The Trenches Championship

Sgt Fury

Re: The Trenches Championship Discussion Thread

Well that's one way of describing it. After one game though you had a +12 GD! So another way of putting it would be that in the last 4 games you had a +10 GD. Still impressive' date=' just less so... ;)

Just glad to see that you've no Vulcan's in this league, or have you? :confused::P[/quote']

True :( I would go back to no tactics, but then I risk inconsistent results like 12 goal wins one day and 0-0 draws the next. Best to just be happy with consistently winning I think.

As for the Vulcans, you may have a case there, alot of these Columbians have pretty pointy ears...

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True :( I would go back to no tactics' date=' but then I risk inconsistent results like 12 goal wins one day and 0-0 draws the next. Best to just be happy with consistently winning I think.

As for the Vulcans, you may have a case there, alot of these Columbians have pretty pointy ears...[/quote']

Ah, so the 12-0 was pure luck and the rest was you trying?! Now that explains a lot...:P

And I think you're onto something with those Columbians. You've no idea how long it took me to find a picture of Shakira with her ears showing. Seriously, try it, not as easy as you think! She's definitely been hiding something:

Shakira-JTM-047289.jpg

Beat Macclesfield Town 3-1 to make into the SMFA Champions Cup Quarters against the mighty Barnet and their average rating of 72. I don't know if my players with an average rating of 80 will be able to handle the increase in quality, but we shall see :rolleyes:;):D

also very happy to see that the 1.8 mil made in income off my last group game has put me 1 million in the positive and taken me out of debt. Time to splurge :P

Beat Macclesfield Town 3-1 to make into the SMFA Champions Cup Quarters against the mighty Barnet and their average rating of 72. I don't know if my players with an average rating of 80 will be able to handle the increase in quality' date=' but we shall see :rolleyes:;):D

also very happy to see that the 1.8 mil made in income off my last group game has put me 1 million in the positive and taken me out of debt. Time to splurge :P[/quote']

Nice to know that we're competing at the same level then.

Nice to know that we're competing at the same level then.

well technically we're not competing at the same level anyway since your in division 3 and im in division 1...IF you get up here then we'll be at the same level :P

The following players are available on loan:

Anybody rated under 70 except the 68-rated wingers (5 total)

John Mullin (CM/RM, 70)

Luke Joyce (CM, 71)

Craig Lindfield (CF, 70)

Yaya Sanogo (CF, 75)

Pedro Alcacer (Fwd, 75)

Eric Flores (AM, 75)

Elkeson (AM/Fwd, 76)

If you are taking one of the 75s/76s, I ask that you take one of the 70s or lower with them as well. If there's not that much demand though, I'll probably just let the 75s/76s go by themselves.

Thanks guys!

well technically we're not competing at the same level anyway since your in division 3 and im in division 1...IF you get up here then we'll be at the same level :P

That's not what I'm saying. Fury tried to set this up so that we all have a level playing field, regardless of what division we're in. That got kinda skewed 'cos of the opening balances, but the pales into comparison with the SMFA Cup revenue you get. Fury, any chance of phasing out the SMFA Cup next year? I'm not sure how having that competition on board adds 'realism' for these clubs?

That's not what I'm saying. Fury tried to set this up so that we all have a level playing field' date=' regardless of what division we're in. That got kinda skewed 'cos of the opening balances, but the pales into comparison with the SMFA Cup revenue you get. Fury, any chance of phasing out the SMFA Cup next year? I'm not sure how having that competition on board adds 'realism' for these clubs?[/quote']

Oh I knew what you were trying to say, but I tried to come up with a smokescreen answer because I do agree with you haha. It's all in Fury's hands, because personally I can't say no to money! :P

Well obviously I'm never pleased to lose but getting beat in the cup 2-1 by Elgin City, my closest league rivals is actually starting to look like a good result. Let them worry about juggling players, fitness and the like, and let me concentrate on the league. Result! (kinda). And I suppose it could have been worse, I could have been beaten by Carmarthen! :P

Franco will be for sale during the next transfer window (he will not be transfer banned). Anyone want to agree a price now rather than when the next transfer window opens?

Good idea, try and get a set price now before his value sinks like a stone. :)

it could have been worse' date=' I could have been beaten by Carmarthen! :P[/quote']

Can you believe that result!

Possession 62% to 38%

Shots 42 to 13

On target 22 to 3

Beaten on penalties :(

As for your question on the SMFA competition. How do I stop it from going on next season?

How much revenue did he get?

Actually, now that I look at it, it wasn't THAT much. I made around 650k from the game, and 250k from that went to wages + ground maintenance. I then got an extra 750k for making it to the quarters.

And speaking of unfair losses, I won every statistical category today except the final score and yellow cards :( Sure it wasn't domination, but I had a clear edge in every category. Plus Cofie Bekoe somehow picked up a 5 week injury coming off the bench, to add to Henriquez's 6 week one, Phil Edwards's 2 week one, and Carlos Bacca's 7 day one.

Going back to no tactics, I miss my 12-0 wins.

Beat Carmarthen Town 5-1 at home.

3rd in the league now' date=' When will Accrington and Wimbledon lose? :P[/quote']

now have two successive losses. very even game, lost in the 89th minute to Roberto Cesar goal. away from home, so I'll live with it, though it should've definitely ended in a draw.

What's really wonderful is the 7 week injury Andrew Proctor picked up, gives total of 5 injured first team players. Carlos Bacca comes back in 5 days, but its not like up front was ever my weak spot, got about 8 forwards who have the quality to start. With Henriquez, Proctor, and Edwards out, my defense is completely depleted, and my midfield isn't looking so wonderful either...

As for your question on the SMFA competition. How do I stop it from going on next season?

Sorry man' date=' I'm not sure, I just know it'd would be a good to keep things balanced. Perhaps a bigger question is how to stop the quitters leaving like flies?

The chairman has decided to invest a further £1,502,777 into Aberystwyth Town.

Randum.

Ah well Abersystwyth lose again not won in 6 games :o.

Shame to see so many leave :(

It's funny, I got a similar one in WC2 but not with any of my other teams. Maybe some people at SM got a little carried away with the 5 year birthday celebrations?

The chairman has decided to invest a further £43,375,934 into Middlesbrough.

Re.:

What's really wonderful is the 7 week injury Andrew Proctor picked up' date=' gives total of 5 injured first team players. Carlos Bacca comes back in 5 days, but its not like up front was ever my weak spot, got about 8 forwards who have the quality to start. With Henriquez, Proctor, and Edwards out, my defense is completely depleted, and my midfield isn't looking so wonderful either...[/quote']

That's very un-Mo-like to get all your defenders injured! :P:p

Meanwhile, a nice little 9-1 win for a 2nd string Barrow team today. Gotta love that one. :D

very even game' date=' lost in the 89th minute to Roberto Cesar goal. away from home, so I'll live with it, though it should've definitely ended in a draw.

[/quote']

Can't disagree with you Mo, a draw was the right result, incredibly even on the stats. :o

That said, its a huge 3 points for the Dons.

And well done on your Euro progress.

Perhaps a bigger question is how to stop the quitters leaving like flies?
Shame to see so many leave :(

Nothing I can do about people who quit. As I have said before the only problem I have with SM is with the majority of people who play it. I know one thing, I'm done spending money on custom leagues. This league, I believe is the toughest I have seen and that scares people. Most can't take it and ruin it for serious competitors. More will quit. Question is: are you a loser too?

Archived