Official Gold Championship 130 Discussion Thread

Re: Official Gold Championship 130 Discussion Thread

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1745

VIDIC DEAL - "A REAL COUP"

Internazionale boss Rob Walshe has gone on record over the the landmark signing of Nemanja Vidic. Rob - "The signing of Vidic is a real coup - he will form a great partnership with Lucio".

The 28 year old Serb is widely regarded as one of the best centre-halfs in the modern game and scored on his debut last night, despite Inter slumping to a 2-1 defeat to Napoli.

Vidic began his career in Serbia with Red Star Belgrade, before moving to Spartak Moscow and then Manchester United in 2006 in a £7m deal. Walshe paid Manchester United Nicolas Burdisso + Mario Balotelli + £15m for his services - putting the defenders value at somewhere in the £40-50m bracket.

SIMAO LATEST TO JOIN GENOA

Genoa boss Stifler has completed his 12th signing of the season - securing Portugal winger Simao Sabrosa from Atletico Madrid in a deal valued at £16.9m (4.5+Mesto+Acquafresca).

The 30 year old winger has amassed 85 caps for his country, scoring 22 times. Widely regarded as one of the top wingers in Europe over the past ten years, Simao will certainly give Genoa options in wide areas - as well as offering a threat with dead ball situations.

BARI BOSS GIVES UP

The first managerial casualty of the season was confirmed this morning as Ashh left Bari after just 1 game in charge. The move was surprising as Bari gained a highly credible draw with Roma on Matchday 1. Speculation is that Bari have offered the job to another manager in Europe.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Official Gold Championship 130 Discussion Thread WELCOME TO ITALY Just three hours until the transfer window opens and the mayhem begins. Italy is looking a strong and competitive division in

Re: Official Gold Championship 130 Discussion Thread IBRA TO RETURN TO INTER It is understood that a deal has been struck between Barcelona and Internazionale that will see Zlatan Ibrahimovic retu

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1746

FOCUS ON .... INTER MILAN

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1747

Overview

New Inter manager Rob Walshe has taken over a truly accomplished side. Inter boast many of the worlds top players in Maicon, Lucio, Sneijder, Milito, Cambiasso etc etc. Walshe has already added arguably the best "attacking" centre-back Nemanja Vidic to that line-up of stars also.

Despite an opening day defeat, Inter will surely be there or thereabouts for the league come the end of the season, and the bookmakers are rightly making Inter their favourites for the league.

In the SMFA Cup, Inter have been handed a reasonable group containing Arsenal, Boca Juniors and New England Revolution. Common sense dictates that only Arsenal should cause Walshe's men any issues and qualification from the group is seen as a must.

Transfers

Along with the signing of Vidic, Inter have strengthened the squad with the additions of Portuguese wing-back Fabio Coentrao, Bologna keeper Viviano and young Belgian prospect, Romelu Lukaku.

The other headline signing is the return of Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Barca to spearhead the attack along with Milito.

Players that have exited the blue half of the San Siro during Walshe's tenure have been Eto'o, Balotelli, Burdisso, Mancini, Suazo Materazzi, Aroe, Rivas, Rincon, Kerlon and Bindi.

SMFA COMPETITIONS

SMFA Cup

Inter Milan have been drawn in group C along with Arsenal, New England and Boca Juniors.

Fiorentina have been drawn in group D along with Chelsea, Marseille and Santos.

Roma are in group G and will face Liverpool, Olympiakos and Shakhtar Donetsk.

And finally, Juventus will face Schalke, Lyon and Sao Paulo in Group F.

SMFA Shield

Round 1 Draw :

Udinese v Gremio

Napoli v San Luis

Atalanta v Sivasspor

Palermo v Motherwell

Sampdoria v Deportivo

Milan v Manchester City

TRANSFER ROUND-UP : UPDATED

Milan

In

Zarate, Floccari, Amelia, Anderson, Nani, Pablo Hernandez, Terry, Konchesky,Chico, Javi Garcia, Stancu, Forren, Rafael, Fabio, Gomis, Cissokho

Out

Seedorf, Thiago Silva, Sokratis, Huntelaar, Borriello, Ronaldinho, Inzaghi, Oddo, Favalli, Yepes, Pato, Gattuso, Kaladze

Internazionale

In

Vidic, Fabio Coentrao, Viviano, Lukaku, Ibrahimovic

Out

Burdisso, Balotelli, Mancini, Suazo, Eto'o, Arroe, Materazzi, Rivas, Rincon, Kerlon, Bindi

Roma

In

Bocchetti, Ademi, Claudemir, Laner, Reus (pictured top), Carlos Sanchez, Konoplyanka, Sen, Jaja

Out

Pizarro, G Burdisso, Tonetto, Pit, Baptista, Scardina

Fiorentina

In

Park Ji-Sung, Kalou, Kramaric, Dealbert, A Torres, Poulson, Amauri

Out

Santana, Di Silvestri, Ljajic, Boruc, Waigo, Pasqual, Jovetic, Mutu

Lazio

In

Huntelaar, Dost, Giroud, Rinaudo, Goulon, Toloi, Delac

Out

Zarate, Floccari, Barreto, Rochi, Meghni, Bizzarri, Scaloni, Manfredini, Dabo, Firmani, Artipoli, Baronio, Del Nero, Correa, Cruz

