Neustädter (Schalke), Kevin Grosskreutz (Borussia Dortmund), Aaron Hunt (Werder Bremen), Nicolai Müller (Mainz 05), Stefan Reinartz (Bayer Leverkusen), Sidney Sam (Bayer Leverkusen), Lars Bender (Bayer Leverkusen), Max Kruse (SC Freiburg)

Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Lazio), Lukas Podolski (Arsenal), Andre Schürrle (Bayer Leverkusen)

[/b]

Despite reported before that no Dortmund, Bayern, and Madrid player included in the squad Kevin and Sven included though. Still no Kiessling :o

And U21 squad for Euro in Israel

Goalkeepers: Oliver Baumann (SC Freiburg), Bernd Leno (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Timo Horn (1. FC Köln).

Defenders: Tony Jantschke (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Jung (Eintracht Frankfurt), Jan Kirchhoff (1. FSV Mainz 05), Sead Kolasinac (FC Schalke 04), Matthias Ginter (SC Freiburg), Oliver Sorg (SC Freiburg), Stefan Thesker (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Lasse Sobiech (SpVgg Greuther Fürth), Shkodran Mustafi (UC Sampdoria).

Midfielders: Tolgay Arslan (Hamburger SV), Christian Clemens (1. FC Köln), Patrick Funk (FC St Pauli), Patrick Herrmann (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Lewis Holtby (Tottenham Hotspur FC), Christoph Moritz (FC Schalke 04), Sebastian Rode (Eintracht Frankfurt), Sebastian Rudy (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Emre Can (FC Bayern München).

Forwards: Pierre-Michel Lasogga (Hertha BSC Berlin), Peniel Mlapa (VfL Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Polter (1. FC Nürnberg), Kevin Volland (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim).

That squad is a disgrace. Kießling not being called up was known as Löw is a douche.

Sam and some others being called up ahead of Castro is laughable. How Zieler is still in that team ahead of other goalies is also a mystery.

Großkreutz and Bender in the team as they haven't played as much this season as some others I assume.

Will be hilarious seeing that team play. 80% of those called up won't play for Germany again anyway.

Cracking U21 squad.