Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Re: Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread

Dante and Luiz Gustavo aren't allowed to play in the German Cup final on Saturday and win the treble as they have to travel to Brazil for preparation for the Confed Cup.

Brazilian FA and Scolari are an absolute disgrace. Unbelievable how they treat their own players. Hope they get absolutely smashed at the Confed Cup and WC

German FA is at fault as well for amateur scheduling.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Bundesliga Discussion Thread 2010/11 With the Bundesliga becoming stronger again and so more people might being interested in the Bundesliga I thought it would be a good idea to make a

Dante and Luiz Gustavo aren't allowed to play in the German Cup final on Saturday and win the treble as they have to travel to Brazil for preparation for the Confed Cup.

Brazilian FA and Scolari are an absolute disgrace. Unbelievable how they treat their own players. Hope they get absolutely smashed at the Confed Cup and WC

German FA is at fault as well for amateur scheduling.

Hardly think Brazil and Scolari are a disgrace, the last sentence is probably a more reasonable assumption. they all know when the international dates are so just stupidity to book this date.

Brazil are hosting the World Cup, the confederations cup will be extremely useful tool for Scolari as the only Competitive games he will have in the lead up to the World Cup so perfectly understandable to take his position and within his jurisdiction to do so.

His job is to look after Brazil not Bayern and TBH it ain't like you need any help.

Lots of clubs (Dortmund' date=' Schalke etc.) have been rumoured to be interested in Pizarro. [b']I think an Italian club[/b] (can't remember who) was also said to be interested in van Buyten.

Juventus were interested in Van Buyten, rumours came out before ~2 months. We always liked free agents :P

Jerome Boateng and Van Buyten will do good enough to bring the trophe home. Just wondering, have they played this season together as centre backs ?

Hardly think Brazil and Scolari are a disgrace' date=' the last sentence is probably a more reasonable assumption. they all know when the international dates are so just stupidity to book this date.

Brazil are hosting the World Cup, the confederations cup will be extremely useful tool for Scolari as the only Competitive games he will have in the lead up to the World Cup so perfectly understandable to take his position and within his jurisdiction to do so.

His job is to look after Brazil not Bayern and TBH it ain't like you need any help.[/quote']

They were pressured to come. It was said that if they arrive a day later, then they are not only out of the Confed Cup squad but their career at the national team is over. Are you telling me that this is fair and respectful action by the Brazilian FA?

Brazil's first Confed Cup game is on the 15th of July, don't tell me that arriving on the 1st of July or arriving on the 2nd of July makes a difference.

Secondly, it is the upmost hypocrisy that different rules apply to the same people. Neymar will travel to Barcelona on Monday, why is that allowed but 2 other guys aren't allowed to play a cup final and come a day later?

Thirdly, other countries show some respect to their players. Japan lets their 2 Stuttgart players arrive a day later later. Other countries have a complete game day left like Spain. Are you telling me that if the player would be Neymar at Barca playing a cup final, they'd act the same way?

And lastly, who do you think pays the players salaries? I give you a hint, it is not the FA. They are employees of the club.

There is a difference between the right to do something due to jurisdiction and the morally right thing to do.

Brazil are just sticking to FIFA regulations:

The Brazilian Football Confederation wanted Dante and Luiz Gustavo to be available 14 days before the Confederations Cup, as stipulated by the rules of world governing body FIFA. The eight-team tournament starts on June 15.

By the letter of the law they have done nothing wrong.

The blame lies with the German FA for poor scheduling, they even acknowledged it:

The German Cup final is taking place unusually late in the calendar year, but the German football association (DFB) said that it expected that a deal would have been possible with international football associations in the event of a clash.

Clearly the DFB were wrong.

I assume you probably don't even know half the story.

They were pressured to come. It was said that if they arrive a day later' date=' then they are not only out of the Confed Cup squad but their career at the national team is over. Are you telling me that this is fair and respectful action by the Brazilian FA?

Brazil's first Confed Cup game is on the 15th of July, don't tell me that arriving on the 1st of July or arriving on the 2nd of July makes a difference.