Udinese

In

Casemiro, Rafinha, Sculli

Out

Di Natale

Genoa

In

Pizarro, Hangeland, Di Natale, Borriello, Renato, Zokora, Simao, Isco, Ziegler, Strifler, Benyamina, G Burdisso

Out

Amelia, Veloso, Rafinha, Bocchetti, Rossi, Milanetto, Sculli, Acquafresca, Mesto, Chico

Juventus

In

Mata, Castro, Adler, Barnetta, Gamez, Bradley, Beerens, Yildirim, Vidal, Jovetic, Sirigu, Smalling, Obertan, Soldado, Topal, Song, Chamakh

Out

Buffon, Salihamidzic, Camoranesi, Del Piero, Tiago, Trezeguet, Leggrotaglie, Poulson, Amauri, Grosso, Manninger, Chimenti, De Ceglie, Zebina, Iaquinta, Diego, Grygera, Storari, D'Antoni

Napoli

In

Feghouli, Maiello, Sepe, Hradecky, Annan

Out

Dalla Bona, Amodio, Bucchi, Gianello

Catania

In

Bottinelli

Out

Mascara

Sampdoria

In

Henry, Manuel Fernandes, D Navarro

Out

Palombo

Palermo

In

Zauri, Tainio, Benjamin, Manninger, Chimenti, Kleber Periera

Out

Sirigu, Cassani, Abel Hernandez

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1705

VAN DER VAART LATEST TO JOIN GENOA

sport-graphics-2007_710110a%5B1%5D.jpg

Genoa are delighted to confirm the signing of Dutch midfield maestro Rafael Van der Vaart on a 3 year contract. VdV joins from Real Madrid in a deal valued at £15.2m (Palacio+Palladino+2m).

Van der Vaart takes his place in a formidable new look Genoa midfield boasting the talents of Pizarro(92), Simao(92), Renato(90) and Zokora(89).

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1762

VdV JOINS GENOA

Genoa have completed the signing of Dutch maestro Rafael Van der Vaart from Real Madrid on a 3 year contract. The left footed midfield man will make his debut against Palermo on wednesday.

In other transfer news regarding Genoa, veteran striker Luca Toni is expected to join Valencia in a deal that will see Arduriz and Viana as well as £5m move to the Luigi Ferraris in exchange.

FOCUS ON .... GENOA

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1763

Overview

New Genoa manager Stifler has set about completely facelifting the Genoa side. Stifler had this to say on the changes and his philosophy for the team :

" I have looked to bring in established quality at the cost of depth. This season we have no SMFA competition so I am willing to sacrifice the depth I would need for a cup run to secure a high league finish.

Players such as Di Natale, Simao, Van der Vaart, Pizarro, Renato and Borriello are proven performers at the very highest level.

We are looking for ideally a top four finish and - if we can steer clear of major injuries - then that should be more than achievable with this team, even in such a tough division "

KRASIC TO JOIN JUVE?

Reports coming out of Turin are suggesting that Juve have agreed a deal to sign Milos Krasic of CSKA Moscow. The deal for the flying Serb is reported to include the transfer of Filipe Melo to Moscow in exchange.

Sticking with Juve - a deal for Stuttgart's Serdar Tasci is also on the cards with the German side believed to have accepted an offer to swap him for Momo Sissoko.

BARI APPOINT MR HAMMER

After losing manager Ashh after Saturdays match, Bari have moved quickly to appoint the infamous Mr Hammer as boss. Fans will be hoping that Mr Hammer stays the course and can retain the clubs top division status.

After a disappointing draw on SAturday. Juventus, hammer Sao Paulo in the SMFA cup.

Juventus are also pleased to announce 4 new signings will be joining the club as Harendeep Singh wraps up his transfer dealings!

Yamada joins for 5mln

Mohammed Sissoko is leaving in exchange for Tasci

Krasic is joining in exchange for Melo

Tosic is joining in exchange for Jorge Martinez

This will now allow me to field two strong line ups: 3-4-1-2

First X1

Adler

Castro

Chiellini

Tasci

Barnetta

Song

Marchisio

Krasic

Jovetic

Mata

Chamakh

Second X1

Siriglu

Jesus Games

Bonucci

M.Motta

Beerens

Vidal

Topal

S.Pepe

Lanzafame

Yildrim

Soldado

Reserves:

Smalling

Tosic

Yamada

Bradley

Obertan

101_1200975914.gif

Catania are going all Argentinian. Transfers in so far: Seba Veron, Tomas Costa, Jon Bottinelli, Carlos Matheu, Alejandro Capurro, Facundo Ferreyra, Hernan Salazar, Maxi Scapparoni.

