Football Manager 2011

Re: Football Manager 2011

Wow' date=' he's insane.

Why does it not show his position though (and what on earth is the # next to his nationality)?

Personally I'd put him on off-the-ball training until that gets to 17 or so, then focus on speed/acceleration (although by the time he does hit 17 OTB - will take a few years probably - he'll probably be 17 for Pace/Acceleration anyway).

I've got a couple of top class regens, but it took them both 'til about 21-23 to become good and they're not amazing, full of 18-20's or anything - their key stats are 16-18s with a few 19-20s in physical areas. I've never had someone with their key stats above 18 when before they're out of their teens, like your one and Adam's regens.[/quote']

The number is Unique ID ;)

Wow' date=' he's insane.

Why does it not show his position though (and what on earth is the # next to his nationality)?

Personally I'd put him on off-the-ball training until that gets to 17 or so, then focus on speed/acceleration (although by the time he does hit 17 OTB - will take a few years probably - he'll probably be 17 for Pace/Acceleration anyway).

I've got a couple of top class regens, but it took them both 'til about 21-23 to become good and they're not amazing, full of 18-20's or anything - their key stats are 16-18s with a few 19-20s in physical areas. I've never had someone with their key stats above 18 when before they're out of their teens, like your one and Adam's regens.[/quote']

I'm not sure, think it's the unique ID. If you scroll down the left hand side bar under the picture it shows position I think but it doesn't all get shown on a screenshot.

The training I've got him on at the moment seems to be doing amazingly well in all area's so I'm going to give it a while longer and see if off the ball improves along with the rest of the stats, I think it's gone up one or two since I bought him. I'm being forced to play him in AM at the moment due to my striker being top class (prem player of the year in fact) but I think i'll sell the striker in the next transfer window and spend the money on an attacking midfielder. Got a class regen CM I bought on the cheap and trained as well, might get a screenie later. Just hoping I can hang onto them all next transfer window, still not putting in serious title challenges so players are sometimes tempted to leave.

Got myself into a bit of a pickle.

Couldn't find ANY really good RBs, so ended up spending 30M on a 19 y/o DMC with all the stats needed for a full back at around 13/14 and decided I would train him to play RB. But now, I have just been able to get Inter's 20 y/o for 11M after i previously scouted him and it said he wouldn't be interested in me - now he is going to sign on 50k p/w, so essentially I've wasted 30M!!!! on a DMC :eek::o

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dpv0i1&s=7

Central midfielder brought in 3 years ago for £3million from Villereal. Really gunna struggle to keep hold of him though with strong interest from Arsenal. Value is annoyingly low for someone with a 4 year contract :(

Just go into this Transfer Status and change his value to something outrageously high. This will discourage bids, and any that do come in, will be much higher than his transfer value.

On the other player, I was referring to individual training - this only goes toward 10% of his training, he still does his training schedule. Just means OTB has slight priority over his other attributes, which is surely for the best considering it is the lowest of all the key attributes for a striker.

Just go into this Transfer Status and change his value to something outrageously high. This will discourage bids' date=' and any that do come in, will be much higher than his transfer value.

On the other player, I was referring to individual training - this only goes toward 10% of his training, he still does his training schedule. Just means OTB has slight priority over his other attributes, which is surely for the best considering it is the lowest of all the key attributes for a striker.[/quote']

Yeah I've already done that and he's just re-signed his contract despite being slightly concerned due to all the speculation. Fingers crossed.

Not sure what you mean, could it be a new addition to the training that isn't in fm09? Might have forgotten to mention that i'm playing the old version. :)

Oh, ye, never mind then.

On 11 you can select one attribute that a player can focus on and dedicate 10% of their schedule toward working on. Particularly useful to filling the "holes" in newgen's attributes, ie a striker with low composure or defender with low positioning. Only certain attributes are available though (you can't train teamwork, anticipation, work rate, etc).

Oh' date=' ye, never mind then.