Secondly, it is the upmost hypocrisy that different rules apply to different people. Neymar will travel to Barcelona on Monday, why is that allowed but 2 other guys aren't allowed to play a cup final and come a day later?

Thirdly, other countries show some respect to their players. Japan lets their 2 Stuttgart players arrive a day later later. Other countries have a complete game day left like Spain. Are you telling me that if the player would be Neymar at Barca playing a cup final, they'd act the same way?

And lastly, who do you think pays the players salaries? I give you a hint, it is not the FA. They are employees of the club.

There is a difference between the right to do something due to jurisdiction and the morally right thing to do.[/quote']

I never said it was "fair" nor do I agree it is the right thing to do but within the rules of the game he is perfectly entitled to do what he and the Brazilian FA has done.

The pressure of a home World Cup in possibly the most loved footballing nation throughout world football must be enormous and both Scolari/ the Brazilian FA will be judged by Brazil having a successful World Cup which probably means winning it.

The confederations Cup will be massive for Brazil they have been globe trotting playing meaningless friendlies and these games will be the first real competitive ones in which Scolari can use to judge players, suitability etc and against top level opposition in the likes of Spain etc.

shone World Cup will probably be the pinnacle for any player and in a player like Dante's case may be his only ever opportunity to represent his country in this tournament he needs to try and nail his place down.

I tend to agree a day or two really wouldn't make any difference but he is acting within the rules of the game and as I say his job is to look after Brazil not Bayern.

I don't doubt it is probably unfair on the players but whether you or I think it is morally right or not is irrelevant.

Brazil are just sticking to FIFA regulations:

By the letter of the law they have done nothing wrong.

The blame lies with the German FA for poor scheduling' date=' they even acknowledged it:

Clearly the DFB were wrong.[/quote']

Nobody debates the scheduling mistake. The German FA is copping enough criticism for that.

I am talking about the moral aspect as unlike Ray, I do think they are relevant.

No other team acts like that. Taking away the chance from a player of winning a treble, something that is very very rare in world football and 99% of players will never achieve in their career only to have 14 days of preparation instead of 13 days and threatening them with exclusion for the remainder of their career is low. There are no two ways about that.

Nobody debates the scheduling mistake. The German FA is copping enough criticism for that.

I am talking about the moral aspect as unlike Ray' date=' I do think they are relevant.

No other team acts like that. Taking away the chance from a player of winning a treble, something that is very very rare in world football and 99% of players will never achieve in their career only to have 14 days of preparation instead of 13 days and threatening them with exclusion for the remainder of their career is low. There are no two ways about that.[/quote']

It is wrong but there is nothing you can do about it old chum. The club, and any high ranking official at Bayern that (constantly may I add) blab a load of rubbish should just suck it up and get on with it.

It is wrong but there is nothing you can do about it old chum. The club' date=' and any high ranking official at Bayern that (constantly may I add) blab a load of rubbish should just suck it up and get on with it.[/quote']

Of course I can't do anything about it but that comment makes no sense. We might as well close every league and club thread then and stop the discussion about signings as nobody can do anything about anything.

Regarding the load of rubbish, I think our high ranking officials are more respected than your officials and your owner but let's not get into that debate. That's a bit rich coming from a Chelsea supporter.

Considering Rummenigge is president of the European Club Association consisting of 207 European clubs (including yours), this is also factually wrong as it is unlikely he gets appointed by (constantly you may add) blabbing a load of rubbish.

Sepp Blatter...

Other things involved there. ;) They are just plain corrupt at FIFA.

The ECA is actually a good thing (they have some cracking research at times) as they have the interests of the clubs in mind. Your guy is part of the board there too.

Either way, starting to get way off-topic.

In other news, now it is looking likely again that de Bruyne will go to Leverkusen and not to Dortmund which means that Chelsea get Schürrle.

Dortmund is looking at another player now, Edgar Prib from relegated Greuther Fürth (please let that be true). Prib might choose Frankfurt though.

