The Trenches Championship

Sgt Fury

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Trenches Championship Discussion Thread

Small Welsh team Aberystwyth Town have a new manager in Luis Scorgie the Scotsman. Who was appionted just before kick off. Pretty stuffed only have 2.3m to spend :(

Anway i hope to get off to a good start.

Ps if anyone wants any help with yourr Scottish teams i am your man. And thing to with Scottish football.

Small Welsh team Aberystwyth Town have a new manager in Luis Scorgie the Scotsman. Who was appionted just before kick off. Pretty stuffed only have 2.3m to spend :(

Anway i hope to get off to a good start.

Ps if anyone wants any help with yourr Scottish teams i am your man. And thing to with Scottish football.

Most of the division 3 teams are in the same boat. It'll be a challenge for all of us which should make it a really good league. I only had 3 mill myself...

Results are in! A 5-1 win for Barrow on the opening game, have to be pleased with that. A little less pleased though with the 6 week injury picked up by Sam Hutchinson.

And look at Mo go! 12-0, crazy! He's the man to beat I feel.

Guest Scout Maker

Question:

I play Hibs in the SMFA Cup, my Assistant Manager will pick my team, will he pick players with Match Fitness 100%? Because I really don't want him to play my first team.

Ha-ha, this was the message I got when I tried to sign a player from Crewe:

This club can compete in a SMFA Competition' date=' therefore the squad size cannot drop below the minimum level of 18.[/quote']

From Crewe?! Man, that SMFA Cup looks well screwy! How's that for realism?! :P

Question:

I play Hibs in the SMFA Cup' date=' my Assistant Manager will pick my team, will he pick players with Match Fitness 100%? Because I really don't want him to play my first team.[/quote']

No, they'll be fine. See: http://blog.soccermanager.com/new-improvementsfeatures/smfa-competitions-2.html

Also, I've decided I'm going to hold onto the Acc Stanley captain, everybody else will leave. Give it a sense of realism :P

If anyone is interested in doing some loan swaps, please let me know, I'm too heavy in certain areas and too light in others. To be more direct, I have a surplus of forwards and CM who can go on loan, and would want decent defenders and wingers in exchange.

This is when I start to get irritated with the match engine... I see someone won 12-0 with almost 60 shots on goal - horrible stuff. I could see the point if there was some magnificently complex tactics - it was a 3-5-2 with no additional instructions, or perhaps men against boys in the ratings - they were all equally horrid in terms of current rating... conclusion? Match engine is terrible..

On a brighter note, East Stirling take a 2-0 win over Stenhousemuir with new boy Novillo bagging a brace.

This is when I start to get irritated with the match engine... I see someone won 12-0 with almost 60 shots on goal - horrible stuff. I could see the point if there was some magnificently complex tactics - it was a 3-5-2 with no additional instructions' date=' or perhaps men against boys in the ratings - they were all equally horrid in terms of current rating... conclusion? Match engine is terrible..

On a brighter note, East Stirling take a 2-0 win over Stenhousemuir with new boy Novillo bagging a brace.[/quote']

To be fair Accrington Stanley had an average rating of 77 to Carmarthen Town's average of 64 and Carmarthen played a 3-3-4 with a 64-rated keeper. Can we really blame the match engine here?

This is when I start to get irritated with the match engine... I see someone won 12-0 with almost 60 shots on goal - horrible stuff. I could see the point if there was some magnificently complex tactics - it was a 3-5-2 with no additional instructions' date=' or perhaps men against boys in the ratings - they were all equally horrid in terms of current rating... conclusion? Match engine is terrible..

On a brighter note, East Stirling take a 2-0 win over Stenhousemuir with new boy Novillo bagging a brace.[/quote']

I learned a long time ago that the best, most consistent tactics are the simple ones. Complex tactics are usually only needed when you are going against a team of similar or higher rating.

I think Jooles' explanation should make things pretty clear...

I drew 2-2 with Chester City, happy with the result as I didn't touch my squad with transfers. I am going to save some money and then the transfers are coming in. Slowly... And Slowly... I am going to start making transfers NOW.... Slowly... Slowly. :D

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Guys I'm broke have made 3 signings and I havent even done much with the squad with 1.4mill so I wont be here next seasn with the looks of it.

Guys I'm broke have made 3 signings and I havent even done much with the squad with 1.4mill so I wont be here next seasn with the looks of it.

This is the beauty of it :)

It's time to put a lot of time and effort into your tactics. This is why I love this kind of challenge. Just think of how the real Ballymeena manager feels, he can't just open up a checkbook, he's got to learn how to win with what he's got.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

This is the beauty of it :)

It's time to put a lot of time and effort into your tactics. This is why I love this kind of challenge. Just think of how the real Ballymeena manager feels' date=' he can't just open up a checkbook, he's got to learn how to win with what he's got.[/quote']

I lost 8-1 I think in my first game

Archived