All the teams non Argentines are going/gone for cash. Guiseppe Bellusci (20-84) and Takayuki Morimoto (22-86) are the best 2 left for cash.

Great opening day result away at Juve (despite the fact i didn't think the first game was until this Saturday :o)

After a comfortable 2-0 victory over Olympiakos in the first round of SMFA group matches more good news appears to be on the way as manager Fraser McInnes announced that there could be another new addition to the squad -

"We've been after a player for the last 7 days now and at last we've had an accepted offer. It's cost us quite a bit but we feel he'll be worth it and will bring an extra bit of quality to our squad."

"Hopefully the deal will be concluded tomorrow. Once it goes through it should pave the way for another player to be released on loan as we have two loan bids in at this minute in time which we can't give a definitive answer to until this transfer deal has been completed."

101_1200975914.gif

Catania are going all Argentinian. Transfers in so far: Seba Veron' date=' Tomas Costa, Jon Bottinelli, Carlos Matheu, Alejandro Capurro, Facundo Ferreyra, Hernan Salazar, Maxi Scapparoni.[/color']

All the teams non Argentines are going/gone for cash. Guiseppe Bellusci (20-84) and Takayuki Morimoto (22-86) are the best 2 left for cash.

Great opening day result away at Juve (despite the fact i didn't think the first game was until this Saturday :o)

Yeah my mistake, it was satuday. The bad side of summer holidays! You tend to lose track of days! Oh well back at work in two weeks

Two arrivals at Internazionale today :D

Damien MARCQ has completed his move to Internazionale from SM Caen for £7,800,000

A good versatile player.

Patrice EVRA has completed his move to Internazionale from Manchester United for £4,500,000 plus Jonathan BIABIANY and Cristian CHIVU

:eek::D

Back line for Internazionale.

Maicon - Vidic - Lucio - Evra

Yeah my mistake' date=' it was satuday. The bad side of summer holidays! You tend to lose track of days! Oh well back at work in two weeks[/quote']

What was your mistake? I just thought the game was this coming saturday the same as 131 so hadn't prepared for the match had a CF playing RM and stuff :o So quite a lucky draw for me, but a very good one :D

Almost got my all Argentine squad now, think just have 3 players left to get rid.

What was your mistake? I just thought the game was this coming saturday the same as 131 so hadn't prepared for the match had a CF playing RM and stuff :o So quite a lucky draw for me' date=' but a very good one :D

Almost got my all Argentine squad now, think just have 3 players left to get rid.[/quote']

I said it was last friday instead of saturday.

Regardless of players playing out of position. It was a good result for you. I am really excited about this GC. I think it has the potential to be one of the better GCs throughout the leagues! The majority of managers in Italy are people that stay with their clubs for the long haul!

Catania held 2-2 at home to Chievo. The season really starts for me next game though as my squad will be complete ;)

I said' date=' on paper my team had it in the bag.

That's paper, and SM ain't paper.

Avoiding relegation is the aim now :o[/quote']

Well if it makes you feel any better - my Inter in 89 were 20 points behind early in the season and looked hopeless, and they went on to win the league AND the SMFA Cup ;)

Any excuse to tell that story :P

picture.php?albumid=160&pictureid=1705

GENOA 2 - 1 PALERMO

Genoa pick up a useful win at home to Palermo thanks to goals from Brede Hangeland and debutant, Simao. The team is really coming together now, maybe lacking a little depth, but certainly happy with the first XI.

Genoa Line-Up:

Eduardo, Dianelli, Hangeland, Criscito, Zokora, Pizarro, Simao, Renato, Di Natale, Borriello, Van der Vaart

picture.php?albumid=159&pictureid=1768

NANI SECURES WIN FOR ROSSONERI

A strike by Portugal winger and recent new signing Nani was enough to give Milan a hard fought 2-1 win in Rome despite Mexes giving Fraser's side the lead early on. Nani struck the killer blow after other new-boy Zarate had equalised just after the break.

TROUBLE AT INTER

After an opening day defeat and SMFA Cup humiliation on Monday, Inter fans were again subjected to a disasterous result last night as they went down 3-1 to an impressive Cagliari side. Agostini and a Nene double made Ibrahimovic's reply irrelevant as Inter prop up the table after two matches. Surely there will be a backlash at some point from the wounded giants and Livorno will be fearful that this will come on saturday as they travel to the San Siro.

SIMAO HITS DEBUT GOAL

Nani was not the only Portuguese winger on target last night ..... Genoa new boy Simao was on target as Genoa edged out Palermo 2-1. Hangeland hit the opener for the home side before Simao doubled the lead - a late strike from Pinilla proving to be not enough for the visitors.

OTHER RESULTS

Parma 2 - 0 Sampdoria

Siena 1 - 5 Fiorentina

Lazio 0 - 2 Bologna

Atalanta 1 - 3 Juventus

Catania 2 - 2 Chievo

Udinese 1 - 0 Bari

Napoli 2 - 1 Livorno

Performance of the Day

100_1266376174.jpg

Cagliari (3-1 v Internazionale)

Player of the Day