The Trenches Championship

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Trenches Championship 11 wins in 11 for Newton. Officially promoted to Division 1

Re: The Trenches Championship Discussion Thread

Re: The Trenches Championship

I know .. I'm not gonna risk aiming for that' date=' I'll try and grab as many points as I can!

Bloody hard against all the top teams though![/quote']

mate ive managed 3 seasons of some how scraping survival in that top tier haha :P ..

its hard work..

i hate grandads.. wot on earth made me run with them this time ill never kno.. there playin dire 4 me n cost a boat load in care costs :P ..

mate ive managed 3 seasons of some how scraping survival in that top tier haha :P ..

its hard work..

i hate grandads.. wot on earth made me run with them this time ill never kno.. there playin dire 4 me n cost a boat load in care costs :P ..

Yeah managed 4th last season somehow, but the league got a lot harder this season :L

I don't mind grandads in this set up tbh!

The offer for Bispo ADRIANO of Santos from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

The offer for Farias WILLIAN of Coritiba from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

The offer for Oliveira EUSEBIO of Ceará SC from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

The offer for Anselmo RAMON of Cruzeiro from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

The offer for Augusto GIOVANNI of Atlético Mineiro from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

The offer for Camilo PATRICK of Palmeiras from Forfar Athletic has been

accepted.

The offer for Emboaba OSCAR of Internacional from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

The offer for Wellington NEM of Fluminense from Forfar Athletic has been accepted.

These are the best risers in brazil and will rise pretty soon. And there is some great risers here and there all MINE! :D:D

Will continue my business as we have offset the loss by europe by shifting baines for 12 million and his replacement will be 3.7 million :P

Arbroath Sign Rooney-Pepe and Matri

delighted with the way the team is shaping up

---- Ivanovic----Pepe----Jagielka

Sanchez---Kharja--Fabregas-----Ronaldo

----------------Messi------------------

---------- Neymar------Rooney

Once kharja is replaced thts an excellent team- would love neymar to get a position change to wing fwd so he could go and wing and let ronaldo go up top with rooney and messi which is my dream attack

article-1217004-067B6ED5000005DC-613_634x443.jpg

The offer for Rodrigo ALEX of Chelsea from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Mark VAN BOMMEL of Milan from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Antonio DI NATALE of Udinese from Stenhousemuir has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Hoping these three can help add to that bit more quality in the side, giving us a great spine!

Team looking like this at the moment;

Given 89

Cassetti 89 -- Alex 91 -- Antonini 89

Van Bommel 92

Pienaar 90 -- ????? ?? -- ????? ?? -- Valbuena 90

Anelka 92 -- Di Natale 92

Should have another £20m coming in after these players come in and I've sold some more players, plus what I'll have left, meaning like £25m .. For two good CM's and a keeper me thinks :)

my team is..

frey-91

bosingwa-91 gallas-91 criscito-90

ballack-91

kuyt 91 parejo-88 hleb-88 arshavin-92

adebayor-91 forlan-92

average age is close to death.. pritty upsettin to say i retire players 1ce there over 25 :P ..

average rating wen al fully fit im sure is either 90/91.. cant think from top of head..

1 word to sum it all up..

SACKED!..

my team is..

frey-91

bosingwa-91 gallas-91 criscito-90

ballack-91

kuyt 91 parejo-88 hleb-88 arshavin-92

adebayor-91 forlan-92

average age is close to death.. pritty upsettin to say i retire players 1ce there over 25 :P ..

average rating wen al fully fit im sure is either 90/91.. cant think from top of head..

1 word to sum it all up..

SACKED!..

My highest average only gets to 91' date=' I'd say the word is [b']tactics[/b]. ;)

My highest average only gets to 91' date=' I'd say the word is [b']tactics[/b]. ;)

id say your talkin silly mate..

them tactics saw u go down and me stay up mate :P ..

3 seasons ive survived in trenches top tier with the worst side if not second worst constantly in the division.. must have been doing something right..

i kno why ill go down this year..

simple.. age to rating ratio.. my players r grandads high rated but theoretically dont play as good as younger lower rated talent.. my decision to go for rating and not actual talent will have cost me my place.. not tactics..

imo a 34 year old 91 rated isnt as good as a 22 year old 88.. harsh reality is ive now got a team of high rated nobodies who are all past there best pritty much and only way is decline..

ill go down cos i ballsed up with signings.. my tactics have kepted a very poor side in the mix for 3 prior seasons now against by far higher quality opposition mate :) ..

id say your talkin silly mate..

them tactics saw u go down and me stay up mate :P ..