Hannover also confirmed the signing of defender Salif Sané from AS Nancy.

Of course I can't do anything about it but that comment makes no sense. We might as well close every league and club thread then and stop the discussion about signings as nobody can do anything about anything.

Regarding the load of rubbish' date=' I think our high ranking officials are more respected than your officials and your owner but let's not get into that debate. That's a bit rich coming from a Chelsea supporter.

Considering Rummenigge is president of the European Club Association consisting of 207 European clubs (including yours), this is also factually wrong as it is unlikely he gets appointed by (constantly you may add) blabbing a load of rubbish.[/quote']

Your not discussing, your whining. You don't own a monopoly on this thread no matter what you put under your avatar. I've offered my opinion & that I think you should move on & I stick by it.

The load of rubbish is true, I am a huge fan of bundesliga football but half the stuff I see is Bayern officials running their mouths off. In this case as much as the Brazilian FA should have delayed them meeting up with the team, they are well within their rights to demand they join as per official FIFA regulations. Rummenigge blabbing on about psychological terror is ridiculous. There is no higher honour on football than representing your nation, & with 2014 coming up fast Brazil's priority, as a nation is the World Cup.

Abramovich barely addresses the media so you trying to come back with that is ludicrous. Our spokespersons don't run their mouths off about anything either so it just looks like your clutching at non existent straws mate.

Your not discussing' date=' your whining. You don't own a monopoly on this thread no matter what you put under your avatar. I've offered my opinion & that I think you should move on & I stick by it.[/quote']

I don't really care if you think I should move on by not responding to your post or not.

I also don't care if you think I am discussing or whining.

Glad we talked about that.

I don't really care if you think I should move on by not responding to your post or not.

I also don't care if you think I am discussing or whining.

Glad we talked about that.

Good to see you responded to my other completely valid and real points. Nicely done :)

Good to see you responded to my other completely valid and real points. Nicely done :)

Yes, you beat me. I hope you sleep well tonight.

There is no point in discussing Bayern officials with you. Apart from the fact that you'd be relying on somebody translating I also doubt many interviews from German club officials reach England.

Feel free to have the last word now and interpret me not responding anymore as you being right.

Btw, it is funny how we can talk normally in one thread and arguing in the other simultaneously :D

Yes' date=' you beat me. I hope you sleep well tonight.

There is no point in discussing Bayern officials with you. Apart from the fact that you'd be relying on somebody translating I also doubt many interviews from German club officials reach England.

Feel free to have the last word now and interpret me not responding anymore as you being right.

Btw, it is funny how we can talk normally in one thread and arguing in the other simultaneously :D[/quote']

The typical arrogance from a pure bavarian.Can't expect more tbh...(if you are from Bavaria)

Other things involved there. ;) They are just plain corrupt at FIFA.

Unlike the (former) officials at Bayern, who would never evade taxes, bring in "duty-free" Rolex watches from Qatar, have children born outside their marriages or negotiate some apparently fair TV deals for the league to cash in under-the-counter. They are all 100% honest guys there...

Yes' date=' you beat me. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Btw, it is funny how we can talk normally in one thread and arguing in the other simultaneously :D[/quote']

That's the magic of SM forums I guess haha :P

Anyway, as much as I like an underdog winning, I want Bayern to win the treble - it has been a truly remarkable season and you deserve it.

Unlike the (former) officials at Bayern' date=' who would never evade taxes, bring in "duty-free" Rolex watches from Qatar, have children born outside their marriages or negotiate some apparently fair TV deals for the league to cash in under-the-counter. They are all 100% honest guys there...[/quote']

Are those the same officials who contributed to pay your players wages and helped you stay in the Bundesliga when you were facing bankruptcy?

Isn't your club also the one that got rescued by 20m from a guy who had a 1.5m bounty on his head and was hunted for stealing hundreds of millions from investors by police from all kinds of different countries and finally got arrested this year?

You are scraping the bottom of the barrel by bringing up Beckenbauer's affair from 15 years ago. Couldn't find anything else?