On 11 you can select one attribute that a player can focus on and dedicate 10% of their schedule toward working on. Particularly useful to filling the "holes" in newgen's attributes, ie a striker with low composure or defender with low positioning. Only certain attributes are available though (you can't train teamwork, anticipation, work rate, etc).[/quote']

Sounds like a good addition actually. Think Arsenal are leaving Varela alone now.. unfortunately they've moved onto Veloso who's my other CM haha. Should get a much better price if he wants to leave though and he's in his prime anyway so would have sold in a year or so. :)

Weirdest own-goal ever. Good finish actually.

That's a cracker :eek::P

do you enjoy national management a lot btw? I might take a team just to try it out; never had a NT on the PC game, only on like the 08 game for PSP. :P

EDIT - just into my new season. Started off by beating United at home and Liverpool away :D BUT, major blow sees us fail to make CL group stage as we go out on away goals (2-2 agg) to Valencia. :(

I suppose it means I can focus on trying to win the league now!

EDIT#2 - Oh! Apparently I still get into Europa League...that's cool.

Drew Besiktas, Getafe and Steaua in my group (I was 1st seeds). Not bad. :)

That's a cracker :eek::P

do you enjoy national management a lot btw? I might take a team just to try it out; never had a NT on the PC game' date=' only on like the 08 game for PSP. :P

EDIT - just into my new season. Started off by beating United at home and Liverpool away :D BUT, major blow sees us fail to make CL group stage as we go out on away goals (2-2 agg) to Valencia. :(

I suppose it means I can focus on trying to win the league now!

EDIT#2 - Oh! Apparently I still get into Europa League...that's cool.

Drew Besiktas, Getafe and Steaua in my group (I was 1st seeds). Not bad. :)[/quote']

Aye, I love NT's. I never start off with one though - just apply for any decent NT or top countries U21's when the job is going and wait until I get one. I took over the U21's in 2012 when Pearce took over England, won the U21 Euros in 2013 (beating France 5-0 in the final after losing 0-1 to them in the groups!). Left for Wales shortly after (they had just failed to qualify for the WC) and in 3 years with them I took them from 110th in the world to 52nd (they then jumped into the top 50 on the back of the Euros), coming 2nd in our qualifying group (behind Germany), and making the 2nd round of the Euros (losing to Germany on Penalties after a 0-0 draw). Pearce then resigned from England after losing to eventual winners Switzerland (who we drew 1-1 with in the group stages!!) in the semi-finals, so I applied and got that job.

It's a fun experience managing England 3 years after taking the U21s to Euro glory - the core of my U21 side now fills the NT.

There's a silly bug for the U21s though - for Qualifiers the player has to have been 21 on a certain date (in my case it was before 1.1.1990), however for friendlies the date was 1.1.1992. So when I had a qualifier and a friendly in the same period, all of my players over the age of 21 couldn't play. For the friendlies I had to play with just 2 subs, and with a player in goal. Baffling bug from FM. Even when Friendlies and Qualifiers weren't in the same period, I had to shuffle around about 13 players when picking my team depending on what match was coming up.

On another subject, there's also a fairly major bug about home-grown players:

- If you loan a player out before he is club-grown, the time away from your club will not count toward being club-grown.

- If you loan a player out to a club in the same country, this will still count toward him being home-grown; however:

- A player who becomes home-grown after being spent out on-loan, will become home-grown (0-21), which is not only completely wrong, but:

- Players who are home-grown (0-21) or club-grown (0-21) do not count towards registration to European competitions. They only count players home-grown (15-21).

The first one means that it's much harder than it should be to have club-grown players, as you have to not loan them out until they have spent 3 years at your club. I am turning this into a habit now, not loaning players out until they are club-grown.

