A lot of people have been asking for Play Offs to be added to SM.

Had an idea today, just thought i'd band it about.

Instead of just 3rd-7th being involved in the play offs for promotion, all clubs play a one off game at the end of the season.

So 1st and 2nd play each other for the title, 3rd play 4th, 5th play 6th, etc.

Know its not realistic, but it would be one solution to the play off argument.

Would be terrible if you finished top by 20 points, and then lost to 2nd place.

But at the relegation end it would make things more exciting.

Re: Total League Play Off

Had an idea today' date=' just thought i'd band it about.

Instead of just 3rd-7th being involved in the play offs for promotion, all clubs play a one off game at the end of the season.

But at the relegation end it would make things more exciting.[/quote']

i totally disagree with tht therw wud be no point doing the season if it came down to just 1 game so sry but i think bad idea. 3-7 places shud stay as play off places

Had an idea today' date=' just thought i'd band it about.

But at the relegation end it would make things more exciting.[/quote']As you suggested this would mean the team finishing 1st by 10 points could lose to a club about 15 points behind them, and a 6th placed team could go up ahead of them, so I dont really agree. It is not realistic, and not fun either, so whilst it would solve the playoff problem it wouldnt be worth the sacrifice in my opinion.

The idea that we are currently planning on introducing would be as follows.

League finshes on a Wednesday. 3rd (home) v 6th (away), 4th (home) v 5th (away) on the Thursday. Play-Off Final Friday. New Season Saturday.

The fitness for these players would not be decremented so greatly in the play-off games.

League finshes on a Wednesday. 3rd (home) v 6th (away)' date=' 4th (home) v 5th (away) on the Thursday. Play-Off Final Friday. New Season Saturday.

The fitness for these players would not be decremented so greatly in the play-off games.[/quote']

yeah a playoff idea is wanted by most forumers and the fact that the games do not affect players fitness and are played so soon after the season finishes it is always a bonus :D great news ! now get back to the tech room and keep everything running smoothly :D:P

As you suggested this would mean the team finishing 1st by 10 points could lose to a club about 15 points behind them' date=' and a 6th placed team could go up ahead of them, so I dont really agree. It is not realistic, and not fun either, so whilst it would solve the playoff problem it wouldnt be worth the sacrifice in my opinion.[/quote']

unless its my bad maths.. but if the top team finished 10 points ahead of 2nd, how can the 2nd placed team be 15 points behind them :confused:

I dont like this idea either, that would be like Man Utd finishing top this season then having to play chelsea again for the title.

Excellent for neutrals and very exciting but not the best for the clubs who finished in the best places, for example the team that finished 4th from bottom but went down in the play off match

unless its my bad maths.. but if the top team finished 10 points ahead of 2nd' date=' how can the 2nd placed team be 15 points behind them :confused:

I dont like this idea either, that would be like Man Utd finishing top this season then having to play chelsea again for the title.

Excellent for neutrals and very exciting but not the best for the clubs who finished in the best places, for example the team that finished 4th from bottom but went down in the play off match[/quote']no, it was my bad maths mate not yours, i was mixing ideas/sentences. :D

it is good to see playoffs on the way though, will add an extra element of realism if done well.

League finshes on a Wednesday. 3rd (home) v 6th (away)' date=' 4th (home) v 5th (away) on the Thursday. Play-Off Final Friday. New Season Saturday.

The fitness for these players would not be decremented so greatly in the play-off games.[/quote']

It would be more realistic if the fitness did play a part so the manager would have to maximise his squad at such a crucial stage of the season.

Fitness is going to play a part as john said, but not so much as regular league games

on wednesday and saturday. Sure it should play some part as it would be stupid if it didn't

and ther would be no point in having fitness on the game.

But think about it logically, if it played a major part like it did in your regular games,

all your star players you play for the play offs, are all going to get injuries or end up on about

15% condition at best. I think it would be better to reduce the amount it affects fitness

in the play offs as it would be slightly unfair on managers as far as injuries to players are

concerned. 4 games straight..... thats going to hurt players a lot if the fitness factor was

standard for the 4 fixtures.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand some people..........

surely the most important factor by far is to ensure that the match engine is in perfect working order. I've raised points on it in the past, as have countless other members. In one of my leagues I have taken a gamble and invested heavily in talent in a lower league and am being held repeatedly by teams far inferior to me. In 4th place now with games running out.............. obviously in this case finishing 4th would give me a play off position, but so what, if all you guys were great managers, surely you don't need to get promoted via play offs :D

My point is that play offs do pale in significence to the most important part of any online game- the MATCH ENGINE! Let's allow SM to get that right and not hassle them about rather less important issues ;)

I really don't understand some people..........

surely the most important factor by far is to ensure that the match engine is in perfect working order. I've raised points on it in the past' date=' as have countless other members. In one of my leagues I have taken a gamble and invested heavily in talent in a lower league and am being held repeatedly by teams far inferior to me. In 4th place now with games running out.............. obviously in this case finishing 4th would give me a play off position, but so what, if all you guys were great managers, surely you don't need to get promoted via play offs :D

My point is that play offs do pale in significence to the most important part of any online game- the MATCH ENGINE! Let's allow SM to get that right and not hassle them about rather less important issues ;)[/quote']

true i see your point but playoffs are a incredibly easy thing to implement and very realistic ! to go up via play off would still require a good manager ! a total league play off for me defies any point of playing the season because it doesnt matter where u finish, u will have a chance , whe playoffs are implemted it will just be like the championship playoffs. and rightly so, also im sure one of the gore brothers said that playoffs WILL be added and that to help people who are competing in them the fitness of their players will not be affected. SM are transferring to new serves , when this happens im sure improovements to the match engine will occur