Let's not trade low blows and bring up rumours or accusations masked as facts and verdicts. I am sure you wouldn't have appreciated that when Subotic was accused of rape ;)

There is dirt on everybody's shoes. This also isn't exclusive to football. If you dig deep enough into any person's life, you will find some interesting stuff sooner or later.

Klopp did a hell of a job though in making you believe that isn't the case for you. James Bond = Dortmund, evil villain = Bayern springs to mind.

P.S.: Raz stop trolling. It's the third time you brought up that arrogant Bavarian post expecting some kind of reaction of mine

Are those the same officials who contributed to pay your players wages and helped you stay in the Bundesliga when you were facing bankruptcy?

Isn't your club also the one that got rescued by 20m from a guy who had a 1.5m bounty on his head and was hunted for stealing hundreds of millions from investors by police from all kinds of different countries and finally got arrested this year?

You are scraping the bottom of the barrel by bringing up Beckenbauer's affair from 15 years ago. Couldn't find anything else?

Let's not trade low blows and bring up rumours or accusations masked as facts and verdicts. I am sure you wouldn't have appreciated that when Subotic was accused of rape ;)

There is dirt on everybody's shoes. This also isn't exclusive to football. If you dig deep enough into any person's life' date=' you will find some interesting stuff sooner or later.

Klopp did a hell of a job though in making you believe that isn't the case for you. James Bond = Dortmund, evil villain = Bayern springs to mind.

P.S.: Raz stop trolling. It's the third time you brought up that arrogant Bavarian post expecting some kind of reaction of mine[/quote']

Cool story bro.Watzke recently said that the story is completely different so stop saying same old rubbish with the 2,5 mil.

P.S: Why pal?It is simply the truth.Can't face the bavarian arrogance.Look in a mirror and you will see why.

Cool story bro.Watzke recently said that the story is completely different so stop saying same old rubbish with the 2' date='5 mil.[/quote']

Knowing the response is going to be hilarious, please explain what Watzke supposedly said.

We loaned Dortmund 2m (or 2.5, whatever) so they can pay some wages, that is no secret and both sides (including Watzke) confirmed it.

Knowing the response is going to be hilarious' date=' please explain what Watzke supposedly said.

We loaned Dortmund 2m (or 2.5, whatever) so they can pay some wages, that is no secret and both sides (including Watzke) confirmed it.[/quote']

Well maybe expressed myself a bit wrong.Watzke wasn't at the club in that time and said that he wouldn't ever accept cash from you.I would give you 5 mil back just to shut up lol.Stop saying same old story...Borussia still exists because of the Yellow Wall and not because of a stupid amount of cash(2/2,5) from Munich lol.

Well maybe expressed myself a bit wrong.Watzke wasn't at the club in that time and said that he wouldn't ever accept cash from you.I would give you 5 mil back just to shut up lol.Stop saying same old story...Borussia still exists because of the Yellow Wall and not because of a stupid amount of cash(2/2' date='5) from Munich lol.[/quote']

Ah yeah, that is of course incredibly easy to say in 2013 when the finances are fine again. What a populist statement. Surely gonna appease the supporters.

It is no secret that Dortmund begged everybody left, right and centre and pleaded to stay in the league when they were about to get kicked down to 4th or god knows what division.

But I didn't assume anyway that you were following Bundesliga 10 years ago.

And I never said they exist because of those 2.5m. But better than nothing, isn't it? I'd rather have 2.5m on my account than 0m

Ah yeah' date=' that is of course incredibly easy to say in 2013 when the finances are fine again. What a populist statement. Surely gonna appease the supporters.

It is no secret that Dortmund begged everybody left, right and centre and pleaded to stay in the league when they were about to get kicked down to 4th or god knows what division.

[b']But I didn't assume anyway that you were following Bundesliga 10 years ago.

[/b]

And I never said they exist because of those 2.5m. But better than nothing, isn't it? I'd rather have 2.5m on my account than 0m

No pal.You was the only one who heard about Bundesliga at that time,don't worry,basically the only one who ever heard about football.Yep,you won.You're the master on this one.