The rest mean that if you do loan a player out before he is home-grown, he will become home-grown (0-21) and will NOT count as home-grown when registering players for Europe.

chelseavleedsinformatio.png

Would've been the greatest Premierleague comeback of all time. :(

Pathetic defending, pathetic goalkeeping. Going to give my Adade a chance in goal. Didn't loan him out this year because I signed Carrizo to tutor him - and his determination has risen from 15 -> 18 in two months. Also changed from Resolute (Determination 15-17, Professionalism 15-17) to Professional (Professionalism 18-19, Temperament 10-20). Looking like a good decision to tutor him! Signed Carrizo just in time too - Adade turned 22 not long after (players have to be 21 or younger to be available to be tutored).

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I spent the summer signing veterans with high determination and good personalities. Xabi Alonso (35 - awful attributes now, just signed to tutor) and Sneijder (33 - still a top player, Dutch international, backup to Shelvey) were free, Carrizo (33 - backup, from Barca), Zhirkov (34 - backup, sold Clyne) and Helmes (33 - 3rd choice striker) cost a combined £9m (Helmes £5.25m).

With all these guys tutoring my every-growing youth set-up I can now focus fully on getting Determination to 16+ and personalities to either Professional, Fairly Professional, Model Professional, Spirited, Resolute before loaning them out. Anyone with both lower determination and without one of those personalities will simply not make it/reach their PA that your scout/coaches have predicted. Someone with one or the other might do OK, someone with both has a very good chance of hitting their potential (of course sensible game time comes into it too).

Is the Luke Sefton player a player you made?

Yes it is, Seft created him. Personally prefer the game without me in it, as I am the manager :P

Since I left York, they've climbed from 15th to 3rd and have won 9 out of the last 11 :o At least it shows that I've done a good job!

Just outside the play-offs with Norwich, played 3 more home games than away games so that's an issue as I'm nowhere near as strong away form Carrow Road...

Just finshed Augest on my southend save. I currently sit third, two points behind Oxford. Team is mostly like it was before execpt Obadeyi, Keane and connley come in on loan. Made a loan bid for Jo (Man city). Got accepted from them but he joined Sampdoria on loan :mad::(. Im out of the league through a trashing from Millwall 4-1 :o. Did a loan report of manchester united, Ravel morrisen was up for loan but rejected me. Still in the Johnstone paint trophy (Did't start yet) and have Stevange in the first round.

EDIT: And picked up third place in manger of the month :).

Leicester City:

Season 1: Championship - 2nd - 84 Points

Season 2: Premiership - 14th - 45 Points

Season 3: Premiership - 13th - 46 Points (Carling Cup Winners)

Season 4: Premiership - 5th - 65 Points

Definately our best season yet. We were extremely dissappointed to have finished 5th as Arsenal only finished 1 point ahead of us and had 3 goals more than us. But ontop of our premier league campaign we had a very successful Europa League debut after winning the Carling Cup in Season 3. We reached the Quarter Finals of the Europa League in my 4th season managing Leicester.

We also did well in the FA Cup' date=' only losing narrowly to Liverpool in the Semi's.

Mame Biram Diouf won the Player of The Year and finished tied for 1st for the Golden Boot.

Here's my team:

[center']Kraft[/center]

Gibbs - Ponce - Tunchev - Diekmeier

Plasil - J.Martinez - Gundogan

Sturridge - Sa - Diouf

Season 5:

We have a nice transfer budget of 13.25M to work with to help us qualify for the Champions League! :)

Leicester City:

Season 1: Championship - 2nd - 84 Points

Season 2: Premiership - 14th - 45 Points

Season 3: Premiership - 13th - 46 Points (Carling Cup Winners)

Season 4: Premiership - 5th - 65 Points

Season 5: Premiership - 4th - 69 Points (Europa League Winners)

Unbelieveable!! In 5 seasons we have got Champions League Qualification and have won the Europa League. I said in my last post ^ that Season 4 was my best season yet well boy was I wrong although I wouldn't have been saying this at the very start of the season as we were hopelessly lying 18th after 6 games but after changing around a few players we went on an 11 game win streak with suprisingly away wins over teams like Man City and Chelsea. After improving each year I'm extremely happy to have got 4 points more than we did in Season 4.

