Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

I agree with you that it is a bit unfair to the 2. Bundesliga team. But anybody who watched the game last night saw that Hoffenheim was much better so it's good we keep the level of playing style in the 1. Bundesliga high.

Just a quick fact. Those play-off games also exist in the 2. Bundesliga and 3. Bundesliga.

Not once since its introduction (5th season it is in place) has the 2. Bundesliga been able to stay in the class. The 3. Bundesliga team always won the tie.

Funnily enough' date=' Dresden (16th of 2. BL) and Osnabrück (3rd in 3. BL) play against each other tonight. Those 2 teams met in the relegation 2 years ago, back then it was the other way around though. Dresden won as 3. BL team against 2. BL team Osnabrück in Extra Time in 2010/11.[/quote']

I'm aware of all that, as I think the Bundesliga and German football is the best league(s) outside of England, and watch it regularly.

That is a really interesting stat about the 2/3 playoff. That says to me that the gap between the top and 2nd divisions is big but between 2nd and 3rd it is not as big. Same could be said in England.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Dynamoooooooooo!!

Dresden is the first 2. Bundesliga team to win the relegation. After losing 1:0 in the first leg, they turn it around at home with a 2:0 win against Osnabrück to stay in 2. Bundesliga.

Great game and what an atmosphere in Dresden, the support is insane. Putting all Bundesliga teams to shame.

Party in Dresden tonight!

;2599287']glad Dresden stayed up' date=' for a club with awesome history, i hope they can turn themselves around and get back into the top flight[/quote']

Nah mate. That wouldn't be good.

2. Bundesliga is their cup of tea. Not enough sponsors here in the area to go higher, would just get into debt. If you ever come here, let me know and we go to a game. You'll feel like you are at Anfield :)

saw him play' date=' top talent, like the next lewa. ;)[/quote']

The next ... is like always:

1)Just because they're from the same country.

2)Just because they play in same position.

But, in reality they're far from their supposed next, like when some years ago Pogba called next Vieira, but in reality his style of play didn't like that. And most of them are flop. So if this Stepinski guy is any good I hope he's really big thing in the making as I would like Kiyotake have decent finisher next season. I have soft spot with Japan btw as I used to live there :P

In other news, Germany NT will have a friendly match against Ecuador later. Read Kruse will play since the start upfront with Lars-Neustatdter in CM. Back 4 consist of Howedes(not as CB again :o)-Merte-Westermann-Jansen.

"I'll have to think a little more about who will play behind the striker," Löw said in the pre-match press conference on Tuesday, promising, however, that "all the players will get their chance over these two games."

In other news' date=' Germany NT will have a friendly match against Ecuador[b'] later[/b]. Read Kruse will play since the start upfront with Lars-Neustatdter in CM. Back 4 consist of Howedes(not as CB again :o)-Merte-Westermann-Jansen.

"Later" is a bit generous here. The game starts in 19+ hours :D

And yes, I despise those "the next blablabla..." reports.