3 seasons ive survived in trenches top tier with the worst side if not second worst constantly in the division.. must have been doing something right..

i kno why ill go down this year..

simple.. age to rating ratio.. my players r grandads high rated but theoretically dont play as good as younger lower rated talent.. my decision to go for rating and not actual talent will have cost me my place.. not tactics..

imo a 34 year old 91 rated isnt as good as a 22 year old 88.. harsh reality is ive now got a team of high rated nobodies who are all past there best pritty much and only way is decline..

ill go down cos i ballsed up with signings.. my tactics have kepted a very poor side in the mix for 3 seasons now against by far higher quality opposition mate :) ..

I'd argue that age has no relevance on the game engine and that it only takes into account ratings so having a higher average than previous seasons should make it easier for you like me for example went down because my average wasn't great but now I have a solid one plus good depth I can compete. ;)

I'd argue that age has no relevance on the game engine and that it only takes into account ratings so having a higher average than previous seasons should make it easier for you like me for example went down because my average wasn't great but now I have a solid one plus good depth I can compete. ;)

no chance..

work out lukaku.. hes 18.. 88.. his progression rate is 1 a year at present.. imo on how i work players out his age to rating ratio will work out playin top 90s allday long on this game.. hence hes always 9s 10s goals etc.. there is more 2 signing actual players on this game imo than just going on rating purpose.. why u think its possible for lower rated teams to win against higher with the engine..

imo like i said on prior post.. a 22 year old 88 rated is playin theoretically at a better standard than the 91 rated 34 year old..

the year u went down i was well behind your squad rating wise.. again sure i was the worst in the division and stayed up..

u might play it differently mate and focus on chopin and changein tactics.. which if wot ur sayin about player info is true then how u kno the actual tactics r doing anything for your side then and that also isnt just down 2 overall rating of sides regardless?..

:)

I've done extremely well in terms of age my oldest player is Pepe at 28 which is fine.

I really dont like oldies even 31 is a push unless it was Xavi.

I could have had plenty of 93-94 guys in there 30's but I've done it all before and there comes a day when u just want Neymar and Sanchez etc rather than a Gerrard or Ferdinand- In previous set ups i would have taken the big rated guys all day long but after being there and doing it for a long long time the Arbroath way is the future.

The shocking defence is now 1 of the best

It's still to get better but the hard part is done its just a stroll in the transfer market from now on.

Grays have decided to bring in some new players to help the push for top flight football.

Deals in process are:

The offer for Maxi PEREIRA of Benfica from Grays Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Jorge ROLANDO of FC Porto from Grays Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Édinson CAVANI of Barcelona from Grays Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Thiago MOTTA of Internazionale from Grays Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The offer for Fábio COENTRAO of Real Madrid from Grays Athletic has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

decided to spit my dummy out.. play agressive and just ruin all sides hopes of glory away from the trenches top division..

:P

sacked regardless.. mayaswell go out in style.. contreversy.. wotever u want 2 call it.. :eek: ..

:)

Im in line for an injury 2nite thn lol.

just aswell i have some squad depth now- stay away from Ronaldo

why u so sure of getting sacked your only 3 points from safety and if u win 2nite your only 3 points away from me.

Im in line for an injury 2nite thn lol.

just aswell i have some squad depth now- stay away from Ronaldo

why u so sure of getting sacked your only 3 points from safety and if u win 2nite your only 3 points away from me.

do or die season mate..

im only 454k in debt.. and its turn 9.. 10k side ive decided to only run with this year is maintainin low costs but theres no depth there although an injury or 2 does only drop side ratin 2 89 which is still capable..

the values on majority of my players though 4 wot they r is top end.. i should b able to double numbers up squad wise with capable players if i survive chop etc from movin this lot out 1ce tbs r up..

while tbs last longer on players than actual seasons i gone against risers in this league from the off as i feel u can survive money wise with double up prices on players etc.. sign some 1 extra 2 live off 1ce tb is up.. i could basically b sacked b4 i even had time 2 shift out the risers.. im still in the position of tryin 2 establish as a top tier side.. its hard work as year by year i do progress well but then so does every1 else in top tier :) ..

i just dont like side ive built mate and completely gone against how i usualy play n just went rating high this season.. i just have 'THAT FEELIN' mate this season unfortunately :) ..

was only havin a banter with the agresive part.. i go out mate ill go out honourably :) ..

Stuck in two' date=' not greedy at all .. Cheers Dom :)

Just need a CB now, ladies? :D[/quote']

Would be happy to repay the favors you've been doin me in 106...

Have your pick of anyone in my squad 85-...in the CB department that Rogne, who you can have for the rest of the season.

Also Elton, if you're still interested in Claasen or McEachren, they're all yours.