In the transfer windows we bought our first two regens after deciding alot of footballers are starting to age and retire after signing Samuel Eto'o on a free transfer but after 5 games he instantly retired although he scored 6 goals in those first 5 games and 3 of the goals were when he scored a hat-trick in his second game with us in the Europa League at home to NK Dinamo.

We did farily well in the Carling Cup and F.A Cup. In the F.A Cup we reached the Quarter Finals where we knocked out 2:1 at home against Liverpool and in the Carling Cup we were eliminated in the 4th round suprisingly to Hull after best players Sturridge (suspended), J.Martinez (injured), Sa (injured) were out.

Europa League:

WE WON THE EUROPA LEAGUE! I was suprised because we had a difficult journey in the Europa League but we somehow got to final and won! Our journey started off with a 6:1 aggregate win over NK Dinamo which I mentioned earlier where Samuel Eto'o whose contract ran out came on as a sub to score a hat-trick in the second half to win us the first leg and the second leg was won easily aswell. After that we were placed in Group F where we were drawn with Vfl Wolfsburg, Shakhtar Donetsk and Bnei Yehuda which was suprisingly a hard group where had to complete comebacks to beat Wolfsburg and Shakhtar away and we finished the group with 16 points out of a possible 18. 18 points would've been on the cards but some random player for Bnei Yehuda scored a 84th minute equaliser to secure a 1:1 result. After qualifying safely from the group stage we face CFR Cluj, who had won there group and gave us a hard match but we won 1:0 on aggregate thanks to a Waldo Ponce header on the 48th minute in the first match away at Cluj.

In the 2nd round after the Group Stage we faced Roma! Unbelieveably, the easiest match out of all the teams. I couldn't believe it... We won 6:1 at home thanks to doubles from Sa, Sturridge and J.Martinez and a 0:0 draw in the second match which was easily good enough to secure a place in the Quarter Finals against Dinamo Bucharest who gave us a match a relegation threatened premier league side would give, in the end we won 4:2 on aggregate over the 2 legs which give us our second hardest match which was where we faced Valencia in the Semi Finals. Valencia destroyed us 2:0 in the first leg at Valencia, it could easily have been 4:0 so we had to raise our game and we did, Mame Biram Diouf scored a double and J.Martinez scored a late header to put us into the final. We faced Porto which was a slow match with both teams not really threatening and Orlando Sa had the best opportunity on the 112th minute where he just missed after J.Martinez cross just deflected off the defender. It went to penalties where Porto scored there first three along with us scoring our first three, then Porto missed there next two and on our 4th penalty Sturridge missed but J.Martinez won us the cup with a well finished penalty! YAY!!!!!

So that's what happened. Champions League Qualification and European Trophy in just 5 years. Definate Achievement. Sorry for the long essay haha.

Herp derp the chronicles of craig gordon chapter one

11hqfb5.png

LOL. That's a bit stupid. :P

-----------------------------------

Anyway, I've just taken over as Portugal manager. I have a couple of Portuguese youths in my squad, so I will bleed them into the NT...which is good for me. :)

michaelandersonnewsinbo.png

englishpremierdivisionicn.png

No way José.

Despite them sitting 15 points behind us and 22 points off the top (after just 16 games!!), he believes that this game is "make or break" for the title fight and that the loser is out of the title race. We could lose and still be in the fight (10 points behind, 21 games to go), they could win and would still be out of it. It's the complete opposite of "make or break".

Edit: Oh ye, and I get a message about "Elland Road return for Bannan" EVERY SINGLE SEASON after a short-term loan spell in the very first season. So annoying!

Getting a bit frustrated with this game. Took Weston-Super_Mare to league one over 6-7 season and managed to stay up. But now the board are cutting my wage budget every year and I'm having to fight ust to stay mi-table every year.

Good news is that the guy who I decide to buy without knowing ANY of his stats turned out to be pretty good. Lots of top flight clubs want him now, might have to sell up :(